Mirza Husayn Ali (alias Baha'u'llah) God incarnate?

diamondsouled

Oct 9, 2009, 6:54:16 PM10/9/09
Mirza Husayn Ali ( alias Baha'u'llah) was so out to lunch he actually
believed, as did some of his followers, that he was god incarnate:

It was perhaps owing to this inadequacy that, at one stage during the
ministry of Bahá'u'lláh, there were two major schools of thought among
the believers concerning His station. Some believed Him to be the
Supreme Manifestation of God, while others went further than this.
When Bahá'u'lláh was asked about His station, He confirmed that as
long as individuals were sincere in their beliefs, both views were
right, but if they argued among themselves or tried to convert each
other, both were wrong. This indicates that man because of his finite
mind will never be able to understand the true station of the
Manifestation of God. The criteria are sincerity and faith. Knowing
man's limitations, God accepts from him what he is able to achieve.

(Adib Taherzadeh, The Revelation of Baha'u'llah v 1, p. 303)

Thankfully they have medication today to help those that begin to
believe they are god incarnate ;^).

Cheers

Larry Rowe

NUR

Oct 9, 2009, 7:39:07 PM10/9/09
Unqualified incarnationism (as opposed to emanationism) is the single
most pernicious doctrine ever devised. It is literally a spiritual
prison for the mind.

diamondsouled

Oct 9, 2009, 7:48:12 PM10/9/09
Incarnationism is the polar opposite of panentheism. It is only a mind
fully in the grips of it's ego that can fall for the delusion of
incarnationism. Once ego has been transcended it is quite easy to see
that God is that Circle which has It's Centre everywhere. The Tat Svam
Asi insight.

Of course ego is never truly transcended once and for all, it always
comes up with something new and interesting to test the field, to keep
the soul honest.

Cheers

Larry Rowe

Seon

Oct 9, 2009, 10:19:57 PM10/9/09

"diamondsouled" <ro...@sasktel.net> wrote in message

> Mirza Husayn Ali ( alias Baha'u'llah) was so out to lunch he actually
> believed, as did some of his followers, that he was god incarnate:
>
> It was perhaps owing to this inadequacy that, at one stage during the

> ministry of Bah�'u'll�h, there were two major schools of thought among

> the believers concerning His station. Some believed Him to be the
> Supreme Manifestation of God, while others went further than this.

> When Bah�'u'll�h was asked about His station, He confirmed that as

> long as individuals were sincere in their beliefs, both views were
> right, but if they argued among themselves or tried to convert each
> other, both were wrong. This indicates that man because of his finite
> mind will never be able to understand the true station of the
> Manifestation of God. The criteria are sincerity and faith. Knowing
> man's limitations, God accepts from him what he is able to achieve.
>
> (Adib Taherzadeh, The Revelation of Baha'u'llah v 1, p. 303)
>
> Thankfully they have medication today to help those that begin to
> believe they are god incarnate ;^).
>
> Cheers
>
> Larry Rowe

First don't get me wrong, I criticise the nsa but Bahaullah never said he
was actually God incarnate just that both views of him, if sincere, lead to
God. That's how I view religions. All faith's, if sincere, lead to god. But
I'm not saying we should all introduce sharia law or anything like that. I
haven't meet a single Bahai to thinks Bahaullah was God. The national
spiritual assembly however...
Of course this reply won't get forwarded. Just my posts criticisising the
nsa.
Also I thought I'd point out this is how I view Jesus. Of course Jesus
wasn't God. He was a Jewish preacher, a messenger or at the very most the
son of God and son of man. But if his followers think he was God that is
still a different path to God.

diamondsouled

Oct 9, 2009, 10:45:38 PM10/9/09
Howdy Seon,

Thing about thinking that another human being is god is that it is
the same thing as thinking a golden calf is god. Idolatry is idolatry
no matter what the idol.

