Fedora 15 planning using Taskjuggler

Sam Elstob

May 24, 2011, 9:23:59 AM5/24/11
to TaskJuggler Users
I thought this might be interesting to other task juggler users.

I was looking at release dates for Fedora 15 a stumbled on the fact
they are using Task Juggler 2 for their scheduling.

The files are here and provide a useful example of large real world
project file

http://rbergero.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-15/source/

Sam

Chris Schlaeger

May 24, 2011, 2:46:00 PM5/24/11
to taskjugg...@googlegroups.com

The Fedora project has been using TaskJuggler for many many years now.
Not really a surprise, since TaskJuggler was primarily developed for
one use case: managing the development schedules of a large Linux
distributor. Which doesn't mean it can't be used for many other types
of projects.

Chris

Sam Elstob

May 25, 2011, 7:01:33 AM5/25/11
to TaskJuggler Users

On May 24, 7:46 pm, Chris Schlaeger <cschlae...@gmail.com> wrote:

> TheFedoraproject has been using TaskJuggler for many many years now.
> Not really a surprise, since TaskJuggler was primarily developed for
> one use case: managing the development schedules of a large Linux
> distributor.

Well it was a surprise to me and perhaps other Task Juggler users! I
searched the forum and the website but found no mention of Fedora
using it.

Perhaps a list of "Projects using TaskJuggler" could be added to the
website with links to their project files where possible (i.e. they
are open source).

Sam