Cuneiform Linux 0.3 released

Jussi Pakkanen

Aug 14, 2008, 4:48:14 AM8/14/08
to tesseract-ocr, ocr...@googlegroups.com
Hi again

I have just released version Cuneiform Linux version 0.3. This release
adds support for 64 bit processors as well as HTML output with proper
tags for bold, italic etc. It can also be installs in an LSB compliant
way with 'make install'. So if there are any distro packagers around,
now would be a good time to start packaging.

You can get the source here: https://launchpad.net/cuneiform-linux/+download

yaleks

Aug 15, 2008, 3:08:43 PM8/15/08
to tesseract-ocr
What Distro and GCC, glibc, etc. needed for successful running?

Christian Mahnke

Aug 15, 2008, 5:38:49 PM8/15/08
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

> What Distro and GCC, glibc, etc. needed for successful running?

From what i can tell, it works at least on Ubuntu 8.04 32Bit.

Cheers,
Christian

yaleks

Aug 16, 2008, 6:01:52 AM8/16/08
to tesseract-ocr
Hi,

How you compiled this version (as described in readme or not)? SRPM
exist?

Christian Mahnke

Aug 16, 2008, 7:59:10 AM8/16/08
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

> How you compiled this version (as described in readme or not)? SRPM
> exist?

I've downloaded the tar ball and compiled it as the README suggested...

Cheers,
Christian

Jussi Pakkanen

Aug 16, 2008, 12:17:18 PM8/16/08
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 2:59 PM, Christian Mahnke
<cma...@googlemail.com> wrote:

>> How you compiled this version (as described in readme or not)? SRPM
>> exist?
>>
> I've downloaded the tar ball and compiled it as the README suggested...

I have tested it with 64 bit Ubuntu, 32 bit Debian unstable as well as
OS X Leopard. Source tar ball is the only way, as no-one has packaged
it yet as far as I know.

Further discussion about Cuneiform should be moved to Cuneiform Linux
mailing list, which is here:

https://launchpad.net/~cuneiform

(You have to register to Launchpad before you can post due to spam
problems, sorry about that.)

rene...@gmail.com

Sep 2, 2008, 6:54:50 AM9/2/08
to tesseract-ocr
Hi all,

On Aug 16, 6:17 pm, "Jussi Pakkanen" <jpakk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 2:59 PM, Christian Mahnke

It's packaged since version 0.3 as part of the "build from source" T2
SDE -
System Development Environment:

http://www.t2-project.org/packages/cuneiform.html

Regards,
René

pankaj agarwal

Sep 2, 2008, 8:12:00 AM9/2/08
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
hiii,

I was trying to compile tesseract-2[1].03.tar.gz using MS Visual studio 2005,
OS WIndows XP prof sp2 but it is inconsistent with stdlib.h so didn't compile but its 2.01 exe version is also on google site which may work fine on windows.
           Thanks,

Regards,
Pankaj