Anti-American Dixie Chicks tour struggling

1 view

Morales

Jun 8, 2006, 10:06:15 AM6/8/06

Dixie Chicks tour struggling in several markets
Wed Jun 7, 2006 7:08pm ET
By Ray Waddell
NASHVILLE (Billboard) - Initial ticket sales for the Dixie Chicks' upcoming
tour are far below expectations and several dates will likely be canceled or
postoned.

Ticket counts for the 20-plus arena shows that went on sale last weekend
were averaging 5,000-6,000 per show in major markets and less in
secondaries, according to sources contacted by Billboard. Venue capacities
on the tour generally top 15,000.

In contrast, the band's new album, "Taking the Long Way," sold 526,000 units
in its first week, according to Nielsen Soundscan, the third-largest sales
week of 2006. The album logged a second week in the period ended June 4,
according to sales data issued Wednesday.

Despite those numbers, early ticket sales are clearly not meeting
projections. The plug was pulled on public on-sales for shows in
Indianapolis (August 23), Oklahoma City (September 26), Memphis (September
27) and Houston (September 30) because of tepid pre-sales in a national
promotion with Target stores.

The Memphis show has been pulled off the route and the status of the shows
in Indianapolis, Houston and Oklahoma City remains uncertain. Industry
speculation has it that much or all of the tour may be postponed. At the
very least, it is likely routing and capacity will be reconfigured.

Early ticket sales for this tour are in marked contrast to the Chicks' last
proper outing in 2003 when a national on-sale moved some 867,000 tickets the
first weekend, and second shows were added in several markets. The Chicks
ended up with the top-grossing country tour of 2003 at $62 million.

But not all shows on this tour are below projections. "We're happy (with our
on-sale) and comparatively seem to be ahead of most," says John Page, Global
Spectrum COO/GM at Wachovia Center in Philadelphia, where the trio is booked
for July 25. A second date was added for the Air Canada Center in Toronto,
where the first show sold out in eight minutes. "Canada loves the Chicks,"
says ACC booking director Patti-Ann Tarlton.

After two shows in London, the North American tour was set to begin July 21
in Detroit. But with ticket sales below expectations, it is possible the
route and capacities may be further reconfigured. The Chicks are managed by
Simon Renshaw and booked by Rob Light at Creative Artists Agency, both of
whom declined to comment.

Reuters/Billboard

spacer.gif

Mark D. Bass

Jun 8, 2006, 11:30:06 AM6/8/06
Morales wrote:

How are other acts faring in Bush's "robust economy"?

Ronald O'Neal

Jun 8, 2006, 11:46:59 AM6/8/06

"Morales" <Mor...@aol.com> wrote in message

Thanks for the "valuable" info. I know that I as a good Liberal, follow the
Dixie Chicks and hang on every word they speak and every note they play.
They are the only source of Liberal thought and motivation that exist in the
entire world......NOT !

I am quite capable of forming my own opinions without the assistance of
those in the entertainment business. The success or failure of the Dixie
Chicks is, to me, of no concern whatsoever.

The importance of the DC's success apparently exists only in your simple
mind. Dream on.

Bush is a Dunce.

RO

VRWC Destruction Machine

Jun 9, 2006, 9:37:41 AM6/9/06

This past week. Madonna has sold out her concert venues, English boy
band Take That has sold out 6 of their appearances at Wembley Stadium,
Kenny Chesney has sold out shows in Pa. and Pearl Jam sold out its
shows in Boston.

There doesn't appear to be a shortage of disposable income.

-
I'd rather go hunting with V.P. Dick Cheney than get a car ride from Teddy Kennedy.

Message has been deleted

Morton Davis

Jun 9, 2006, 10:44:41 AM6/9/06

"Just Cocky" <ju...@cocky.com> wrote in message
> The previous poster didn't "get it". The Dixie Chicks are being
> punlished by their fans for Anti-Bush remarks. It has nothing to do
> with the economy.

What they are learning is that music fans also have a right to freedom of
expression.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

HoneyBadger

Jun 9, 2006, 11:26:43 AM6/9/06
Only anti-Americans I see are those attempting to
overturn the constitution, spy on American citizens
without warrants, reject the Geneva Convention, gerrymander
voting districts for permanent one party rule, sell
off American jobs to non-democracies and lie to the
American public about reasons for war.

