Galaxy S Battery Full Notification

Dave F

Nov 12, 2010, 9:14:08 AM11/12/10
to Tasker
Hi all,

Have done a search on the group, but not found much to help me. On the
Samsung Galaxy S phone, when the battery is charged it displays a
notification. I want Tasker to automatically clear the notification as
I really don't care its full, and its taking up status bar space!

When the notification triggers, the following is flashed in the status
bar: "Battery fully charged." then it clears, then "Unplug charger".

In the notification pull down, its shown as a battery icon, with
"Info" next to it, then "Battery fully charged. Unplug charger" as the
text below.

I set up a profile in Tasker for a Notification event, I don't know
who the owner is (any way to find out ?), but with Info for the Title
string.

I then set up the task to Notify Cancel.... ah, may have just spotted
why it doesn't work - help says it can only cancel notifications
created by Tasker - bugger.

Assuming thats why its not working, any other suggestions ? Its so
bloody irritating!

Pent

Nov 13, 2010, 6:58:26 AM11/13/10
to Tasker

> I then set up the task to Notify Cancel.... ah, may have just spotted
> why it doesn't work - help says it can only cancel notifications
> created by Tasker - bugger.

That's it, Android won't let you fiddle with other apps bits and
pieces.

> Assuming thats why its not working, any other suggestions ? Its so
> bloody irritating!

Can't turn it off in settings somewhere ?

Pent

Rudolf

Nov 13, 2010, 8:45:22 AM11/13/10
to Tasker
Make Tasker notify you when the battery is at 99% and then quickly
unplug it. ;-)

clayton.chu

Nov 14, 2010, 2:10:37 AM11/14/10
to Tasker
Nope, you can't turn it off..

Some custom ROMs rebuild the framework and rip the notification out
entirely. Check out the XDA forums if you'd like to try that stuff.
Typically requires root and a good working knowledge of how to use
Clockwork Recovery, Odin, etc... not for the faint of heart.

cat logic

Nov 23, 2010, 12:56:53 PM11/23/10
to Tasker
Yeah, I hate that thing. I plug the phone in before I go to bed &
wake up in the middde if the night to a bright screen. Hopefully,
Samsung 's next update will kill that.

I also think it's redundant. Don't these batteries have overcharge
safety on them?