Cheers

Larry Rowe

NUR

Oct 9, 2009, 10:52:28 PM10/9/09
On Oct 10, 12:19 pm, "Seon" <seo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "diamondsouled" <r...@sasktel.net> wrote in message

> > Mirza Husayn Ali ( alias Baha'u'llah) was so out to lunch he actually
> > believed, as did some of his followers, that he was god incarnate:
>
> > It was perhaps owing to this inadequacy that, at one stage during the
> > ministry of Bahá'u'lláh, there were two major schools of thought among

> > the believers concerning His station. Some believed Him to be the
> > Supreme Manifestation of God, while others went further than this.
> > When Bahá'u'lláh was asked about His station, He confirmed that as

> > long as individuals were sincere in their beliefs, both views were
> > right, but if they argued among themselves or tried to convert each
> > other, both were wrong. This indicates that man because of his finite
> > mind will never be able to understand the true station of the
> > Manifestation of God. The criteria are sincerity and faith. Knowing
> > man's limitations, God accepts from him what he is able to achieve.
>
> > (Adib Taherzadeh, The Revelation of Baha'u'llah v 1, p. 303)
>
> > Thankfully they have medication today to help those that begin to
> > believe they are god incarnate ;^).
>
> > Cheers
>
> > Larry Rowe
>
> First don't get me wrong, I criticise the nsa but Bahaullah never said he
> was actually God incarnate

Actually, he does.

NUR

Oct 9, 2009, 10:59:36 PM10/9/09
Henry Corbin has repeatedly commented how Christianity really began
going down the tubes the moment it forsook Docetism and confused the
Angelos Christos for the actual human person of Jesus. I would say
that Husayn 'Ali Nari did the same with Babism in general when he
confused the Bayani doctrine of the Primal Will for his own physical
human person. Actually, there are many places where Husayn 'Ali
forsakes all intermediaries altogether and actually asserts himself as
the godhead!

Yes, this is the trap of the nafs. Of course the nafs is also a
necessary part of the construct. My old Sufi shaykh put the matter
this way,

There is a man and a horse trying to cross the desert. The horse on
its own won't be able to cross. The man on his own won't be able to
cross either. If the horse rides the man, they will definitely not
cross. But if the man rides the horse to guide both of them, the
chances of them crossing the desert are pretty good. The horse = ego/
animus, the man = soul/anima.

Wahid

NUR

Oct 9, 2009, 11:00:36 PM10/9/09

The Golden Calf/'ijl samari is the first appelation the Bayanis placed
upon Husayn 'Ali at the beginning of the Direful Mischief.

Wahid

Seon

Oct 10, 2009, 6:39:48 AM10/10/09

"diamondsouled" <ro...@sasktel.net> wrote in message

Exactly and that is how I view any bahais or Christians who view this about
their founder. But I just haven't meet any Bahai's who view this. But just
because I haven't doesn't mean your wrong.
God is God. Thinking God is a man is idolatry.

> Cheers
>
> Larry Rowe

Seon

Oct 10, 2009, 6:40:45 AM10/10/09

"NUR" <wahid...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Oct 10, 12:19 pm, "Seon" <seo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> "diamondsouled" <r...@sasktel.net> wrote in message

>> > Mirza Husayn Ali ( alias Baha'u'llah) was so out to lunch he actually
>> > believed, as did some of his followers, that he was god incarnate:
>>
>> > It was perhaps owing to this inadequacy that, at one stage during the

>> > ministry of Bah�'u'll�h, there were two major schools of thought among

>> > the believers concerning His station. Some believed Him to be the
>> > Supreme Manifestation of God, while others went further than this.

