The beginning

James Aylett

Dec 11, 2010, 5:44:34 AM12/11/10
to TCP/IP Dramatised
At Scalecamp 2009, I did a slightly crazy two-headed session where we
started by getting people to act out a TCP exchange (it was something
like two hosts and two routers, and I ran around acting as link
layers). The second half we spent trading war stories and tips of
things you could do to improve your life if you were running a network
with lots of traffic.

At Scalecamp 2010 I was persuaded into doing something similar, and
decided that rather than just repeat the demonstration, it would be
more interesting to start coming up with a list of networking things
we could demonstrate in this way: TCP handshake, ARP, and so on. There
seemed to be enough interest in this to justify spinning up a group to
discuss it, write the scripts, and provide sufficient resources for
people to use this as a teaching tool.

So welcome, and let the dramatisation begin.

James

James Aylett

Jan 2, 2011, 12:16:56 PM1/2/11
to TCP/IP Dramatised
On Dec 11 2010, 10:44 am, James Aylett <ja...@devfort.com> wrote:

> So welcome, and let the dramatisation begin.

Well aware this hasn't happened. I have some notes, which I have still
to type up. And I completely failed to remember half the people who
were in the session, so if anyone remembers who was, please let me
know or invite them to the group.