Is it possible to deploy tempo on tomcat 5.5 and use its runtime.

khushi....@gmail.com

Oct 12, 2007, 6:37:27 AM10/12/07
to tempo-dev
I have download the src code of tempo project and successfully
compile/build the code as per your build instruction ( using "buildr
package" command over trunk directory).

Questions:
1. I can't see any consolidated war file for the tempo project?
rather there there are some warand jar files get created in respective
folder ( inside target).
so If i want to use this tempo project with a fresh tomcat 5.5 or
greater web server, how can i use it?

2. Is it at all possible to to use tempo project with fresh tomcat web
server ( other than Intalio|BPMS server)?

3. How tempo project( all it wars and jars like tempo-fds-5.1.0.0-
SNAPSHOT.war, tempo-ui-fw-5.1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.war,tempo-tms-
common-5.1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar, etc) getting deployed /(used) inside
Intalio server .

4. I worked on some example but couldn't see any deployed example
project inside deploy directory(../intalio-bpms-4.4.1.049/deploy) of
Intalio server? where are deployed project getting stored inside
Intalio server?

Thanks
khushi

Alex Boisvert

Oct 12, 2007, 10:15:05 AM10/12/07
to temp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Khushi,
I have download the src code of tempo project and successfully
compile/build the code as per your build instruction ( using "buildr
package" command over trunk directory).

Questions:
1.  I can't see any consolidated  war file for the tempo project?
rather there there are some warand jar files get created in respective
folder ( inside target).

Tempo creates 4 wars that must be deployed together:

1) tempo-fds-5.x.x.x.war
2) tempo-ui-fw-5.x.x.x.war
3) tempo-wds-service-5.x.x.x.war
4) tempo-xforms-manager-5.x.x.x.war

as well as 3 Axis2 services that must be deployed on Axis2 1.3,

1) tempo-security-ws-service-5.x.x.x.aar
2) tempo-tas-service-5.x.x.x.aar
3) tempo-tms-service-5.x.x.x.aar

There are additional .jars created but those are libraries, most for client-use, and don't need to be deployed explicitly as many are already included in the .wars.

We're considering doing a fully integrated .war with everything listed above although I anticipate some classloading challenges to get all the components working with the same library versions.  We'll be updating this list as we progress through that effort.

2. Is it at all possible to to use tempo project with fresh tomcat web
server ( other than Intalio|BPMS server)?

All the .war and .aar should work on Tomcat 5.5+.  We don't rely on any application-server specific features, just plain J2EE servlets.  There are variations on container classloading, so that's usually the biggest issue when trying different appservers.

If you want to deploy on Tomcat, you need to,

1) Deploy a JDBC datasource named "BPMSDB" accessible to all apps.
2) Define the system property "org.intalio.tempo.configDirectory" to point to your configuration files (see the "config" dir in SVN)
3) Adjust the configuration files according to your environment (ports, URLs, etc.)

We typically test on Geronimo-1.1.1/Jetty5 so we know that everything works out-of-the-box on that configuration.  Tomcat 5.5+ might require a little tweaking but nothing major.  If you get it working, we'll be happy to integrate your changes and/or post your instructions on the wiki.

3. How tempo project( all it wars and jars like tempo-fds-5.1.0.0-
SNAPSHOT.war , tempo-ui-fw-5.1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.war,tempo-tms-

common-5.1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar,  etc)  getting deployed /(used) inside
Intalio server .

We just use $GERONIMO/bin/deploy.{bat,sh}, although you have to configure the appserver first (see #1,2,3 above)

4. I worked on some example but couldn't see any deployed example
project inside deploy directory(../intalio- bpms-4.4.1.049/deploy) of

Intalio server? where are deployed project getting stored inside
Intalio server?

