Link Between D.C. Tea Party March on 9/12 AND the GOP

Be Heard

Sep 4, 2009, 12:32:26 PM9/4/09
to Tea Party Patriots

Do you agree that it will destroy the effectiveness of the Tea Party?
Comments?
Is this true?
Read-on:

Link Between D.C. Tea Party March 9-12-09
and The GOP

I am sure that many people have heard of the proposed taxpayer march
on Washington D.C. scheduled for September 12, 2009. This march is
stated to be a continuance of the tea parties held all over America on
April 15th as well as keeping with the “grassroots” aspect. Is this
particular march really “grassroots”? I look at a few of the sponsors
of this march and conclude otherwise. The sites are http://912dc.org
and www.teapartyexpress.org. On their main pages they list a number of
sponsors for this march. Freedom Works Foundation, Our Country
Deserves Better PAC, Grassfire.org and ResistNet.com to name a few.
What ties do these organizations have that give me the idea this march
is not “grassroots”?
Freedom Works Foundation is chaired by Dick Armey, a lifelong
Republican, he served as Majority Leader for the U.S. House of
Representatives from 1995 until 2002. Steve Forbes, President and CEO
of Forbes Inc. is on the board of directors for Freedom Works and ran
for the Republican nominee for President in 1996 as well as 2000.
Freedom Works was behind the creation of a “fake grassroots” website
called Angryrenter.com that was started in response to “the Obama
housing bailout.” The reason it was called a “fake” grassroots
movement is that “the people behind Angryrenter.com are certainly not
renters.” - Michael M. Phillips http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121090164137297527.html?mod=hpp_us_pageone
Our Country Deserves Better PAC was formed to oppose Democratic
presidential candidate Barack Obama. The domain name was registered
on July 22, 2008 by Sal Russo of Russo Marsh and Rogers which is a
Republican party affiliated political public relations firm based in
Sacramento, California. The website is designed by Eusatrix whose
founder is Kelly S. Eustris who is described by Wikipedia as “an
American political consultant, Republican politician and conservative
activist.” As of September, 2008, Kelly has been a staff member of
Our Country Deserves Better PAC. He is listed as the “Political
Director and eCampaign Coordinator” on their site,
www.ourcountrydeservesbetter.com/about/boardandstaff.html Howard
Kaloogian is the chairman of Our Country Deserves Better PAC.
Kaloogian served as Assistant Republican Leader in the California
State Assembly during his six year term in office. In 2003 Kaloogian
started the “Recall Gray Davis Committee,” which helped recall
Governor Gray Davis of California. Kaloogian unsuccessfully ran as a
Republican in the primaries for U.S. Senate from California in 2004.
He also ran in the special election that was held April 11, 2006 for
the seat in congress vacated by Rep. Randy “Duke” Cunningham.
TeaPartyExpress.org also describes a lengthy bus tour across
America that will end in Washington D.C. on September 12th. On their
page under tour schedule, they make reference to the “Taxpayer March
on D.C. and a 'details' link next to it takes you to the 912dc.org
home page. TeaPartyExpress.org is funded by Our Country Deserves
Better PAC and the site was designed by Eusatrix. All donations made
to TeaPartyExpress.org go to Our Country Deserves Better PAC.
Grassfire.org, a non-profit 501 c4, was launched in the fall of
2000 by Steve Elliott. Sourcewatch.org states “Despite it's purported
“grassroots” nature, the public relations work for the organization is
being handled by Shirley and Banister Public Affairs, a highly
connected and long-established public relations firm. The President
of SBPA, Craig Shirley, was involved in the production of the infamous
Willie Horton advertisement in 1988.” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io9KMSSEZ0Y&feature=related.
Columnist Dimitri Vassilaros of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review received
a news release about a grassroots “petition to stop climate alarm-ism”
in 2008, he checked it out and found that “For an organization that
claims 'We are grassroots to the core,' Grassfire.org acts as if it is
hiding a lot of AstroTurf.”
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/opinion/columnists/vassilaros/s_566543.html
Grassfire.org is the parent of ResistNet.com, a social network site
designed for like minded individuals to come together who oppose
President Barack Obama's policy's.
Looking at the members of these organizations and researching a few
of the other sponsors I see a long line of well connected Republican
politicians and Republican political strategists. The tea parties
held all over the country on April 15, 2009 were “true” grassroots
movements. Moms and dads sick and tired of the direction that our
country has been heading, store owners, mechanics, factory workers,
bakers, tailors and others who have never given a speech or set up a
rally, took to the streets to protest the engorgement of the federal
government and it's haphazard spending. However the upcoming rally on
September 12, 2009 that will be held in Washington D.C. may have the
look of grassroots, but lift the skirt and you'll see a whole lot of
AstroTurf underneath.

Eric Schaefer
The National 9 12 Project

*Anyone who wishes to share this article with their local papers or
other media outlets may do so.*

Fritz

Sep 4, 2009, 12:40:44 PM9/4/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
Large numbers of people marching in the streets will be effective as long as
the cause is clear and the numbers large. That we associate with
like-minded orgs from time to time doesn't detract from our message as long
as we keep a degree or two of separation between TPP and others. It happens
that Freedom Works is aligned with a portion of our agenda. Why not
cooperate with them? Lesson: build the brand: build the numbers!
Fritz

Andrew Ian Dodge

Sep 4, 2009, 12:41:40 PM9/4/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
Will it destroy it... not necessarily, but the 9/12 march's sponsor corps are not the best way of convincing people that it has not been hijacked by Republicans. Some tea party organisations are just Republican fronts, while others are far more non-partisan. It has always been thus since the beginning.

Getting into bed with Republicans in such an obvious way has made it far harder for the tea party movement to be effective in left-controlled states. Then again those of us in New England have, at times (and many still do), felt no one gives a damn about us anyway. Even the Tea Party Express has blown us off completely, not even bothering to go where it all began Boston. (Conn. is not New England...)
--
9/12 March on DC merchandise...
http://god.spreadshirt.com/us/US/Shop/Index/index/page/1

Be Heard

Sep 4, 2009, 12:52:51 PM9/4/09
to Tea Party Patriots
Good thoughts..
I guess one main issue for me is.
Are any of the speakers or organizers being paid to attend or speak
like Move-on and the SEIU?
And it has been bugging me (even though I support him) when Senator
Tom McClintock speaks at the TPs here in CA.

Neither party represents us..So true. So we are Silent No More!
And lead our "leaders"!
Party-On!

Mike
> > andwww.teapartyexpress.org. On their main pages they list a number of
> > sponsors for this march.  Freedom Works Foundation, Our Country
> > Deserves Better PAC, Grassfire.org and ResistNet.com to name a few.
> > What ties do these organizations have that give me the idea this march
> > is not “grassroots”?
> >   Freedom Works Foundation is chaired by Dick Armey, a lifelong
> > Republican, he served as  Majority Leader for the U.S. House of
> > Representatives from 1995 until 2002.  Steve Forbes, President and CEO
> > of Forbes Inc. is on the board of directors for Freedom Works and ran
> > for the Republican nominee for President in 1996 as well as 2000.
> > Freedom Works was behind the creation of a “fake grassroots” website
> > called Angryrenter.com that was started in response to  “the Obama
> > housing bailout.”  The reason it was called a “fake” grassroots
> > movement is that “the people behind Angryrenter.com are certainly not
> > renters.” - Michael M. Phillips
> >http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121090164137297527.html?mod=hpp_us_pa...
> >http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/opinion/columnists/vas...

