Meditation Instruction - When to Meditate - Quotations by Rama, Dr. Frederick Lenz

jazzym...@yahoo.com

Nov 6, 2005, 2:20:06 AM11/6/05
Organized quotations on Meditation Instruction, Buddhism and Mysticism.

By Zen Master Rama, Dr. Frederick Lenz

Main Page:

http://www.ramaquotes.com/index.html

When to Meditate:

http://www.ramaquotes.com/html/when_to_meditate.html

One who practices meditation is learning to still their thoughts and
trying to get on a regular schedule with meditation, which may take a
while.

If you are starting to meditate, I suggest that you set up a schedule
for yourself. It is good to meditate twice a day, once a day is good to
start.

Sit and meditate a couple of times a day. Stop the body. Sit up
straight and practice a meditation and concentration exercise. Clear
your mind of all the garbage that runs through it and enter into a
higher level of perception.

The best time to mediate is when you first get up in the morning or
evening. Take a shower and sit down and meditate.

When you meditate in the morning you pick up a lot of energy, focus,
and awareness. That will be with you throughout the day. It brightens
the subtle physical body so you won't pick up as much negative energy.

Sit down in the morning. If you can't make it in the morning, try the
evening to start out with. Do the late show. But you meditate best in
the morning; the mind has not been active yet.

As soon as you get up meditate. Your mind is most receptive at this
time, even though it may seem more difficult to meditate. Never leave
the house until you have meditated.

It doesn't really matter what time you get up, but whenever you do get
up, set aside enough time before you leave the house to have a good
meditation. Doing this will clear your mind and put you into a very
sharp and aware state of consciousness.

The morning practice of meditation increases the aura to ward of
negative energy.

I always try to mediate every day at noon, the time when the kundalini
is the strongest. If you have to work at noon, at least try to think
about eternity, think about your ideals, and what you're trying to do
with your life.

It is very easy to meditate at sunset. There is a doorway that opens
between the worlds at the time of the setting sun.

Try to meditate before you start your evening. If you've been out in
the world working, meditation will clear off all the unhealthy energy
you've picked up during the day.

Mediate at sunset or night. It's easiest to meditate at night.
Night is eternal.

Meditate before bed if you are being attacked psychically.

Note: There are many religious intolerant people on the internet that
hate Buddhism or new ideas.

These people have wrongly accused Dr. Frederick Lenz, Rama, of leading
a cult. They have engaged in constant hate-speech against anyone who
posts favorable information regarding Zen Master Rama and associate
with kidnappers and other criminals that attack non-mainstream Buddhist
and Christian groups. You will probably see their silly and spiteful
posts beneath this page of quotations.

The source of these misguided individual's hate speech is information
from:

http://www.cultawarenessnetwork.org/Lies_Behind_Bigotry/

This group, CAN, was dissolved in court for numerous illegal activities
such as the forcible kidnappings of women, lying, and fraud. It was
this group that started the myth in California that Zen Master Rama,
Dr. Frederick Lenz was a cult leader. They did this primarily to scare
parents into paying $50,000 to kidnap their adult children.

I know of three individuals (two women) who were forcefully kidnapped
by these people, simply because they had rich parents, studied with
Rama, and their parents believed the lies told by these court-affirmed
criminals.

The people on these internet newsgroups that promote hate speech
against Rama are also fond of quoting the following source, Rick Ross,
a criminal kidnapper and who poses as a cult expert:

http://www.cultawarenessnetwork.org/dbase/bios/rross.html

http://www.religiousfreedomwatch.org/false_exp/rossr1.html

http://www.freedomdomain.com/mindcontrol/cultaware.html

This individual, Rick Ross, has been found guilty of many crimes
including using bomb threat to obtain jewels and kidnapping. Mr. Ross,
with a history of mental illness, persecutes and terrorizes spiritual
groups and kidnaps spiritual seekers as a way to make money.

