Script to reconnect to LiveView

Filmmakerc14

Feb 13, 2011, 8:56:39 PM2/13/11
to Tasker
Many owners of the Sony Ericsson LiveView watch are disappointed by
the devices constant connection issues.
So, i've written an SL4A Python script that on the bluetooth
disconnection, the phone automatically reconnects to the LiveView

Details here: http://tasker.wikidot.com/Liveview

Niklas Olofsson

Mar 31, 2011, 11:58:56 AM3/31/11
to Tasker
What do i have to install to make it work?
BIG list here: http://code.google.com/p/android-scripting/downloads/list

Stephen Mendez

Mar 31, 2011, 1:15:42 PM3/31/11
to tas...@googlegroups.com

Hello,
You need the sl4a.apk and the python.apk files. It is a little complicated to setup but there are tutorials online. As of right now my post is invalid.  I have not updated the wiki page. I'm sorry for the inconvienence. If I can get it to work properly I will let you know.

Niklas Olofsson

Mar 31, 2011, 1:41:09 PM3/31/11
to Tasker
So, it will not work?

Stephen Mendez

Mar 31, 2011, 2:35:00 PM3/31/11
to tas...@googlegroups.com

The current script will not work. I have been working to improve it but the new script is not finished yet.

ilker Aktuna

Apr 4, 2011, 4:50:04 PM4/4/11
to Tasker
Hi,

I've been working on it for several hours. When I leave the script
uuid field in bluetoothConnect command as "None", it does not
connect.
When I fill it with the example uuid from Python API browser result,
it connects but then gets disconnected.
I guess the liveview expects a direct connection from Liveview app.
So I changed the tasker task and made it kill and reload the Liveview
app.
But when the app is loaded it expects someone to push the connect
button.
How can we do that ?

On 31 Mart, 21:35, Stephen Mendez <filmmaker...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The current script will not work. I have been working to improve it but the
> new script is not finished yet.
> On Mar 31, 2011 2:11 PM, "Niklas Olofsson" <hemligs...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > So, it will not work?
>
> > On 31 mar, 19:15, Stephen Mendez <filmmaker...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >> You need the sl4a.apk and the python.apk files. It is a little
> complicated
> >> to setup but there are tutorials online. As of right now my post is
> >> invalid.  I have not updated the wiki page. I'm sorry for the
> inconvienence.
> >> If I can get it to work properly I will let you know.- Alıntıyı gizle -
>
> - Alıntıyı göster -

ilker Aktuna

Apr 4, 2011, 3:46:04 PM4/4/11
to Tasker
I've been working on this for several hours.
If I leave the script uuid, it does not connect.
If I fill it with the example from Python API browser, it connects but
right after that disconnects.
I guess it needs a connection from the Liveview application directly.
So I've created a task which kills and reloads the Liveview app.
But after being loaded it requires the user to push connect button.

any idea on doing that ?

On 31 Mart, 21:35, Stephen Mendez <filmmaker...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The current script will not work. I have been working to improve it but the
> new script is not finished yet.
> On Mar 31, 2011 2:11 PM, "Niklas Olofsson" <hemligs...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > So, it will not work?
>
> > On 31 mar, 19:15, Stephen Mendez <filmmaker...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >> You need the sl4a.apk and the python.apk files. It is a little
> complicated
> >> to setup but there are tutorials online. As of right now my post is
> >> invalid.  I have not updated the wiki page. I'm sorry for the
> inconvienence.

Stephen Mendez

Apr 7, 2011, 7:03:36 AM4/7/11
to tas...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

I guess ill need to post something on the wiki page but as of now the script does not work well. I have tried to fix it and but it has still not worked properly. As for the UUID, this needs to be included in the command. The default one is ok.
However, I believe you are correct about the liveview app needing to connect. I have a similar problem that you have experienced. I'll look through the liveview developer files and see if there needs to be some sort of different command.
As you saw, killing and restarting the app will not force a connection. For any developer, UI(user interface) scripting is not possible on a normal android device. So that means there is no way to "push" the connect button in the app through code.