Oddly, the Dixie Chicks don't seem to be part of those
Americans but certainly have drawn attention to them!
Go figure.

--
Mellivora Capensis
http://www.prwatch.org/

Mullah Fuq'ar

Jun 9, 2006, 6:37:17 PM6/9/06
On Fri, 09 Jun 2006 10:25:22 -0400, Just Cocky <ju...@cocky.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 09 Jun 2006 13:37:41 GMT, VRWC Destruction Machine
><VR...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>

>The previous poster didn't "get it". The Dixie Chicks are being
>punlished by their fans for Anti-Bush remarks. It has nothing to do
>with the economy.

Their latest cd sold well, but that may be due to Liberals trying to
make a point. Buying a cd, does take too much effort and they don't
have to play it. Going to a concert takes several hours of valuable
time. To buy a $20 cd is not a big deal, but to pay $75 to make a
point is not worth it plus Liberals who bought the cd may have a
different taste like rock 'n roll or hip hop. The Dipsy Chicks do pop
country and they alienated those who like that kind of music. They
should have hired Larry the Cable Guy as a guest roadie as a gesture
of reconciliation.

-
The Chernobyl nuclear power plant in Ukraine exploded
in 1986, sending chunks of the reactor core flying into
nearby farms and igniting a fire at the reactor that
burned for ten days. It was the worst nuclear disaster
in history--finally giving us a nuclear power plant
that killed more people than died in Teddy Kennedy’s car.

Ann Coulter "Godless" 2006

Mullah Fuq'ar

Jun 10, 2006, 4:15:44 AM6/10/06
On Fri, 09 Jun 2006 15:07:35 GMT, Graphic Queen <pa...@pagan.com>
wrote:

>On Fri, 09 Jun 2006 10:25:22 -0400, Just Cocky <ju...@cocky.com> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 09 Jun 2006 13:37:41 GMT, VRWC Destruction Machine
>><VR...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>

>>The previous poster didn't "get it". The Dixie Chicks are being
>>punlished by their fans for Anti-Bush remarks. It has nothing to do
>>with the economy.
>

>And who gives a shit what they say?

I don't, but when they take to a personal level that's when things are
wished to go bad for the celebrity who has an open mike from MSM. Some
Liberals are eloquent in their dissent, but when they talk like a
usenet hack or a bomb throwing blogger, they better be prepared to
take the heat. Just ask Alec Baldwin and others like him.

Ann Coulter is a right wing bomb thrower, but she dishes out whatever
is thrown at her beliefs. Lefties are piling up against her for her
latest book and many rightwingers are rewarding her by making her book
number 1.

>One must realize that Republicans and Neo-Cons have a hissy fit when a
>Hollywood type, rock star, country star or anyone else in the public
>eye says anything at all against Bush and/or his policies, no matter
>how correct they may be. They keep telling us all how we should not
>pay any attention to them because they, after all, are only actors and
>actresses.

The are only actors and actresses who don't know how to speak without
a script, but the MSM takes them for their words.

>Now, also remember that if any of those type of people say anything
>positive about Bush and/or his policies then those same type of people
>are some of the most intelligent people and should be listened to by
>all of America. Take for instance Brittany Spears. If ever there was a
>basic moron when it comes to politics but the Republicans and Neo-Cons
>were hanging on her every word back when she was interviewed and said
>that she trusted her President (Bush). And if ever there was anyone
>that not one person should listen to when it comes to politics, it
>most certainly is Spears. Hell, as far as I am concerned, she also
>can't sing.

Brittany Spears happens to be one of the most over rated artists and
I've never heard her views on politics. Being a pro-business
Conservative, I can appreciate her skills in manipulating her fan
base.

>So, of course they love the bitch, who used to be male, called Ann
>Coulter. Come on, the bitch Ann is nothing but a true asshole and
>anyone that even listens to that shrill, loud and obnoxious bitch
>shows how they can't think for themselves. I put her in the same
>category as Rush Limbaugh. Entertainment and nothing more. Except that
>even Rush shows a little intelligence and I don't mind listening to
>him sometimes but I refuse to listen to someone as hateful and such a
>lying bitch as Coulter. Give me Pat Buchanan any time, someone who
>actually has a brain and only wants what is good for the country.

Ann Coulter feeds Liberals the same crap they put out. She doesn't
give anyone a free pass. Because widows, grieving parents and veterans
are not immune to criticism because of their personal loss.

