Silence/Delete SMS from specifik number depending on calendar entry

Alfafa

Nov 23, 2010, 9:09:29 AM11/23/10
to Tasker
Hi

I tried looking in a google calendar and silence the SMS notification
when there is no entry in the calendar. The calendar part works fine
and it switch the profile on/off fine, but I can't get it to silence
the "SMS notification" (I have seen that it isn't possible to delete
sms'es yet - and I guess that is the same as blocking an sms?)

It is a surveillance machine sending me these automated sms's and we
use 0059 as the from name. I am not sure if that is a text string or a
number

I tried using Silent mode & notification level (set to zero) and then
use the:

if %SMSRF = 0059 (I guess that should be a number so I can use =
right?)

and

if %SMSRN ~ 0059 (I guess that would be a string so I should use the
matches operator)

But none of it really works

Alfafa

Nov 23, 2010, 10:16:21 AM11/23/10
to Tasker
Ok. I think I have solved it another way. I used the SMS received
event with a specific sender and set the notification volume action to
0. Then I put an if on that. So it depends on a profile looking in the
calendar not being active (I have a profile active when I am on-duty
looking in a google calendar setting ringtone/volumes etc. and I only
will have the sms notification silenced when "I am" not in that mode)

So I think it will work now. Now I am just eagerly waiting the "delete/
block sms" action thing ;)

cat logic

Nov 23, 2010, 11:01:01 AM11/23/10
to Tasker
I use an ap called SMS Popular for that. Under "custom notifications"
I tell it if I get a text from this number, do not notify. You could
also set to show you the message & when you click "close" to delete
it. It's not Tasker, but why reinvent the wheel?

Alfafa

Nov 23, 2010, 3:58:38 PM11/23/10
to Tasker
Hmm. That didn't work. Because it is only after receiving the sms that
the rule fires :-(

Alfafa

Nov 23, 2010, 4:04:33 PM11/23/10
to Tasker
Because the SMS blocking apps cannot make complex rules? ;-)

What I need is blocking(and as tasker cannot block yet just turn down
the notification volume) SMS notifications coming from a specific
number/name but only when there is no calendar entry in one of my
calendars(could also be when my on-duty tasker profile is not
active..because that looks in the same calendar)

I do use an app called Easy filter right now. I cannot look in a
calendar - so it is not automated

Skippy

Nov 25, 2010, 12:33:59 AM11/25/10
to Tasker
I can see what you are trying to do though - basically if you are NOT
on duty based on your 'duty' calendar, THEN SILENCE and DELETE SMS
from NUMBER.

IF you ARE on duty based on your 'duty' calendar, THEN ALERT for SMS
from NUMBER.

Seems straight forward enough.

Could you play with an 'invert' condition? E.g. when off duty,
SILENCE for ALL SMS except that number - and invert it. And similarly
when ON duty, just don't invert it. I don't know if you can create a
task that can use the 'invert' button, otherwise create a task that
silences all SMS notifications, unless it is NOT from that number.

Just a thought anyway.

Hasse Johansen

Dec 21, 2010, 3:22:25 AM12/21/10
to tas...@googlegroups.com
HI. Sorry for the long reply. Google groups was setup to send messages to gmail which I never reads. The problem is that tasker cannot override ring and notification. You have to use a silent profile genreally on the phone and then have tasker to do the sounds for different sender/callers as seen in the thread. There is an earlier thread about this. RIght now I just silence everything when I am not on duty and have and override whaere tasker notifies me if someone in my family calls me at night. That works ok.