Weird issue with gmail on pfsense

Arnold Santos

Dec 9, 2014, 4:07:39 PM12/9/14
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys,

I have this weird issue with Google Mail in pfsense on authenticated proxy, it will comes up occassionaly as being not able to work (service not available), but the rest of Google Apps like Drive, Calendar, etc. users are able to use. Tried restarting the service squid and squidguard but it seems no luck, I end up restarting the whole pfsense and it will be back normally. Any ideas who I can resolve the issue with rebooting?

Regards,

Arnold

Andrew Godfrey

Dec 9, 2014, 4:20:52 PM12/9/14
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
What's the state of your state table when this happens? Maybe it is filling up and rebooting clears out the state table before it fills up again.

Arnold Santos

Dec 9, 2014, 4:37:27 PM12/9/14
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
I have pretty good size for the states connection. At the moment it's only 8% at of 202000. I've noticed the CPU usage is firing up to 90-95% occasionally but remain stable at 55-68%, memory is stage at 31%, no swap disk usage 7%. Will resetting the states gonna affect other services?

Regards,
--
Arnold B. Santos
ICT Systems Administrator

Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.8
Apple Certified Support Professional
10.8

This email may contain confidential information intended for the recipient. If you receive this email in error please contact me.