Fasting - Ramadan = is spiritually and physically beneficial - It is a reformation... It takes human-self from its raw-stage to most-purified-stage of peace with God....It enhances moral/social values and standards of worship...Ramadan brings about 'lustre/splendour' to the heart through which the door to visions opens...One foregoes many permissible things for the sake of God during fasting and that is the reason God Himself declares to be the reward for it...Those who are temporarily unable to fast are exempt with certain conditions...

LILLAH

Sep 27, 2007, 9:46:10 PM9/27/07
Peace be upon you and all....
(1)- Fasting in the month of Ramadan is indeed a [spiritual] striving,
an endeavour and it is only through such striving that one develops in
righteousness (taqwa) and attains nearness to God.
(2)-The days of Ramadan are but few [Al Baqarah (2:185, 186)] and are
made obligatory so that effort can be made to attain the purpose of
life, which is to become a true servant of God....However, God is not
unfair, fasting is not intended as cruelty so those who are
temporarily unable to fast are exempt from doing so......Those who have
short-term illness or have to make urgent travels are exempt from
fasting during Ramadan....However, once they are better they need to
keep the fasts which were missed.....The illness that makes one exempt
from fasting should not be a mere excuse of an illness, similarly
commuting for work does not constitute 'travel' in this connotation.....
Indeed Allah cares for His true servants.
(3)- In addition, those who do not have the strength to fast may give
expiation (fidya). Those who can fast at a later time may also give
fidya, it is a virtue. However it is essential for them to fast at a
later time.....The Promised Messiah (on whom be peace) explained that
those who can pay expiation /fidya and be exempt are those who do not
hope to be able to fast at a later time, like the elderly or expectant
mothers etc. It is not warrantable for others to simply pay fidya and
not fast, assuming disability.
(4)- Islam is a religion in line with nature, therefore it makes
allowances for situations which naturally arise in life...However,
attainment of righteousness/taqwa should always be the aim, so if
fasting is not possible then either a needy person should be fed or
expiation /fidya paid.....The Salat /Prayer which has not been observed
with good intention will be thrown back at the worshipper, as is said
in a Hadith, similarly fidya that is given with bad intent will be
thrown back at the person.....The Promised Messiah (on whom be peace)
said that fidya is for those who do not have the strength or capacity
to fast. He said a religion which does not have any striving is
nothing.
(5)- Fasting is not only spiritually beneficial but as science is now
acknowledging it has physical benefits as well.
(6)- The Promised Messiah (on whom be peace) said that a person whose
heart is gladdened at the arrival of Ramadan but who cannot go on to
fast due to illness is deemed as fasting in the heavens. He said one
should always avoid excuses and pretexts.
(7)- Holy Qur'an is a great source of guidance and nothing in it is
without the objective of benefit. It encompasses direction to develop
spiritual and moral values. Indeed, it also carries within it aspects
of worldly knowledge and states knowledge of which no one had an
awareness 1400 years ago but which are being proven now......The first
revelation of the Holy Qur'an was revealed in the month of Ramadan
(96:2)....The very first revelation pointed to the fact that the Creator
of the entire universe is God and He alone is worthy of worship.....
Surah Al Alaq (Ch. 96) closes on the message that worship of God alone
(sadja/prostration) is the source to attain nearness to Him.
(8)- One way of worship that beautifies worship further and which
purifies the soul is fasting in Ramadan. It is a form of worship, a
striving that has Allah Himself as its reward.... Fasting is obligatory
(2:185, 186), so believers should not be negligent in understanding
this. The 'worship' of fasting can be a source of reformation as a
believer avoids many vices during fasting, in fact a believer also
foregoes many permissible things for the sake of Allah during fasting
and that is the reason Allah Himself declares to be the reward for
it.
(9)- The Holy Qur'an which was revealed in Ramadan is a guidance for
all time and age and now there is no requirement for another Shariah
(religious law)... One who wishes to seek this guidance with good
intentions will find manifest signs in it that will distinguish the
truth from falsehood..... Its commandments are comprehensive, detailed
with argument and reasoning, specifying all the pros and cons...In
addition it also presents reasoning and argument of its own veracity
as well as of what is false.....One who is blessed with such a book
should try and fulfill all its commandments, one such commandment is
to fast during Ramadan, to develop spiritually, to attain Divine
nearness and then to relate Allah's favor and grace.
(10)- Not only was the Holy Qur'an revealed as the perfect guidance
but through Ramadan one is annually reminded that this blessed
guidance was first revealed in this month. This fact focuses on
raising the standard of worship during this month as well as enhancing
moral/social values so that one is as far removed from the evil of the
self as possible....The Promised Messiah (on whom be peace) said that
Ramadan brings about 'lustre/splendour' to the heart through which the
door to visions opens and one can 'see' God [in spiritual sense of
course].
(11)- During this month Prayer/Salat is specifically offered to truly
seek purification of the self, each such Salat is offered with utmost
sincerity and completely devoid of any external influence, mindful
that Allah is watching. Purification of self is swift through such a
Salat and is only attained by those who fear Allah in secret/private.
(12)- The ambience of Ramadan and observance of Salat brings about
purification of the soul which enables human to get rid of "nafs e
ammarah" (raw-stage of human-self which incites to evil) promptly
because these are the days when Satan is bound up in chains [metaphor]
.... Indeed our sincere efforts during Ramadan may take us from the
stage of "nafse lawwama" (reproving-stage of human-self) to "nafse
mutmainah" (soul at rest, most purifed stage of human-self). Indeed
Allah grants each person in accordance to their capacity.

