Obama's Laser-Like Focus on Jobs

vict0r

Sep 5, 2010, 11:47:31 PM9/5/10
Last November, Obama announced that he would turn his attention to
unemployment, calling it "one of the great challenges that remains in our
economy."

He declared the same intent two months later, telling House
Democrats he would focus relentlessly on job creation "over the next several
months." Senior aides went on television pledging that the mantra would
become "jobs, jobs, jobs."

His advisers described his attentiveness - noting, for example, that he
discussed the economy with New York Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg (I) for 15
minutes before golfing - but got little traction.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/02/AR2010090205675_pf.html

---

15 whole minutes out of his golf game! How dare you call Obama out of
touch..

Message has been deleted

The PHANTOM

Sep 6, 2010, 8:50:45 AM9/6/10
On Sep 5, 10:47 pm, "vict0r" <l...@oocom.netb> wrote:
> Last November, Obama announced that he would turn his attention to
> unemployment, calling it "one of the great challenges that remains in our
> economy."
>
> He declared the same intent two months later, telling House
> Democrats he would focus relentlessly on job creation "over the next several
> months." Senior aides went on television pledging that the mantra would
> become "jobs, jobs, jobs."
>
> His advisers described his attentiveness - noting, for example, that he
> discussed the economy with New York Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg (I) for 15
> minutes before golfing - but got little traction.
>
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/02/AR201...

> ---
>
> 15 whole minutes out of his golf game!  How dare you call Obama out of
> touch..

Looks like the Magic Negro's laser needs a new bulb.

Red

Sep 6, 2010, 8:58:12 AM9/6/10
On 9/6/2010 4:28 AM, Buerste wrote:
> "vict0r"<l...@oocom.netb> wrote in message
> He's not out of touch on purpose, he's just clueless.

most foreigners are!

snakehawk

Sep 6, 2010, 9:42:39 AM9/6/10
> Looks like the Magic Negro's laser needs a new bulb.- Hide quoted text -

Obama's big problem is the present makeup of American private
enterprise. Too many narrow-minded, unproductive, and money-grubbing
incompetents have made it to the top executive offices in America's
big cities. Estimates are that US businesses are just sitting on
about $3 trillion of spendable cash and don't seem to know what to do
with it.

Critics are right: America is struggling under a wrongheaded
atmosphere of entitlement. But it's the big business big-wigs backed
by big-money Republicans who seem to think they are entitled to pick
the government's pocket.

We saw that when the Auto moguls flew their private jets to Washington
seeking government money. We saw that when the Too-Big-to-Fail
financial houses demanded government financing, then used the money to
pay executive bonuses. And we see it today with businesses just
sitting on record profits and complaining that the government should
do more for their companies.

The modern American company executive doesn't innovate; he
manipulates. With Republican dedication to globalism ruling the
nation, American companies don't mechanize; they engage in labor
arbitrage, shipping out their labor needs to the cheapest workers they
can find overseas.

They don't invest in the United States to avoid taxes, they just
invest their money overseas, out of reach of the IRS. They don't
protect American technology, they just give it away to foreigners in
return for a few fast bucks. And today, American businessmen claim
they are just sitting on their bulging bank accounts because they are
"uncertain." Poor babies.

President Obama's struggle to put Americans back to work is being
hampered by American business, ridiculed by big-business-controlled
American media, and politically blockaded by a Republican Party
willing to trash the American economy to keep the voters agitated and
dissatisfied in the hope that the voters will return the big-business
Republicfans to power.

Buerste

Sep 6, 2010, 5:12:44 PM9/6/10

"snakehawk" <snak...@MailAndNews.com> wrote in message

*************************************

The "Big Business" guys you like to trash as Republicans are actually
apolitical. They will pay-off whoever is in position to affect
circumstances. They have absolutely no loyalty to either party. However, I
understand how demonizing big business is on page one of the liberal play
book but if you can't see through it, shame on you. Besides, 70%+ of jobs
are created and maintained by small businesses that the liberals are
punishing. THAT'S where jobs come from and small businessmen are scared and
not investing PERIOD! You can't make them risk capital in a hostile
environment.

John Galt

Sep 6, 2010, 5:30:05 PM9/6/10

Exactly correct. There is no voter group more powerful and more *up for
sale* than large corporation management. They'll vote for whoever they
figure gives them the most predictable and profitable business
environment to operate in.

> However, I
> understand how demonizing big business is on page one of the liberal play
> book but if you can't see through it, shame on you. Besides, 70%+ of jobs
> are created and maintained by small businesses that the liberals are
> punishing. THAT'S where jobs come from and small businessmen are scared and
> not investing PERIOD! You can't make them risk capital in a hostile
> environment.

Yup. You keep hearing this semi-nonsense about demand, like "If there
was demand, they'd add jobs". This is a rationalization to avoid hearing
what business is saying, which is "we have no intention of attempting
growth in an uncertain environment, weak demand or not."

I read a statistic some time ago (maybe 15 years or so) about small
businessmen who have a personal net worth of over a million dollars
(figure 1.5-2 million in today's dollars) have, on average, been
bankrupt something like 1.9 times. The successful guy knows what happens
when he (or she) is overextended. They'd rather pass on some income
today rather than risk going out of business later because of the risk
of some fanciful government action that bitchslaps them into bankruptcy.

JG

JG