John Kerry tried to capitalize on his veteran status. During the
Democratic primaries on 2004, he became a joke because he always
reminded us he was in Vietnam. He gained a shitload of military
experience in three months of service. Liberals think John Murtha is
untouchable because he was a veteran. People are told to give Cindy
Sheehan a break because her son died in Iraq. People are jumping on
Ann Coulter because what she wrote about the Jersey Girls. Every news
commentator who tried to skewer Coulter failed because they couldn't
quote the book verbatim or took a line out of context. Coulter may be
a bitch, but she is a dangerous bitch to Liberals.

Roedy Green

Jun 10, 2006, 5:24:29 AM6/10/06
On Thu, 8 Jun 2006 10:06:15 -0400, "Morales" <Mor...@aol.com> wrote,

>- Initial ticket sales for the Dixie Chicks' upcoming
>tour are far below expectations and several dates will likely be canceled or
>postoned.

Country music is an American taste. Most of the rest of world gag on
it. The anti-war message is not sufficient to make non-Americans
endure it.
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green, http://mindprod.com
"It is not necessary to change. Survival is not mandatory."

Morton Davis

Jun 10, 2006, 7:43:56 AM6/10/06

"Mullah Fuq'ar" <BombCh...@Killem.net> wrote in message

> The Chernobyl nuclear power plant in Ukraine exploded
> in 1986, sending chunks of the reactor core flying into
> nearby farms and igniting a fire at the reactor that
> burned for ten days. It was the worst nuclear disaster
> in history--finally giving us a nuclear power plant
> that killed more people than died in Teddy Kennedy's car.
>
> Ann Coulter "Godless" 2006

Ted Kennedy's car didn't kill anyone. Mary Jo was alive for a long time
after the wreck. SHe was injured and breathing air trapped inside the car,
fighting for her life. Meanwhile, Ted Kennedy left her there and went back
to drinking with his chums. He didn't call the cops. He didn't call anyone
to help. Ted Kennedy's criminal negeligence kiled Mary Jo. He should have
gone to prison. Kennedy, Kerry, Clinton - three Democrat felons who were
given a fgree ride rather than getting what they deserved.

rightwinghank

Jun 10, 2006, 8:45:10 AM6/10/06
I smell FISH! Is that you HoneyBadger?

Say...how bout some personal hygine?

BTW...I sent out the 4 D cells for your "toy" that you requested...hold
on love...

Its commmmming.
love
hank

t1gercat

Jun 10, 2006, 8:57:42 AM6/10/06

Interesting

> I don't, but when they take to a personal level that's when things are
> wished to go bad for the celebrity who has an open mike from MSM. Some
> Liberals are eloquent in their dissent, but when they talk like a
> usenet hack or a bomb throwing blogger, they better be prepared to
> take the heat. Just ask Alec Baldwin and others like him.

When have the Dixie Chicks ever done that? They object to the war and
to the undeniable fact that we went to war decieved by a combination of
manipuated intelligence and outright lies. That's hardly news. If
anything, they've been restrained in their remarks. By the way, I
bought ALL their CDs. They're great entertainers and they're true to
their roots.

> Ann Coulter is a right wing bomb thrower, but she dishes out whatever
> is thrown at her beliefs.

Really??? When was the last time a mainstream Liberal writer condemned
widows or veterans for supporting the war? Quote one.

> Lefties are piling up against her for her
> latest book and many rightwingers are rewarding her by making her book
> number 1.

Many conservatives find her to be an embarrassment. As for "many"
rightwingers rewarding her, I'd hesitate a bit. Her book sales are
usually artifically pumped by block purchases from wealthy right-wing
fanatics who then resell the books at a loss or given them away (or
just dump them back in the pulp).

> >One must realize that Republicans and Neo-Cons have a hissy fit when a
> >Hollywood type, rock star, country star or anyone else in the public
> >eye says anything at all against Bush and/or his policies, no matter
> >how correct they may be. They keep telling us all how we should not
> >pay any attention to them because they, after all, are only actors and
> >actresses.
> >
> The are only actors and actresses who don't know how to speak without
> a script, but the MSM takes them for their words.