Processes get deployed under $GERONIMO/var/processes (and automatically synchronized with the database).   Forms and task descriptors are persisted directly in the database (via workflow deployment service) in the ITEMS and TASKS tables.

cheers,
alex

khushi....@gmail.com

Oct 13, 2007, 6:32:48 AM10/13/07
to tempo-dev
Hi Alex,

Thanks for the concrete reply of my queries.
I am still trying to make tomcat 5.5 server up with tempo
capabilities. Just struggling with database and security service setup
( both are not getting properly deployed). I the mean time I am having
couple of questions for you:

1. If tomcat 5.5+ is up with tempo capabilities, is it possible to
write a web service that initiate the human activity (using XForms)?
so what all files or pieces i need to write to test workflow ?
If you have any example for this, do guide for that example.

2. FDS is not general purpose? I means i have to provide the schemes
for different task related to user activities. Where will i need to
put my schemes( in which folder) that FDS will read for conversion.

On Oct 12, 7:15 pm, "Alex Boisvert" <boisv...@intalio.com> wrote:
> Hi Khushi,

> > SNAPSHOT.war, tempo-ui-fw-5.1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.war,tempo-tms-

> > common-5.1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar, etc) getting deployed /(used) inside
> > Intalio server .
>
> We just use $GERONIMO/bin/deploy.{bat,sh}, although you have to configure
> the appserver first (see #1,2,3 above)
>
> 4. I worked on some example but couldn't see any deployed example
>

> > project inside deploy directory(../intalio-bpms-4.4.1.049/deploy) of

Alex Boisvert

Oct 13, 2007, 11:18:07 AM10/13/07
to temp...@googlegroups.com
1. If tomcat 5.5+ is up with tempo capabilities, is it possible to
write a web service that initiate the human activity (using XForms)?
so what all files or pieces i need to write to test workflow ?
If you have any example for this, do guide for that example.

There are 3 sample forms (PIPA, PA, Notification) in Subversion at:
http://www.intalio.org/tempo/trunk/wds-client/AbsenceRequest/

A screenshot of the AbsenceRequest form is here:
http://www.intalio.org/confluence/download/attachments/1430/Workflow%20UI.jpg

These forms only handle the UI part and do not contain code for the handling of the task itself (claim, complete, reassign, ...).   These actions are factored into the XFormsManager that reads the XForms page and dynamically adds various buttons for actions and other features such as generic attachment support.   This leads to a better separation of concern between the form and the framework.

For reference, you can take a look at the code for the XFormManager under
http://www.intalio.org/tempo/trunk/xforms-manager/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/workflow/formManager/

You can see, for example, in init-action.xpl, the framework handling the output of the form (including storing attachments) and submitting the form output to the Task Management Service,

<b> http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/TaskManagementServices</b>
The same logic could be embedded directly in your UI or forms, although we believe it's better to factor it so it can be reused across multiple forms.

2. FDS is not general purpose? I means i have to provide the schemes
for different task related to user activities. Where will i need to
put my schemes( in which folder) that  FDS will read for conversion.

Yes, FDS is general purpose in that it only operates on the task envelope (or metadata) and not the details of the task.  It does not need to be aware of the task's specific input/output schema.   In other words, the request metadata provides all the information needed by FDS for converting and forwarding the message.

alex

khushi....@gmail.com

Oct 15, 2007, 6:37:05 AM10/15/07
to tempo-dev
HI,

1) Deploy a JDBC datasource named "BPMSDB" accessible to all apps.

How to do this? don't have table schema for it?

2) Define the system property "org.intalio.tempo.configDirectory" to
point
to your configuration files (see the "config" dir in SVN)

What do you mean by system property? i didn't find any associated
propeties file in svn-src/trunk
folder? Is is enviroment varuable?

On Oct 13, 8:18 pm, "Alex Boisvert" <boisv...@intalio.com> wrote:

> On 10/13/07, khushi.aggar...@gmail.com <khushi.aggar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > 1. If tomcat 5.5+ is up with tempo capabilities, is it possible to
> > write a web service that initiate the human activity (using XForms)?
> > so what all files or pieces i need to write to test workflow ?
> > If you have any example for this, do guide for that example.
>
> There are 3 sample forms (PIPA, PA, Notification) in Subversion at:http://www.intalio.org/tempo/trunk/wds-client/AbsenceRequest/
>

> A screenshot of the AbsenceRequest form is here:http://www.intalio.org/confluence/download/attachments/1430/Workflow%...