>> > When Bah�'u'll�h was asked about His station, He confirmed that as

>> > long as individuals were sincere in their beliefs, both views were
>> > right, but if they argued among themselves or tried to convert each
>> > other, both were wrong. This indicates that man because of his finite
>> > mind will never be able to understand the true station of the
>> > Manifestation of God. The criteria are sincerity and faith. Knowing
>> > man's limitations, God accepts from him what he is able to achieve.
>>
>> > (Adib Taherzadeh, The Revelation of Baha'u'llah v 1, p. 303)
>>
>> > Thankfully they have medication today to help those that begin to
>> > believe they are god incarnate ;^).
>>
>> > Cheers
>>
>> > Larry Rowe
>>
>> First don't get me wrong, I criticise the nsa but Bahaullah never said he
>> was actually God incarnate
>
> Actually, he does.

I hope you'll forgive me if I ask for a quote (and the reference so I can
look it up).

diamondsouled

Oct 10, 2009, 12:20:59 PM10/10/09
Hello Seon,

It's just perhaps that this peculiar 'major' school in Baha'ism has
gone out of fashion. That's not to say that it couldn't come back into
fashion, especially since Mirza Husayn Ali did not dissuade those
Baha'is who held to the belief that he was god incarnate. If fact he
encouraged them by stating that both those who believed that he was
the Supreme Manifestation of God as well those who believed he was God
incarnate were both correct.

As Wahid mentioned there are many passages where Husayn Ali asserts
himself as godhead.

Will take a stroll through Ocean and glean a few such quotes for
you, ;^).

Cheers

Larry Rowe

diamondsouled

Oct 10, 2009, 12:50:14 PM10/10/09
"It hath ever been evident that all these divergencies of utterance
are attributable to differences of station. Thus, viewed from the
standpoint of their oneness and sublime detachment, the attributes of
Godhead, Divinity, Supreme Singleness, and Inmost Essence, have been,
and are applicable to those Essences of Being, inasmuch as they all
abide on the throne of Divine Revelation, and are established upon the
seat of Divine Concealment. Through their appearance the Revelation of
God is made manifest, and by their countenance the Beauty of God is
revealed. Thus it is that the accents of God Himself have been heard
uttered by these Manifestations of the Divine Being."

(Baha'u'llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 53)

The first duty prescribed by God for His servants is the recognition
of Him Who is the Day Spring of His Revelation and the Fountain of His
laws, Who representeth the Godhead in both the Kingdom of His Cause
and the world of creation. Whoso achieveth this duty hath attained
unto all good; and whoso is deprived thereof, hath gone astray, though
he be the author of every righteous deed. It behoveth every one who
reacheth this most sublime station, this summit of transcendent glory,
to observe every ordinance of Him Who is the Desire of the world.
These twin duties are inseparable. Neither is acceptable without the
other. Thus hath it been decreed by Him Who is the Source of Divine
inspiration.

(Baha'u'llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 330)

The fourth Tajalli is concerning Divinity, Godhead and the like. Were
a man of insight to direct his gaze towards the blessed, the manifest
Lote-Tree and its fruits, he would be so enriched thereby as to be
independent of aught else and to acknowledge his belief in that which
the Speaker on Sinai hath uttered from the throne of Revelation.

O Ali-Akbar! Acquaint the people with the holy verses of thy Lord and
make known unto them His straight Path, His mighty Announcement.

Say: O people, if ye judge fairly and equitably, ye will testify to
the truth of whatsoever hath streamed forth from the Most Exalted Pen.
If ye be of the people of the Bayan, the Persian Bayan will guide you
aright and will prove a sufficient testimony unto you; and if ye be of
the people of the Qur'án, ponder ye upon the Revelation on Sinai and
the Voice from the Bush which came unto the Son of Imran [Moses].

Gracious God! It was intended that at the time of the manifestation of
the One true God the faculty of recognizing Him would have been
developed and matured and would have reached its culmination. However,
it is now clearly demonstrated that in the disbelievers this faculty
hath remained undeveloped and hath, indeed, degenerated.

(Baha'u'llah, Tablets of Baha'u'llah, p. 52)
-----

This was the reason that Husayn Ali's claims were rejected by a great
number of Bayanis. They rejected his claims of godhead.

