eliminating the screen lock

mh

Aug 1, 2010, 2:05:29 AM8/1/10
to Tasker
I am trying to program my Motorola Droid to bypass the swipe to unlock
the phone when I turn the screen on. I tried to do in two ways, but
was unsuccessful:

Method 1) Context: Display on. Task: keyguard off.

Method 2) Context: Time between 00:01 through 23:59. Task: keyguard
off.

Do any of you know why neither method works?

Thanks!

Stefan Sarzio

Aug 1, 2010, 8:28:51 AM8/1/10
to Tasker
I couldn't get it to work reliable - this was on older versions. Thus
I use MyLock from the market.

IIRC it sometimes gets reset by Android.

mh

Aug 1, 2010, 10:19:41 AM8/1/10
to Tasker
After playing with ut for hours, I finally found a solution:
I set a profile with both contexts, (a) display on, and (b) time
between 00:01 through 23:59.
For task I put in keyguard lock off.

Please test and let me know if it worksfor you!

mh

Aug 1, 2010, 12:25:11 PM8/1/10
to Tasker
Actually, it worked for a little, but now it's no longer working
again. Strange.

David Cochran

Aug 1, 2010, 1:59:54 PM8/1/10
to Tasker
I'm currently using Froyo, and I find it happens pretty sporatically
as well. I'm not sure what version of Android you're running, but
according to one of the Locale plugins, the ability to do this was
closed in Froyo.

Tim Kynerd

Aug 1, 2010, 3:25:31 PM8/1/10
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I've been using the AutoLock application for a while (it
"suspends" screen locking for as long as you set) and I've noticed
that it no longer seems to work in Froyo.

mh

Aug 1, 2010, 6:32:02 PM8/1/10
to Tasker
I'm using Motorola Droid running 2.1.

I've been using AutoLock, but I was hoping to get Tasker to accomplish
the dame thing and have one less app running.

David Cochran

Aug 2, 2010, 7:54:04 AM8/2/10
to Tasker
Here's an updated plug-in that supposedly works with froyo. I haven't
had much luck with it. Maybe you will.

http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/3539-locale-lockscreen-froyo-plugin/
Message has been deleted

mh

Aug 2, 2010, 12:59:21 PM8/2/10
to Tasker
I'm really hoping someone can figure out why Tasker is unable to do
this.

jdplants

Aug 2, 2010, 1:54:04 PM8/2/10
to Tasker
I set up a widget to Keyguard:Toggle (instead of on or off) and it
works fine for me. I haven't set up a profile to do this at specific
times, but it might be a makeshift solution for you. I'm using an LG
Ally with 2.1.

J.J.

Aug 2, 2010, 2:36:21 PM8/2/10
to Tasker
I also have a screen lock widget which toggles (that i made) and it
works 100% of the time. All the ones from the market were
inconsistent.

One thing you may consider is anytime a state changes, Android may
try to reset or reinstate some settings. So, if you always want your
keygaurd off, then add Keygaurd Off to all of your Enter and Exit
tasks for all reasonable states (keyboard out, keyboard in, powered,
unplugged, phone idle, incoming call, on boot... whatever you can
think of) that way tasker will overwrite whatever Android OS wants to
do on it's own.

Remember, Tasker has only so much control over the OS. Android OS can
do whatever it wants to overthrow something else running.

mh

Aug 2, 2010, 3:41:24 PM8/2/10
to Tasker
Ok, I put in both tasks: Keyguard toggle and Keyguard off. It works
consistenly well!

I am on Android 2.1, so I'm curious to hear if this will work on Froyo
2.2.

mh

Aug 5, 2010, 9:39:33 AM8/5/10
to Tasker
Follow up:
The profile still works. However, as an unintended consenquence, the
screen turns on when any hardware button is pressed. This includes the
camera button, and both volume buttons. As a result, the phone gets
turned on in my pocket and sends e-mails to non-existent addresses or
pocket-dials unwanted parties at unwanted hours.

In any case, I am expecting an upgrade to Froyo in the very near
future, and it appears no one has yet figured out how to disable the
keygaurd lock Froyo.

David Cochran

Aug 9, 2010, 11:06:41 AM8/9/10
to Tasker
Did you look at my link I posted a few responses up? I've actually
had great success with it now. The problem I had earlier was an error
in my context, not the plugin. I'm running Froyo.