> These forms only handle the UI part and do not contain code for the handling
> of the task itself (claim, complete, reassign, ...). These actions are
> factored into the XFormsManager that reads the XForms page and dynamically
> adds various buttons for actions and other features such as generic
> attachment support. This leads to a better separation of concern between
> the form and the framework.
>

> For reference, you can take a look at the code for the XFormManager underhttp://www.intalio.org/tempo/trunk/xforms-manager/src/main/webapp/WEB...

Alex Boisvert

Oct 16, 2007, 12:49:12 AM10/16/07
to temp...@googlegroups.com

The database schemas got misplaced in a recent shuffle.  I just re-added them under "db-schema", see http://www.intalio.org/tempo/trunk/db-schema/

2) Define the system property "org.intalio.tempo.configDirectory" to
point
to your configuration files (see the "config" dir in SVN)

What do you mean by system property? i didn't find any associated
propeties file in svn-src/trunk
folder? Is is enviroment varuable?

It is a java system property that should be set when you start your web container.

e.g.  java -Dorg.intalio.tempo.configDirectory=/path/to/tempo/config

In Geronimo or Tomcat, this is typically set in the setenv.bat (or setenv.sh) script.

cheers,
alex

khushi....@gmail.com

Oct 17, 2007, 10:04:35 AM10/17/07
to tempo-dev
Hi,

I am trying to test the system with Geronimo 1.1.1(before I further
look in tomcat 5.5) and got the following issue:

1) Using Geronimo Console: I have
a)created the "BPMSDB" database(using DB Manager option),
b)executed the related sql(db-shema for derby, tempo related),
c)created "BPMSDS" data source (using Database pool, option),and
test the connection (successful)
d)Deploy the BPMSDS from the same console.

am I missing anything else related to Database setup as still there
is issue while fetching the task list for user ...saying env/jdbc/
BPMSDB not found?

2) while deploying the following war:
tempo-fds-5.1.0.1-SNAPSHOT.war == successful
tempo-ui-fw-5.1.0.1-SNAPSHOT.war == successful
tempo-xforms-manager-5.1.0.1-SNAPSHOT.war == successful
tempo-wds-service-5.1.0.1-SNAPSHOT.war == Failure:

last war(tempo-wds-service-5.1.0.1-SNAPSHOT.war) is not getting
deployed, failed because of dependency on BPMSDB?

--------

On Oct 16, 9:49 am, "Alex Boisvert" <boisv...@intalio.com> wrote:

> On 10/15/07, khushi.aggar...@gmail.com <khushi.aggar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > 1) Deploy a JDBC datasource named "BPMSDB" accessible to all apps.
> > How to do this? don't have table schema for it?
>
> The database schemas got misplaced in a recent shuffle. I just re-added

> them under "db-schema", seehttp://www.intalio.org/tempo/trunk/db-schema/

Alex Boisvert

Oct 18, 2007, 12:11:34 AM10/18/07
to temp...@googlegroups.com
I am trying to test the system with Geronimo 1.1.1(before I further
look in tomcat 5.5) and got the following issue:

1) Using Geronimo Console: I have
    a)created the "BPMSDB" database(using DB Manager option),
    b)executed the related sql(db-shema for derby, tempo related),
    c)created "BPMSDS" data source (using Database pool, option),and
test the connection (successful)
    d)Deploy the BPMSDS from the same console.

  am I missing anything else related to Database setup as still there
is issue while fetching the task list for user  ...saying env/jdbc/
BPMSDB not found?

Geronimo is a little picky about naming and the datasource name must match exactly what is defined in the webapp descriptor.

