Announce caller name in Bluetooth device

alexm...@gmail.com

Aug 31, 2022, 11:08:03 AM8/31/22
to Tasker
Hi,
I have been testing a bluetooth device that connects to the car audio. When I get a call, the music stops, and I hear the ringer on the phone, but I wanted to hear the name of the person calling instead. I created a profile, using the command "say" ..CNAME, etc., but it is not working on the car's device. Is something missing, or is it just not possible to do that??!!

João Dias

Sep 26, 2022, 1:37:40 PM9/26/22
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hi. What happens when you try? Do you hear nothing at all? Thanks

Thank you for your contact.

   Join: connect multiple devices (send pushes, remote SMS, notifications) on Android, Windows, Mac, Linux
   Tasker: customize/automate anything on your phone!
   AutoApps: add advanced functionality to Tasker via plugins

João Dias

alexm...@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2022, 4:06:56 PM9/26/22
to Tasker
Hi, João!! what a busy day for you!!! Thanks for answer me.
In fact, I ear the ringtone, but in the car bluetooth device audio. It's a ringtone specific to the device itself, and not the ringtone of the cell phone (I don't hear it of course). I also did the test with a call while using bluetooth headphones connected, where the task only changed the name of the source, and the ringing I hear on the headphones is a trim of the headphones, not the name of the person according to the task.

João Dias

Sep 27, 2022, 4:38:48 AM9/27/22
to tas...@googlegroups.com
No problem :) Indeed, many emails to go through 😅

Can you please export your task's description (not xml) so I can take a look? Long-click the task in Tasker->export description Thanks in advance

Alexandre Martins

Sep 27, 2022, 4:46:07 PM9/27/22
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Here it goes João!! Thanks for trying to help:

Profile: Diz Nome do Contacto
    Settings: Restore: yes
    Event: Phone Ringing [ Caller:* ]
    State: BT Connected [ Name:AA-ER3 Address:* ]

    Enter Task: Nome Contacto

    A1: Wait [
         MS: 0
         Seconds: 1
         Minutes: 0
         Hours: 0
         Days: 0 ]

    A2: Media Control [
         Cmd: Pause
         Simulate Media Button: On
         Package/App Name: %LastNusicApp ]

    A3: Wait [
         MS: 0
         Seconds: 1
         Minutes: 0
         Hours: 0
         Days: 0 ]

    A4: Say [
         Text: %CNAME
         Engine:Voice: com.google.android.tts:por-prt
         Stream: 3
         Pitch: 5
         Speed: 5
         Respect Audio Focus: On ]

    A5: Wait [
         MS: 0
         Seconds: 2
         Minutes: 0
         Hours: 0
         Days: 0 ]

    A6: Say [
         Text: %CNAME
         Engine:Voice: com.google.android.tts:por-prt
         Stream: 3
         Pitch: 5
         Speed: 5
         Respect Audio Focus: On ]

Melhores Cumprimentos,
Alexandre Martins
Melhores Cumprimentos,
Alexandre Martins

João Dias

Sep 28, 2022, 5:31:16 AM9/28/22
to tas...@googlegroups.com
hhhmm could you please try using a different stream in the Say actions and see if that helps? You could try running the task manually just to quickly test it out, instead of waiting for the event to trigger.

Alexandre Martins

Sep 28, 2022, 9:42:47 AM9/28/22
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hi João,
Thanks for the suggestion, I've tested with differente "streams" (Call, System Ringer and Media) but no name on the bluetooth

"BlitzWolf® BW-BC3 Bluetooth V5.0 Transmissor"!! I've tried running task manually and that way I listen de caller name on that device!! But the normal way did not work...don't know why!!

Thanks again,

Melhores Cumprimentos,
Alexandre Martins