Tracker Discussion

baudi

Sep 21, 2010, 8:49:23 PM9/21/10
to Tasker
I'll monitor this thread for questions about the Tracker task and
profile described here: http://tasker.wikidot.com/tracker

baudi

Sep 24, 2010, 3:56:05 PM9/24/10
to Tasker
I modified the Tracker code to include seconds in the fix label
(hh.mm.ss) and to include the number of seconds since sometime on the
evening of Sept. 23, 2010 in the description.

The generation of a new Tracker fix is triggered by a new value of
%LOCTMS. I have my fix update rate set to 2 minutes, and I reliably
get a new fix update every 2 minutes. However, there are often 2 or 3
or 4 fix updates with a second or two of each other around the 2
minute update time.

In other words, instead of generating one new fix every 2 minutes,
Tasker/Android is generating more than one.

Pent

Sep 24, 2010, 4:15:54 PM9/24/10
to Tasker
> The generation of a new Tracker fix is triggered by a new value of
> %LOCTMS. I have my fix update rate set to 2 minutes, and I reliably
> get a new fix update every 2 minutes. However, there are often 2 or 3
> or 4 fix updates with a second or two of each other around the 2
> minute update time.

That's correct. Android keeps generating fixes for ages. Tasker
stops the tracking as soon as the accuracy of a fix doesn't improve
on the previous one in order to save battery.

Pent

baudi

Sep 24, 2010, 4:25:48 PM9/24/10
to Tasker
So if I'm going to record a fix, I should use the last one generated
for each update period.

I'll modify Tracker to do that.

baudi

Sep 24, 2010, 9:08:33 PM9/24/10
to Tasker
I've modified the Tracker task/profile. The profile, NewFixAvailable,
now writes a new position to the Track file when a new track position
update is available, triggered by a change to %LOCTMS, provided that
there hasn't been a track position update for 10 seconds.

That eliminates the multiple track updates that often happen one or
two seconds apart as Tasker waits for the accuracy of the position to
stabilize.

UncleMike

Sep 24, 2010, 9:37:03 PM9/24/10
to Tasker
Interesting. Time to revise my "Wheres My Droid" profile again.

Pent

Sep 25, 2010, 4:28:37 AM9/25/10
to Tasker
I''m going to add action get fix soon, so maybe you want to wait.

Pent

Dave Berendhuysen

Oct 6, 2013, 5:11:16 AM10/6/13
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hi baudi,

This looks like a promising profile! I'll be going to travel for a long period soon and I'm searching for a way to track my progress. Wondering how I could set the interval to about 3 hours. Also, I've downloaded and imported the profile and task. Turned on the profile to see if it works. Just to see I fully understand; the task will write away a KML-file to the folder Tasker/tmp even if this folder does not yet exist? Do you have an example of such a file online by any chance?

Kind regards

Chris Brown

Jan 15, 2015, 7:36:15 PM1/15/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Tried downloading but when importing the the task in the task tab gives bad packed data error.

Christophe DELATTRE

Feb 3, 2015, 10:30:56 AM2/3/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Me too !
Someone can recompile the file?

W. Kyle White

Mar 9, 2015, 10:35:42 AM3/9/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I had the same problem. I was able to get it to work by installing Tasker version 1.6 from the homepage, opening the xml, exporting it, and then opening the exported version in 4.6. I've had to do the same for another task I was importing as well. Here's the versions which import for me on 4.6.
NewFixAvailable.prf.xml
ToggleTracker.tsk.xml
Track_KML.tsk.xml