8 mpbs home dsl connection for rs. 1500!

Mansoor Adenwala

Apr 13, 2009, 12:09:19 PM4/13/09
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

IMZAK is a local islamabad-based ISP quietly running in the background. I was browsing their site when i came across the following page

http://www.imzak.com/packages.html

Economy Package
2Mb Unlimited ------ Rs.1000.00

8Mb Unlimited ------ Rs.1500.00.

Home user only. Three months billing applies.

No Modem Included in Economy Packages.
Free installation.

Has someone used this service? i'm using a 1mpbs connection right now, and so far, it's MUCH better than my PTCL one (no connection drops :)).

--
-mansoor
I'm at.:.

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." - Gandhi

Nadir Nasir

Apr 13, 2009, 4:25:14 PM4/13/09
to telecom-grid-pakistan
This seem to be very interesting. But what did the businesses in ISB do to deserve a 256kb connection in 5,500/- !

Is there any sort of restriction in such as limited access to websites or use of downloaders etc?

An another question... What are they using at the back end that allows them to "guarantee" a connection?

2009/4/13 Mansoor Adenwala <aden...@gmail.com>

--
Nadir Nasir
#: +92-32-1242-7646

Rehan Allah Wala

Apr 14, 2009, 4:59:02 AM4/14/09
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
wow

I woul dlove to hear more about them...

is some one here using it ?

> Hello All,
>
> IMZAK is a local islamabad-based ISP quietly running in the background. I was browsing their site
> when i came across the following page
>
> http://www.imzak.com/packages.html
>
> Economy Package
> 2Mb Unlimited ------ Rs.1000.00
> 8Mb Unlimited ------ Rs.1500.00.
>

> Home user only. Three months billing applies.
>
> No Modem Included in Economy Packages.
> Free installation.
> Has someone used this service? i'm using a 1mpbs connection right now, and so far, it's MUCH
> better than my PTCL one (no connection drops :)).
>
> --
> -mansoor
> I'm at.:.
> http://www.wordofmansoor.com- My thoughts, my life
>
> "Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." - Gandhi

Rehan Ahmed AllahWala
President & CEO - Super Technologies Inc.

http://www.supertec.com/ - Internet Telephony Solutions

Don't Remember Me ? Visit http://www.Rehan.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."
By Gandhi.

Saad Ibrahim

Apr 13, 2009, 5:18:06 PM4/13/09
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
its a cable net... umm kinda similar to connect in karachi
and you know with cable net comes unreliability

Haris Shamsi

Apr 13, 2009, 11:59:50 PM4/13/09
to Telecom Grid Pakistan
is it last mile bandwidth or "internet pipe" bandwidth. How many users
are sharing this ( i am sure its not a dedicated bandwidth) right ???
is this information "web site info" only or some one has really
subscribed and tested it ?

On Apr 14, 2:18 am, Saad Ibrahim <msl.fr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> its a cable net... umm kinda similar to connect in karachi
> and you know with cable net comes unreliability
>
> On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 1:59 PM, Rehan Allah Wala <re...@supertec.com>wrote:
>

> > wow
>
> > I woul dlove to hear more about them...
>
> > is some one here using it ?
>
> > > Hello All,
>
> > > IMZAK is a local islamabad-based ISP quietly running in the background. I
> > was browsing their site
> > > when i came across the following page
>
> > >http://www.imzak.com/packages.html
>
> > > Economy Package
> > > 2Mb Unlimited ------ Rs.1000.00
> > > 8Mb Unlimited ------ Rs.1500.00.
>
> > > Home user only. Three months billing applies.
>
> > > No Modem Included in Economy Packages.
> > > Free installation.
> > > Has someone used this service? i'm using a 1mpbs connection right now,
> > and so far, it's MUCH
> > > better than my PTCL one (no connection drops :)).
>
> > > --
> > > -mansoor
> > > I'm at.:.
> > >http://www.wordofmansoor.com-My thoughts, my life
>
> > > "Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
> > forever." - Gandhi
>
> > Rehan Ahmed AllahWala
> > President & CEO - Super Technologies Inc.
>
> >http://www.supertec.com/- Internet Telephony Solutions
>
> > Don't Remember Me ? Visithttp://www.Rehan.com