Yeah, just like Ronald Reagan. Funny, I didn't see any rightwingers
scream in anguish when Ron Silver -- just an actor -- took the podium
at the Republican covention. Today's right wing Pugs are the most
sensitive, most whiny, most intellectually insecure clutch of ideologs
American politics has ever produced. Their stock reaction to anyone
speaking out -- especially actors -- is to howl in fear and anguish
then to scream that these actors or musicians or whatever should shut
up because they, well, they're entertainers and have no right to use
their fame to amplify their voice. It's perfectly OK, though, for the
president to use the military as a prop, or to prance about in a flight
suit. It's OK, if the entertainers are OUR entertainers, actors or
musicians or writers with a right-wing bias. It's only not OK if they
disagree with us. This is utterly junvenile. Grow up.

> >Now, also remember that if any of those type of people say anything
> >positive about Bush and/or his policies then those same type of people
> >are some of the most intelligent people and should be listened to by
> >all of America. Take for instance Brittany Spears. If ever there was a
> >basic moron when it comes to politics but the Republicans and Neo-Cons
> >were hanging on her every word back when she was interviewed and said
> >that she trusted her President (Bush). And if ever there was anyone
> >that not one person should listen to when it comes to politics, it
> >most certainly is Spears. Hell, as far as I am concerned, she also
> >can't sing.
> >
> Brittany Spears happens to be one of the most over rated artists and
> I've never heard her views on politics. Being a pro-business
> Conservative, I can appreciate her skills in manipulating her fan
> base.

What's a "pro-business" conservative? You mean a "pro-business"
conservative like, say, Ken Lay or Jeff Skilling? (Both prominent Pugs
before their downfall.) A "pro-business" conservative who enjoys huge
budget deficits and useles wars?

> >So, of course they love the bitch, who used to be male, called Ann
> >Coulter. Come on, the bitch Ann is nothing but a true asshole and
> >anyone that even listens to that shrill, loud and obnoxious bitch
> >shows how they can't think for themselves. I put her in the same
> >category as Rush Limbaugh. Entertainment and nothing more. Except that
> >even Rush shows a little intelligence and I don't mind listening to
> >him sometimes but I refuse to listen to someone as hateful and such a
> >lying bitch as Coulter. Give me Pat Buchanan any time, someone who
> >actually has a brain and only wants what is good for the country.
> >
> Ann Coulter feeds Liberals the same crap they put out. She doesn't
> give anyone a free pass. Because widows, grieving parents and veterans
> are not immune to criticism because of their personal loss.

Read your own words, shithead. You're saying, basically, that these
people are fair game. Since they've put themselves in the public eye we
can call them whatever we want, ignore their ideas and attack them
personally in whatever way we want. What kind of politics is that? It's
nothing more than the politics of insult and vilification, the vile,
nasty tactics of demagoguery. The situation is aggravated by the
peculiar position of these folks, as victims of a national catastrophe,
but even if they weren't, the language, the meanness, the personal
insults, the very vitriol of Coulter's remarks is inexcusable. Those
widows never asked for a "free pass," by the way. That's Coulter's
invention. They just asked to be heard. Do you actually know what the
9-11 widows have said? Do you realize that all they're asking for is
adherence to the findings of the 9-11 commission? The same thing that
Governor Kean (Republican) is demanding. Where in her book of villiany
does Coulter address that?

> John Kerry tried to capitalize on his veteran status. During the
> Democratic primaries on 2004, he became a joke because he always
> reminded us he was in Vietnam.

He won the primary, numbskull.

>He gained a shitload of military
> experience in three months of service.

Kerry was a Naval Officer who served on board ship for a year before
voluteering for Swiftboat duty. He was a Swiftboat commander for a
little over four months. By that time, he had earned a Silver Star and
three Purple Hearts. You don't need more than a day -- or even an hour
-- to earn a bucketful of medals. But you wouldn't know that, would
you? You've never fired a shot in anger, never been in the military,
and are too dumb or too lazy to learn about it.

> Liberals think John Murtha is
> untouchable because he was a veteran.

Really?? Who ever said that? What Liberals have said is that Murtha
served 27 years in the Marine Corps. He's a credible voice when he
speaks out on military matters. If he's wrong about something, he's
wrong about it. Attack his ideas but don't attack the man. The Pug's
problem is that none of their leadership ever did anything even
remotely similar, so, to cover up their own pathtic inadequacies, they
attack the man. After all, how many years did Cheney or Hastert, or
DeLay, or Gonzales, or Ashcroft, or Frist, or Gingrich serve? How much
combat did Bush see while cowering in the TANG? Murtha's a problem to
Pugs, because in contrast to him, they appear weak and cowardly, and
their voices have no authority. How do you defeat that? Oh, just attack
the man. Call him names. Disparage his career. Question his loyalty and
patriotism. Keep him on the defensive. But never engage him in debate.
The Pugs can't win on facts, but if they keep the propaganda rolling,
they think they can win on insults.