Jenny Beth Martin

Sep 4, 2009, 1:14:17 PM9/4/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
No one is being paid to speak. There may (or may not) be a few people whose travel expenses are being paid because they are grassroots speakers.

Some of the local Tea Parties may be sponsoring a few people to ride on a bus if the local tea party chooses to do so and has the funds.  Other than that, no, no one is being paid to attend, that I am aware of.

Have a great day!
Jenny Beth Martin
404-326-0936
Tea Party Patriots, National Coordinator (http://teapartypatriots.org)
Atlanta Tea Party, Co-Chairman (http://atlantateaparty.net)
Smart Girl Politics, Director of Congressional Outreach (http://smartgirlpolitics.org)
912 March on DC, National Co-Coordinator (http://912dc.org)
http://jenuinejen.com
http://twitter.com/JenuineJen

Josh Parker

Sep 4, 2009, 1:21:06 PM9/4/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
We REALLY need to stay non-partisan

Judy Holloway

Sep 4, 2009, 1:26:15 PM9/4/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
Hey, Jenny Beth,

Met Amy yesterday in Austin. What an incredible woman, and the heartbeat of Tea Party Patriots! We should all aspire to be half the person she is.

Have a great day!
--
Judy Holloway
Austin Tea Party Patriots

Websites :
teapartypatriots.org
texasteapartypatriots.org
http://havinganaustinteaparty.com
Email : having.anau...@gmail.com

Judy Holloway

Sep 4, 2009, 1:28:12 PM9/4/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
Is anyone being asked to find a sponsorship to speak?

Jenny Beth Martin

Sep 4, 2009, 1:28:29 PM9/4/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
Yes, Amy is an incredible person!  She loves this movement passionately and has worked tirelessly to keep the momentum going.  I am proud to know her!

Have a great day!
Jenny Beth Martin
404-326-0936
Tea Party Patriots, National Coordinator (http://teapartypatriots.org)
Atlanta Tea Party, Co-Chairman (http://atlantateaparty.net)
Smart Girl Politics, Director of Congressional Outreach (http://smartgirlpolitics.org)
912 March on DC, National Co-Coordinator (http://912dc.org)
http://jenuinejen.com
http://twitter.com/JenuineJen

Judy Holloway

Sep 4, 2009, 1:29:44 PM9/4/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
... and she says the same about you, Jenny Beth!

Brian Bertha

Sep 4, 2009, 1:36:24 PM9/4/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
The left learned long ago to just keep repeating their lies over and
over and never admit the truth. We have to get smarter.
Dont waste time responding and worrying about their BS. We need to (as
Sun Tzu said) fight on the high ground and never on poisoned ground.
So what if the Republicans originated some of these. Have they ever
contacted you? Have they ever paid or bused you. If they have I'd like
my check ASAP. On the other hand ACORN and SEIU get plenty of funding.
Some from us taxpayers. This is war the enemy of my enemy is my friend

Tina Kincaid

Sep 4, 2009, 1:39:44 PM9/4/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps I am just not very smart, but it seems to me that finding Democratic organization, sponsors to help with this "grassroots" movement is virtually impossible, and that it is the down to earth everyday hardworking dems who are involved in the T.E.A. Party movement right along with republicans, indedpendents, and other conservatives.  So it is any wonder that you can tie the Republicans to the movement?  Republican organizations are for the most part conservative in nature and would, of course be the ones to help support and promote all that is going on. How could it be otherwise?
Why can't we just leave the party names out of this and just be Americans that are fed up with the direction our elected leaders are taking us in.
I just don't understand why everything has to be so complicated. We just want our Constitution to be upheld, adhered to, supported, and defended against enemies from without and from within. And right now the enemy is right here within our precious Nation, that I want so very much to be set aright. I pray this constantly.
Tina Kincaid
http:/www.caverncitypatriots.com

Brian Bertha

Sep 4, 2009, 1:40:54 PM9/4/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
Andrew sometime I see your message I think of Colin Powel is that your
intent.
I'd like to see a strong Conservative(fiscal)/Libertarian direction but
I will support anyone who is against these COMMUNISTS
> and www.teapartyexpress.org <http://www.teapartyexpress.org>. On
> <http://www.ourcountrydeservesbetter.com/about/boardandstaff.html>
> Howard
> Kaloogian is the chairman of Our Country Deserves Better PAC.
> Kaloogian served as Assistant Republican Leader in the California
> State Assembly during his six year term in office. In 2003 Kaloogian
> started the “Recall Gray Davis Committee,” which helped recall
> Governor Gray Davis of California. Kaloogian unsuccessfully ran as a
> Republican in the primaries for U.S. Senate from California in 2004.
> He also ran in the special election that was held April 11, 2006 for
> the seat in congress vacated by Rep. Randy “Duke” Cunningham.
> TeaPartyExpress.org also describes a lengthy bus tour across
> America that will end in Washington D.C. on September 12th. On their
> page under tour schedule, they make reference to the “Taxpayer March
> on D.C. and a 'details' link next to it takes you to the 912dc.org
> <http://912dc.org>
> home page. TeaPartyExpress.org is funded by Our Country Deserves
> Better PAC and the site was designed by Eusatrix. All donations made
> to TeaPartyExpress.org go to Our Country Deserves Better PAC.
> Grassfire.org, a non-profit 501 c4, was launched in the fall of
> 2000 by Steve Elliott. Sourcewatch.org states “Despite it's purported
> “grassroots” nature, the public relations work for the organization is
> being handled by Shirley and Banister Public Affairs, a highly
> connected and long-established public relations firm. The President
> of SBPA, Craig Shirley, was involved in the production of the infamous
> Willie Horton advertisement in 1988.”
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io9KMSSEZ0Y&feature=related
> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io9KMSSEZ0Y&feature=related>.
> www.andrewiandodge.com <http://www.andrewiandodge.com>
> Twitter: @lagwolf

Debbie Dooley

Sep 4, 2009, 1:41:31 PM9/4/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com

 It ridiculous to think that if you are a conservative group or a Republican then you are not real grassroots.  That is  the tone of this article. It is crap. We are not being paid to support  these groups position on anything unlike the way Organzing for America pays people to help advance Obama Care.

Yes there may some Republican's associated with some of those groups,  but there are also Libertarians and Independents. Tell me this, when is the last time you heard a Democrat complaining about too much taxes and out of control government spending?  I have seen these same groups blast Republicans and expecially GWB.

I receive phone call after phone call from senior citizens and other that are upset about the direction of the country and especially the healthcare debate. People that love the idea that these groups actually organized this protest for the people to show what they think. These people have never became involved before . How is that not grassroots?

I am also getting real tired of hearing that we need to throw them all out and start over.  Face reality... It would take years to start over and we don't have that time. We need to elect good fiscal conservatives to office whether they be Republican, Democrat or any other party. The reality is there is no viable third party now. The Libertarians have a long way to go and I can tell you that some Libertarians actually alienate people with their attitudes that all elected officials are bad ...  That simply is not true..

Those groups are just information providers and urge the grassroots to take action.