I will try to update the wiki page later with the new script and corrected steps.

Sorry for the inconvienence.

ilker Aktuna

Apr 7, 2011, 2:16:09 PM4/7/11
to Tasker
Thanks for your reply.
In fact, this function should be handled by the Liveview application
itself. Why doesn't it try to reconnect (like every 10 minutes) ?

You are referring to a corrected script ? Do you have that already ?
can you share ?

what else can we do ?
my liveview gets disconnected when I go 10 meters away from the
Android device and does not reconnect in any way...

btw, do you know usage or the parameters in the following file:
/data/misc/bluetoothd/[device bt id]/linkkeys

in this file, last 2 parameters on each BT device affects how the
connection is maintained. but I don't know what number means what...

On 7 Nisan, 14:03, Stephen Mendez <filmmaker...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I guess ill need to post something on the wiki page but as of now the script
> does not work well. I have tried to fix it and but it has still not worked
> properly. As for the UUID, this needs to be included in the command. The
> default one is ok.
> However, I believe you are correct about the liveview app needing to
> connect. I have a similar problem that you have experienced. I'll look
> through the liveview developer files and see if there needs to be some sort
> of different command.
> As you saw, killing and restarting the app will not force a connection. For
> any developer, UI(user interface) scripting is not possible on a normal
> android device. So that means there is no way to "push" the connect button
> in the app through code.
>
> I will try to update the wiki page later with the new script and corrected
> steps.
>
> Sorry for the inconvienence.
> >> - Alıntıyı göster -- Alıntıyı gizle -
>
> - Alıntıyı göster -

Stephen Mendez

Apr 9, 2011, 2:02:03 AM4/9/11
to tas...@googlegroups.com

I do not know why sony ericsson has not taken these problems into account while creating the app.
Since there is no source code, or documentation on how to connect to the liveview, it is limiting what can be done.
I have need working on a sl4a script that might work. I am not actually sure how the communication works between the liveview and the phone. So I am still unaware if calling the connection from the phone will work. Once I finalize the script ill post it on the wiki and let you know.
Worst case scenerio if the sl4a idea fails, I may just attempt to make an app that handles these issues and can reconnect. However I am busy so this may be a little while. But I am fustrated by these connection issues so that will motivate me to get it done.
As for the disconnection over distance. Depending on the phone and surrounding the distance may be limited. I also do not think there is an auto connect because when it loses signal you need to manually turn the liveview on to get it to connect.
Finally, I am not sure which file you are talking about? Is this on your device? Let me know and ill look into it.

--Sent from my Droid X
Please excuse my spelling.

ilker Aktuna

Apr 10, 2011, 3:17:11 PM4/10/11
to Tasker
thanks for your answer.
that file is a configuration file of bluetoothd daemon running on
Android devices.
it may help...

On 9 Nisan, 09:02, Stephen Mendez <filmmaker...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I do not know why sony ericsson has not taken these problems into account
> while creating the app.
> Since there is no source code, or documentation on how to connect to the
> liveview, it is limiting what can be done.
> I have need working on a sl4a script that might work. I am not actually sure
> how the communication works between the liveview and the phone. So I am
> still unaware if calling the connection from the phone will work. Once I
> finalize the script ill post it on the wiki and let you know.
> Worst case scenerio if the sl4a idea fails, I may just attempt to make an
> app that handles these issues and can reconnect. However I am busy so this
> may be a little while. But I am fustrated by these connection issues so that
> will motivate me to get it done.
> As for the disconnection over distance. Depending on the phone and
> surrounding the distance may be limited. I also do not think there is an
> auto connect because when it loses signal you need to manually turn the
> liveview on to get it to connect.
> Finally, I am not sure which file you are talking about? Is this on your
> device? Let me know and ill look into it.
>
> --Sent from my Droid X
> Please excuse my spelling.