> People are told to give Cindy
> Sheehan a break because her son died in Iraq.

No, that's not want "people have said." What Liberals have said is
don't attack the woman's patriotism or honor just because she's chosen
to speak out. The right always tries to turn the issue of a useless war
into a an issue of patriotism. That way they can avoid avoid real
debate and fire up their rather dull and stupid mass. The rightwingers
want their goldstar mothers to be quiet and supportive of any lunatic
idea the administration has. It drives them batty when a goldstar
mother stands and says the war is a crock (which it is). Unable to
defend the war, they then personally attack the mother, call her names,
question her motives, even disparage her looks. Coulter is just egging
them on. Go on, she says, dump on the bitch, don't let her status as
the mother of a dead soldier stop you. It's open season, call her
whatever vile name you want; she has no special status. Tear her down;
it's the only way you'll win, because you can't argue facts.

> People are jumping on
> Ann Coulter because what she wrote about the Jersey Girls.

The "Jersey girls?" Girls? Tell me, boy, why do you call them "Girls?"
They're all accomplished women with college degrees, who are quite
articulate and quite intelligent. The reptillian Ms. Coulter, with her
fine ear for propaganda, has coined that term to diminish and disparage
them. What she said about them were a collection of abominable and
disgusting insults. She never once debated their ideas.

>Every news
> commentator who tried to skewer Coulter failed because they couldn't
> quote the book verbatim or took a line out of context.

Horseshit. The quotes were NOT taken out of context. They were full
sentences and Coulter hasn't denied any of it.

> Coulter may be
> a bitch, but she is a dangerous bitch to Liberals.

She's dangerous to the country, you shithead. No one who calls themself
a conservative should ever defend her. She's vicious and intolerant.
She advocates violence of the worst sort. She appeals not to reason but
to pure emotion. And she lies.

By the way, Spanky, Chernoble also gave us a nuclear disaster that
finally killed more people than died as a result of Larua Bush's
driving. Like that comparison? Find it fair?

Wexford

BC

Jun 10, 2006, 9:34:35 AM6/10/06

Didn't Teddy dive undewater in the pitch black darkness
to try to rescue her, and then went back to the party to
bring back help? Or are you talking about someone else?

And didn't Kerry volunteer for Vietnam service when Vietnam
was a meat grinder, got wounded, and then came home?
Or are you confusing him with someone else who used
family connections to get into Guard service only to blow
off his last couple of years of duty?

And didn't Clinton only danced around the definition of
"what is sex" in regards to a blow job? It wasn't like he had
the CIA involved in murderous Latin American shenanigans
or knowingly provided aid and support to brutal, murderous
middle eastern dictators.

As far as the Dixie Chicks go, they play straight-up
country music, which doesn't have wide appeal outside
of the red states and hick areas. Since the dumb and
dumbers who live in those areas still, after all this time,
haven't quite figured out that Maines was 100% right
about Bush, her band is still blacklisted and boycotted
in the land of science-haters, poopkickers, sudafed-
cookers, and Republican-toadying corporate radio.

Hope this clarifies.

-BC

Kyle Daulton

Jun 10, 2006, 10:03:55 AM6/10/06

"rightwinghank" <rightw...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>I smell FISH! Is that you HoneyBadger?

No. You're probably sitting with your legs too far apart.

--
"...would Jesus smack me down? Most likely..." -- Matthew Ogilvie

W.Henry

Jun 10, 2006, 1:03:02 PM6/10/06

"t1gercat" <wexfo...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
:

cite?

Message has been deleted

Mullah Fuq'ar

Jun 10, 2006, 7:49:01 PM6/10/06
On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 11:43:56 GMT, "Morton Davis" <anti...@go.com>
wrote:

The quote didn't say Ted Kennedy's car killed someone. It implied that
someone died in Tubby Kennedy's car. Did you know that the Inebriated
Tubmeister first reported the accident to his family's lawyer instead
of notifying emergency services and he did it ten hours after the
fact.