In reality Rama, was against cults and any form of guru worship. Rama
was a best-selling Buddhist author in America and a PHD in English:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0312152175/002-8085602-2111245?v=glance

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0312181795/002-8085602-2111245?v=glance

For Rama's own view on the cult phenomena and the false accusations
made against him, we suggest:

http://www.ramaquotes.com/html/critique_of_cults_and_media.html

Another falsehood spread on these newsgroups, by those who engage in
religious intolerance, is that Zen Master Rama's students are trying to
make money and recruit through this website:

http://www.ramaquotes.com/index.html

In reality, the above website is offered only as education or simply as
fun. There is nothing to join.

Thank You for your religious tolerance in advance.

OM MANI PADME HUM

"I never will, by any word or act, bow to the shrine of intolerance or
admit a right of inquiry into the religious opinions of others." -
Thomas Jefferson

"Toleration is good for all, or it is good for none." - Edmond Burke

"Tolerance implies no lack of commitment to one's own beliefs. Rather
it condemns the oppression or persecution of others." - John F. Kennedy

"Laws alone cannot secure freedom of expression; in order that every
man present his views without penalty there must be a spirit of
tolerance in the entire population." - Albert Einstein

Julian

Nov 6, 2005, 4:36:01 AM11/6/05

jazzym...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Organized quotations on Meditation Instruction, Buddhism and Mysticism.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/collective/tracks/byyourside.ram

Steve Ralph

Nov 6, 2005, 6:18:03 AM11/6/05
Will you stop posting this crap on a.m.t?

sr
<jazzym...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

curl...@yahoo.com

Nov 6, 2005, 2:27:59 PM11/6/05
Because we have freedom of speech and religion.

These are meditation instructions, asshole, and you are in a meditation
group. If you don't like it, killfile our asses...don't pretend we
post spam, that's phoney.

Have a nice day:

www.ramaquotes.com

Evelyn Ruut

Nov 6, 2005, 2:35:09 PM11/6/05
<curl...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

There are real teachers of buddhism, with real credentials.

I think that your "Rama" is a good example of exactly what to avoid.

--

Best Regards,
Evelyn

(to reply to me personally, remove 'sox')

Messer Xin

Nov 6, 2005, 2:35:50 PM11/6/05
On Sun, 6 Nov 2005 14:27:59 -0500, curl...@yahoo.com wrote
(in message <1131305279.5...@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>):

Hi, Steve!

Let me introduce you to Curly and Mike. They are shining exemplars of Rama's
(Dr. Frederick Lenz) teachings, so don't be angry with them. They are busily
exposing their teacher and his ways all over usenet and elsewhere. I suggest
you support them in their efforts to portray Rama as he really was.

Otherwise, just a cheery hello from the Buddhist groups.

---Messer Xin

--

"Do you ever feel like a very sincere pig
in the realm of the hungry ghosts?" -- John Timothy Hall

Steve Ralph

Nov 6, 2005, 3:42:16 PM11/6/05

"Messer Xin" <x...@woc.org> wrote in message

> On Sun, 6 Nov 2005 14:27:59 -0500, curl...@yahoo.com wrote
> (in message <1131305279.5...@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>):
>
>> Because we have freedom of speech and religion.
>>
>> These are meditation instructions, asshole, and you are in a meditation
>> group. If you don't like it, killfile our asses...don't pretend we
>> post spam, that's phoney.
>>
>> Have a nice day:
>>
>> www.ramaquotes.com
>
> Hi, Steve!

Hiya! I'm just wondering why they want to post all these links that I don't
think
anyone on a.m.t is interested in. But there are those who just love waving
their
smelly underwear in front of as many noses as possible.

Steve Ralph

curl...@yahoo.com

Nov 6, 2005, 5:43:22 PM11/6/05
That's funny Steve, you guys post hate and ridicule the above buddhist
quotes (www.ramaquotes.com). No one forces you to bully us out of the
newsgroups. You do it on your own free will. Please be an adult, and
take responsibility for your actions.

Nice practice you have. You seek to censor others you don't agree
with, nice attitude.

:-)

Don't start attacking my Zen Master and playing room censor. And
please don't turn around after that telling newsgroup readers that we
are the nasty ones. You all viciously attacked our Buddhist teacher
and seek to censor our on-topic posts. We have the right to throw
stones back at you.

Hey stevie, if you called a jew a "Kike" would you complain about his
net-etiquette afterwards?

Don't play the net-etiquette game, you can't even play the American
etiquette game...freedom of speech and religion. You lack religious
tolerance.

