Email Body Variable

MWhip

Aug 4, 2010, 4:54:27 PM8/4/10
to Tasker - Feature Requests
Currently, the Tasker variables listed for Email include:

Email From/Cc/Subject/Date/Time
%EFROM / %ECC / %ESUBJ / %EDATE / %ETIME
The From, Cc, Subject, Received Date and Received Time of the last
email received by the K9 email agent.

I would love to see an additional variable that would house the email
body, or the actual data inside the email. Obviously, it is possible
to send data other than text in an email. If such a feature existed,
maybe it could omit any data that is not plain text.

One possible use for this feature:
Send commands to your phone via email. You could have a specific text
trigger in the subject, and when an email is received with this
trigger, Tasker could take specific action based on what is in the
email body. For example, I would like to send my phone an email with a
phone number in the body. When received, Tasker would grab the phone's
current location via GPS and send an SMS message with location info to
the specified phone number.

Matt Wagner

Aug 11, 2010, 1:42:18 AM8/11/10
to Tasker - Feature Requests
I would like this feature also. It would help with my custom email
notification rules I've built.

Also, related to this request, it would be nice to have the To: field
in a variable. For my small business, I want to be specially notified
if an email is received at the "sales-info" address (and the FROM
could be anybody).

Thanks!

Phixx

Aug 16, 2010, 6:31:45 PM8/16/10
to Tasker - Feature Requests
I would also like to add a request for an email body variable like
%EBODY that would let us pull the body text from a K9 email. It would
also be great (like in some other email readers i've seen) if you
could specify a number of characters to read, so it wouldn't read an
entire email thread.