Rich Internet Applications - Topics of Interest - 27th nov

Dipen

Nov 15, 2010, 3:41:36 AM11/15/10
to techw...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

 Lets use this thread to list topics of interest for the RIA techmeet scheduled for 27th nov, things I would like to hear about:

1> HTML5 - Canvas, Video/Audio, Drag and Drop, Web Workers, Websockets, File API
2> CSS3 - Font Face, Shadow et al ( maybe 20-25 min session )
3> SVG Maybe?

I will add more later, go ahead and add what you would wanna hear.

----------------------------------
Dipen Chaudhary
Founder, QED42 : We build beautiful and scalable web strategies ( www.qed42.com )
Blog: dipenchaudhary.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/dipench

Kapil

Nov 15, 2010, 3:48:05 AM11/15/10
to techweekend
Hi,
I am not sure if this is good idea for such a short duration but how
about including Javascript in the list? I mean web workers is already
there but discussing design patterns, libraries ( maybe dissecting the
source). Something on the lines of that would be great.

______________________

Kapil
Twitter: @kapilreddy

Dipen

Nov 15, 2010, 3:51:44 AM11/15/10
to techw...@googlegroups.com
Kapil,

 I think Javascript in itself on the lines suggested by you would require multiple techweekends to cover, specially design patterns etc. I would rather want JS to get special coverage in coming techweekends.

Can you elaborate more on what could be included from JS side into the techweekend ( File API, drag and drop, web workers etc all would be using JS, in fact no html5 element in itself is very useful without JS)

----------------------------------
Dipen Chaudhary
Founder, QED42 : We build beautiful and scalable web strategies ( www.qed42.com )
Blog: dipenchaudhary.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/dipench

Kapil

Nov 15, 2010, 3:57:27 AM11/15/10
to techweekend
Dipen,
Yup i totally agree. I thought not too many people are interested in
JS so just to get started with some introduction and later on see if
we can expand it in more sessions. Yes HTML5 is relying on JS though
its supposed to be native for fallback on older browsers it does rely
on JS and also for practical useful even if a browser supports html5
elements its not much of a use without JS. Though what I wanted to
explore and discuss was use of more organised code in JS as use of JS
becoming more and more important maintaining and expanding it become
as much important as well.

______________________

Kapil
Twitter: @kapilreddy

On Nov 15, 1:51 pm, Dipen <dipe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Kapil,
>
>  I think Javascript in itself on the lines suggested by you would require
> multiple techweekends to cover, specially design patterns etc. I would
> rather want JS to get special coverage in coming techweekends.
>
> Can you elaborate more on what could be included from JS side into the
> techweekend ( File API, drag and drop, web workers etc all would be using
> JS, in fact no html5 element in itself is very useful without JS)
>
> ----------------------------------
> Dipen Chaudhary

Dipen

Nov 15, 2010, 4:01:43 AM11/15/10
to techw...@googlegroups.com
Writing Robust, Efficient and maintainable JS code could be covered in other techweekends. I think it would be safe to assume that incoming audience would have required JS experience to run through any HTML5 code or demo.

Cheers

----------------------------------
Dipen Chaudhary
Founder, QED42 : We build beautiful and scalable web strategies ( www.qed42.com )

Kapil

Nov 15, 2010, 4:06:32 AM11/15/10
to techweekend
Yeah that way we can devote more time to future session to JS. I think
we missed out on webgl though its not actually a part HTML5 standards
but its something worth a look.

______________________

Kapil
Twitter: @kapilreddy

On Nov 15, 2:01 pm, Dipen <dipe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Writing Robust, Efficient and maintainable JS code could be covered in other
> techweekends. I think it would be safe to assume that incoming audience
> would have required JS experience to run through any HTML5 code or demo.
>
> Cheers
> ----------------------------------
> Dipen Chaudhary

Dipen

Nov 15, 2010, 4:09:07 AM11/15/10
to techw...@googlegroups.com
Its alright if its not part of html5. Suggest it, if you or someone you know willing to speak on it and even otherwise :)

Dipen Chaudhary
Founder, QED42 : We build beautiful and scalable web strategies ( www.qed42.com )

Kapil

Nov 15, 2010, 4:17:41 AM11/15/10