Brian Bertha

Sep 4, 2009, 1:43:29 PM9/4/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
Is it going to bother you that Michelle Bachmann is speaking? I like her
a lot and she speaks her mind
or Jim DeMint so they are Republicans that seem to agree with us. Is
that bad??

Brian Bertha

Sep 4, 2009, 1:45:01 PM9/4/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
How about this Josh ? we are anti whatever the hell the current
administration really is
Josh Parker wrote:
> We REALLY need to stay non-partisan
>
> On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 11:32 AM, Be Heard <mike...@comcast.net
> <mailto:mike...@comcast.net>> wrote:
>

> Do you agree that it will destroy the effectiveness of the Tea Party?
> Comments?
> Is this true?
> Read-on:
>
> Link Between D.C. Tea Party March 9-12-09
> and The GOP
>
> I am sure that many people have heard of the proposed taxpayer march
> on Washington D.C. scheduled for September 12, 2009. This march is
> stated to be a continuance of the tea parties held all over America on
> April 15th as well as keeping with the “grassroots” aspect. Is this
> particular march really “grassroots”? I look at a few of the sponsors
> of this march and conclude otherwise. The sites are http://912dc.org
> and www.teapartyexpress.org <http://www.teapartyexpress.org>. On
> <http://www.ourcountrydeservesbetter.com/about/boardandstaff.html>
> Howard
> Kaloogian is the chairman of Our Country Deserves Better PAC.
> Kaloogian served as Assistant Republican Leader in the California
> State Assembly during his six year term in office. In 2003 Kaloogian
> started the “Recall Gray Davis Committee,” which helped recall
> Governor Gray Davis of California. Kaloogian unsuccessfully ran as a
> Republican in the primaries for U.S. Senate from California in 2004.
> He also ran in the special election that was held April 11, 2006 for
> the seat in congress vacated by Rep. Randy “Duke” Cunningham.
> TeaPartyExpress.org also describes a lengthy bus tour across
> America that will end in Washington D.C. on September 12th. On their
> page under tour schedule, they make reference to the “Taxpayer March
> on D.C. and a 'details' link next to it takes you to the 912dc.org
> <http://912dc.org>
> home page. TeaPartyExpress.org is funded by Our Country Deserves
> Better PAC and the site was designed by Eusatrix. All donations made
> to TeaPartyExpress.org go to Our Country Deserves Better PAC.
> Grassfire.org, a non-profit 501 c4, was launched in the fall of
> 2000 by Steve Elliott. Sourcewatch.org states “Despite it's purported
> “grassroots” nature, the public relations work for the organization is
> being handled by Shirley and Banister Public Affairs, a highly
> connected and long-established public relations firm. The President
> of SBPA, Craig Shirley, was involved in the production of the infamous
> Willie Horton advertisement in 1988.”
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io9KMSSEZ0Y&feature=related
> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io9KMSSEZ0Y&feature=related>.

Greg Scandlen

Sep 4, 2009, 1:53:14 PM9/4/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com

True, but you can’t ban any one who is or ever has been a member of the Republican (or any other) party.

Greg Scandlen

and www.teapartyexpress.org <http://www.teapartyexpress.org> . On their main pages they list a number of

on D.C. and a 'details' link next to it takes you to the 912dc.org <http://912dc.org>
home page.  TeaPartyExpress.org is funded by Our Country Deserves
Better PAC and the site was designed by Eusatrix.  All donations made
to TeaPartyExpress.org go to Our Country Deserves Better PAC.
   Grassfire.org, a non-profit 501 c4, was launched in the fall of
2000 by Steve Elliott.  Sourcewatch.org states “Despite it's purported
“grassroots” nature, the public relations work for the organization is
being handled by Shirley and Banister Public Affairs, a highly
connected and long-established public relations firm.  The President
of SBPA, Craig Shirley, was involved in the production of the infamous

Debbie Dooley

Sep 4, 2009, 1:53:38 PM9/4/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
No.

Don't you see what is going on? The left feels really threatened by our movement that they are trying the old divide and conquer strategy to stop us...

Debbie Dooley
Southeast Regional Coordinator
Tea Party Patriots

Debbie Dooley

Sep 4, 2009, 1:55:20 PM9/4/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
Let me ask this question and answer it honestly. Just how many people do you think would show up at our tea parties if we banned all Republicans?

Sep 4, 2009, 1:56:35 PM9/4/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
Good one Debbie!!!

Andrew Ian Dodge

Sep 4, 2009, 1:57:25 PM9/4/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
JBM: Make sure its widely known no one is being paid.

Andrew Ian Dodge

Sep 4, 2009, 1:59:56 PM9/4/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
Depends on what state you are in first of all. No one is saying that anyone should be banned (ie registered Republicans are welcome as are people from any other party) however letting Republicans run things or speak (ie sitting politicians) is a mistake. A sitting Republican got up at ours to speak and was roundly booed. The amount of registered Republicans at my event on the 15th was very small.

Jan birch

Sep 4, 2009, 2:10:56 PM9/4/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
I agree. And Mr. Eric can say, write, post what he wants to, but All of the Americans who are standing up have a common cause. And that is the tyranny and the injustice that is forming and has been forming for years in our federal government. We are sick and tired of having things shoved down our throats. We are on our way of exposing severe corruption and a take over of our country.

jeanie Coates

Sep 4, 2009, 2:59:02 PM9/4/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
Right on Tina!  We come to the TPP as Americans, not as republicans, democrats, or any other party.  We are the AMERICAN party and since no one else is standing up for the American party, we the people, are doing it ourselves.  The truth is the truth.  There probably are more people registered with one party than the other. SO WHAT?  We are ALL Americans and I think everyone came to the TPP for one reason, we love our country and we intend to preserve our way of life and our form of government.  The TPP is focused on the fiscal aspects of government, but that is only the TPP mission statement and that brings the umbrella over many.  That does not mean that most of us have no other issues we feel equally passionate about and are working on as well.  We should remember we are Americans first and Debbie is right.  The left loves to divide and conquer.  That is the ONLY way they can defeat us.  We should be smart and not allow them to succeed, especially within the TPP.  With millions of members signed on, and millions more that are like minded, it is no mystery that there will be differing views and opinions.  That is part of what makes this nation and the TPP such a great resource for refuge and for knowledge.  We each bring a unique ability to the table.  When we combine those qualities, and our efforts, we are most definitely a force to be reckoned with.  We should not worry about what the left will say about us as they speak untruths all the time.  Those citizens that choose to educate themselves about what is really happening in our country will also get an education on the truth about the media and how biased they are.  We must not concern ourselves so much with what others, those "others" being the left, will say or think. but with accomplishing our goals.  If the leaders of the Republican Party had any common sense, or the Democratic Leaders, they would be jumping on board the TPP because we are where the votes are and we are shaping the future of the political arena.  Unfortunately, common sense seems to not be available in the upper arms of either party!   I am very proud of Michelle and those that ARE standing up for the people and I don't care one bit which party they are registered with.  I only care that they recognize that the people of our nation DO care about what happens and I just care that they care!  I hope the March on DC is a huge success as so many have put in their time, their money, and devoted themselves to making it a success, at the expense sometimes of their own personal life and families.  IT, our mission, is that important.  NO ONE is being paid in the grassroots of this movement that I am aware of.  If so, I want MY check too.  I have never worked so hard in my life, nor have I ever been so dedicated to a political cause because I believe that politics is only the surface and that the current threat to America is much more serious than politics as usual.  I am proud to stand with fellow Patriots in this fight and I won't be afraid to speak the truth or to stand for what's right because I know that is what I must do to help us win this war. Let's lose the labels, political, racial, and all others, and focus on making 9/12 a day in history to be remembered by all, especially those that think they can tread on the people.

