Final #Glasgow Techmeetup of 2012 - Next Wed. 6.30 - Talks on #Bitcoin & #Interpolation

Ijonas Kisselbach

Nov 21, 2012, 2:53:02 PM11/21/12
to Tech Meetup

TechMeetup Glasgow is back for final event in 2012 on the 5th Floor of the School of Computing on 28 November from 6.30pm - thats' next Wednesday.

That's right folks… its been a fantastic year of Glasgow Techmeetups. We've had great fun organising it all and are looking forward to 2013. We hope you've enjoyed it too.

Our two final talks of the year are as follows:

BitcoinMath Campbell

An overview of Bitcoin, the decentralised digital currency.  We will (briefly) look at how bitcoin works, the cryptography behind it, where it is potentially heading, and explore some of the possible social & economic consequences of its widespread adoption.

Educated Guesses: Applying InterpolationAlistair Clark

Interpolation refers to the construction of new data based on an existing set of known data. This presentation will include an overview of its applications in contemporary computing in addition to a live action demo of the mighty interpolation search. Excited yet?

There'll be beer and pizza as usual and plenty of time before, between, and after the talks to catch up on the latest tech news & gossip. As ever, the event is free and no sign-up is necessary.

TechMeetup is made possible by the amazing financial support from the University of Glasgow, NewContext, ScottLogic, SkyScanner and small donations from community members. Thank you all.

See you on the 28th of November, 2012 at 6.30pm.

5th Floor

School of Computing

18 Lilybank Gardens

G12 8QQ

by Hillhead Underground

Glasgow Westend

Here's a Google Map to the venue.

For queries email Ijonas Kisselbach (ijonas.k...@gmail.com)

Morna Simpson

Nov 24, 2012, 11:30:53 AM11/24/12
to Tech Meetup
Informal Girl Geek Scotland meet on
18th Dec
At 6pm
The mulled wine stand in the German Market
Edinburgh

Everyone welcome! Please spread the word : )