Possible to use wildcards in Copy File task?

OhioGuy67

Jan 10, 2011, 5:26:02 AM1/10/11
to Tasker
Is there a way to use a wildcard in the Copy File task? I'm trying to
make a backup copy of the contents of a directory and the files in
that directory are dynamic, but all have the same extension.

Scott Miller

Jan 10, 2011, 8:25:11 AM1/10/11
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I tried to use the file copy tasks also, but they wouldn't work at all for me. I solved it using the free Locale Execute plugin, using it to launch a script file. Wildcards fully supported this way.

In the Locale Execute plugin, it simply runs the command:
     sh /sdcard/scripts/n.sh

And in the script file n.sh, it simply runs the command:
   cp /sdcard/media/notify_night/*.* /sdcard/media/notifications

I use this concept so that I have silent notifications at certain times of day. I use a similar process to restore the notifications. It has been working perfectly since I did it this way. Root not needed as long as the file operation is on the sdcard. If you need root, phone must be rooted first, then put a ! in front of the Locale Execute command.

--
Scott