As you can see in the WDS descriptor, the groupId must be "com.intalio.bpms" and the artifactId "BPMSDS".   You can find a matching datasource descriptor for Derby here.

alex

Message has been deleted

khushi....@gmail.com

Oct 18, 2007, 1:53:00 AM10/18/07
to tempo-dev
HI,

1) do you deploy war with plan? ( as on console I can see two field
a)input box for war file b) input box for plan) I just fill the war
file path and doesn't give any plan entry. Is this correct approach?

2) I have resolved the dependency issue while deploying the war file
( now it is getting deployed successfully)
After that i have created the data source using the plan (geronimo-
ds.xml) as referred by you. Still "env/jdbc/BPMSDB not found" error is
pooping up.
are there some file like server.xml( in case of tomcat) need to
modify?
Is this the only step to setup the Database access or there are other
xml also which needs to be modifies manually(with context details of
tms,wds,ui-fw services)?

thanks
khushi..

On Oct 18, 9:11 am, "Alex Boisvert" <boisv...@intalio.com> wrote:

> On 10/17/07, khushi.aggar...@gmail.com <khushi.aggar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I am trying to test the system with Geronimo 1.1.1(before I further
> > look in tomcat 5.5) and got the following issue:
>
> > 1) Using Geronimo Console: I have
> > a)created the "BPMSDB" database(using DB Manager option),
> > b)executed the related sql(db-shema for derby, tempo related),
> > c)created "BPMSDS" data source (using Database pool, option),and
> > test the connection (successful)
> > d)Deploy the BPMSDS from the same console.
>
> > am I missing anything else related to Database setup as still there
> > is issue while fetching the task list for user ...saying env/jdbc/
> > BPMSDB not found?
>
> Geronimo is a little picky about naming and the datasource name must match
> exactly what is defined in the webapp descriptor.
>
> As you can see in the WDS

> descriptor<http://www.intalio.org/tempo/trunk/wds-service/src/main/webapp/WEB-IN...>,

> the groupId must be "com.intalio.bpms" and the artifactId "BPMSDS". You
> can find a matching datasource descriptor for Derby

> here<http://www.intalio.org/tempo/trunk/db-schema/derby/geronimo-ds.xml>
> .
>
> alex

khushi....@gmail.com

Oct 18, 2007, 3:35:15 AM10/18/07
to tempo-dev
HI,

1) do you deploy war with plan? ( as on console I can see two field
a)input box for war file b) input box for plan) I just fill the war
file path and doesn't give any plan entry. Is this correct approach?

2) How did the "console-config.xml" file getting created inside
"%GERONIMO_HOME%\var\config\console" folder? This file contain the
entry for jndi datasource.
In my case i never got console folder created inside "%GERONIMO_HOME%
\var\config\console".

3) I have resolved the dependency issue while deploying the war file

( now it is getting deployed successfully)
After that i have created the data source using the plan (geronimo-
ds.xml) as referred by you. Still "env/jdbc/BPMSDB not found" error is
pooping up.
are there some file like server.xml( in case of tomcat) need to
modify?
Is this the only step to setup the Database access or there are other
xml also which needs to be modifies manually(with context details of
tms,wds,ui-fw services)?

thanks
khushi..

On Oct 18, 9:11 am, "Alex Boisvert" <boisv...@intalio.com> wrote:

> On 10/17/07, khushi.aggar...@gmail.com <khushi.aggar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I am trying to test the system with Geronimo 1.1.1(before I further
> > look in tomcat 5.5) and got the following issue:
>
> > 1) Using Geronimo Console: I have
> > a)created the "BPMSDB" database(using DB Manager option),
> > b)executed the related sql(db-shema for derby, tempo related),
> > c)created "BPMSDS" data source (using Database pool, option),and
> > test the connection (successful)
> > d)Deploy the BPMSDS from the same console.
>
> > am I missing anything else related to Database setup as still there
> > is issue while fetching the task list for user ...saying env/jdbc/
> > BPMSDB not found?
>
> Geronimo is a little picky about naming and the datasource name must match
> exactly what is defined in the webapp descriptor.
>
> As you can see in the WDS