Shaheer Khan

Apr 14, 2009, 11:27:05 AM4/14/09
to Telecom Grid Pakistan
From what I know, they're a DSL operator that was based (initially) in
Rawalpindi (their address said that they were in Chaklala, but have
moved to Islamabad). A friend of mine (in Bahria Town Rawalpindi) said
it's MUCH better than PTCL - though I haven't personally used it
myself. I don't know about the sharing ratio though

I have to say, their website is bad - half of the links are non-
functional. Sad to see from a company providing 8mbps connections,
whether it's shared or not.

> > > forever." - Gandhi
>
> > > Rehan Ahmed AllahWala
> > > President & CEO - Super Technologies Inc.
>
> > >http://www.supertec.com/-Internet Telephony Solutions

aamir attaa

Apr 14, 2009, 11:39:42 AM4/14/09
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
they use satellite internet (such as http://www.eutelsat.com/home/index.html) for downloading and DSL for uploading. All systems are kept on shared network.

Dedicated accounts with infrastructure easily available at College Road Rwp

A. Sajjad Zaidi

Apr 14, 2009, 4:43:44 PM4/14/09
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
I had similar connectivity (EutelSat downlink + DSL uplink) about 5 years ago. Back then, a 768Kbps downlink for 50 euros/month was a bargain, though latency was terrible and the effective bandwidth varied a lot. I doubt that the connectivity has improved much since then.

Sajjad
http://sajjadzaidi.com

Asif Gul Khan

Apr 14, 2009, 12:35:52 PM4/14/09
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com

I read this line twice "it's MUCH better than PTCL" .... Since when PTCL became benchmark for internet speed/reliability?? I hope 8mb is not their total bandwidth which they have purchsed from some " Proper ISP " , otherwise that is ridiculously strange!

Regards,

Asif Khan

Ahmad, Shakeel

Apr 14, 2009, 4:58:10 PM4/14/09
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
Not to mention - there does exist tools and techniques to break into someone's downlink and use it without paying anything. I've seen atleast 2 of "local cable net wala" using hacked accounts from Turkey, Russian & Afghanistan. Although they only work for couple of days till some weeks but they have plenty of options to choose from.

Shaheer Khan

Apr 15, 2009, 2:24:30 AM4/15/09
to Telecom Grid Pakistan
I'm only telling you what my friend told me (who had to shift to PTCL
because of Smart TV after using Imzak). I have no say in it. :)

On Apr 14, 10:35 pm, Asif Gul Khan <noc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I read this line twice "it's MUCH better than PTCL" .... Since when PTCL
> became benchmark for internet speed/reliability?? I hope 8mb is not their
> total bandwidth which they have purchsed from some " Proper ISP " ,
> otherwise that is ridiculously strange!
>
> Regards,
>
> Asif Khan
>
> On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 8:39 PM, aamir attaa <aam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > they use satellite internet (such as
> >http://www.eutelsat.com/home/index.html) for downloading and DSL for
> > uploading. All systems are kept on shared network.
>
> > Dedicated accounts with infrastructure easily available at College Road Rwp

> >> my life

Sarum

May 17, 2009, 10:57:57 AM5/17/09
to Telecom Grid Pakistan
I recently visited their office in Blue Area Islamabad, which by the
way was very hard to find. They confirmed that the 8mb connection is
shared. I am guessing very low bandwidth during office hours but full
speed at night. I was hoping if someone who has tried their connection
could tell about their service.

The temptation of an 8mb connection at Rs 1500 is too good to let it
just past by.=D