Gingerbread - Task event new sms/mms not firing

Phonoflux

Apr 5, 2011, 10:22:54 PM4/5/11
to Tasker
Hi Guys

It seems that on the gingerbread rom i'm running (MIUI) that events
that are to go off when a new sms is receieved are not working.

The task itself works just fine but cannot get anything to happen on a
new sms event.

Anyone else come across this?

Cheers,
Mike

Pent

Apr 12, 2011, 8:44:41 AM4/12/11
to Tasker
> It seems that on the gingerbread rom i'm running (MIUI) that events
> that are to go off when a new sms is receieved are not working.

Try a very simple profile:

Received Text (no parameters filled in), action Alert / Flash Hello.

If that doesn't work it's almost definitely your ROM, sorry.

Pent

David

Apr 17, 2011, 8:36:07 PM4/17/11
to Tasker
I have the same problem. I am running MIUI as well. All my profiles
used to work until I installed.

Phonoflux

Apr 16, 2011, 9:27:29 PM4/16/11
to Tasker
Yep, tried simple stuff like that :( I thought as much too. Will talk
to rom peeps.

Cheers

Pent

Apr 19, 2011, 9:35:23 AM4/19/11
to Tasker
> Yep, tried simple stuff like that :( I thought as much too. Will talk
> to rom peeps.

BTW, I'm not saying it's a *problem* with your ROM necessarily. Merely
that they may handle
text storage differently, or via a DB with a different name or
similar.

I can't code for every possible future variation that ROM developers
might come up with unfortunately.

Pent

Phonoflux

Apr 26, 2011, 2:10:44 AM4/26/11
to Tasker
Yo Pent

I tried to get some help from the peeps who make the rom but no go.
MIUI is translated from Chinese so the guys who translate it have no
idea of the inner workings (well, not enough to be able to answer my
questions)

Is there any file structure I could paste you, commands I could run,
or anything to make it super easy for you to add capability? I'd be
sooo happy and I know of at least 3 other people who would
figuratively hump your leg :)

Cheers,
Mike

Pent

Apr 28, 2011, 2:55:28 PM4/28/11
to Tasker
> Is there any file structure I could paste you, commands I could run,
> or anything to make it super easy for you to add capability? I'd be
> sooo happy and I know of at least 3 other people who would
> figuratively hump your leg :)

Sorry, the time-investment versus users-benefitting ratio is very
poor in this case :-(

Pent