Debbie Dooley

Sep 4, 2009, 3:03:36 PM9/4/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
Well said Jeanie. I think we need to start a letter writing campaign called, "Mr. Obama, Where Is My Check"? I volunteer countless hours and have never been  paid a dime. I would love for the WhiteHouse to tell where my check is.

For the record I am kidding about the letter writing campaign. It is Friday and I am in a humerous mood...

jeanie backus coates

Sep 4, 2009, 3:17:26 PM9/4/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
You know the saying....TGIF!!!

Brian Bertha

Sep 4, 2009, 3:36:09 PM9/4/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
Over half
Debbie Dooley wrote:
> Let me ask this question and answer it honestly. Just how many people
> do you think would show up at our tea parties if we banned all
> Republicans?
>
> http://912dc.org <http://912dc.org/>
> and www.teapartyexpress.org
> <http://www.teapartyexpress.org>
> <http://www.teapartyexpress.org/> . On their main pages
> 912dc.org <http://912dc.org> <http://912dc.org/>
> home page. TeaPartyExpress.org is funded by Our Country
> Deserves
> Better PAC and the site was designed by Eusatrix. All
> donations made
> to TeaPartyExpress.org go to Our Country Deserves Better PAC.
> Grassfire.org, a non-profit 501 c4, was launched in the
> fall of
> 2000 by Steve Elliott. Sourcewatch.org states “Despite
> it's purported
> “grassroots” nature, the public relations work for the
> organization is
> being handled by Shirley and Banister Public Affairs, a highly
> connected and long-established public relations firm. The
> President
> of SBPA, Craig Shirley, was involved in the production of
> the infamous
> Willie Horton advertisement in 1988.”
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io9KMSSEZ0Y&feature=related
> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io9KMSSEZ0Y&feature=related>
> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io9KMSSEZ0Y&amp;feature=related>
> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io9KMSSEZ0Y&feature=related> .

Brian Bertha

Sep 4, 2009, 3:37:17 PM9/4/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
It depends on which republican there are some good ones

Andrew Ian Dodge wrote:
> [...]
> the 912dc.org <http://912dc.org> <http://912dc.org>
> <http://912dc.org/>
> home page. TeaPartyExpress.org is funded by Our
> Country Deserves
> Better PAC and the site was designed by Eusatrix. All
> donations made
> to TeaPartyExpress.org go to Our Country Deserves
> Better PAC.
> Grassfire.org, a non-profit 501 c4, was launched in
> the fall of
> 2000 by Steve Elliott. Sourcewatch.org states
> “Despite it's purported
> “grassroots” nature, the public relations work for the
> organization is
> being handled by Shirley and Banister Public Affairs,
> a highly
> connected and long-established public relations firm.
> The President
> of SBPA, Craig Shirley, was involved in the production

Lesley Lawson

Sep 4, 2009, 4:04:41 PM9/4/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
Jeannie,
You are awesome.  Hope to me you one day!
Lesley

jeanie backus coates

Sep 4, 2009, 5:41:48 PM9/4/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
Well, I feel the very same about you!  I really enjoy your posts and your guts to stand up for what's right even though it is not always popular with some.  Just thankful we still have the freedom to disagree with others-huh?  Don't know for how long....lol!

Kim

Sep 4, 2009, 7:32:56 PM9/4/09
to Tea Party Patriots
The only people labeling this movement - are the ones that are against
it....and it looks like the ones that are against it seem to be doing
a pretty good job at making you guys question it.

Keep it real and honest - nothing else is needed. No explanation to
them. They and the bias media are going to make it out to be whatever
they see fit to make them look like they are right and we are wrong.

We know who we are and we are going there and why we are part of the
TEA party movement. If they haven't gotten it yet they never
will......PERIOD!

jeanie Coates

Sep 4, 2009, 7:35:16 PM9/4/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
Kim,

I think that just sums it up in a nut shell!  (No pun intended)  We know the truth!

Josh Parker

Sep 4, 2009, 7:53:00 PM9/4/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
Amy should be, like, TPP president or something :)

Keith

Sep 4, 2009, 8:28:03 PM9/4/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
I don't want to be tied to any of these groups. Let them be tied to us. We
have the movement and the power to change things. They have been around and
done little to do much of anything. We must not let the press weigh us down
with their anchors.

Josh Parker

Sep 4, 2009, 9:01:50 PM9/4/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
I am sitting next to Judy Holloway at the little Texas State Organizer dinner before the big State Tea Party tomorrow!

Here's Judy next to Joe the Plumber and Kevin Jackson!

It's going to be awesome tomorrow!

jeanie backus coates

Sep 4, 2009, 9:20:37 PM9/4/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
GO TEXAS!

Rick Smith

Sep 4, 2009, 10:31:43 PM9/4/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
This is just the same old tired line the statists use because they cannot
confront us on the facts. By their new definition of Grassroots, there can
be no organization at all or it is not "authentic". If we are a
conservative movement it stands to reason there will be conservative
connections, and some of those connections will be republicans. So what?
Some of Obama's hand-picked czars are communists - yet if we call The One a
communist we are all racist terrorists.

For my part I could care less about the parties - they are both equally
worthless and have both sold We The People down the river for their 30
sheckles of silver. 9/12 is not about parties or grassroots or specific pet
issues - it is about We The People demanding the restoration of our liberty
and the resurrection of our Constitution. It is about the rule of Law, and
about right vs. wrong. That is why I am going - not because someone in some
party headquarters decided this was their event - this even belongs to the
People.

One People, One Voice, One Message and One Word - Liberty.

No disrespect to anyone, but the ones who "organized" the event are like the
skier that started the avalanche - they may think they are in control, but
the snow is going to take them and everyone else wherever It decides to go,
and it will not be stopped.

"If this be treason, make the most of it!" - Patrick Henry
17:51:00

Patrick McGuinness

Sep 4, 2009, 10:58:47 PM9/4/09
to Tea Party Patriots

On Sep 4, 12:41 pm, Debbie Dooley <debbie0...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>  It ridiculous to think that if you are a conservative group or a Republican then you are not real grassroots.  That is  the tone of this article. It is crap. We are not being paid to support  these groups position on anything unlike the way Organzing for America pays people to help advance Obama Care.

I agree. These organizations help like-minded people get together. AFP
and FreedomWorks did organize prior Tea Party events. These groups are
not the RNC or GOP.
They are conservative organizations whose goals, agenda and ideals
line up with Tea Partiers. It would be one thing to oppose them if
they have an agenda you dont follow,
but its quite nutty to oppose their participation just because they
are ORGANIZED.
We are supposed to reject all organization? Be completely
disorganized?

> Yes there may some Republican's associated with some of those groups,  but there are also Libertarians and Independents. Tell me this, when is the last time you heard a Democrat complaining about too much taxes and out of control government spending?  I have seen these same groups blast Republicans and expecially GWB.

The Republicans is the only party that has done anything for
taxpayers, and most concerned fiscal conservatives vote GOP.
Shunning republicans from a taxpayer march is like banning blacks from
a civil rights march.