At least he was gracious enough to attribute the quality of godhead to
previous prophets/manifestations even though they themselves claimed
no such thing, ;^).

When reading the below quote it becomes quite apparent that Mirza
Husayn Ali didn't understand what the Bab had meant:

"Dwelling on the glorification of Him Whom God shall make manifest --
exalted be His Manifestation -- the Báb in the beginning of the Bayan
saith: 'He is the One Who shall proclaim under all conditions,
"Verily, verily, I am God, no God is there but Me, the Lord of all
created things. In truth all others except Me are My creatures. O, My
creatures! Me alone do ye worship."' Likewise in another instance He,
magnifying the Name of Him Who shall be made manifest, saith: 'I would
be the first to adore Him.'"

(Baha'u'llah, Tablets of Baha'u'llah, p. 52)

When Sufi mystics have made such pronouncements it was only to declare
their non-existence in the face of God, their self effacement, not to
declare that they are the incarnation of God Him/Herself.

Thus did Mirza Husayn Ali show his ignorance of the principle of self
effacement.

Cheers

Larry Rowe

NUR

Oct 10, 2009, 8:48:57 PM10/10/09
On Oct 10, 8:40 pm, "Seon" <seo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "NUR" <wahidaza...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > On Oct 10, 12:19 pm, "Seon" <seo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> "diamondsouled" <r...@sasktel.net> wrote in message

> >> First don't get me wrong, I criticise the nsa but Bahaullah never said he
> >> was actually God incarnate
>
> > Actually, he does.
>
> I hope you'll forgive me if I ask for a quote (and the reference so I can
> look it up).

I chucked out all my Baha'i books years ago and effaced especially any
writings by that most supreme scoundrel. But the phrase "Innani ana
Allah Al-Mahbub al-Masjun/Verily I am God the Imprisoned Beloved!" is
one of Husayn 'Ali's most famous Acre-era pronouncements. Larry will
find the rest of this material for you as I can't be bothered looking
for all the instances of his ego-ridden jibes. And whereas with the
Primal Point whenever He states "Innani Ana Allah/Verily I Am God",
you actually do hear the theophany of the Logos, but Mirza Husayn 'Ali
Nari whenever he says something analogous one hears the naying of the
golden calf.

seon

Oct 10, 2009, 9:58:42 PM10/10/09

> On Oct 10, 8:40 pm, "Seon" <seo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> "NUR" <wahidaza...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I can't blame you for doing that. When he said I am God it's possible he
said something after that. People miss quote Jesus all the time.

seon

Oct 10, 2009, 10:05:37 PM10/10/09
He just said he was the manifestation of God. From what I have been told
manifestations of God are prophets. Bahais think Muhammad, Jesus, the
Buddha, Abraham and Moses were manifestations of God. So if they truly think
Bahaullah was God then they must think these people were also God. Basically
we need to determine what Bahais mean by manifestations of God. Or more
importantly Bahaullah.
Sorry I still disagree with you. However I will say I will never join the
national spiritual assembly as long as I live. If I get my posts to
talk.religion.bahai forwarded by fascists imagine what crap I would go
through if I was a member. For starters I wouldn't be allowed to talk with
you "covenant breakers" I would get my voting rights removed if I did. But I
hope we can still disagree.

> the people of the Qur'�n, ponder ye upon the Revelation on Sinai and

> the Voice from the Bush which came unto the Son of Imran [Moses].
>
> Gracious God! It was intended that at the time of the manifestation of
> the One true God the faculty of recognizing Him would have been
> developed and matured and would have reached its culmination. However,
> it is now clearly demonstrated that in the disbelievers this faculty
> hath remained undeveloped and hath, indeed, degenerated.
>
> (Baha'u'llah, Tablets of Baha'u'llah, p. 52)
> -----
>
> This was the reason that Husayn Ali's claims were rejected by a great
> number of Bayanis. They rejected his claims of godhead.
>
> At least he was gracious enough to attribute the quality of godhead to
> previous prophets/manifestations even though they themselves claimed
> no such thing, ;^).
>
> When reading the below quote it becomes quite apparent that Mirza
> Husayn Ali didn't understand what the Bab had meant:
>
> "Dwelling on the glorification of Him Whom God shall make manifest --