> descriptor<http://www.intalio.org/tempo/trunk/wds-service/src/main/webapp/WEB-IN...>,

> the groupId must be "com.intalio.bpms" and the artifactId "BPMSDS". You
> can find a matching datasource descriptor for Derby

Alex Boisvert

Oct 18, 2007, 8:47:16 AM10/18/07
to temp...@googlegroups.com
1) do you deploy war with plan? ( as on console I can see two field
a)input box for war file b) input box for plan) I just fill the war
file path and doesn't give any plan entry. Is this correct approach?

Yes, Geronimo will automatically use the plan inside the .war file if you don't supply an explicit one.

2) How did the "console-config.xml" file getting created inside
"%GERONIMO_HOME%\var\config\console" folder? This file contain the
entry for jndi datasource.
In my case i never got console folder created inside "%GERONIMO_HOME%
\var\config\console".

The Intalio Console is not part of the Tempo project and is not required by Tempo so you don't need the $GERONIMO/var/config/console directory or any of its configuration files.

3) I have resolved the dependency issue while deploying the war file
( now it is getting deployed successfully)
After that i have created the data source using the plan (geronimo-
ds.xml) as referred by you. Still "env/jdbc/BPMSDB not found" error is
pooping up.
are there some file like server.xml( in case of tomcat) need to
modify?

The binding of env/jdbc/BPMSDB happens at the .war level with two files:  web.xml  (declaration) and geronimo-web.xml (binding)

Taking WDS as an example, web.xml declares the datasource:
  <resource-ref>
<res-ref-name>jdbc/BPMSDB</res-ref-name>
<res-auth>Container</res-auth>
</resource-ref>
and geronimo-web.xml binds it to the BPMSDS datasource defined at the server level,

  <resource-ref>
<ref-name>jdbc/BPMSDB</ref-name>
<resource-link>BPMSDS</resource-link>
</resource-ref>
there are no other server configuration file to change (beyond deploying the BPMSDS datasource).

One thing I discovered today is that I had checked-in the Derby BPMSDS descriptor for Geronimo 2.0.1 (experimental) instead of the one for Geronimo 1.1.1.  I just fixed that in SVN.  If you were using that file, you should try to redeploy BPMSDS with the corrected descriptor.

alex

khushi....@gmail.com

Oct 18, 2007, 9:17:26 AM10/18/07
to tempo-dev
HI,

I already figured out that Geronimo 1.1.1(derby-db-plan.xml) for
deploying ( as it was failing with other plan).

I used the following command for deploying the database pool as:

1)java -jar bin/deployer.jar deploy "C:\STP\derby-db-plan.xml" "C:\STP
\geronimo-1.1.1\repository\tranql\tranql-connector\1.2\tranql-
connector-1.2.rar"

it got successfully deployed. but here if you redeploy it using
command
java -jar bin/deployer.jar redeploy "C:\STP\derby-db-plan.xml" "C:\STP
\geronimo-1.1.1\repository\tranql\tranql-connector\1.2\tranql-
connector-1.2.rar"

it raises alarm like:
No ModuleID or TargetModuleID provided. Attempting to guess
based
on the content of the plan.
Attempting to use ModuleID 'com.intalio.bpms/BPMSDS/1.0/rar'
Stopped com.intalio.bpms/BPMSDS/1.0/rar
Unloaded com.intalio.bpms/BPMSDS/1.0/rar
Uninstalled com.intalio.bpms/BPMSDS/1.0/rar
Deployed com.intalio.bpms/BPMSDS/1.0/rar
Started com.intalio.bpms/BPMSDS/1.0/rar
Redeployed com.intalio.bpms/BPMSDS/1.0/rar

a)I think i need to mention ...Module ID as well while deploying? Can
you pass me exact command for deployin?
b) I can see in the derby-db-plan.xml plan that there is an entry for
"global-jndi-name" as
<global-jndi-name>jdbc/BPMSDB</global-jndi-name>
this the palace where we mention the jndi name for reference and it
becomes available server wide after deploying the pool.

