Notification Profiles

orliville

Aug 24, 2010, 1:31:07 PM8/24/10
to Tasker
I've been hitting my head against the wall on this one for a few
days. I basically want to create a time-based notification context(s)
that do the following:

1) From 17:00 to 08:00 (M T W TH F) - Turn off notifications for email
(Exchange and Gmail) only. Phone must still ring and SMS message must
still alert me.
2) From 08:00 to 17:00 (M T W TH F) - All notifications are on.
Phone, Email, and SMS will be on like normal
3) From 17:00 on Friday to 08:00 on Monday (the weekend) - Turn off
notifications for email (Exchange and Gmail) only. Phone must still
ring and SMS message must still alert me.

Here's are my current contexts and tasks:

1) From 17:00 Till 08:00/M-F
Notification volume = 0; Vibrate on notify = off; Notification Pulse =
off
Exit task: Notification volume = 6; Vibrate on notify = on;
Notification Pulse = on

2) From 00:00 Till 23:59/S-S

#1 works fine. #2 does not work at all. All sounds are reset in the
evening when I have the phone is plugged in and I still get alerted
when I'm trying to sleep (really annoying). And, yes I know the times
aren't perfect for my objective. I chose those times just as a
temporary test.

The problem is, when I set the notification volume to 0, I lose SMS
notifications using the Star Trek Red Alert Klaxon mp3 (need to wake
me out of a deep sleep). Is there a way around this? The main reason
why I need the SMS notifications, is that I have Exchange rules that
send business critical emails to SMS so that I won't miss them. Most
of my email can be addressed the next day, but these SMS alerts
usually need immediate attention.

So to sum up, the end goal is this: 1) No email notifications from
17:00-08:00 M-F and all day on S-S. 2) I need all phone calls to come
in normally (Ring tone + Vibrate) 24/7. 3) I need all SMS messages to
come in normally (Klaxon + Vibrate) 24/7. Make sense?

b2barker

Aug 24, 2010, 7:40:41 PM8/24/10
to Tasker
What about:
Profile 1:
Context : Time 800-1700 Mon - Fri
Entry Task : Set %Notific = 1
Exit Task : Clear %Notific

Profile 2:
Context : Variable %Notific is set
Entry Task : Notification volume = 6; Vibrate on notify = on;
Notification Pulse = on
Exit Task : Notification volume = 0; Vibrate on notify = off;
Notification Pulse = off

Profile 3:
Context 1 : Variable %Notific is NOT set
Context 2 : State : Event>Phone>Received SMS
Entry Task : Notification volume = 6; Vibrate on notify = on;
Notification Pulse = on; Alert>Notify LED Name= SMS; Wait 1s;
Alert>Notify Vibrate Name= SMS; Wait 1s; ; Alert>Notify Sound Name=
SMS file=klaxon thing
Exit Task : Notification volume = 0; Vibrate on notify = off;
Notification Pulse = off

So, you only have one time range were notifications are normal. At all
other times notification is silent. When SMS comes in the third
profile turns on notification and makes some noise