> exalted be His Manifestation -- the B�b in the beginning of the Bayan

seon

Oct 10, 2009, 10:07:21 PM10/10/09

"diamondsouled" <ro...@sasktel.net> wrote in message

I'd like that. Well maybe some nut jobs did think he was God a long time ago
but thankfully this isn't what modern Bahai's believe. If they did there was
no way I would have ever been interested in the Bahai faith. This whole
Jesus is God thing is what scared me away from Christianity.
Well that and hell and the wack jobs etc.

> Cheers
>
> Larry Rowe

diamondsouled

Oct 11, 2009, 5:29:09 PM10/11/09
"Thus, viewed from the standpoint of their oneness and sublime
detachment, the attributes of Godhead, Divinity, Supreme Singleness,
and Inmost Essence"

... says it all Seon. He's not only claiming manifestationhood but:
"Godhead, Divinity, Supreme Singleness, and Inmost Essence". These are
qualities that God alone can claim, any man claiming them has most
obviously lost the thread. Lost the Reality behind the appearance of
their own ego.

Cheers

Larry Rowe

seon

Oct 12, 2009, 1:27:45 AM10/12/09

"diamondsouled" <ro...@sasktel.net> wrote in message

I believe we all have the essence of God within us. I'll have to look up
that verse but I have been very confused with this whole issue thanks to you
guys.

> Cheers
>
> Larry Rowe

JG9

Oct 12, 2009, 12:48:39 PM10/12/09
On Oct 10, 8:07 pm, "seon" <seo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "diamondsouled" <r...@sasktel.net> wrote in message

I don't think Baha'u'llah claimed to be anything but a Manifestation
of God. Baha'is of all stripes do not think He is the Godhead or God
incarnated. Therefore these threads are off.

What is really wacky is the belief that the elected body of their (the
sans-Guardian Baha'is) so-called UHJ is the voice of God and that it
must be therefore absolutely obeyed. This is way out there. They
pervert the teachings and then make the Baha'i Revelation seem
foolish.

Jeffrey

JG9

Oct 12, 2009, 12:50:54 PM10/12/09
On Oct 10, 7:58 pm, "seon" <seo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "NUR" <wahidaza...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > On Oct 10, 8:40 pm, "Seon" <seo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> "NUR" <wahidaza...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Baha'u'llah did not claim to be God incarnate or the Godhead. The
quotes speak for themselves.
Jeffrey

diamondsouled

Oct 12, 2009, 4:31:50 PM10/12/09
Howdy Jefferey,

Since the views of those two 'major' schools of Baha'ism predates the
split between Remeyites and Handites I can hardly see how you can say
that Mirza Husayn Ali did not claim godhead:

"Some believed Him to be the Supreme Manifestation of God, while
others went further than this."

What do you suppose that: "further", was Jefferey? That: further
which Mirza Husayn Ali did nothing to dispel, in fact encouraging his
followers to believe that it was OK to believe that he was god himself
by stating that both schools of Baha'i thought were correct.

I was told this story from the time I was a child Jefferey, as were
Baha'i children told it from the time it occurred, as Baha'i children
continue to be told I'm sure.

"Were any of the all-embracing Manifestations of God to declare: "I
am God," He, verily, speaketh the truth, and no doubt attacheth
thereto."

