Incoming calls always vibrate

已查看 220 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Tom A

未读,
2010年10月4日 15:19:362010/10/4
收件人 Tasker
Tasker changes the volume when a call comes in but the ringer
continues to vibrate. I can see the vibrate mode turned off and the
ringer volume changed to 7. But once the phone starts ringing jn
vibrate its like it is stuck kn that mode.

UncleMike

未读,
2010年10月4日 16:19:322010/10/4
收件人 Tasker
The vibrate icon in the notification bar only indicates when the
silent mode is set to vibrate. If the phone is still vibrating when a
call comes in you'll need set Vibrate On Ringer to OFF.

Tom A

未读,
2010年10月4日 17:47:092010/10/4
收件人 Tasker
Yes, i do have that set. I have

Vibrate On ringer off
Silent mode off
Ringer volume 7

I set up display notification and i can see the vibrate icon go away
and then the popup showing the volume changed to 7 but the phone only
vibrates. Thanks

BossMan

未读,
2010年10月5日 04:13:422010/10/5
收件人 Tasker
What exactly do you want to achieve? If you want to turn off the
already running vibrator, you might try "phone->silence ringer" action
- though I think it will silence the ringtone as well. Changing
settings is not good enough if the phone is already ringing.

BR,
A.

Tom A

未读,
2010年10月5日 07:48:232010/10/5
收件人 Tasker
Im trying to set up a time based ringing profile. I havent got to
the time part yet because i cant get the ringing part to work. The
weird thing is i am able to get another profile working for sms
messages but not this one for ringer volume.

Profile: IncomingC
State: Incoming Call
Enter: Max Ring Volume
Execute, Abort New Task
A0: Vibrate On Ringer [ Set:Off ]
A1: Silent Mode [ Mode:Off ]
A2: Ringer Volume [ Level:7 Display: Sound: ]

Tom A

未读,
2010年10月5日 07:51:442010/10/5
收件人 Tasker
I also forgot to mention that i plan on allowing callers on favorites
to over ride a silent or vibrate setting which is why i based it on
incoming call.

UncleMike

未读,
2010年10月5日 10:45:082010/10/5
收件人 Tasker
What you're trying to do *CAN* be done - I'm doing something very
similar on my Droid:

Context: Incoming Call
Enter Task:
Silent Mode Off
Vibrate On Ringer On
Wait 4 seconds
Ringer Volume 3
Wait 4 seconds
Ringer Volume 5
Wait 4 seconds
Ringer Volume 7

I don't think this will make a difference since you're visibly seeing
the indicator change, but the task priority for mine is set at 10.
已删除帖子

Tom A

未读,
2010年10月5日 11:58:542010/10/5
收件人 Tasker

I set the task priority to 10 with the same result.

Put phone on vibrate.   Call phone.   Phone vibrates.   See vibrate

icon go off.   See ringer volume go to 7.  Phone continues to vibrate

until the call is answered or ignored.

Put phone on silent.   Call phone.   Phone is silent.   See silent

icon go off.   See ringer volume go to 7.  Phone continues to be

silent until the call is answered or ignored.

Put phone on ring level 1.   Call phone.   See

ringer volume go to 7.  Phone rings at level 7. It works.

It has something to do with vibrate and silent.   Seems like some kind

of bug if it works fine when you start at a ring level other than

zero.

BTW.   Running rooted droid incredible.

Tom A

未读,
2010年10月6日 16:10:392010/10/6
收件人 Tasker
Anyone else having this problem?

UncleMike

未读,
2010年10月6日 16:31:122010/10/6
收件人 Tasker
The only thing I can think of is that the problem is device-specific

Tom A

未读,
2010年10月6日 20:18:252010/10/6
收件人 Tasker
Thats what i think. Hopefully the dev will see this thread.

Pent

未读,
2010年10月7日 04:23:432010/10/7
收件人 Tasker

> Thats what i think.   Hopefully the dev will see this thread.#

Hello :-)

I didn't see the answer to bossman's question 'what are you trying to
achieve' ?
You say 'time based ringer profile', but what should the profile do ?

Thanks,

Pent

Tom A

未读,
2010年10月7日 06:43:062010/10/7
收件人 Tasker
I am turning the ringer on and off during certain times of the day
while allowing callers in my fav to ring at full volume regardless of
what time it is or what the ringer volume is set at.

Pent

未读,
2010年10月7日 07:07:202010/10/7
收件人 Tasker
> I am turning the ringer on and off during certain times of the day
> while allowing callers in my fav to ring at full volume regardless of
> what time it is or what the ringer volume is set at.

