Longer War is Likely Says U.S. General

SemiScholar

Mar 30, 2003, 6:28:24 PM3/30/03
On Sun, 30 Mar 2003 13:39:58 -0500, BlackWater <b...@barrk.net> wrote:

>b...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman) wrote:
>
>>In article <k6k98v0mf8sfhdqij...@4ax.com>,
>>BlackWater <b...@barrk.net> wrote:

>>> So what ? WW-2 lasted four years, Korea three and
>>> Vietnam lasted about a decade. Whether THIS war
>>> takes one month or two - it's STILL gonna be one
>>> of our shortest wars ever.
>>
>>This is year 13. We've had forces there since 1990.
>
> Yea, but not enough to count. If you want to get
> really technical, the Korean was is still going
> on as well.

Yeah, well, judging from the controversy over the Confederate flag in
a number of southern states, the Civil War is still bubbling along,
too...

Arne Langsetmo

Mar 30, 2003, 9:17:41 PM3/30/03
SemiScholar <semis...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<8bve8v89ua3v1vf2a...@4ax.com>...

> On Sun, 30 Mar 2003 13:39:58 -0500, BlackWater <b...@barrk.net> wrote:
>
> >b...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman) wrote:

> >>This is year 13. We've had forces there since 1990.
> >
> > Yea, but not enough to count. If you want to get
> > really technical, the Korean was is still going
> > on as well.

I'm going to make an educated guess and say that my prediction
is that more, and probably _many_ more, soldiers will be killed
in the occupation than are killed in the initial war.

Cheers,

-- Arne Langsetmo

SemiScholar

Mar 30, 2003, 10:52:39 PM3/30/03
On 30 Mar 2003 18:17:41 -0800, zu...@ix.netcom.com (Arne Langsetmo)
wrote:

Yeah? WHat's your guess on whether more US soldiers will be killed by
Iraqis or by "friendly fire"?

What's the ratio so far?

And how about a side guess about how many British soldiers the US will
kill?

banjocat

Mar 31, 2003, 12:57:45 PM3/31/03
On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 07:59:58 -0500, BlackWater <b...@barrk.net> wrote:

> Only in Jessie Jacksons tiny little self-promoting mind.
> 'Red(neck) baiting' is his bread and butter.

Nah... More like in Sonny Perdue's mind.