> I receive phone call after phone call from senior citizens and other that are upset about the direction of the country and especially the healthcare debate. People that love the idea that these groups actually organized this protest for the people to show what they think. These people have never became involved before . How is that not grassroots?

Exactly. Reasonable people are thankful that there are these groups
that helped organize this ... BUT ... these groups wont make the
numbers happen .. ONLY the grassroots participating will do that!

> I am also getting real tired of hearing that we need to throw them all out and start over.  Face reality...

Yup. Reality is that the 'pundits' are talking about ... maybe (its a
looong way to 2010) ... the Dems lost 40 seats in Congress in 2010
election. Ahem ... that STILL means 80% of
Democrat Congresscritters get re-elected. 80%!
The pro-stimulus, pro-socialized-medicine, pro-govt-takeover-of-GM,
pro-cap-and-trade Congress!

Maybe it would be helpful to rank-order the COngress from worst to
best and from that decide who are the first ones to focus on.

> It would take years to start over and we don't have that time. We need to elect good fiscal conservatives to office whether they be Republican, Democrat or any other party.

> The reality is there is no viable third party now.

There never will be based on the simple concept of majority rule -
UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL. If Patriots split their vote, the
socialists win.
Find a way to get the Republican party in shape. (The Democrats are a
lost cause, they are run by Moveon.org, radical unions like SEIU,
ACLU, ACORN, etc.)

> The Libertarians have a long way to go and I can tell you that some Libertarians actually alienate people with their attitudes that all elected officials are bad ...  That simply is not true..

I agree. saying all elected officials are bad is taking a sledgehammer
to the problem. I think LP folks just say that because their guys
havent gotten elected (and never do).
And besides, whats the 'solution'? You run someone up against the
incument. What do you say in 2 years when your challenger
is now a 'politician'? Throw him out? The expression 'throw the baby
out with the bathwater' comes to mind.

The real solution is simple: Stand with those who stand with you.
Make all politicians accountable, irrespective of party. If they fail
you, throw them out, irrespective of party; if they support your views
and values, re-elect them.
(If they do that, but are a member of the party that conspires to do
the opposite, reconsider - any 'blue dog' that voted Pelosi for
Speaker has helped advance bad bills in Congress.)
If you want to know if the party stands with you, read their
platforms.

If you dont think there's a dime's worth of difference between
Democrats and Republicans ... READ THEIR PLATFORMS.
A simplistic view: The Republicans are the party of those who pay FOR
Government, the Democrats the party of those who take FROM Government.

Both parties have had politicians who failed the people in different
ways. Corruption is bipartisan, and so is political doubletalk and
cowardice.
BUT, most people in public office are not crooks and are just doing
their job - whether it is the job YOU want them to do depends
on where they stand and where you stand, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, what
YOU are doing to hold them accountable to YOUR issues.

One last thought. If you realize that Obama's socialist agenda is a
clear and present danger to our freedom, our prosperity and our
future,
and you want to do something about it, there's is one thing you can
do: Help pro-liberty Republicans defeat pro-Obama Democrats in 2010.

And that will make you a Republican too, wont it?

Rick Smith

Sep 4, 2009, 11:02:05 PM9/4/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
We should not ban anyone - that completely flies in the face of everything
we say we believe. How can we be about free speech and spirited debate if
we set the rules on who can attend? Would that not make us exactly what the
other side says we are? Would that not in effect make us just like them?

I think if a sitting politician is willing to take the well deserved
thumping they are likely to receive - let them. In fact, there may be some
politicians out there ( I am the eternal optimist) who would appreciate the
opportunity to speak at our groups for the express purpose of apologizing
for failing so miserably to be what we elected them to be - representatives
of the people instead of representatives of the party.

That would in fact earn my respect. It would probably also cause the end of
all life as we know it in the universe, since sincerity and sitting
politicians are I believe much like matter and anti-matter... (told you I
was an optimist..! )

Semper Fi!

Rick Smith

Charlene Clark District 6

Sep 4, 2009, 11:16:16 PM9/4/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
I say just tell them "I am grassroots." What is the big thing about that anyway? The important thing is the message. Their group is being organized by people directly tied to the president. Sure, somebody with influence tends to get the ball rolling. However, our participation gathered from the bottom up, not from the top down. We started in our own states and counties. We joined together with other groups from other states and counties. We grew. There is nothing wrong with that.

Charlene

Charlene Clark District 6

Sep 4, 2009, 11:20:28 PM9/4/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew. I'm going to be cruising up the east coast and stopping at various New England ports along the way. Is there a marked site in Boston where the Tree of Liberty grew? I would like to stand there. This cruise is why I cannot be at the event. If it was just me, I would cancel it. However, my mom is going. I'm 52. She's 75. I think spending time together while we can is important.

Charlene

Sep 4, 2009, 11:23:01 PM9/4/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
She is great! She is a thorn in the Progressive's side and I would travel to
hear her speak. I will also financially support her in the next election.
We must learn to put our money where our beliefs are. The Democrats are
gunning for her in the next election -big time. They hate her because she
won't shut up and know her place.

Keith

Be Heard wrote:
> Good thoughts..
> I guess one main issue for me is.
> Are any of the speakers or organizers being paid to attend or speak
> like Move-on and the SEIU?
> And it has been bugging me (even though I support him) when Senator
> Tom McClintock speaks at the TPs here in CA.
>
> Neither party represents us..So true. So we are Silent No More!
> And lead our "leaders"!
> Party-On!
>
> Mike
>

> On Sep 4, 9:41 am, Andrew Ian Dodge <lagw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> andwww.teapartyexpress.org. On their main pages they list a number of
>>> sponsors for this march. Freedom Works Foundation, Our Country
>>> Deserves Better PAC, Grassfire.org and ResistNet.com to name a few.
>>> What ties do these organizations have that give me the idea this march
>>> is not "grassroots"?
>>> Freedom Works Foundation is chaired by Dick Armey, a lifelong
>>> Republican, he served as Majority Leader for the U.S. House of
>>> Representatives from 1995 until 2002. Steve Forbes, President and CEO
>>> of Forbes Inc. is on the board of directors for Freedom Works and ran
>>> for the Republican nominee for President in 1996 as well as 2000.
>>> Freedom Works was behind the creation of a "fake grassroots" website
>>> called Angryrenter.com that was started in response to "the Obama
>>> housing bailout." The reason it was called a "fake" grassroots
>>> movement is that "the people behind Angryrenter.com are certainly not
>>> renters." - Michael M. Phillips
>>> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121090164137297527.html?mod=hpp_us_pa...
>>> http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/opinion/columnists/vas...

Andrew Dodge

Sep 4, 2009, 11:23:20 PM9/4/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
Yes, there is a liberty trail in Boston.

www.andrewiandodge.com
contributor: Pajamas Media
contributor PJTV
contributor: BNN

Rick Smith

Sep 4, 2009, 11:29:20 PM9/4/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
My one major objection is with the "split the conservative vote" argument I
hear constantly - mostly from Republicans (in the interest of full
disclosure, I am a registered Republican and sit on the executive committee
for my district, and have served as the party vice-chairman for my county).
My problem with the argument is this - it presupposes that a Republican MUST
run in a given race, and therefore the "third party" must be the ones to
yield or risk splitting the vote.