You seek to censor us and our on topic post of "when to meditate".

Stevie, which of the above quotes on "When to Meditate" upsets you so?
Our you afraid of a dharma debate with me? Why are you guys posting
your hate speech? Challenge me to a dharma debate on any of Rama's
quotations.

Why do you seek to knock quotations of meditation off of Buddhist and
meditation newsgroups? Answer: You hate my teacher, Zen Master Rama,
of course, and feel your path superior. Don't pretend that a post on
meditation is off-topic. At least, Stevie, hate openly, don't
intellectually embarass yourself. You have no more rights on these
newsgroups than a newbie you power hungry want-to-be.

Your little game of playing victim looks silly doesn't it? All I have
to do is unmask your hate and desire to censor a popular American
Buddhist teacher:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0312152175/002-8085602-2111245?v=glance

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0312181795/002-8085602-2111245?v=glance

Censorship, my freind, is off-topic and is the absolute zero of
net-etiquette. Look in a mirror.

curl...@yahoo.com

Nov 6, 2005, 5:48:07 PM11/6/05
Let me introduce Messer and Steve the new adharmic room clowns!

They embrace the posts of the convicted criminal, kidnapper and
bomb-threat artist Rick Ross:

http://www.cultawarenessnetwork.org/dbase/bios/rross.html

http://www.religiousfreedomwatch.org/false_exp/rossr1.html

http://www.freedomdomain.com/mindcontrol/cultaware.html

Yet these funny lovable room clowns claim posts of a buddhist teacher
(www.ramaquotes.com) are off-topic and immoral (???) I think, "Messer
in His pants", you are going to beat the "Curly and Mike" hour for best
facsist comedy.

Congratulations!

And the envelope please...

maitr...@aol.com

Nov 6, 2005, 5:48:33 PM11/6/05
You people should try government disinformation work,
is Bush or Blair your Buddha?

Now that you are faced with the prospect of being criticized
by worldwide Buddhist masters,
accepting of the fact that Rama is Enlightened,
as well as a greatly respected Buddhist teacher,
You flail your appendages, in anger!

The talks by Dr. Lenz [Rama] provide refreshing and
excellent reading material for western Zen students.
They inspire new students to practice zazen and older students
to deepen their practice. - Dennis Genpo Merzel, Roshi - Kanzeon Zen
Center,
Gerry Shishin Wick, Rohsi - Great Mountain Zen Center

Meditation practice (zazen) has remained as the one form
that has transcended time and cultural boundaries.
Dr. Frederick P. Lenz [Rama] is one pioneer
who introduced American modes of practice
while focusing on the fundamental Practice of zazen. - Dennis Genpo
Merzel, Roshi - Kanzeon Zen Center,
Gerry Shishin Wick, Rohsi - Great Mountain Zen Center

Can you think of any deceased teachers,
who still have students today? (not even Carl Sagan)?

When I and many others have presented Rama's materials to;
international monks in Nepal, Bhutan, India, Nomgoyal
& HHDL at the Thekchen Choling Temple,
they are excited about Buddhism
taking on a new form in America

Bevs recent atheist response, nearly confused me too;

"That may be, but they are under different rules and
can't say shit even if their mouths are full of it."

Really Bev, HHDL may really appreciate knowing this of you!

Bev also insists that after decades of practice,
Tens of thousands of hours of meditation,
weeks of courses with HHDL,
stating at the end of the Vajra Master training course,
in Dharamsala, India; "You are now Vajra Masters"
that some how Bitchy Bev is still just as confused,
to say the least, as ever!

You seem to be some of the most disgusting people,
posing as uninformed Buddhist Philosophers in history, ?

Who is actually more uninformed than the Bev Thornton posers?

A: Chairman Mao after killing 7 Million Monks & Nun's during the
cultural Revolution, but I have to admit, it is close!

Steve Ralph

Nov 6, 2005, 6:37:18 PM11/6/05

> That's funny Steve, you guys post hate and ridicule the above buddhist
> quotes (www.ramaquotes.com).

You call this stuff buddhist quotes? LOL!

>No one forces you to bully us out of the newsgroups.

Oh dear, I'm a bully now am I? For asking why you want to
wave your smelly underpants in public?

>You do it on your own free will. Please be an adult, and
> take responsibility for your actions.

Well, I read posts from idiots on usenet, and am dumb enough to reply -
I supose I must take responsibility for that.

> Nice practice you have. You seek to censor others you don't agree
> with, nice attitude.
>
> :-)

In fact, what I am asking is why you have started posting these links on a
regular basis on alt.meditation.transcendental. The only Lenzite who posts
here on a.m.t. has been remarkably silent. I dout anyone else is even
remotely
interested.

> Don't start attacking my Zen Master and playing room censor.

ooh oh, sorry! Room censor? Are you joking? How could I censor anything you
care to
post here?

>And
> please don't turn around after that telling newsgroup readers that we
> are the nasty ones.

Where have I done that? We have nastiness down to a fine art here, a.m.t
can out-nasty amateurs like you any time. If we want to. We usually can't be
bothered.

>You all viciously attacked our Buddhist teacher

Did I? And where exactly was that? Oh - sorry. I called it crap. Poor little
boy.
Go cry to mommy.

> and seek to censor our on-topic posts. We have the right to throw
> stones back at you.

If you can manage to hit me with a stone I will be impressed. I feel obliged
remind you that you can't send stones by email.

> Hey stevie, if you called a jew a "Kike" would you complain about his
> net-etiquette afterwards?

Well, I wouldn't do that anyway. whats your point? I called you an
exhibitionist
dirty underpant waver, not a Kike.

> Don't play the net-etiquette game, you can't even play the American
> etiquette game...freedom of speech and religion. You lack religious
> tolerance.

You are right. I abhor organised religion, in any disguise.

> You seek to censor us and our on topic post of "when to meditate".

> Stevie, which of the above quotes on "When to Meditate" upsets you so?

None. I never read them, and I have better things (imo) to do. Is that
really the best
you can do? Why not find something relevant to TM that fred sed, and
reproduce it
here? Have you so little imagination that all you can do is post URL's that
I dout
anyione even accessed?

> Our you afraid of a dharma debate with me?

You mean an argument?

>Why are you guys posting your hate speech?

Are you suggesting I am a multiple personality?

>Challenge me to a dharma debate on any of Rama's quotations.

O.K. Idiot, I chalenge you to a Dharma debate. I assume that means
"lively discussion". Give me a ramaquote (short please, I have a short
attention span)
and I will tell you why it sucks.

> Why do you seek to knock quotations of meditation off of Buddhist and
> meditation newsgroups? Answer: You hate my teacher, Zen Master Rama,

No, I have no interest in him at all, and we have so much off topic junk
here.

> of course, and feel your path superior.

I don't care what your path is. I really don't. It is your sole
responsibility.

>Don't pretend that a post on meditation is off-topic.

If you had any interest at all of what people here think you would have
taken the trouble to find out. You didn't. You are not even remotely
interested.

>At least, Stevie, hate openly, don't
> intellectually embarass yourself. You have no more rights on these
> newsgroups than a newbie you power hungry want-to-be.
> Your little game of playing victim looks silly doesn't it? All I have
> to do is unmask your hate and desire to censor a popular American
> Buddhist teacher:

No, I've just said that you are an attention seeking egomaniac hiding behind
teachings that you apparently have no hope of comprehending. Also, your
ability
to deliver an effective insult is seriously marred by your utter lack of
humour and
lightness of being, the classic symptoms of a conciousness trapped by
dogmatic belief.

sr

Mirrors capture time. One day you will be on the other side of it.

Xavier Nougat

Nov 6, 2005, 6:29:15 PM11/6/05
In article <1131317313.0...@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
<maitr...@aol.com> wrote:

> Can you think of any deceased teachers,
> who still have students today? (not even Carl Sagan)?

Siddhartha Gotama. As long as we have Sid's teachings we can put the
comments of lesser lights in their proper perspective.

ross.in...@gmail.com

Nov 6, 2005, 7:29:52 PM11/6/05
"curlywade" is spamming usenet with misleading information.

He is apparently upset because the Ross Insitute database contains
archived articles from mainstream news sources about Frederick Lenz,
aka "Rama."

