Tasker crashes Droid X when toggling GPS

Kache

Aug 19, 2010, 12:51:04 AM8/19/10
to Tasker
I haven't been able to find a fix through several Google searches so I
came here. My goal was to turn on my phone's GPS when certain
applications opened. It works a few times but eventually my phone
starts to lag up. Then I open an application and the gps either turns
on and doesn't turn off or it stays off. Both situations make Quick
Settings either not open or show up as a blank screen. My GPS toggle
also dies. Then my phone restarts. The GPS toggle is the only one that
I can recreate the problem with. My other profiles seem to work just
fine. Am I doing something wrong or am I just unlucky?

Pent

Aug 19, 2010, 1:26:01 AM8/19/10
to Tasker
Hi Brian,
That Droid X keeps cropping up in the problem reports.

I'm going to assume this is one of:

a) a problem with Droid X leaking something every time GPS goes on /
off
b) an interaction with some other software that you might have
installed

If you toggle GPS manually a fair few times, does it start to lag ?

Pent

mmarti16

Aug 19, 2010, 7:37:20 PM8/19/10
to Tasker
For what its worth...I have an X and I do not have an issue when
tasker toggles my GPS off. I created the "lost phone" task provided
by lifehacker.com. I have tested it several times and my X has not
had any issues I can see.

Kache

Aug 19, 2010, 10:11:25 PM8/19/10
to Tasker
I tried toggling (did it kinda fast) several times as suggested and my
X restarted. Must be something wrong with the X software.

Pent

Aug 20, 2010, 1:09:29 AM8/20/10
to Tasker
On Aug 20, 3:11 am, Kache <cbr4tig...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried toggling (did it kinda fast) several times as suggested and my
> X restarted. Must be something wrong with the X software.

Thanks for the info.

Pent

Kache

Sep 23, 2010, 1:56:33 PM9/23/10
to Tasker
As an update, it appears that the issue has been fixed in the recent
software release.

Pent

Sep 23, 2010, 2:03:27 PM9/23/10
to Tasker
Ah great, hope they fixed the media volume thing as well.

Pent