I personally believe that if there is a strong conservative candidate
running in a race, the Republican party would do well to examine this
candidate, and if not out and out support the individual, at least choose
not to run a candidate in that race - thereby no longer "splitting the vote"
while at the same time making the case that they really do have the best
interests of the Nation at heart rather than the best interests of the
party.

This is what has infuriated me, and I doubt I am alone - we the people no
longer have representation in Washington, nor in our own states for that
matter - the parties have representatives who take their orders from party
command, and then go out and try to sell us on that plan. In effect they
are the parties representatives to us - telling us how it is going to be,
because they know better.

It is time to set the process back to the way our founders intended it.

I am first and foremost and American, and I am done voting for the lesser of
2 evils. If the Republicans cannot or will not enter a true conservative
into the races, then they will continue to fade into obscurity in
irrelevance, and a new party will rise up, hopefully before the country is
lost altogether.

Semper Fortis, Paratus et Fidelis,
Rick Smith
www.ncfreedom.us
Christian, Patriot,
US Marine Veteran,
Homeschooling Father of 8,
Small Business Owner
2nd Amendment secures the rest.

CIndy Wilkerson

Sep 5, 2009, 2:48:47 AM9/5/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com

If you listen to their overall message, they consider us stupid, and are trying to dehumanize us. We are being villified in the same manner as hitler villified, devalued and ultimatley dehumanized the Jews in Germany. Charles Carville tonight talked about parents opposed to Obama speaking to school children stated, these people think the president wasn't born here and think the world is only 5 thousand years old. He said its rediculous but we have to put up with them. I wanted to put my foot through the screen. Because we believe in Jesus Christ and Creationism we are stupid, a substandard citizen and a waste of space.

Rickey Morlen

Sep 5, 2009, 2:57:54 AM9/5/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
Be Heard, or Mr. Schaefer,

Interesting and exhaustive research done there.  I am sure I can not at present dispute the connections.  There are people of note associated with this event.  There are people who have been in the GOP for years associated with this event. I would bet that there are many folks in TEA Party and other Organizations who were at one point and may still be registered as "R".  I bet there are also some "D's". Those parties existed long before the TEA PARTY and 9-12 groups sprang up, and politically active individuals HAD to belong somewhere. It takes some amount of experience and organization, as well as some connections, to put an event of this magnitude together. { Wars are not fought by hordes of foot soldiers alone, they must have leaders, and those leaders must have gained education and experience somewhere.} I will simply tell you that neither I nor any of the dozens of people I personally know going to this event, are receiving one cent, one iota of support from any organization whatsoever.  That is where the grasses roots are, spread over a wide area, fertilized by the patriotic spirit of devotion to the constitution, germinated by the news of Socialist Leanings of our Federal Government, and watered by the reassurance that others of like mind want to gather and be a forceful voice of Freedom and Liberty.
Just another viewpoint

GOD Bless America
Rick Morlen

Brian Bertha

Sep 5, 2009, 10:23:51 AM9/5/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
Find out where you are politically
http://www.theadvocates.org/quizp/index.html
or
http://www.quiz2d.com/

Tina Kincaid wrote:
> Debbie,
> You are absolutely right!
>
> http://912dc.org <http://912dc.org/>
> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io9KMSSEZ0Y&feature=related>.

Brian Bertha

Sep 5, 2009, 10:29:43 AM9/5/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
Dont fight their fight stay on message make them fight on our ground and
we will win Americans are not ready to give up their rights. The
constitution gives the government the privilege and permission of
defending those rights. If those in government are not abiding by their
Oath of office they need to be removed. Lets remember all their
statements and violations.

> Subject:
> {Tea Party Patriots} Re: Link Between D.C. Tea Party March on 9/12 AND
> the GOP
> From:
> Tina Kincaid <tak...@yahoo.com>
> Date:
> Fri, 04 Sep 2009 20:54:10 -0700 (PDT)
> To:
> tea-party...@googlegroups.com
>
> To:
> tea-party...@googlegroups.com
>
> For more information on Tea Party Patriots, please visit
> www.teapartypatriots.org

Brian Bertha

Sep 5, 2009, 10:30:41 AM9/5/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
Ditto
> http://912dc.org <http://912dc.org/>
> and www.teapartyexpress.org <http://www.teapartyexpress.org/>. On
> <http://www.ourcountrydeservesbetter.com/about/boardandstaff.html>
> Howard
> Kaloogian is the chairman of Our Country Deserves Better PAC.
> Kaloogian served as Assistant Republican Leader in the California
> State Assembly during his six year term in office. In 2003 Kaloogian
> started the “Recall Gray Davis Committee,” which helped recall
> Governor Gray Davis of California. Kaloogian unsuccessfully ran as a
> Republican in the primaries for U.S. Senate from California in 2004.
> He also ran in the special election that was held April 11, 2006 for
> the seat in congress vacated by Rep. Randy “Duke” Cunningham.
> TeaPartyExpress.org also describes a lengthy bus tour across
> America that will end in Washington D.C. on September 12th. On their
> page under tour schedule, they make reference to the “Taxpayer March
> on D.C. and a 'details' link next to it takes you to the 912dc.org
> <http://912dc.org/>
> home page. TeaPartyExpress.org is funded by Our Country Deserves
> Better PAC and the site was designed by Eusatrix. All donations made
> to TeaPartyExpress.org go to Our Country Deserves Better PAC.
> Grassfire.org, a non-profit 501 c4, was launched in the fall of
> 2000 by Steve Elliott. Sourcewatch.org states “Despite it's purported
> “grassroots” nature, the public relations work for the organization is
> being handled by Shirley and Banister Public Affairs, a highly
> connected and long-established public relations firm. The President
> of SBPA, Craig Shirley, was involved in the production of the infamous
> Willie Horton advertisement in 1988.”
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io9KMSSEZ0Y&feature=related
> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io9KMSSEZ0Y&feature=related>.

Fritz

Sep 5, 2009, 10:45:14 AM9/5/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com

And, it is easy to follow, picturesque, and educational, and uplifting if you study what you see.  Go into the churches and read the memorials on the walls to get a good sense for people and events.

     Fritz

Dawn

Sep 5, 2009, 12:37:11 PM9/5/09
to Tea Party Patriots
Hi all I am really insprired by the debate going on with this
question. It shows that we are doing our homework and we are no more
fooled by the right than the left. There are two things any politician
hates, grassroots and educated voters. This makes their jobs harder.

In CA we have had events where a couple of the good guys have spoken
such as McClintock. We do this because as it is really important to
know who to get rid of , it is also important to know who to keep. I
don't care that McClintock is GOP,if he were a DEM I would be just as
happy for his stance on issues that effect our state.

There are currently so many RHINOS in local state and federal
positions that what matters is their voting record. If a Blue Dog is
helping us I say great! Parties just don't matter liek they used to,
they are part of the broken system and they are desperatly trying to
hold onto power, which is why the GOP is always looking for a way into
the "movement". You know how you know they don't run things, IT
WORKS!! TPP Works because real people are involved not politicians and
for once we make the decisions, who speaks, who doesn't...they know
that we hold the power! and that my friends scares the hell out of
them!

This enormous event (9/12) is being sponsored by many "like minded"
groups and frankly the TPP doesn't have the cash to do it on thier own
so we welcome the help. As long as we know who the players are and we
hold them to the same standard we will do just fine. FOR THE
PEOPLE ,BY THE PEOPLE!

