World Call Soft Launch - EVDO

Faraz Javed Awan

Aug 15, 2008, 3:28:28 AM8/15/08
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com

Dear All

FYI

--
Regards
Faraz Javed Awan || Assistant Manager Customer Operations || Worldcall Wireless Limited Pakistan || Mobile:+923333366961 || +92217060062
scan0009.JPG

Tariq Mufti

Aug 15, 2008, 4:20:45 AM8/15/08
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com

Any download limits? Cost?

Tariq Mufti

Rehan Allah Wala

Aug 15, 2008, 6:10:08 AM8/15/08
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
Salam Faraz,

I was promised a trial account, I hope i will get it soon

Rehan

Rehan Ahmed AllahWala
Msn/Yahoo/GoogleTalk/Email: Re...@Rehan.com
http://www.supertec.com/ - Internet Telephony Solutions
Http://www.DIDX.net - DID Number Market Place.
Don't Remember Me ? Visit http://www.Rehan.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."
By Gandhi.

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." - Gandhi

Faraz Javed Awan

Aug 15, 2008, 5:00:37 AM8/15/08
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
With no capping on downloads, below is the tariff

256 Kbps  1200/-
512 Kbps  1800/-
1    Mbps   2500/-
[All Shared Connections]

Device cost Rs. 4500/-

Device view can be checked on www.anydata.com , there u can check ADU-510A

Service is currently available in Karachi.

Rehan Allah Wala

Aug 15, 2008, 7:07:30 AM8/15/08
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
2500 unlimited 1mpbs

> Any download limits? Cost?
>
> Tariq Mufti

Rehan Allah Wala

Aug 15, 2008, 7:20:33 AM8/15/08
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
they told me that they will also give voice serivce on this soon also, and it M|AY NOT be
blocked by usage on their own network only

Which means they will give user names and passwords for the sip accounts.

Rehan

> With no capping on downloads, below is the tariff
>
> 256Kbps 1200/-
> 512 Kbps 1800/-

> 1Mbps 2500/-

> [All Shared Connections]
>
> Device cost Rs. 4500/-
>
> Device view can be checked on www.anydata.com , there u can check ADU-510A
>
> Service is currently available in Karachi.
>

> On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 9:20 AM, Tariq Mufti <tariq...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Any download limits? Cost?
>
> Tariq Mufti

Saad Ibrahim

Aug 15, 2008, 5:22:08 AM8/15/08
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
damn good tariff
hope the service is good and roaming is allowed
that shared thing makes me worried

Ashar

Aug 15, 2008, 4:30:04 AM8/15/08
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com, Tariq Mufti
On Friday 15 August 2008 02:20:45 Tariq Mufti wrote:
> Any download limits? Cost?
>

> Tariq Mufti

1Mbps Rs2500/- unlimited. url seems to be callwireless.com.pk
CPE: USB modem Rs5000/- , standalone with 4 ethernet ports and wifi Rs6000/-

More importantly they claim that they have nothing (no staff, no exec, no
network, no policies) to do with go4b and NEVER will.

:-)

Ashar

Faraz Javed Awan

Aug 15, 2008, 5:37:16 AM8/15/08
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
yes it is , the device cost will remain the same i.e. PK Rs. 4500/-

Saad Ibrahim

Aug 15, 2008, 5:37:18 AM8/15/08
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
maybe they don't want the bad reputation of go4b to effect this :)

Faraz Javed Awan

Aug 15, 2008, 5:46:34 AM8/15/08
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com

Roaming service is only within Karachi limits for the time being, very soon it will be coming for Lahore. Users can take their same device to Lahore and use it there as well.

:)

Tariq Mufti

Aug 15, 2008, 6:20:28 AM8/15/08
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com

How does one get a connection, Faraz? Is there a website one can take a look at?

Regards,

Tariq Mufti

TM Advisory Services

.....  Business Diagnostics,

       Remedies, and

       Opportunities

410 Broadway Ave E #374

Seattle, Washington 98102

Phone: +1(206) 973 8021

Fax: +1(206) 260 1419

tariq...@tmadvisoryservices.com

Faraz Javed Awan

Aug 15, 2008, 6:28:49 AM8/15/08
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com

One can get the connection from World Call Wireles Office located at Fayyaz Center Main Shahra e Faisal opposite to FTC building, on suite 202 and ask for me ill be available.

For the website it is down for upgrading new things on it, will be back on air pretty soon.

--
Regards
Faraz Javed Awan || Assistant Manager Customer Operations || Worldcall Wireless Limited Pakistan || Mobile:+923333366961 || +92217060062

Shahzad Alam

Aug 15, 2008, 6:46:47 AM8/15/08
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
Faraz, Can you please update about average round trip delay and frequency, i believe Worldcall is using 479MHz in Karachi?

Regards
Shahzad

Faraz Javed Awan

Aug 15, 2008, 7:23:18 AM8/15/08
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com

World Call is working 450Mhz , and ill update you about the avg round trip delay shortly

--
Regards
Faraz Javed Awan || Assistant Manager Customer Operations || Worldcall Wireless Limited Pakistan || Mobile:+923333366961 || +92217060062

Saad Ibrahim

Aug 15, 2008, 7:30:41 AM8/15/08
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
actually by roaming i meant can i use the internet on the go like we can use gprs withing the city
i got my answer but the problem is the modem you cant take it with in the car

Ahmad, Shakeel

Aug 15, 2008, 10:21:38 AM8/15/08
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
well, i used PTCL's PCMCIA card without any problem on road with around 60km/h speed in car. The only problem you'll face is a drop when you are out of a BTS and handedover to the other one.

Faraz Javed Awan

Aug 15, 2008, 11:41:22 PM8/15/08
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
there is no modem like CPE , its only a usb device like you say Kingston Data Traveller , it has modem builtin. you can check out the web site www.anydata.com there you can find ADU-510A to check how does it looks like

feel free to ask any queries .......

--
Regards
Faraz Javed Awan || Assistant Manager Customer Operations || Worldcall Wireless Limited Pakistan || Mobile:+923333366961 || +92217060062

Faraz Javed Awan

Aug 15, 2008, 11:45:27 PM8/15/08
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com

For your convenience , i am attaching one image of the device that we are offering.

--
Regards
Faraz Javed Awan || Assistant Manager Customer Operations || Worldcall Wireless Limited Pakistan || Mobile:+923333366961 || +92217060062

ADU-510A.gif

Faraz Javed Awan

Aug 15, 2008, 11:53:01 PM8/15/08
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com

Wireless Router also available for corporate solution, image is attached.

253 wireless connections can be connected with this device..... Wifi and WAN options are available along with 4 LAN connections

Wireless EVDO.jpg

Ashar

Aug 16, 2008, 4:22:16 AM8/16/08
On Friday 15 August 2008 21:45:27 Faraz Javed Awan wrote:
> For your convenience , i am attaching one image of the device that we are
> offering.

Does this come with a Linux driver or is it just MS Windows?

Ashar

Sameer Bokhari

Aug 16, 2008, 5:51:01 AM8/16/08
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
there is either ADU 510D or 520A on the website, cant find 510A can you please send the complete link?

Junaid

Aug 21, 2008, 4:15:21 PM8/21/08
to Telecom Grid Pakistan
Ashar,

It comes with a cd that has windows and mac drivers. I'll check it out
on linux and let you know. I think it should mount as a generic modem.

Regards,
Junaid

Junaid

Aug 21, 2008, 4:16:04 PM8/21/08
to Telecom Grid Pakistan
Sameer,

It's 510A , and it's not on the website.

Regards,
Junaid