OK. So when you get a call from the favourites, you want the phone
ringing, but
without vibration ?

You have:

Profile: IncomingC
State: Incoming Call
Enter: Max Ring Volume
Execute, Abort New Task
A0: Vibrate On Ringer [ Set:Off ]
A1: Silent Mode [ Mode:Off ]
A2: Ringer Volume [ Level:7 Display: Sound: ]

I would change Vibrate on Ringer *after* turning off Silent Mode.
Silent Mode is the king.

Does that help ?

Pent

UncleMike

未读,
2010年10月7日 08:30:232010/10/7
收件人 Tasker
Why didn't I think of that?

Pent

未读,
2010年10月7日 08:39:232010/10/7
收件人 Tasker
> Why didn't I think of that?

Getting old even faster than I am ?

Pent

Tom A

未读,
2010年10月7日 08:57:342010/10/7
收件人 Tasker
Changed as you said and same results.

Don

未读,
2010年10月7日 10:55:192010/10/7
收件人 Tasker
I have the same problem on my desire 2.2
It seems the phone remembers the incoming call level and keeps the
currently incoming call at that level even when you disable silent
mode. I also notice you can't change the volume level with the hard
buttons when the call is incoming?

Pent

未读,
2010年10月7日 13:12:352010/10/7
收件人 Tasker
OK, then thanks for the input Don.

To the OP: why are you setting the ringer volume to 1 before
going to silent mode ? Silent Mode stops the ringer anyway.

Pent

Tom A

未读,
2010年10月7日 13:36:402010/10/7
收件人 Tasker
Im not setting it to silent and then 1. Ive tried 3 different
scenerios to test/troubleshoot. One starts at silent and goes to 7
when phone rings. The other from vibrate to 7. Both of these stay
at the original setting when a call comes in. The third starts at 1
and goes to 7. This one works fine. It has something to do with
silent and vibrate. In either of these initial modes, a call comes
in and i can see my phone volume change to 7 but whati actually hear
is where it started, either vibrate or silent.

Pent

未读,
2010年10月8日 08:38:192010/10/8
收件人 Tasker
I mean, why are you setting the ringer volume at all ?

Silent Mode should remember the previous volume.

So if your phone is at vol 7, you set silent mode, then disable
it, it should be back at 7.

Pent

Tom A

未读,
2010年10月8日 08:59:452010/10/8
收件人 Tasker
To correct the volume from accidental changes from the hard buttons
since the hard buttons cant be disabled. Does tasker support
changing from vibrate or silent to a ringer volume when an incoming
call is happening?

Tom A

未读,
2010年10月8日 09:21:582010/10/8
收件人 Tasker
So i unserstand what you are saying... the bottom two profiles should
work?

Profile: Test Off
Event: Display Off
Enter: 19
Execute, Abort New Task
A0: Silent Mode [ Mode:On ]

Profile: Test On
Event: Phone Ringing
Enter: 15
Execute, Abort New Task
A0: Silent Mode [ Mode:Off ]

I set my ringer at 7, turned display off which does enable silenr
mode, when phone rings, i see silent mode go off and the phone
visabley ring but i can not hear it ringing.

Pent

未读,
2010年10月8日 09:24:452010/10/8
收件人 Tasker
Well it works for me (N1, 2.2) (also lifting the volume from 1 after
disabling silent mode), seems some devices act differently in this
respect
then.

Pent
已删除帖子

Tom A

未读,
2010年10月8日 10:33:192010/10/8
收件人 Tasker
So i bought tasker specifically for this ability and it doesn't work

on a dinc 2.2.   Is that the bottom line?   No way to make this
work?

BTW, ive used a program called ring scheduler which controls the
volume at certain times and it has no problem from going from silent
to a volume level so i know this can work. I switched to tasker to
have more options. Thanks.

UncleMike

未读,
2010年10月8日 10:52:552010/10/8
收件人 Tasker
Tasker can do these things, but as Pent said, some devices behave
differently. I don't know of any reports of Tasker being unable to
change volumes in general. As I understand it, the problem you're
having is that Tasker is making the changes (you see the icon changes
in the notification bar), but the device is not altering its behavior
accordingly while the phone is ringing.

UncleMike

未读,
2010年10月8日 10:55:342010/10/8
收件人 Tasker
I'm not sure what this was in response to, but if you're looking to
correct accidental changes your volume levels, and have an active
profile that controls your volume, try adding these:

Profile 1
Context: Display Off
Task:
Variable Set %RESTOREVOL = 1

Profile 2
Context: Variable Value %RESTOREVOL = 1
Enter Task:
Silent Mode Off If %RESTOREVOL < 0
Notification Volume %VOLN
Vibrate on Notify Off If %RESTOREVOL < 0
Ringer Volume %VOLR
Vibrate on Ringer Off If %RESTOREVOL < 0
Variable Clear %RESTOREVOL

This set of profiles tricks Tasker into reapplying the volume settings
for the currently active profile every time the display turns off.