(Baha'u'llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 53)

When a mystic such as Mansur al-Hallaj or Miester Eckhart proclaims
that they are God they ascribe no special station to themselves. That
Mirza Husayn Ali consistently, ad nauseum, proclaimed a special
station for himself, a station above the entirety of the rest of
humanity, is a testimony to the depth of his delusion. He truly
believed that he was the Sadratu'l-Muntaha* past which no being can
have a closer relationship to God. This delusion is a madness brought
on by a total surrender to the human ego:

The eye of My loving-kindness weepeth sore over you, inasmuch as ye
have failed to recognize the One upon Whom ye have been calling in the
daytime and in the night season, at even and at morn. Advance, O
people, with snow-white faces and radiant hearts, unto the blest and
crimson Spot, wherein the Sadratu'l-Muntaha is calling: "Verily, there
is none other God beside Me, the Omnipotent Protector, the Self-
Subsisting!"

(Baha'u'llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 198)

When I contemplate, O my God, the relationship that bindeth
me to Thee, I am moved to proclaim to all created things "verily
I am God"; and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it
coarser than clay!

(Baha'u'llah, The Kitab-i-Aqdas, p. 234)

So which was it Mirza Husayn Ali, clay or God himself? If he truly
believed he was coarser than clay he would have never claimed any
special station for himself.

Cheers

Larry Rowe

*Such a man hath attained the knowledge of the station of Him Who is
"at the distance of two bows," Who standeth beyond the Sadratu'l-
Muntaha. Whoso hath failed to recognize Him will have condemned
himself to the misery of remoteness, a remoteness which is naught but
utter nothingness and the essence of the nethermost fire. Such will be
his fate, though to outward seeming he may occupy the earth's loftiest
seats and be established upon its most exalted throne.

(Baha'u'llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 70)

JG9

Oct 12, 2009, 5:25:06 PM10/12/09
The quotation from Shoghi Effendi's Dispensation of Baha'u'llah that I
posted in another thread clearly explains that no claim to be God
Incarnate or Godhead was made and all else is a mis-interpretation.

Jeffrey

diamondsouled

Oct 12, 2009, 7:02:35 PM10/12/09
Not everything that Shoghi said is true or wise Jeffery. Do you
believe this to be true and wise for example:

"Faithless brother Hussein [Husayn], already abased through
dishonourable conduct over period of years followed by association
with Covenant-breakers in Holy Land and efforts to undermine
Guardian's position, recently further demeaned himself through
marriage under obscure circumstances with low-born Christian girl in
Europe.

(Adib Taherzadeh, The Covenant of Baha'u'llah, p. 362)

Mirza Husayn Ali never once conducted his life as though he believed
that he was: "coarser than clay". He consistently conducted his life
as though he should be treated as God him/herself.

I can not think of one event in Mirza Husayn Ali's life that displayed
any humility whatsoever. I can remember though innumerable events in
his life where he showed just how puffed up he was. His writings are
replete with such vanity, especially his Son of the Wolf.

Mirza Husayn Ali died a bitter and unfulfilled man simply because the
world didn't beat down his door to bend it's knee to him as he
deludedly believed it should.

Sad really because he had shown promise as a Babi, as a Bayani. Too
bad that his ego was so big he couldn't conscience the Bab's
appointment of his half brother Azal.

That he had words such as these coming out one side of his mouth:

Whatsoever hath led the children of men to shun one another, and hath
caused dissensions and divisions amongst them, hath, through the
revelation of these words, been nullified and abolished.

(Baha'u'llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 95)

... while all along out of the other side of his mouth came words of
counsel to shun his own half brother Azal, his family, children
included; is a proof that his pretensions to an elevated and divine
station for himself were pure fantasy.

Cheers

Larry Rowe

diamondsouled

Oct 13, 2009, 11:50:31 AM10/13/09
Howdy Jeffrey,

Was just thinking about how Mirza Husayn Ali had legitimized belief
in himself as god incarnate by confirming: that as long as individuals
were sincere in their beliefs, both views were right*. Both views
being: believing him to be the Supreme Manifestation of God and
believing him to actually be god incarnate.

