SL4A Locale Plugin

baudi

Oct 10, 2010, 8:42:42 PM10/10/10
to Tasker
When Pent discovered a few weeks ago that the Locale plugin for SL4A
release 2 didn't work with Tasker, he asked if anybody had tried it
with Locale. As far as I know, nobody ever answered that question.
Tonight, I verified that it doesn't work with Locale either.

Frustrating. I really wish they would fix it so that we can start
using it with Tasker. It would open up so many possibilities,
especially if Tasker implements parameter passing. For example, it
would be trivially easy to do your own speech recognition with this
capability. Really. Three lines of code. It's possible now, just
harder and kludgier and you have to use SL4A release 1, which I
suppose to be less capable that release 2.

If anybody wants to register their interest in getting it fixed,
please go to the SL4A issue tracker and Star it.

Here's the link: http://code.google.com/p/android-scripting/issues/detail?id=428

Maybe if enough people Star the issue, the SL4A team will be more
motivated to fix it.