Mobilink Help line

Atif

Aug 2, 2009, 3:10:22 AM8/2/09
to Telecom Grid Pakistan
Since last night I am having this problem dialing in mobilink help
line. I get the recording "The number is busy, please try later" or
network busy. Seems like a big glitch has struck their systems. Anyone
facing same problem?

Faried Nawaz

Aug 3, 2009, 12:18:16 AM8/3/09
to Telecom Grid Pakistan
It's probably not the same problem, but I've had trouble calling
landline numbers from Mobilink over the past few days ("network busy").

aamir attaa

Aug 3, 2009, 2:22:18 AM8/3/09
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
I don't call Mobilink helpline anymore, previously i used to call them (from ufone to Mobilink's helpline) and on 90 percent instances no one took my call, despite waiting for up to 30 minutes...

No solution in my opinion..!

(Don't ask me why do i call them while being on Ufone)

Badar Khushnood

Aug 3, 2009, 1:51:44 AM8/3/09
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
Salam Atif,

Mobilink seems to be crippled badly for the last many days now. I've not only been facing the same prob as urs but also couldn't make any int'l calls either. Moreover, I also used to get the msg "the number is busy on the other line" when I used to call somebody in LHR (while traveling to KHI) and when I cross-checked, this wasn't true and the recipient also never got a missed call in this case.

Anyway, plz share ur prob with Mobilink Customer Care [ custom...@mobilink.net ] as I suggested them to plz stop their stupid advertising where they "falsely claim" no compromise on signal & quality until they really fix it.

I wish & pray that telcos & ISPs be soon taken to consumer courts as they keep on charging the customer but the up-time is at times, sorry to say, pathetic! I mean Mobilink would charge me the highest level of monthly line rent and the call charges for all the dialed out calls would also be the same and there's no compensation/adjustment for the time & effort lost while trying to make that one successful call. Shouldn't they immediately drop their line rent for the month their service was poor and then also either not charge or only charge less than the standard call rates as every successful call comes after trying minutes of redialing and listening to "network busy", etc. tones?

My blood pressure really shoots up when somebody calls back after your email complaint and very conveniently says, "sir, we know about this prob in your area and we are sorry for this. It should be fixed soon." And when you ask by when, they'd say, "very soon sir but we can't give u an exact date/time". Didn't I know this answer even before I submitted the complaint?

Regards,
-B

Kashif Aziz

Aug 3, 2009, 2:31:06 AM8/3/09
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
I had this issue number of times, especially during and after the rains in Karachi. I have noticed that whenever there is a system outage, their helpline became inaccessible.

Try to email them. If all fails, lodge complaint with PTA. They do respond.

Regards,

Kashif

www.apnijobs.com - Jobs in Pakistan and abroad

Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/apnijobs

_dm+

Aug 3, 2009, 2:38:10 AM8/3/09
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
Mobilink is busy in upgrading its call center to Avaya Layer 3 IP Contact Center. This activity has been in progress since last couple of months. I am not taking their side, but such kind of behavior is usually observed in case of such large transitions from one technology to the other.

rgds,
dm
--
_dm+

+92-321-DANISH7
http://digitalogics.wordpress.com
www.facebook.com/danish.mustafa

Engineer - IT Network Infrastructure and Security
Augere Pakistan

Ted Turner  - "Sports is like a war without the killing."

Faraz Javed Awan

Aug 3, 2009, 3:09:06 AM8/3/09
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
Well as far as this issue is concerned you can raise it to custom...@mobilink.net, they will get back to u on this... since they are in a phase of transferring their contact center karachi to a new place , the probability is call routing they will be having issue...

Regards
Faraz Awan
--
Regards
Faraz Javed Awan

Badar Khushnood

Aug 3, 2009, 3:19:17 AM8/3/09
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
Its perfectly alright to upgrade and all but until they r back with full service as committed/advertised and as per standards (set by PTA or global norms), they should NOT keep on charging the customer the any line rent and calling amount. They should offer free service until they can offer baseline QoS.

Isn't this exploitation? Shouldn't service oriented companies in Pakistan also offer Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with money back warranties in case of failures/outages beyond certain limits?

-B

AdnanShafiq

Aug 3, 2009, 4:06:44 AM8/3/09
to Telecom Grid Pakistan
Dear All,
I have tested and trial ISP's & Telco services complaint to PTA and
seen their reason reply / action against concerning bodies. Further
Consumer courts and consumer rights associations should come up with
24/7 call centers / website / complaint lodging procedure where
consumers could get what they pay for. From this very perspective, I
am happy to see PTA response towards complaints made against ISPs and
Telco's, it is atleast some hope in brutal land.