Stephen Mendez

Apr 12, 2011, 9:36:06 PM4/12/11
to tas...@googlegroups.com

Just as an update, after the latest LiveView application software update, the connection problem has been greatly fixed. For the time I had been using he device it actually never noticably disconnected. Let me know if the update changed things for you too.

ilker Aktuna

Apr 13, 2011, 2:51:40 PM4/13/11
to Tasker
which update ? I've made the updateon februrary. is there a newer
one ?

Stephen Mendez

Apr 13, 2011, 5:41:34 PM4/13/11
to tas...@googlegroups.com

There was an update to the liveview app. The change said it "improved stability" or something like that.

ilker Aktuna

Apr 19, 2011, 2:37:25 PM4/19/11
to Tasker
it's the old update. yes it helps a little byt when I go away from the
android device, I still lose the connection and it doesn't reconnect
automatically.
Stephen,

Do you have any updates ?

Max Jacobi

Apr 24, 2011, 1:37:09 PM4/24/11
to Tasker
got this thing today from my parents, using a milestone with cm7 i
would really love to get a fix

Philips

Apr 24, 2011, 6:28:48 PM4/24/11
to tas...@googlegroups.com
If it needs that button to be pushed, can't you simply emulate it?

Look it up. Dunno whever it will help, but I hope it will.

Filmmakerc14

Apr 27, 2011, 10:16:51 AM4/27/11
to Tasker
This unfortunataly requires rooting to be done. I do not plan on doing
this but if anyone wants to try it, let me know.

As for an update to getting this to work, I am currently working on
creating a simple app that will hopefully be able to reconnect when
the connection is lost.
Since the connection problems occur after going out of range or loss
of signal, the app will just call for a connection to be made until
there is a connection. It will not make the connection any better, but
it hopefully will help the reconnection to be less noticable.

ilker Aktuna

May 1, 2011, 8:30:54 AM5/1/11
to Tasker
good idea ?
when will you be able to create it ?

ilker Aktuna

Jun 2, 2011, 1:21:46 PM6/2/11
to Tasker
is this abandoned ?
is there any hope ?

On 27 Nisan, 17:16, Filmmakerc14 <filmmaker...@gmail.com> wrote:
Message has been deleted

BossMan

Jun 2, 2011, 4:22:27 PM6/2/11
to Tasker

Fixing subject...

Stephen Mendez

Jun 2, 2011, 4:34:35 PM6/2/11
to tas...@googlegroups.com

Sorry for the long wait. I have just had limited time to work on this idea. Since a few people are interested, I will keep trying to establish something. Mabey this weekend I might make something up. Ill let everyone know the latest news.

ilker Aktuna

Jun 9, 2011, 2:03:08 PM6/9/11
to Tasker
please :)
that would be very helpful for the liveview users.

ilker Aktuna

Jun 21, 2011, 1:53:25 PM6/21/11
to Tasker
any updates ?

p.s: I am not intending to rush. Just wondering if there's any good
news.

> > Sorry for the long wait. I have just had limited time to work on this idea.
> > Since a few people are interested, I will keep trying to establish
> > something. Mabey this weekend I might make something up. Ill let everyone
> > know the latest news.- Alıntıyı gizle -
>
> - Alıntıyı göster -

b...@kahwoo.com

Oct 7, 2011, 3:21:08 AM10/7/11
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Bumping this.
Phone pairs with N1 Cyanogen mod, but liveview gives a new pair key each time it tries to connect
It may have something to do with the liveview app not staying in the phones memory?

dikkie

Mar 1, 2012, 8:27:35 AM3/1/12
to tas...@googlegroups.com
As long as your phone is rooted you can manually change the link parameters to stop it asking for a new pair key, you'll also need to use automateIt to ensure the liveview app is running when LV is connected: