Fwd: Wateen Telecom IPO - An Opportunity for Investment

Tee Emm

Apr 19, 2010, 3:25:31 AM4/19/10
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
FYI.

P.S: No, this email is not from Maryam Abacha of Nigeria :)

Apr 19, 2010, 3:34:32 AM4/19/10
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
"Analyst Reports who have concluded the share price to be in the range
of Rs.15 to Rs.22"

Trading is starting at Rs. 10.00 and as per my information that it
touched high Rs 13.90 and a low of Rs 11.30 to register closing at Rs
11.39 per share.

Closing value doesn't seem to be a satisfying enogh for someone to
invest in these shares.

regards,
Obaid-

Sheikh Usman N.

Apr 19, 2010, 3:47:01 AM4/19/10
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I went through the docs that they've put on wateen.com/ipo and they just look so optimistic. There're two things which really turned me off in the estimations and projections. They are forecasting their revenue to increase by 80+% in 2011, which is very very aggressive, if not rubbish. They're not forecasting anywhere less than 20-30% revenue growth for next 5 years, and after 5 years they say their revenue will be 118 billion.

Second thing, Wateen says it needs to pay off its debt + buy the remaining 49% shares of Wateen Solutions from Mr. Jehangir Ahmed. As per my information, Jehangir resigned from Wateen in December as GM Solutions and is now running his company called NETS International. There's a rumour in Wateen that Tariq Malik is also a shareholder in NETS International. Anyway, Jehangir has positioned NETS International to compete with Wateen Solutions, if you look at their website, they've a much better profile than Wateen Solutions. Wateen Solutions' big client was Zain Telecom, which has been bought out by Bharti, therefore no more work for Wateen Solutions from there too..

Wateen is very optimistic about its Solutions division, but looking at all this thing, there's no good reason they should be optimistic.

I think they're not very open in all their forecasting.

Best Regards,
Usman.

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 12:25 PM, Tee Emm <tariq....@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Sheikh Usman N.

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight with you, then you win"
-Gandhi

http://sms-wisdom.blogspot.com/

Ahmed Afzal

Apr 19, 2010, 4:01:29 AM4/19/10
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
Is National Engineers (Wateen Solutions) really worth this much. Any idea of their current business portfolio.

Best regards,

Ahmed

Sheikh Usman N.

Apr 19, 2010, 4:05:27 AM4/19/10
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
First thing is that those analysts are earning brokerage commission - so for them anything is good as long as IPO is successful. Second thing is what they're showing, the story they are wanting everyone to believe, it just doesn't make sense.

Ammar Faheem

Apr 19, 2010, 4:09:23 AM4/19/10
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
As per Wateen's own presentation and forecasts, they expect an earning per share (EPS) of Rs. - 2.7 in the first year and finally a positive earning per share of Rs. 1.7 in 2011. So you can make out the decision from there.

If you're planning to invest long term and have no problem in having waiting for a couple of years to cash-in on the profits, go ahead!

--
Best Regards
Ammar Faheem

Sheikh Usman N.

Qasim Y. Khan

Apr 19, 2010, 5:55:36 AM4/19/10
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
The same was said by more than 8 KSE Members 3 weeks back, this launch is a hype to payoff a home created for double the price.

Jamal Shamsi

Apr 19, 2010, 5:53:09 AM4/19/10
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com

2 cents ...

after IPO, it will remain under Rs. 10.00

All else is FALSE projection,

JS

Adnan Quddus Malik

Apr 19, 2010, 6:30:56 AM4/19/10
to Telecom Grid Pakistan
Does anyone has ideas about following claims;

• As an example, when you make a phone call from your mobile phone or
are using an ATM to withdraw cash or using the Internet from anywhere
in Pakistan, it is highly likely you are using the Wateen network.
• Because all mobile phone companies use the Wateen network and so do
27 of the 35 commercial banks in Pakistan,
• Likewise everyday 65% of the broadband wireless internet users in
the country log on to Wateen’s network.
• Wateen occupies a market share in excess of 60% in the satellite
business, 65% share of the wireless broadband market i.e. 35% of the
overall broadband market.
• Wateen is the only telecom company in the country offering Telecom-
IT Systems Integration services including Hosted Data Centre Services
and Hosted Contact Centre services.
• And so on…………..

On Apr 19, 2:53 pm, "Jamal Shamsi" <jamal.sha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2 cents ...
>
> after IPO, it will remain under Rs. 10.00
>
> All else is FALSE projection,
>
> JS

Muhammed Nasrullah

Apr 19, 2010, 8:02:57 AM4/19/10
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
Going public to pay off debt is a really bad idea. I wouldn't touch their stock with a 10 foot pole!

WS
-Nash

Atti ur Rehman

Apr 19, 2010, 8:23:01 AM4/19/10
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
the healthy signs list goes on ...

a definite advantage but from an anlayst perpective, decisions are to be based on by also looking at some factors that include the following;

If the corporate governance of a company is shady?
The company rating goes down not because it has a comparative advantage, but because the quality of projections becomes suspect.

Are the systems of the organization functioning well?
We have heard that the internal billing issues still not gotten resolved even after many years of operations. Rightsizing or downsizing (whatevery u want to call it is as per my knowledge still underway). major business units are still struggling not becuase of competition but probably because of market potential or product utility?

Need for goin IPO?
Funds are required for expansion. The cheapest source is internal. projected market share surely is strong to ensure funds are available. if not? lets put a question mark and move with the other source. Debt. are the banks willing to give loans? no? now is the problem. why are loans not being given to a particular company? one reason could be that they are overly leveraged, so IPO makes sense but then, one needs to look at the type of the issue (benefits & conditionalities)

Comparison with industry is important (difficult to do)
One of the gentlemen in the thread very rightly mentioned that the projections are too good to be true. When the same is true, manipulation might be a possibility.

making a decision is though difficult but one feels that it will not go beyond Re. 10
Disclaimer: No information shared above is based on insightful research on the industry or the company under review.
Rgds
--
___
atti

Ammar Faheem

Apr 19, 2010, 11:36:41 AM4/19/10
to telecom-gr...@googlegroups.com
I'd agree to Jamal Shamsi's two cents... it will hover under Rs. 10 for a pretty long period of time. Not doubting the strength of the company in the next few years may be, but the next couple of years, i dont see any profits...
--
Best Regards
Ammar Faheem