2) I did all the above things correctly and checked both files for all
component (fds,wds,ui-fw etc) web.xml (declaration) and geronimo-
web.xml (binding). These files have correct entry but still i getting
the same error while fectching the task list after login step:

it seems, i am almost there but missing some configuration:
error trace is like:

Caused by: org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Error creating bean with name
'tms.servic
eImplementation' defined in file [C:\STP\geronimo-1.1.1\var\config
\tempo-tms.xml
]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'tms.server' while setting bean
property 'se
rver'; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationExcepti
on: Error creating bean with name 'tms.server' defined in file [C:\STP
\geronimo-
1.1.1\var\config\tempo-tms.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean
'tms.daoFactor
y' while setting bean property 'taskDAOFactory'; nested exception is
org.springf
ramework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with
name 'tms
.daoFactory' defined in file [C:\STP\geronimo-1.1.1\var\config\tempo-
tms.xml]: I
nstantiation of bean failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.BeanI
nstantiationException: Could not instantiate bean class
[org.intalio.tempo.workf
low.tms.server.dao.JDBCTaskDAOConnectionFactory]: Constructor threw
exception; n
ested exception is java.lang.RuntimeException:
javax.naming.NameNotFoundExceptio
n: env/jdbc/BPMSDB

thanks
khushi,

On Oct 18, 5:47 pm, "Alex Boisvert" <boisv...@intalio.com> wrote:

> On 10/18/07, khushi.aggar...@gmail.com <khushi.aggar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > 1) do you deploy war with plan? ( as on console I can see two field
> > a)input box for war file b) input box for plan) I just fill the war
> > file path and doesn't give any plan entry. Is this correct approach?
>
> Yes, Geronimo will automatically use the plan inside the .war file if you
> don't supply an explicit one.
>
> 2) How did the "console-config.xml" file getting created inside
>
> > "%GERONIMO_HOME%\var\config\console" folder? This file contain the
> > entry for jndi datasource.
> > In my case i never got console folder created inside "%GERONIMO_HOME%
> > \var\config\console".
>
> The Intalio Console is not part of the Tempo project and is not required by
> Tempo so you don't need the $GERONIMO/var/config/console directory or any of
> its configuration files.
>
> 3) I have resolved the dependency issue while deploying the war file
>
> > ( now it is getting deployed successfully)
> > After that i have created the data source using the plan (geronimo-
> > ds.xml) as referred by you. Still "env/jdbc/BPMSDB not found" error is
> > pooping up.
> > are there some file like server.xml( in case of tomcat) need to
> > modify?
>
> The binding of env/jdbc/BPMSDB happens at the .war level with two files:
> web.xml (declaration) and geronimo-web.xml (binding)
>
> Taking WDS as an example,

> web.xml<http://www.intalio.org/tempo/trunk/wds-service/src/main/webapp/WEB-IN...>declares

> the datasource:
>
> <resource-ref>
> <res-ref-name>jdbc/BPMSDB</res-ref-name>
> <res-type>javax.sql.DataSource</res-type>
> <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
> <res-sharing-scope>Shareable</res-sharing-scope>
> </resource-ref>
>

> and geronimo-web.xml<http://www.intalio.org/tempo/trunk/wds-service/src/main/webapp/WEB-IN...>binds

> it to the BPMSDS datasource defined at the server level,
>
> <resource-ref>
> <ref-name>jdbc/BPMSDB</ref-name>
> <resource-link>BPMSDS</resource-link>
> </resource-ref>
>
> there are no other server configuration file to change (beyond deploying the
> BPMSDS datasource).
>
> One thing I discovered today is that I had checked-in the Derby BPMSDS

> descriptor<http://www.intalio.org/tempo/trunk/db-schema/derby/geronimo-ds.xml>for

