debian packages

alias

May 28, 2010, 1:55:24 AM5/28/10
to Tegaki Handwriting Recognition Project
Hello,
I have a problem using "tegaki-recognize", but I am not sure if the
problem is with python or tegaki.
starting "tegaki-recognize", after drawing a stroke the program
crashed with "Illegal instruction".

I am using Debian sid

installed packages:
ii python-tegaki
0.3.1-1 core Python module of Tegaki
ii python-tegaki-gtk
0.3.1-1 GTK+ widget Python model for Tegaki
ii python-tegakitools
0.3.1-1 command-line tools for Tegaki
ii tegaki-recognize
0.3.1.2-1 handwriting recognition application
ii tegaki-train
0.3.1-1 train tegaki with your own handwriting
ii tegaki-zinnia-japanese
0.3-1 Japanese handwriting model for Zinnia

installed python-packages

ii libpython2.6
2.6.5-2 Shared Python runtime library (version
2.6)
ii python
2.5.4-9 An interactive high-level object-
oriented la
ii python-apt
0.7.95 Python interface to libapt-pkg
ii python-cairo
1.8.8-1+b1 Python bindings for the Cairo vector
graphic
ii python-central
0.6.16 register and build utility for Python
packag
ii python-dbus
0.83.1-1 simple interprocess messaging system
(Python
ii python-debian
0.1.16 Python modules to work with Debian-
related d
ii python-dev
2.5.4-9 Header files and a static library for
Python
ii python-gconf
2.28.1-1 Python bindings for the GConf
configuration
ii python-glade2
2.17.0-2 GTK+ bindings: Glade support
ii python-gnome2
2.28.1-1 Python bindings for the GNOME desktop
enviro
ii python-gobject
2.21.1-1 Python bindings for the GObject library
ii python-gobject-dev
2.21.1-1 Development headers for the GObject
Python b
ii python-gtk2
2.17.0-2 Python bindings for the GTK+ widget set
ii python-gtk2-dev
2.17.0-2 GTK+ bindings: devel files
ii python-gtk2-doc
2.17.0-2 Python bindings for the GTK+ widget set
- do
ii python-gtksourceview2
2.10.1-1 Python bindings for the GtkSourceView
widget
ii python-ibus
1.3.3-1 New input method framework using dbus
ii python-libxml2
2.7.7.dfsg-2 Python bindings for the GNOME XML
library
ii python-minimal
2.5.4-9 A minimal subset of the Python language
(def
ii python-notify
0.1.1-2+b2 Python bindings for libnotify
ii python-numpy
1:1.3.0-3+b1 Numerical Python adds a fast array
facility
ii python-protobuf
2.3.0-2 Python bindings for protocol buffers
ii python-pyorbit
2.24.0-6 A Python language binding for the
ORBit2 COR
ii python-qt4
4.7.3-1 Python bindings for Qt4
ii python-reportbug
4.12.2 Python modules for interacting with bug
trac
ii python-sip
4.10.2-1 Python/C++ bindings generator runtime
librar
ii python-support
1.0.8 automated rebuilding support for Python
modu
ii python-tegaki
0.3.1-1 core Python module of Tegaki
ii python-tegaki-gtk
0.3.1-1 GTK+ widget Python model for Tegaki
ii python-tegakitools
0.3.1-1 command-line tools for Tegaki
ii python-uno
1:3.2.0-10 Python-UNO bridge
ii python-xapian
1.0.20-1 Xapian search engine interface for
Python
ii python-xdg
0.19-1 Python library to access
freedesktop.org sta
ii python-zinnia
0.05-1+b1 Python binding for the zinnia library
ii python2.5
2.5.5-6 An interactive high-level object-
oriented la
ii python2.5-dev
2.5.5-6 Header files and a static library for
Python
ii python2.5-minimal
2.5.5-6 A minimal subset of the Python language
(ver
ii python2.6
2.6.5-2 An interactive high-level object-
oriented la
ii python2.6-minimal
2.6.5-2 A minimal subset of the Python language
(ver

Regards
Alias

Mathieu Blondel

May 28, 2010, 2:28:10 AM5/28/10
to tegak...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 2:55 PM, alias <c13...@owlpic.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a problem using "tegaki-recognize", but I am not sure if the
> problem is with python or tegaki.
> starting "tegaki-recognize", after drawing a stroke the program
> crashed with "Illegal instruction".