I appreciate that someone went through the trouble to find out about
all of these groups, knowledge is power for us and we aren't fooled by
glitz and glam anymore...substance matters and no matter who you are ,
or what your political persuasion is, if you screw up we will out you,
if you try to hurt this country we will put your name on the "LIST"
and if you can't get yourself voting in the correct direction we will
get rid of you...end of story!

Let's show DC what real grassroots looks like on 9/12...
I so look forward to meeting all of you in DC.
Dawn Wildman
CA Coordinator TPP
Southern CA Tax Revolt Coalition

On Sep 4, 12:03 pm, Debbie Dooley <debbie0...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Well said Jeanie. I think we need to start a letter writing campaign called, "Mr. Obama, Where Is My Check"? I volunteer countless hours and have never been  paid a dime. I would love for the WhiteHouse to tell where my check is.
>
> For the record I am kidding about the letter writing campaign. It is Friday and I am in a humerous mood...

Robin

Sep 5, 2009, 3:00:18 PM9/5/09
to Tea Party Patriots
I think TPP members should understand something. After April 15th
people all over the country wanted to go to Washington. Being a very
young group the leadership did not have the money, experience, or
expertise to put on an event of this size in Washington.

Freedom Works is a good group and yes Dick Army is the founder.
Nothing wrong with that. When they decided to put on the march I was
one of the first if not the first to sign up. Sometimes you need
experience in order to be able to achieve your goals. Freedom Works
has that expertise and I always thought we should take advantage of
that, and still do.

One thing you have to remember is that at the very beginning the only
sponsor was TPP and then the others followed. Many people and
organizations are trying to ride our coat tails and take advantage of
the situation. You just have to do your own research. Some of you may
not know that I have been very protective of the TPP brand and what we
stand for. Sometimes to the point of being a very big jerk.

Finally, concerning paying speakers. I do not know about the 9.12
March but I know I am contacted constantly by representatives for what
I consider to be B and C list speakers. Many of them want money, plane
fare, hotel and food besides promoting their book or CD. Are they
worth it? Nope, not a single one. I have told them that we would pay
for their flight, hotel and food but not an appearance fee and
certainly not air fare for their spouse. All of these contacts have
been for our local Tea Party only.

My suggestion is to ask them if they call you and request money is,
"So is that the price you put on FREEDOM"? They never reply.

So come to D.C and have comfort in the fact that TPP members are good
old "sod" and not "astroturf". Plant your feet firmly on the sod and
let your voices be heard loud and strong.

On Sep 4, 7:53 pm, Josh Parker <jospa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Amy should be, like, TPP president or something :)
>
> On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 10:26 AM, Judy Holloway <
>
> having.anaustinteapa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hey, Jenny Beth,
>
> > Met Amy yesterday in Austin. What an incredible woman, and the heartbeat of
> > Tea Party Patriots! We should all aspire to be half the person she is.
>
> > Have a great day!
>
> > On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 12:14 PM, Jenny Beth Martin <jennybe...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> No one is being paid to speak. There may (or may not) be a few people
> >> whose travel expenses are being paid because they are grassroots speakers.
>
> >> Some of the local Tea Parties may be sponsoring a few people to ride on a
> >> bus if the local tea party chooses to do so and has the funds.  Other than
> >> that, no, no one is being paid to attend, that I am aware of.
>
> >> Have a great day!
> >> Jenny Beth Martin
> >> 404-326-0936
> >> Tea Party Patriots, National Coordinator (http://teapartypatriots.org)
> >> Atlanta Tea Party, Co-Chairman (http://atlantateaparty.net)
> >> Smart Girl Politics, Director of Congressional Outreach (
> >>http://smartgirlpolitics.org)
> >> 912 March on DC, National Co-Coordinator (http://912dc.org)
> >>http://jenuinejen.com
> >>http://twitter.com/JenuineJen

> > --
> > Judy Holloway
> > Austin Tea Party Patriots
> > Organizer
>
> > Websites :
> > teapartypatriots.org
> > texasteapartypatriots.org
> >http://havinganaustinteaparty.com
> > Email : having.anaustinteapa...@gmail.com

CIndy Wilkerson

Sep 5, 2009, 3:33:42 PM9/5/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com

We do not need to make this about anything but a march for freedom. I am not going to see the speakers, I am going to stand up for freedom and we all need to be there if physically possible. Forget the party issue, when it comes to freedom we are all Americans. The media is going to use a low turn out as a tool to promote the healthcare bill, to state that the polls are wrong and that people are over the movement. We cannot give them that victory just because of political differences.

Be Heard

Sep 5, 2009, 5:10:23 PM9/5/09
to Tea Party Patriots
Very well said:
"Why can't we just leave the party names out of this and just be
Americans that are fed up with the direction our elected leaders are
taking us in.
I just don't understand why everything has to be so complicated. We
just want our Constitution to be upheld, adhered to, supported, and
defended against enemies from without and from within. And right now
the enemy is right here within our precious Nation, that I want so
very much to be set aright. I pray this constantly."

I agree completely.

It is easy!
Want Your Country Back?
Put Jesus Back!

Pray Hard!
Mike

On Sep 4, 10:39 am, Tina Kincaid <tak...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Perhaps I am just not very smart, but it seems to me that finding Democratic organization, sponsors to help with this "grassroots" movement is virtually impossible, and that it is the down to earth everyday hardworking dems who are involved in the T.E.A. Party movement right along with republicans, indedpendents, and other conservatives.  So it is any wonder that you can tie the Republicans to the movement?  Republican organizations are for the most part conservative in nature and would, of course be the ones to help support and promote all that is going on. How could it be otherwise?
> Why can't we just leave the party names out of this and just be Americans that are fed up with the direction our elected leaders are taking us in.
> I just don't understand why everything has to be so complicated. We just want our Constitution to be upheld, adhered to, supported, and defended against enemies from without and from within. And right now the enemy is right here within our precious Nation, that I want so very much to be set aright. I pray this constantly.
> Tina Kincaid
> http:/www.caverncitypatriots.com

Bruce Majors

Sep 6, 2009, 2:06:27 PM9/6/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
so silly

Libertarians, independents and even some unhappy Democrats are involved

I have a question for tea party peeps

I know a dozen or two gay conservatives and libertarians going to 9-12 just from DC/VA area

Should we wear T-shirts or carry posters that say "Gays and Lesbians against Obama" etc so that it will be more complicated for the media to say the march are all bigoted right wing kooks (not that I am not a gay right wing kook and proud of it)

Will those of you who don't like openly gay displays be able to deal with it for a day for the sake of short circuiting the "liberal"media?

Andrew Ian Dodge

Sep 6, 2009, 2:09:23 PM9/6/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
YES! That would be so funny... and make them look so foolish. Kind like it when we had several black people in Maine come to the 15th of April event making claims it was "all white" rednecks look a bit foolish.

