Pakistan Cellular Market - July 2007

1 view

Uzair Ahmed

Sep 7, 2007, 8:43:41 AM9/7/07
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

There are three graphs shows Pakistan Cellular Sales of July, Total Subscriber base till July and Market share. Amazingly there is sharp decline in Warid Sales. Last month Warid sold 344,904 connections but this month they just sold 72,538. Do somebody know the reason?

Uzair

Cellular Sales Graph - July 2007.bmp
Total Subscriber Base - July 2007.bmp
Market Share - July 2007.bmp

AD

Sep 8, 2007, 12:15:06 PM9/8/07
to Telecom Grid Pakistan
Dear Uzair,

What is the source of these stats/graphs? PTA?
Also, Telenor's subs (@11m) is shown more than Warid's subs (@10m);
whereas, on the press release of SingTel's deal, Warid's CEO reported
their subs base @ 11m and reportedly more than Telenor's.
Anyway, so Telenor has more market share than Warid then, which makes
sense.

As for sales, I'm happy to see my brand's increased figures; and
didn't get the -ve no. of Paktel, could someone educate me on '-ve'
sales please.

Surprisingly, Ufone's sales is shown more than Mobilink's. Perhaps
they need to telecast all their Shaan & Vinnie ad episodes again! :)

- AD

> Cellular Sales Graph - July 2007.bmp
> 281KDownload
>
> Total Subscriber Base - July 2007.bmp
> 281KDownload
>
> Market Share - July 2007.bmp
> 128KDownload

Muhammed Nasrullah

Sep 9, 2007, 8:09:54 AM9/9/07
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
-ve could be monthly number of subs leaving the operator either by
contract termination or mnp

Uzair Ahmed

Sep 9, 2007, 10:22:47 AM9/9/07
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
The source is PTA. PTA just published the July 2007 total number of
subscriber add in Pakistan Cellular Industry.
Uzair

Shaheer Khan

Sep 9, 2007, 1:24:28 PM9/9/07
to Telecom Grid Pakistan
Uzair and everyone else: try saving pictures/images in JPG rather than
BMP - they take up much less space, and time to upload or download. :)