A thought provoking question for UHJ and all the Baha’is

Robert Well

Sep 10, 2011, 12:55:33 PM9/10/11
Infallibility of UHJ demands that there should be no election of UHJ.

The Baha’is believe that their administration is divine and the House
of Justice is infalliable. The Baha’is should submit themselves to the
UHJ and let them decide what is good for them, as the Supreme Body is
considered ‘Infallible’.

This means that only the First Election of UHJ in 1963 was required as
it was for the first time that the infallible body was formed. After
that all the subsequent elections and bye elections were absolutely
unwanted for because the UHJ is itself Infallible. The retiring member
should have put this agenda in front of the UHJ that due to his
advanced age he wants to retire and let UHJ decide a new member in his
place. Obviously this decision would have been free of error and the
most eligible member’s name would have emerged out.

Similarly, after the end of every five years the UHJ should have a
special meeting for appointment of members of UHJ for the next five
years, and because the UHJ is free from errors, the most appropriate
members will be on the list.

It would have been better that The Infallible UHJ itself appoints the
members for the infallible body rather than fallible Baha’is
appointing an Infallible Body.

Or let the NSA of different countries nominate a pool of names for the
appointment of Members of UHJ and then the present UHJ selects the
names of the most suitable members for the next UHJ body. I mean,
somewhere or the other the role of UHJ as an infallible body, should
emerge.

If this is accepted than all the efforts to hold International
convention every five years and any bye elections caused by retirement
or death of any member will not be required. Thus the Baha’is will
also get rid from the accusation that the Elections of UHJ is not
actually ‘Election’ but ‘Selection’. The selection will hence be
official.

This would be in true spirit of what Mr. Peter Khan has said:

“This is the challenge we face and it’s inherent in the Ridván 2009
Message. The solution is childish simple; the solution is so simple,
it hardly worth mentioning. The solution is no more and no less than
unreserved acceptance of whatever the central authority of the Cause,
in this case the Universal House of Justice decrees.

If we would hold to that, if we would contemplate it deeply, if we
would absorb the implications and meaning of unreserved acceptance and
implementation of whatever the Central Authority in the Cause decrees
we are safe. Nothing can trouble us, we are in an impregnable
stronghold, and we would become part of this massive movement of
humanity to rescue the world from the perilous disorder, the intense
suffering of the declining process and to usher in the ordained new
world civilization in the Golden Age of the Cause”

The Baha’is should not hesitate from correcting the situation and
accepting mistakes of past. Be logical and adhere to the true spirit
of the Faith. The position of Baha’is today is greatly weakened by
accepting and following blindly without independent investigation and
thoughtful conclusions.

Bob

Sep 10, 2011, 5:22:13 PM9/10/11
On Sep 10, 12:55 pm, Robert Well <robert.we...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Infallibility of UHJ demands that there should be no election of UHJ.

Robert, this is well thought out (no play on your name intended).

The only problem I can see with it, if there is one, is that since it
was first formed, the entire population of the UHJ has been changed at
least once.

This means that while the original UHJ was supposedly infallible, it
no longer is, since its members were (supposedly) elected by fallible
voters.

One way out of this mess would be for the UHJ to admit that all the
elections have been rigged, that the UHJ actually DID select the new
members, and that therefore, by cheating, the UHJ remains infallible.
(Hmm. Maybe that might be a problem, too.)

This would make as much sense as pretending that although absolutely
NO provision had ever been made by the Guardian to have no subsequent
guardians--- this is getting confusing--- that it now somehow makes
sense that there is no guardian, even though the Guardian said that
without one, the faith would be "mutilated." (See my nearby post, The
Guardian Problem.)

I myself believed in the UHJ version of Baha'ism for several years,
but eventually, the house of cards collapsed, and then I was able to
accept Lord Jesus as my personal savior.

Which is what I intensely desire for all Baha'is, and everyone else,
too.