Point Of View Technologies

alexanderhayes

Jan 30, 2009, 7:19:19 AM1/30/09
to Teach and Learn Online
It seems strange typing into this stark page with months passing since
I've really had ( or given ) TALO some mind thought.

In fact TALO has become for me a memory of collegiality, a reckoning
time and above all a damn good laugh at times.

For the last few months I've been heating the planet up flying
backwards and forwards from Darwin, Perth, Adelaide and Brisbane
investing huge chunks of time in what I consider is a very worthwhile
and open process to a sustainable income of sorts ( labour of love
fast shifting .....)

A few of you will know that a number of years ago I met Geoff Lubich
whilst I was a Western Australian of sorts and during that time 4
years ago he presented me with this absurd idea that wearable resource
development and ultimately live on demand accreditation and training
with a mobile flavour would be at the forefront of things in years to
come. Well the years to come have passed and a few iterations of some
ostensibly flaky POV technology have passed through the VET ranks and
then...bang.....about a year ago I saw Sue Waters playing around with
some POV in aquaculture and then say Peter Higgs doing some things and
then befiore long I started noticing kits appearing all over the place
and then the ELMO gear turned up in Illawarra Institute and so on.

Long and short of it is that I consider point-of-view technologies
that have a web interface as well as a mobile learning re-usable user-
generated form to be at where it;s at for me......I find the concepts
of seeing things from the perspective of the doer far more inetersting
from that of the passive recipient.....and that from an educational
perspective if I can hook a mobile IP enabled POV camera to a small
subset of easily available connected technologies that are web enabled
then ANY environment and task oriented context becomes a re-usable and
re-playable learning resource.

I could be working my way up to a shameless plug here for the
commercial interst I have in such an interrogation and ultimate flow
through of short, sharp, live and real training resources but I'll
hold back enough to say that EDUPOV has invested in bringing leigh to
Australia to speak with a whole range of people who are immersed in
the technology and hopefully he will give everyone enough critical
stick and some deep thought into where POV could head and where you
might fit into the picture.

Have a read of this - http://www.edupov.com/2009/01/edupov-leigh-blackall/

Poke around in there.

Would love some feedback - even if it's just a little static or some
amazingly ego-centred swipe at our efforts to build something from
what you do best with your hands anyways.

:)

Steven Parker

Jan 30, 2009, 7:27:48 AM1/30/09
to teachAndL...@googlegroups.com

alexanderhayes

Jan 30, 2009, 8:40:36 AM1/30/09
to Teach and Learn Online
Draft flier here - http://flickr.com/photos/mobology/3239037032/sizes/l/

On Jan 30, 11:27 pm, Steven Parker <sparke...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Brilliant!
>
> http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=3C9CH3q9PLI
>
> On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 11:19 PM, alexanderhayes <
>
> > Have a read of this -http://www.edupov.com/2009/01/edupov-leigh-blackall/

alexanderhayes

Jan 30, 2009, 8:42:57 AM1/30/09
to Teach and Learn Online
Another first for Dot - http://blip.tv/file/1719475

On Jan 30, 11:27 pm, Steven Parker <sparke...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Brilliant!
>
> http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=3C9CH3q9PLI
>
> On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 11:19 PM, alexanderhayes <
>
> > Have a read of this -http://www.edupov.com/2009/01/edupov-leigh-blackall/

Derek Chirnside

Feb 15, 2009, 7:57:31 AM2/15/09
to teachAndL...@googlegroups.com
Feedback?
Had a poke.  There is no clear definition of POV technologies, I had to do a little guesswork, but it looks cool, may the shop sell lots of stuff.
I still remember the day in 2005 heading down to a cafe to get someone linked up with the mentor for an apprenticeship.  To see the mentor pull a 3 inch binder of reading out of her bag was just plain depressing.  Sheesh!!  The kid just wanted to get out there and do it.  Maybe if there had been some element of m-learning, POV stuff things could have worked out.
Go well.