Clearly Shoghi didn't have the authority to delegitmize this 'major'
school of Baha'i thought once Husayn Ali had legitimized it.

Cheers

Larry Rowe

*The Báb in His Writings portrayed the person of 'Him Whom God shall
make manifest' as majestic, awe-inspiring,  303  incomparable and
infinitely glorious. Their study enables one to acquire a better grasp
of the verities of the Faith of Bahá'u'lláh, although bringing to
light man's inadequacy fully to appreciate the significance of His
Revelation, comprehend the potency of His words, or recognize the
loftiness of His station.

It was perhaps owing to this inadequacy that, at one stage during the
ministry of Bahá'u'lláh, there were two major schools of thought among

the believers concerning His station. Some believed Him to be the

Supreme Manifestation of God, while others went further than this.

When Bahá'u'lláh was asked about His station, He confirmed that as
long as individuals were sincere in their beliefs, both views were
right, but if they argued among themselves or tried to convert each
other, both were wrong. This indicates that man because of his finite
mind will never be able to understand the true station of the
Manifestation of God. The criteria are sincerity and faith. Knowing
man's limitations, God accepts from him what he is able to achieve.

(Adib Taherzadeh, The Revelation of Baha'u'llah v 1, p. 302)

Seon Ferguson

Oct 13, 2009, 7:52:58 PM10/13/09

"JG9" <jeffr...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Yeah I'm with you I believe Bahaullah did declare himself to be the
manifestation of God and I do believe in him but I draw the line at the NSA
being the voice of God. I'm not sure what that makes me.

> Jeffrey

Seon Ferguson

Oct 13, 2009, 7:55:42 PM10/13/09

> On Oct 10, 7:58 pm, "seon" <seo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> "NUR" <wahidaza...@gmail.com> wrote in message

But like with the disciples of Yeshua a small minority of Bahaullah's
followers thought otherwise and like with yeshua he didn't rebuke them. This
explains why Yeshua didn't rebuke one of the disciples when he said my lord
and my God. Perhaps Yeshua, like Bahaullah, believed it didn't matter if
your followers thought you were God because if you were sincere that still
leads to God.
Actually Wahid has helped me gain a deeper understanding of Yeshua and why
he never rebuked his disciples. So this has helped.

Seon Ferguson

Oct 13, 2009, 7:57:01 PM10/13/09

"JG9" <jeffr...@gmail.com> wrote in message

But diamond is right. Some of his followers did think he was God. But as I
said luckily this is not the view shared by Bahai's in Australia. Or at
least the majority of them.

diamondsouled

Oct 13, 2009, 7:37:02 PM10/13/09
Here's one of the Haifan Baha'i counselors speaking about the UHJ:

"We don't want to be like those people who want to see God with their
own eyes, or hear His melody with their own ears, because we have been
given the gift of being able to see through the eyes of the House of
Justice and listen through the ears of the House of Justice." - Bahai
Counselor Rebeque Murphy

To hear this section of her talk go to:

http://media1.bahai.us/tab/Highlights/Sunday/... ...

----

Note that this idolatrous statement has not be reputed by the UHJ, it
is the level of enthrallment to themselves that they now expect:
unquestioning obedience.

Cheers

Larry Rowe

Seon Ferguson

Oct 13, 2009, 9:11:44 PM10/13/09
What utter nonsense (what the guy you quoted said). This is one reason why I
don't want anything to do with the nsa.

"diamondsouled" <ro...@sasktel.net> wrote in message

JG9

Oct 14, 2009, 12:38:39 PM10/14/09
On Oct 13, 5:52 pm, "Seon Ferguson" <seo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "JG9" <jeffrey...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Its no secret what I think of the NSA. They are most certainly not the
voice of God!

Jeffrey

Seon Ferguson

Oct 14, 2009, 9:28:34 PM10/14/09

"JG9" <jeffr...@gmail.com> wrote in message

We are both on the same page regarding that.