On Aug 3, 11:38 am, "_dm+" <danish.must...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Mobilink is busy in upgrading its call center to Avaya Layer 3 IP Contact
> Center. This activity has been in progress since last couple of months. I am
> not taking their side, but such kind of behavior is usually observed in case
> of such large transitions from one technology to the other.
> rgds,
> dm
>
> On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 11:51 AM, Badar Khushnood
> <badar.khushn...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Salam Atif,
>
> > Mobilink seems to be crippled badly for the last many days now. I've not
> > only been facing the same prob as urs but also couldn't make any int'l calls
> > either. Moreover, I also used to get the msg "the number is busy on the
> > other line" when I used to call somebody in LHR (while traveling to KHI) and
> > when I cross-checked, this wasn't true and the recipient also never got a
> > missed call in this case.
>
> > Anyway, plz share ur prob with Mobilink Customer Care [
> > customerc...@mobilink.net ] as I suggested them to plz stop their stupid
> > advertising where they "falsely claim" no compromise on signal & quality
> > until they really fix it.
>
> > I wish & pray that telcos & ISPs be soon taken to consumer courts as they
> > keep on charging the customer but the up-time is at times, sorry to say,
> > pathetic! I mean Mobilink would charge me the highest level of monthly line
> > rent and the call charges for all the dialed out calls would also be the
> > same and there's no compensation/adjustment for the time & effort lost while
> > trying to make that one successful call. Shouldn't they immediately drop
> > their line rent for the month their service was poor and then also either
> > not charge or only charge less than the standard call rates as every
> > successful call comes after trying minutes of redialing and listening to
> > "network busy", etc. tones?
>
> > My blood pressure really shoots up when somebody calls back after your
> > email complaint and very conveniently says, "sir, we know about this prob in
> > your area and we are sorry for this. It should be fixed soon." And when you
> > ask by when, they'd say, "very soon sir but we can't give u an exact
> > date/time". Didn't I know this answer even before I submitted the complaint?
>
> > Regards,
> > -B
>
> > On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 1:10 PM, Atif <shehzada...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Since last night I am having this problem dialing in mobilink help
> >> line. I get the recording "The number is busy, please try later" or
> >> network busy. Seems like a big glitch has struck their systems. Anyone
> >> facing same problem?
>
> --
> _dm+
>
> +92-321-DANISH7http://digitalogics.wordpress.comwww.facebook.com/danish.mustafa
>
> Engineer - IT Network Infrastructure and Security
> Augere Pakistan
>
> Ted Turner <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/ted_turner.html>  -

Faisal Naik

Aug 3, 2009, 4:13:41 AM8/3/09
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
Agreed to all the notions put forth by the TGP members, however there is one vital element that the Celco's miss here and that  is measuring the end user experience.

I understand fully that it is not an easy task. However there are tools available in the market which can help to some extent bridge the gap between the deployed network and user exp.

Service Management and service assurance should be look into more seriously by all operators.

Regards,

FN

Kashif Aziz

Aug 3, 2009, 5:13:39 AM8/3/09
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
@Danish: Won't it be better if they have announced it to frustrated cusotmers who try to call in for support, day in and out, and get "all lines busy" crap?

Cheers,

Kashif

www.apnijobs.com - Jobs in Pakistan and abroad

Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/apnijobs

Arsalan Ahmed

Aug 3, 2009, 6:57:52 AM8/3/09
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
outages and up-gradation are a part of any operation. The basic point for carrying out such activities should be to keep downtime window short and publicize the notice for such disruption in services. If mobilink would have just dropped a msg regarding this....than customer satisfaction could be achieved to some extend.

For any service provider, service related information flow to customer is very vital.

Badar Khushnood

Aug 4, 2009, 6:01:23 AM8/4/09
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
Mobilink is totally messed up (am trying to be polite here!) today; can't event dial a single call out as the network is busy and busy and busy... my location is Lahore Cantt.

How about other Mobilink users?

Regards,
-B

bmug...@gmail.com

Aug 4, 2009, 12:45:43 PM8/4/09
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
Badar there is a possibility that your PRL (tower list) has disordered.

Rakesh Kumar

Aug 6, 2009, 12:09:40 AM8/6/09

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 1:38 AM, _dm+ <danish....@gmail.com> wrote:
Mobilink is busy in upgrading its call center to Avaya Layer 3 IP Contact Center. This activity has been in progress since last couple of months. I am not taking their side, but such kind of behavior is usually observed in case of such large transitions from one technology to the other.

And thus it is acceptable for Moblink Customer Service center to be not responding to a user-set for more than 'reasonable' time?

Babar

Aug 10, 2009, 12:15:09 PM8/10/09
to Telecom Grid Pakistan
Badar and all,

I think this issue needs more exposure. I've posted it on my blog and
encourage others to do the same:
http://telecompk.net/2009/08/10/mobilink-helpline-delays-causes-concerns/

Babar