Tom A

未读,
2010年10月8日 11:05:132010/10/8
收件人 Tasker
Yes, i understand my device acts differently to tasker but maybe
there is a different way tasker can do its thing with respect to
volume? Like i said i know it can be done because i have used ring
scheduler to accomplish this.

Also thanks for the profiles but here is the problem. Say i have a
silent profile active, and i get a call from one of my favs which is
supposed to over ride a silent profile and ring, my phone will not
ring because of this issue of phones acting differently. If tasker
was designed around the phone i am using, would that mean other
hardware might not work then or would the feature be scrapped or a
different way to adjust volumes would be designed? Thanks.

UncleMike

未读,
2010年10月8日 16:37:182010/10/8
收件人 Tasker
I can't say what changes are possible or likely to occur in Tasker.

Ring Scheduler appears to adjust the ringer volume based on time and
day. Are you saying that Ring Scheduler changes your volume while the
phone is ringing and the ringer volume changes to affect the currently
incoming call?

Do Tasker's volume changes actually work (change the volume/vibration,
and not just affect which icons appear) on your device when the ringer
is not ringing?

Tom A

未读,
2010年10月8日 17:27:122010/10/8
收件人 Tasker
Yes with RingScheduler i can have the volume on silent, get a call
from a number i define as a exception and if that person calls it will
change the volume from silent to whatever level i choose.

Tasker actually does change the volume but you can only hear tje phone
ring if the phone is at level one or higher. If you start at
silent, tasker removes silent mode and changes the volume level but
you can not hear the phone ring.

Tom A

未读,
2010年10月10日 07:31:492010/10/10
收件人 Tasker
Is anyone else with an Incredible or a HTC having this problem?

Pent

未读,
2010年10月10日 08:23:022010/10/10
收件人 Tasker
Ahhhh that's what a Dinc is !

Pent

Tom A

未读,
2010年10月10日 08:52:292010/10/10
收件人 Tasker
Does that help answer any questions as to why it's not working?

UncleMike

未读,
2010年10月10日 09:26:342010/10/10
收件人 Tasker
Is it maybe a conflict with Ring Scheduler? Is Ring Scheduler enabled
when you're testing Tasker?

Tom A

未读,
2010年10月10日 11:16:462010/10/10
收件人 Tasker
Ring scheduler has been Uninstalled since the beginning. I was just
referrencing it to show that the problem is related to tasker amd not
my phone.

Tom A

未读,
2010年10月11日 08:49:522010/10/11
收件人 Tasker
Can anyone with an Incredible or a HTC confirm this does work on their
phone?

Tom A

未读,
2010年10月11日 17:47:472010/10/11
收件人 Tasker
So it seems like im on my own here. Dev says it works on his phone
so its good. Oh well wish i would have realized this before i paid
for tasker.

Pent

未读,
2010年10月11日 17:55:522010/10/11
收件人 Tasker
> So it seems like im on my own here.   Dev says it works on his phone
> so its good.

No, just nothing I can do about it immediately. I'm juggling a lot of
plates ATM
trying to get a new stable release out.

>   Oh well wish i would have realized this before i paid
> for tasker.

I'm happy to refund you and sorry that your time was wasted, just send
me your Google order number/Paypal transaction ID.

Pent

Johan

未读,
2010年10月28日 15:08:592010/10/28
收件人 Tasker
Bump.

I have the exact same problem on my Samsung Galaxy S, 2.2.
I can see that it changes the silent and ringer volume settings but it
does not have any effect on the already incoming call. Btw, I have the
same issue with Locale.

Johan

未读,
2010年10月29日 03:58:462010/10/29
收件人 Tasker
I've tried som other applications now:
Auto Ring - You can set a white list of people that overrides silent/
vibrate mode. This is "all" it can do but it works perfectly and is a
great complement to tasker that fails to do this.
Setting Profiles - Also works as expected, you can create a profile
based on incoming calls from contacts/groups that turns off silent/
vibrate and sets a new ringer volume. Available in a free lite version
that only handles one profile/rule.

For now I can continue use Tasker along with Auto Ring, but it would
be great if a fix could be made so Tasker handles this in a correct
way by itself.

Tom A

未读,
2010年10月30日 08:11:362010/10/30