See http://www.rickross.com/groups/lenz.html

This subsection includes articles originally published by the NY Times,
Associated Press and other reputable news sources.

I did not author/originate any of these news stories.

And attacking me personally doesn't change the historical information
these articles contain about Frederick Lenz.

The personal attack about me linked to by "curlywade" at the so-called
"Cult Awareness Network" (CAN) website was actually originated by the
Church of Scientology. CAN was essentially taken over by Scientology in
1996.

See http://www.rickross.com/groups/newcan.html

The new CAN is hardly a reputable news source.

My response to this CAN attack has been available through the Internet
since 1998.

See http://www.rickross.com/reference/scientology/Scien47.html

Rick A. Ross
www.rickross.com

curl...@yahoo.com

Nov 6, 2005, 10:43:26 PM11/6/05
Ralph you spent an hour trying to change history with above rambling
post. You simply attacked a post you didn't like, on a topic called
"when to meditate" and now are angry that someone pointed out that you
are an intolerant asshole.

I am flattered you would spend so much time on me. I guess I am more
"on topic" than you claim.

Why don't you remove your first post on this link. It shows you lashed
out as a den mother/room censor to a simple post on meditation...it
makes the above post look foolish.

Zen Master Rama must be very on-topic for you..congratulations.

curl...@yahoo.com

Nov 6, 2005, 10:45:53 PM11/6/05
Rick you are convicted criminal, kidnapper and bomb-threat artist.

We are all laughing at you.

Ladies and Gentlemen,
the judge of Buddhist morality,
live from the hell worlds,
Ricky Ross:

http://www.cultawarenessnetwork.org/dbase/bios/rross.html

http://www.religiousfreedomwatch.org/false_exp/rossr1.html

http://www.freedomdomain.com/mindcontrol/cultaware.html

Go away fly....

Steve Ralph

Nov 7, 2005, 12:14:02 PM11/7/05

> Ralph you spent an hour trying to change history with above rambling
> post.

No I didn't. It took less than 5 mins to type.

You simply attacked a post you didn't like, on a topic called
> "when to meditate" and now are angry that someone pointed out that you
> are an intolerant asshole.
>
> I am flattered you would spend so much time on me. I guess I am more
> "on topic" than you claim.
>
> Why don't you remove your first post on this link. It shows you lashed
> out as a den mother/room censor to a simple post on meditation...it
> makes the above post look foolish.

Why bother? I just asked you to stop recruiting on a.m.t, thats all. Only a
coward
would back off when offered the chance of a "dharmic discussion". Shame. I
was
looking foreward to it.

sr

jst...@panix.com

Nov 7, 2005, 12:46:14 PM11/7/05

curl...@yahoo.com wrote:
<snip>

> Why do you seek to knock quotations of meditation off of Buddhist and
> meditation newsgroups? Answer: You hate my teacher, Zen Master Rama,
> of course, and feel your path superior. Don't pretend that a post on
> meditation is off-topic.

It's off-topic on alt.meditation.transcendental if it doesn't relate in
some way to the topic of the newsgroup, which is Transcendental
Meditation as taught by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi.

We have lots of off-topic discussions here, so one post or two
not relating to TM is no big deal.

But multiple long threads about a different teacher than MMY,
the participants in which have never been alt.m.t participants and
which don't relate at all to TM, is really a bit much. At least the
other off-topic posts here are made by alt.m.t regulars.

As Steve told you, there is *one* alt.m.t participant who *might*
be interested, having been a follower of Lenz many years ago,
but in recent months he has posted very little to alt.m.t and has
posted nothing at all to the Lenz threads, so it would appear that
either he isn't even reading them or has nothing he wants to
contribute.

If he wants to continue to read the threads, he can always go
to one of the other cross-posted newsgroups.

We alt.m.t-ers have nothing against Lenz, or Buddhist meditation,
per se. But I think we here would all appreciate it if you'd take this
newsgroup off the distribution list for the Lenz threads in which no
alt.m.t members have been participating.

stumper

Nov 7, 2005, 1:18:36 PM11/7/05

What a lovely calm voice!
Didn't Mr. Lenz talk just like this guy?

--
~Stumper