Please explain %HTTPD Variable Sets to Me

Gucca

Jun 20, 2011, 8:22:02 AM6/20/11
to Tasker
Could someone please explain to be how %HTTPD variables work?
I think I understand how you break items up but for the life of me
can't understand how you recall the section you want.

Say my get feed is: "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog."

Then my splitter is "jumped" for the Variable split %HTTPD
Everything before the splitter is %HTTPD1 "The quick brown fox"
Everything after the splitter is %HTTPD2 "over the lazy dog"

Am I correct so far?

Then if I further split %HTTPD1 with "quick"
%HTTPD11 = "The"
%HTTPD12 = "brown fox"

etc etc.

However, I don't get if say I wanted to use a Variable Set called
%SENTENCE to return any of the above combinations what it would be.
For instance
%SENTENCE from %HTTPD21 vs. %SENTENCE from %HTTPD221

or if I wanted %SENTENCE to return "The over the lazy dog brown fox"

I hope I made my request clear, thanks in advance for any assistance.

Pent

Jun 20, 2011, 11:34:43 AM6/20/11
to Tasker
> Am I correct so far?

Yes.

> However, I don't get if say I wanted to use a Variable Set called
> %SENTENCE to return any of the above combinations what it would be.

You can join parts up just be including the relevant varaibles:

Variable Set %SENTENCE, %HTTPD21 %HTTPD221

If that's what you mean.

Pent

Gucca

Jun 20, 2011, 12:05:17 PM6/20/11
to Tasker
Pent thanks for the quick reply.
The bit that is escaping me is what the heck is %HTTPD21 or %HTTPD221
I don't understand what it is referencing.
If, using my above example of the quick brown fox, what would %HTTPD21
return?
Which splits are the numbers in the Variable Set referencing?
Like how to I reference split %HTTPD1 or split %HTTPD12

I'm sure there is a logic here I'm just missing.

TW

Jun 20, 2011, 12:28:10 PM6/20/11
to Tasker
if you don't split %HTTPD2 any further there will be no %HTTPD21 or
%HTTPD221
you split %HTTPD into %HTTPD1 & %HTTPD2
if you wanted %SENTENCE to return "The over the lazy dog brown fox"
you would need to Variable Set %SENTENCE, %HTTPD11 %HTTPD2 %HTTPD12