Using tesseract in a C# application

Waspinator

Feb 15, 2009, 11:47:28 AM2/15/09
to tesseract-ocr
Hi,

I would like to create a simple GUI for tesseract-ocr using C#.

I'm not sure how to include the tesseract-ocr functionality into my
program.
I'm hoping that it would be as easy as having "using tesseract-ocr;"
or something similar at the top of my code.
I guess what I'm looking for is some soft of tesseract SDK that would
let me OCR just a portion of an image file.

I'm using MonoDevelop 1.0 on Ubuntu 8.10.

Thanks,

Waspinator

nguyenq

Feb 15, 2009, 10:28:18 PM2/15/09
to tesseract-ocr
Take a look at VietOCR.NET, a C# GUI frontend integrating
Tessnet2 .NET wrapper for Tesseract 2.03 OCR engine.

http://vietocr.sf.net

Lothar

Feb 16, 2009, 6:43:44 AM2/16/09
to tesseract-ocr
Hi,

have a look at tessnet2:

http://www.pixel-technology.com/freeware/tessnet2/

It's a C# wrapper fpr tesseract.

Regards

Lothar
www.dornieden.org

hiral

Feb 19, 2009, 8:55:32 AM2/19/09
to tesseract-ocr
Hi, this vietocr.net works fine.

how can i add another language support on your existing GUI?

I have made an entry in ISO639-3.xml file. and all tessract trained
files into tessract folder.

but in your code , languages are getting loaded through bin folder.

how can i automate that?

help
Hiral

nguyenq

Feb 19, 2009, 10:32:45 AM2/19/09
to tesseract-ocr
If you already have an entry in the ISO639-3.xml file and the relevant
language data files in the tessdata folder, then the option for the
language will show up in the OCR Language combobox when the program
starts.

Quan