Can you run tegaki-recognize from a shell, and copy/paste the ouput
here? It'd probably be best to report a bug in Debian's bug tracker.

Mathieu

alias

May 28, 2010, 2:39:40 AM5/28/10
to Tegaki Handwriting Recognition Project
The output is only "Illegal instruction", nothing else. It happens
after releasing the mousebutton when finishing the first stroke.
After experimenting with different combinations of the packages it
looks like the error occurs as soon
"tegaki-zinnia-japanese" is installed.

alias

May 28, 2010, 2:47:32 AM5/28/10
to Tegaki Handwriting Recognition Project
tegaki-train crashed when doing this:

starting tegaki-train, click on "+ add", choosing "predifined set -
hiragana", adding sample for hiraga a, using "train" adding name and
short name, clicking "ok" it crashes with

"/usr/bin/tegaki-train:938: DeprecationWarning: use
gtk.Statusbar.remove_message
self._statusbar.remove(0, msgid)
Illegal instruction"

(this is the only output on shell)

Christoph Burgmer

May 28, 2010, 5:38:17 AM5/28/10
to alias, tegak...@googlegroups.com
Am Freitag, 28. Mai 2010 schrieb alias:
> tegaki-train crashed when doing this:
>
> starting tegaki-train, click on "+ add", choosing "predifined set -
> hiragana", adding sample for hiraga a, using "train" adding name and
> short name, clicking "ok" it crashes with

I cannot reproduce these messages, neither for tegaki-recognize nor tegaki-
train. I'm also running Debian sid (though currently not fully updated):

Versions of packages tegaki-recognize depends on:

ii python 2.5.4-9 An interactive high-level object-

ii python-gtk2 2.17.0-2 Python bindings for the GTK+
widge

ii python-tegaki-gtk 0.3.1-1 GTK+ widget Python model for
Tegak

tegaki-recognize recommends no packages.

Versions of packages tegaki-recognize suggests:

ii tegaki-zinnia-japanese 0.3-1 Japanese handwriting model for
Zin

ii tegaki-zinnia-simplified-chin 0.3-1 Simplified Chinese handwriting mod

$ aptitude search tegaki
p ibus-tegaki - tegaki engine for IBus
i python-tegaki - core Python module of Tegaki
i python-tegaki-gtk - GTK+ widget Python model for Tegaki
i python-tegakitools - command-line tools for Tegaki
p scim-tegaki - Tegaki input method for SCIM
i tegaki-recognize - handwriting recognition application
i tegaki-train - train tegaki with your own handwriting
i tegaki-zinnia-japanese - Japanese handwriting model for Zinnia
i tegaki-zinnia-simplified-chines - Simplified Chinese handwriting model for Z
i tegaki-zinnia-traditional-chine - Traditional Chinese handwriting model
for

alias

May 29, 2010, 12:06:52 PM5/29/10
to Tegaki Handwriting Recognition Project
I used another (in this case only virtual) machine to test.
Used Debian stable, added sid to the sources list and let it install
tegaki and dependecies.
So now the machine is a mix of stable and sid - compared to the other
which is only sid.
Having the same problems (like crashing when tegaki-zinnia-japanese is
installed).
Using 32bit systems just in case it matters.

Christoph Burgmer

May 29, 2010, 12:44:54 PM5/29/10
to alias, tegak...@googlegroups.com
Even after updating to latest unstable I cannot reproduce.
I advise you do open a bug with Debian ($ reportbug tegaki-recognize). Link to
this discussion and lets hope that the developer can ask the right questions
so we can nail down this issue.

-Christoph