Alex Boisvert

Oct 18, 2007, 9:40:15 AM10/18/07
to temp...@googlegroups.com
I used the following command for deploying the database pool as:

1)java -jar bin/deployer.jar deploy "C:\STP\derby- db-plan.xml" "C:\STP

\geronimo-1.1.1\repository\tranql\tranql-connector\1.2\tranql-
connector-1.2.rar"

Yes, this is the right command.

it got successfully deployed. but here if you redeploy it using
command
it raises alarm like:
       No ModuleID or TargetModuleID provided.  Attempting to guess based
       on the content of the plan.

Yes, you can ignore this message since Geronimo uses the information from the plan.

b) I can see in the derby-db-plan.xml plan that there is an entry for
"global-jndi-name" as
          <global-jndi-name>jdbc/BPMSDB</global-jndi-name>
this the palace where we mention the jndi name for reference and it
becomes available server wide after deploying the pool.

Actually this is kind of misleading since there is no true global JNDI context in Geronimo 1.1.1, it was only introduced in G2.0.1.  That's why the datasources must be bound via web.xml/geronimo-web.xml to make them availalbe in the webapp's context.

2) I did all the above things correctly and checked both files for all
component (fds,wds,ui-fw etc) web.xml  (declaration) and geronimo-
web.xml (binding). These files have correct entry but still i getting
the same error while fectching the task list after login step:

it seems, i am almost there but missing some configuration:
error trace is like:

Error creating bean with
name 'tms.daoFactory' defined in file [C:\STP\geronimo-1.1.1\var\config\tempo-
tms.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException : Could not instantiate bean class

[org.intalio.tempo.workflow.tms.server.dao.JDBCTaskDAOConnectionFactory]: Constructor threw
exception; nested exception is java.lang.RuntimeException:
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException : env/jdbc/BPMSDB

This error is probably because you have not declared the BPMSDB datasource reference and binding when you deployed Axis2 on Geronimo.  You need to edit Axis2 1.3 web.xml to add:

<resource-ref>
      <description>BPMS Console DataSource</description>

      <res-ref-name>jdbc/BPMSDB</res-ref-name>
      <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
</resource-ref>

and add a geronimo-web.xml (see attached) under the WEB-INF directory.

alex

geronimo-web.xml

khushi....@gmail.com

Oct 19, 2007, 1:06:18 AM10/19/07
to tempo-dev
Hi Alex,

Sorry To say but doing all the following things, tempo project is
not working:

I am listing these initial following points for your system to work
in geronomo1.1.1/getty5 system ( though still there is something
missing as it is not working yet)

1) download geronimo 1.1.1/getty5 from apache site (http://
geronimo.apache.org/apache-geronimo-v111-release.html) and unzip it .

2) download the tempo source from http://tempo.intalio.org/tempo
( using svn) and build the source as mentioned on the sited by
installing rubygem(if not already installed),
/* run the "C:\some_dir\src-tempo\trunk> builr package" to build the
target war and services(*.aar) files. */

3) open localhost:8080/console, enter user id/password (system/
manager) :
a) create a derby database name "BPMSDB" using DB Manager(in right
panel on geronimo console)
and run sql given in C:\some_dir\src-tempo\trunk\db-schema.
b) create a datasource pool name "BPMSDS" using DB Pool option .
c) deploy the datasource pool using following command
C:\unzipdir_geronimo\geronimo-1.1.1>java -jar bin/deployer.jar
deploy "C:\some_dir\src-tempo\trunk\db-schema\derby-db-plan.xml" "C:
\unzipdir_geronimo\geronimo-1.1.1\repository\tranql\tranql-connector
\1.2\tranql-
connector-1.2.rar"

4) Deploy axis2 war ( after modifying the WEB-INF/web.xml file and
copying geronimo-web.xml file in WEB-INF folder)

5) Deploy ode.war file (after modifying the WEB-INF/web.xml file and
copying geronimo-web.xml file in WEB-INF folder)

