facilitating online on wikiversity

Bronwyn Hegarty

Nov 9, 2006, 3:46:25 PM11/9/06
to teachAndL...@googlegroups.com
Hi all
Leigh and I have started building a new course on Wikiversity - Facilitating Online. If anyone has any spare time it would be great to have your energy in there. We envisage starting with material suitable for the novice facilitator to help them relate the information and ideas to their own situations. Then move into the advanced stuff such as facilitating and communicating in communities, discussion lists, games, second life, with robots etc.
I like Gilly Salmon's model and Cornelius and Higgison (online tutoring), Hannan's 147 practical tips and the four pairs of shoes idea ( Ed Hootstein).
see you in there. :))
Bron

Leigh Blackall

Nov 9, 2006, 4:18:55 PM11/9/06
to teachAndL...@googlegroups.com
Specifically, does anyone have any links to audio, video and graphically enhanced content relating to the idea of facilitating online?

On 11/10/06, Bronwyn Hegarty <bronwyn...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all
Leigh and I have started building a new course on Wikiversity - Facilitating Online . If anyone has any spare time it would be great to have your energy in there. We envisage starting with material suitable for the novice facilitator to help them relate the information and ideas to their own situations. Then move into the advanced stuff such as facilitating and communicating in communities, discussion lists, games, second life, with robots etc.
I like Gilly Salmon's model and Cornelius and Higgison (online tutoring), Hannan's 147 practical tips and the four pairs of shoes idea ( Ed Hootstein).
see you in there. :))
Bron

Leigh Blackall
+64(0)21736539
skype - leigh_blackall
http://leighblackall.wikispaces.org/

rgrozdanic

Nov 12, 2006, 9:05:31 PM11/12/06
to teachAndL...@googlegroups.com
Bronwyn there's a whole bunch of resources on the legacy AFLC site that you're welcome to use - essentially the site is a cobbled together collection of all the stuff that was developed, created, contributed etc during its lifespan. A bit dated perhaps, but some stuff is still relevant. You can either browse the General Teaching and Learning section or perhaps look at the following specific articles as a start:

Feel free to chop, mash, pepper and serve whatever you want as long as you attribute the author (of specific resources) and site (in general) for whatever you use. Same goes for all content in the collection.

cheers

Val Evans

Nov 14, 2006, 4:34:01 AM11/14/06
to Teach and Learn Online
Hi Bron - a few years ago I managed the development of a fantastic
course for online facilitators - in fact, it was a course without
content and was built around the key skills and competencies required
by an online facilitator (informed by research - not sure if I still
have the link but I will look for it and visit your wiki) and was based
on a constructivist philosophy. The key to its success was the
modelling of facilitation by a diverse team of online facilitators and
it used a variety of activities to engage participants in the
experience of learning online. The participants created the content
through the activities - absolutely fantastic and much richer than
anything we could have constructed for them.

It is still be offered through TAFE NSW Riverina Institute - Graduate
Certificate in Facilitating and Managing e-Learning (FAMe) and the cut
down version known as Introduction to Teaching Online (ItTO).

Certainly Gilly Salmon's model was part of it and Thiagi had a primary
influence on its development.

Barbara Dieu

Nov 14, 2006, 6:22:23 AM11/14/06
to teachAndL...@googlegroups.com
Hi Leigh and Bron,

Just text unfortunately, but you may find some inspiration here.
http://www.beewebhead.net/Evo05/extra.htm
Warm regards from Brazil,
Bee
--
Barbara Dieu
http://dekita.org

Bronwyn Hegarty

Nov 19, 2006, 4:22:22 AM11/19/06
to teachAndL...@googlegroups.com
thx Bee, Val and Rose.some good stuff here which I will take a gander at.
Bron