Brian Bertha

Sep 6, 2009, 2:17:59 PM9/6/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
Do what you want thats what America is all about however be prepared for
the MSM to call you paid
protesters after all if you are gay you couldnt possibly believe in that
stupid constitution.
> [...]
> their
> > page under tour schedule, they make reference to the “Taxpayer March
> > on D.C. and a 'details' link next to it takes you to the
> 912dc.org <http://912dc.org>
> > home page. TeaPartyExpress.org is funded by Our Country Deserves
> > Better PAC and the site was designed by Eusatrix. All donations
> made
> > to TeaPartyExpress.org go to Our Country Deserves Better PAC.
> > Grassfire.org, a non-profit 501 c4, was launched in the fall of
> > 2000 by Steve Elliott. Sourcewatch.org states “Despite it's
> purported
> > “grassroots” nature, the public relations work for the
> organization is
> > being handled by Shirley and Banister Public Affairs, a highly
> > connected and long-established public relations firm. The President
> > of SBPA, Craig Shirley, was involved in the production of the

ri...@ncfreedom.us

Sep 6, 2009, 2:27:39 PM9/6/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
Not a fan of the homosexual agenda, but I would be amused to see how the state run media would react. Most likely they will simply not put you on camera or report it, that way they don't have to worry about it.

You don't know any conservative black lesbians do you? Then you could tie up all their cards in one swoop-race, sexuality, and gender.

Their collective statist heads might explode...

Sep 6, 2009, 2:29:36 PM9/6/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
Yea the Constitution has been so bad for gay people

Bruce Majors

Sep 6, 2009, 2:30:14 PM9/6/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
There are some black gay Republican men in the DC area

Andrew Ian Dodge

Sep 6, 2009, 2:54:51 PM9/6/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
Anything that ruins the MSM's notions about what tea party goers are like is good... gay, rocker, minority, female, urban etc etc... Visual representations that their pigeon-holing attempts are off base is a very good thing. The attitude should be "if you are one of us" then you are welcome... period.

Brendan Steinhauser

Sep 5, 2009, 2:18:55 PM9/5/09
to Tea Party Patriots
Oh, and here are more links to what FreedomWorks was doing even before
the April 15th Tax Day Tea Parties.

Fort Myers protest: http://www.freedomworks.org/blog/bstein80/freedomworks-plans-to-protest-obama-in-fort-myers-

The guide that I wrote on "how to organize a tea party" on Feb. 20th:
http://www.freedomworks.org/blog/bstein80/how-to-organize-your-own-%E2%80%9Ctea-party%E2%80%9D-protest

My report on the first wave of tea parties:
http://www.freedomworks.org/publications/the-taxpayer-tea-party-movement-is-growing

March 1st article on "where do we go from here?"
http://www.freedomworks.org/blog/bstein80/the-taxpayer-tea-party-movement-where-do-we-go-fro

April 3rd, providing support for Burleson, TX tea party group, which
faced permit issues: http://www.freedomworks.org/blog/bstein80/city-of-burleson-relents-tea-party-is-on-liberty-p

April 18th: advice on how to keep the momentum going:
http://www.freedomworks.org/blog/bstein80/how-to-keep-the-tea-party-momentum-going

To sum up my post, FreedomWorks has been working hard all year to help
build and support local community activists. And the organization has
not been friendly to the GOP when it was wasting our tax dollars. I
think these blog posts should put an end to any accusations from
outside groups that FreedomWorks has done anything but help the tea
party movement grow.

Claudia

Sep 6, 2009, 7:42:54 PM9/6/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
if the goal of all the groups or individuals going to Washington next weekend is the same, who cares who thought of the idea first ?? does that really matter?
The idea of this nation being free and just was thought up long before we came along...we are all just trying to fight for that basic law...written over 200 years ago.
we all arrived at this juncture many different ways and times...but at least we arrived!
that should be enough for most adults.
these name, blame, and schoolyard tactics are just what the other side wans to see...
why let them have it?
does it reallly matter in the grand scheme of things?
we have ALL done a GRAND job in our efforts to keep our nation free.
Congrats to everyone...no matter who you affiliate with.
when your ego steps in, your focus steps out....and your credibility.

Andrew Ian Dodge

Sep 6, 2009, 7:53:13 PM9/6/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
Lets make sure everyone takes pics of all the different sorts that show up... so there is no way the MSM can deny the diversity of those who are there...

Josh Parker

Sep 6, 2009, 8:06:32 PM9/6/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
I know some gay teaparty people. They pay taxes too. Hey now!

Andrew Ian Dodge

Sep 6, 2009, 8:24:00 PM9/6/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
As a blogger Gaypatriot puts it... the best thing that ensures gay rights is the 2nd amendment.

Robin

Sep 6, 2009, 8:42:23 PM9/6/09
to Tea Party Patriots
During our July 4th Tea Party one of our speakers did a little show of
hands poll. The results were about 70% Republican, 20% Independent and
10% Democrat. I think that is about right.

Honestly, I think Freedom Works is a great organization and enjoy
working closely with them. There are others who are sponsors that I am
not real fond of but that is just my personal feelings.

One thing I am going to mention here. I research every single site
that comes across my screen. I dig deep, find out who owns the site
and then go from there. The author of this blog is, in my opinion, a
rookie. I have been doing this since March. I think there is a true
representation of society as a whole within this movement. You have
excellent organizations, some that are okay and others that are, in my
opinion, trash. You have to be the one to decide. All I know is that I
am proud to be a member of Tea Party Patriots and just as proud to
work with the people at Freedom Works. Here in Florida we work as a
team and have made a difference and that is what matters in the long
run.

As far as political parties are concerned, I have never asked a single
person who has come to our Tea Parties, classes, or book studies what
party they belong. I consider them Americans and frankly do not
care.

On Sep 6, 8:24 pm, Andrew Ian Dodge <lagw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As a blogger Gaypatriot puts it... the best thing that ensures gay rights is
> the 2nd amendment.
>

> On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 8:06 PM, Josh Parker <jospa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I know some gay teaparty people. They pay taxes too. Hey now!
>
> > On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 4:53 PM, Andrew Ian Dodge <lagw...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> Lets make sure everyone takes pics of all the different sorts that show
> >> up... so there is no way the MSM can deny the diversity of those who are
> >> there...

Charlene Clark District 6

Sep 7, 2009, 2:04:30 AM9/7/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
Well spoken, Claudia.
Charlene

"The problem with socialism is that eventually you run out
of other people's money."

—Margaret Thatcher

Sep 7, 2009, 11:18:05 AM9/7/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com

Brian Bertha

Sep 7, 2009, 11:20:28 AM9/7/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
Its the last thing that protects ALL our rights if it goes so do ALL the
rights for EVERYONE
> www.andrewiandodge.com <http://www.andrewiandodge.com>
> Twitter: @lagwolf
>

> --
> 9/12 March on DC merchandise...
> http://god.spreadshirt.com/us/US/Shop/Index/index/page/1
> www.andrewiandodge.com <http://www.andrewiandodge.com>
> Twitter: @lagwolf

Brian Bertha

Sep 7, 2009, 11:22:19 AM9/7/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
Everyday I meet a new liberal or democrat that is waking up. Maybe not
active but certainly having second thoughts
I can tell by their silence on subjects

jeanie Coates

Sep 7, 2009, 11:48:40 AM9/7/09
to tea-party...@googlegroups.com
I would think that ANYONE who is able to think for himself/herself, can reason, and is able to recognize anti-American agendas, would be able to see exactly what is happening and how.  It is also obvious that this did not start with Obama. This anti-American movement has been happening for a very long time.  Obama was chosen because he is a black man and that furthers their cause, using the race card against any that oppose him.  The good news is that people are not falling for this tactic.