6) Deploy the following service ( build by runing "buildr package"
command on your local system) in
axis2:

1) tempo-security-ws-service-5.x.x.x.aar
2) tempo-tas-service-5.x.x.x.aar
3) tempo-tms-service-5.x.x.x.aar

7) Deploy following wars in Geronimo using "New Depoy" option in
geronimo console

1) tempo-fds-5.x.x.x.war
2) tempo-ui-fw-5.x.x.x.war
3) tempo-wds-service-5.x.x.x.war
4) tempo-xforms-manager-5.x.x.x.war

8) Copy C:\some_dir\src-tempo\trunk\config\*.xml files to C:
\unzipdir_geronimo\geronimo-1.1.1\var\config folder.

9) Deploy C:\some_dir\src-tempo\trunk\processes\TaskManager process on
ode

10) After doing all these step you should get tempo related services
up and running (along with database pool service, axis 2 service and
ode)

goto internet explore and enter the following URL: "http://localhost:
8080/ui-fw"
you will get the login screen. Enter ( id/pwd as admin/changeit ) ,
you will redirected to task list page (..but there you see message as
Error in retrieving the TASK LIST on top )

On Geronimo console you will find the exception stating as
"java.lang.RuntimeException:
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: env/jdbc/BPMSDB".
occuring while resing the "tempo-tms.xml" file inside /var/config
folder.

I wish this information can save at least some time for other people
who is trying the same thing,

Thanks
khushi..

On Oct 18, 6:40 pm, "Alex Boisvert" <boisv...@intalio.com> wrote:

> On 10/18/07, khushi.aggar...@gmail.com <khushi.aggar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I used the following command for deploying the database pool as:
>

> > 1)java -jar bin/deployer.jar deploy "C:\STP\derby-db-plan.xml" "C:\STP

> geronimo-web.xml
> 1K

Download

Nicolas Modrzyk

Oct 19, 2007, 1:54:28 AM10/19/07
to temp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Khushi,

I'm new on the project, so I'm not completely sure about the following
answer, but ...

I've committed an updated geronimo-ds.xml file in the tempo SVN.

On your step3, create the derby database, but do not create the
datasource by hand.
Use the deployer with the updated geronimo-ds.xml and the tranql connector.
When you run it (you should actually require a username and password
for deploying on geronimo via the command line) you should get an
error message if doesn't work.

This is the output I have on the deployer terminal:

No ModuleID or TargetModuleID provided. Attempting to guess based
on the content of the plan.

Attempting to use ModuleID 'org.intalio.bpms/BPMSDS/1.0/rar'
Stopped org.intalio.bpms/BPMSDS/1.0/rar
Unloaded org.intalio.bpms/BPMSDS/1.0/rar
Uninstalled org.intalio.bpms/BPMSDS/1.0/rar
Deployed org.intalio.bpms/BPMSDS/1.0/rar
Started org.intalio.bpms/BPMSDS/1.0/rar
Redeployed org.intalio.bpms/BPMSDS/1.0/rar

And this is on the geronimo terminal:
Your connector plan has obsolete elements or attributes in it. Please
remove version attributes, global-jndi-name elements, and
credential-interface elements

It worked here, so let me know if this works for you.

Niko,

khushi....@gmail.com

Oct 19, 2007, 4:07:02 AM10/19/07
to tempo-dev
Hi Niko,

1)I did used the modified plan given by Alex and modified the plan
to get it work( by removing version number etc)
on command line when it asked for user id and password entered system/
manager.
it got deployed successfully.

2) I have created the database using Geronimo console ,not by hand
( and even executed sql need for DB on console itself)-- so I can
confidently say my DB creation(BPMSDB) and DB pool(BPMSDS) deployment
steps are correct.

Still somewhere something is missing? That's what i can guess, yet
trying to figuring that out?

3) Probably error can be with ode configuration or axis configuration
as rest of the things looks quite smooth and ok.

Thanks