(13)- In Each Ramadan during the lifetime of the Holy Prophet (peace
and blessings of Allah be on him) Angel Gabriel used to revise all the
hitherto revealed Qur'an with the Prophet. During his last Ramadan the
revision was done twice. This draws the attention to the fact that
while one is fasting and offering sincere Salat, one should also read
the Holy Qur'an during Ramadan and listen explanatory lectures/Dars
(www.mta.tv ) One should also try and implement the Quranic
commandments in one's live; only then will one be able to derive true
beneficence from it and will be among those who are grateful.
(14)-The holy Caliph also prayed to Allah for the enablement of
receiving all the blessings of Ramadan.
Promised divine peace of latter days @ www.alislam.org www.mta.tv
with
LOVE FOR ALL HATRED FOR NONE.

Little Johnny Howard

Sep 28, 2007, 12:19:43 AM9/28/07
moslum spam snipped.

Lee

Sep 28, 2007, 2:22:32 AM9/28/07

"LILLAH" <bashirr...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Peace be upon you and all....
> (1)- Fasting in the month of Ramadan is indeed a [spiritual] striving,
> an endeavour and it is only through such striving that one develops in
> righteousness (taqwa) and attains nearness to God.

Fasting is nothing special, Anorexics do it all the time.

The Cynic

Sep 30, 2007, 10:34:48 AM9/30/07

"LILLAH" <bashirr...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Peace be upon you and all....
> (1)- Fasting in the month of Ramadan is indeed a [spiritual] striving,
> an endeavour and it is only through such striving that one develops in
> righteousness (taqwa) and attains nearness to God.

http://www.abrahamic-faith.com/audio/eugene-armstrong-beheading-video...

Beheading video of American engineer Jack Hensley:
http://www.notobs.com/english/audioandvideo/crimes/jack_hensle.htm

Beheading video of Japanese tourist Shosei Koda:
http://www.notobs.com/english/audioandvideo/crimes/shosei_koda.htm

Beheading video of American businessman Nicholas Berg:
http://www.notobs.com/english/audioandvideo/crimes/nick_burg.htm

Beheading video of British civil engineer Kenneth John Bigley:
http://www.notobs.com/english/audioandvideo/crimes/kenneth_bigley.htm

Beheading video of South Korean translator Kim Sun-il:

http://www.notobs.com/english/audioandvideo/crimes/kim_sun_execution.htm

Korean Hostages Beaten for Not Accepting
Islam...http://www.star-telegram.com/279/story/233633.html

Pakistani militants try to blow up Buddha
carvinghttp://www.ibnlive.com/news/pakistani-militants-try-to-blow-up-buddha... European Muslims Fight for the Right to Leave Islam...http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article2426314.eceChurch, Congregation Attacked by Muslim Radicals (Indonesia)..http://www.asianews.it/index.php?l=en&art=10218&sizeReligious Cleansing in Iraq...http://www.azcentral.com/12news/news/articles/iraqchristiansweb090520...Korean Pastor Was Killed for Refusing to Convert to Islam...http://www.christiantoday.com/article/pastor.korean.hostage.was.kille...