My New Lockscreen using Tasker/Zoom/WidgetLocker (Work In Progress)

Tye

Jul 23, 2011, 2:03:44 PM7/23/11
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,
I've been working on this off and on for about a week and it's finally to a point where I thought I'd show it to others.
The lockscreen uses Tasker, Zoom and WidgetLocker and is designed to give me all my most important info at a glance as soon as I turn on my phone. There are some dedicated programs that do this like Executive Assistant but they all limited what I wanted (like no owner info or weather or battery stats). So, I rolled my own and I'm pretty happy with it.

Instead of separating my notifications into groups everything gets added to the stream and new items are added at the top. Tasker handles all the notification ticker captures and feeds it to Zoom.
The blue text at the top is generic and can be changed by SMS so my girlfriend gets her own banner on my lockscreen. This is a work in progress as I'm also adding a Tasker shortcut that will allow me to add any generic text. It's planned use is as a "sticky note" for whatever.
The red text is my owner info. Hopefully, if someone with a conscience finds my phone, this will help me get it back. I plan on making this text changeable to via sms and email.
The weather updates every 30 minutes. Plans are to add a follow function but I need to figure out how to get Tasker to know which Zip Code I'm in. Thanks to everyone who helped me with my weather questions last week. That thread pointed me in the right direction and taught me HTTPD and splitting. Extremely useful and appreciated.
The battery stats are a straightforward. Total remaining, estimated hours left (simple average, no rolling last hour - but that's in the works). Also, time and percentage when removed from charger or put on to the charger.
Finally, in the other screen shot I've added translucent music controls. They only appear when I'm using MOG and use intents to control the music player. There are other widgets that are available on the lockscreen but I think they're mostly all dedicated widgets so even if they disappear you still lose that valuable screen real estate. With my method, all the screen is still usable but you get more functionality.

That's it in this current version. I've got some more ideas (I REALLY need a way to get Gmail sender and subjects!!!). If anyone has any cool ideas or things that might fit with the theme (info at a glance) I'd love to hear them!
For the next version, I want to add more/better weather (follow me function). Times that display with a colon instead of Tasker's decimal format.

Oh, and lastly, I'm NOT a graphic designer. Any asthetic input would also be appreciated!
ScreenShot No Controls.jpg
ScreenShot Music Controls.jpg

RogueSpear

Jul 24, 2011, 12:57:39 AM7/24/11
to Tasker
Wow, that's pretty sweet looking. Great work!

Decalex

Jul 24, 2011, 3:07:46 PM7/24/11
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Ah wish I could see the preview on the mobile version. It sounds awesome though. I'm a graphic designer, and will definitely give feedback once I can see it :)

konradwalsh

Jul 25, 2011, 4:31:10 AM7/25/11
to Tasker
well done... that looks fantastic..
will you be sharing?
>  ScreenShot No Controls.jpg
> 139KViewDownload
>
>  ScreenShot Music Controls.jpg
> 137KViewDownload

Tye

Jul 25, 2011, 6:19:24 PM7/25/11
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I'm glad to hear others think it's promising.
I will likely post the tasks after I get it cleaned up a bit. This has been a learning experience and some of the tasks are pretty convoluted.

Tye

Jul 25, 2011, 6:21:42 PM7/25/11
to tas...@googlegroups.com
That would be great. Thank you!

konradwalsh

Jul 26, 2011, 6:05:12 AM7/26/11
to Tasker
well..if you want help cleaning it up.. i don't mind what condition
its in.. I would love to learn what you've done..

phanmo

Aug 13, 2011, 8:06:58 AM8/13/11
to Tasker
Looks really nice!
How did you grab the ticker text from notifications? I can get it if
there isn't a title by using %NTITLE but I can't figure out how to get
it if there is one.