Tesseract GUI

Rajesh Pandey

Aug 11, 2008, 12:31:19 AM8/11/08
to tesser...@googlegroups.com

74yrs old

Aug 12, 2008, 1:15:54 AM8/12/08
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
Whether tesseract GUI for OCR   only for Nepali language?
Please upload screenshot of the GUI also to have idea

Le Hong Trang

Aug 12, 2008, 4:56:27 AM8/12/08
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Rajesh Pandey
I am researching about Tesseract, and want to make a GUI for training ang testing for
tesseract engine (by C#). Can you help me for codinng?

Thanks.

--
Le Hong Trang

Rajesh Pandey

Aug 13, 2008, 1:37:56 AM8/13/08
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
This is for both English and Nepali languages.
But this depends solely upon the tesseract engine, and tessdata provided.
I have kept eng and nep (Nepali) data files in the tessdata folder.

This was a test version and it is incomplete. Some of the bugs include: you have to put the input images in "C:\Program Files\mpp\Tesseract_GUI\" folder

Sorry for the bug but this just works in this way. Tesseract.exe  is not accepting images from locations other than the application directory.

I have also uploaded the source code(Zip):
 http://nepali-ocr.googlecode.com/files/Source_Tesseract_GUI.zip , and any one can contribute and continue working on it.
--
Rajesh Pandey
tesseract_GUI_demo.JPG

Rajesh Pandey

Aug 13, 2008, 1:40:06 AM8/13/08
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
umm I will be happy to help for this. But did you see bbteseract http://code.google.com/p/bbtesseract/ first ?

I think this will be helpful.
--
Rajesh Pandey

74yrs old

Aug 13, 2008, 2:57:07 AM8/13/08
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the information.  whether  GUI is built in Visual
Basic 2008 or Visual C++2008?

Rajesh Pandey

Aug 13, 2008, 3:05:00 AM8/13/08
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
The program is built in visual c++ .NET, 2003
.NET Framework 1.1
--
Rajesh Pandey

74yrs old

Aug 13, 2008, 6:03:51 AM8/13/08
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to build in Visual C++ 6  or Visual C++2008,
since it appears visual c++2003 may not available for download.