-

The Chernobyl nuclear power plant in Ukraine exploded
in 1986, sending chunks of the reactor core flying into
nearby farms and igniting a fire at the reactor that
burned for ten days. It was the worst nuclear disaster
in history--finally giving us a nuclear power plant
that killed more people than died in Teddy Kennedy’s car.

Ann Coulter "Godless" 2006

Mullah Fuq'ar

Jun 10, 2006, 8:33:37 PM6/10/06
On 10 Jun 2006 06:34:35 -0700, "BC" <call...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Morton Davis wrote:
>> "Mullah Fuq'ar" <BombCh...@Killem.net> wrote in message
>> > The Chernobyl nuclear power plant in Ukraine exploded
>> > in 1986, sending chunks of the reactor core flying into
>> > nearby farms and igniting a fire at the reactor that
>> > burned for ten days. It was the worst nuclear disaster
>> > in history--finally giving us a nuclear power plant
>> > that killed more people than died in Teddy Kennedy's car.
>> >
>> > Ann Coulter "Godless" 2006
>> >

>> Ted Kennedy's car didn't kill anyone. Mary Jo was alive for a long time
>> after the wreck. SHe was injured and breathing air trapped inside the car,
>> fighting for her life. Meanwhile, Ted Kennedy left her there and went back
>> to drinking with his chums. He didn't call the cops. He didn't call anyone
>> to help. Ted Kennedy's criminal negeligence kiled Mary Jo. He should have
>> gone to prison. Kennedy, Kerry, Clinton - three Democrat felons who were
>> given a fgree ride rather than getting what they deserved.
>
>Didn't Teddy dive undewater in the pitch black darkness
>to try to rescue her, and then went back to the party to
>bring back help? Or are you talking about someone else?

Within hours of Kopechne's death, a Kennedy aide named Dun Gifford
flew a chartered plane into Edgartown (the Martha's Vineyard town that
Chappaquiddick is a part of), with orders to get the body off the
island. Before Massachusetts officials had even decided whether to
perform an autopsy to settle the cause of death, Kopechne's remains
were in Pennsylvania -- beyond the state's jurisdiction.

Though Kennedy managed to extricate himself from the car and get back
to his motel that night, Kopechne remained in the car until her body
was recovered by a Fire Department diver at 8:45 the next morning. To
the diver, Captain John Farrar, it was clear that she had neither
drowned nor died quickly. Kopechne survived for some time by breathing
a pocket of trapped air, finally suffocating to death when the oxygen
ran out. When Kennedy reported the accident to the Edgartown police,
it was 9:45 a.m. -- some nine or 10 hours after he left Kopechne in
his car.

Why didn't Kennedy call for help to rescue Kopechne?

Because, he said, he was in shock. He called his behavior "irrational,
indefensible, inexcusable, and inexplicable."

Yet he was not too traumatized to return to the barbecue and fetch two
close lawyer friends, Joey Gargan and Paul Markham. He was not too
traumatized to make more than 16 long-distance phone calls that night
to aides and advisers (none of whom tried to get help to Kopechne,
either). Despite his "shock," he managed to: return to his motel,
complain to the manager about a noisy party, go to sleep, chat with a
friend the next morning about the boat race, order two newspapers,
meet again with Gargan and Markham, and return to Chappaquiddick to
call another lawyer from a pay phone -- all before going to the
police.

Do you live in a bubble?

>And didn't Kerry volunteer for Vietnam service when Vietnam
>was a meat grinder, got wounded, and then came home?
>Or are you confusing him with someone else who used
>family connections to get into Guard service only to blow
>off his last couple of years of duty?

Can Bubble Boy come out and play?

John Kerry's anti-Americanism manefested itself after he came home
from Nam. Don't you or can you remember he spoke in front of the
Senate Foreign Relations Committee in which he lied about troops in
Vietnam and the Wintersoldier meeting.

On January 31, 1971, members of Vietnam Veterans Against the War
(VVAW) met in a Detroit hotel to document war crimes they claimed to
have participated in or witnessed during their combat tours in
Vietnam. During the next three days, more than 100 Vietnam veterans
and 16 civilians gave anguished, emotional testimony describing
hundreds of atrocities against innocent civilians in South Vietnam,
including rape, arson, torture, murder, and the shelling or napalming
of entire villages. The witnesses stated that these acts were being
committed casually and routinely, under orders, as a matter of policy.

But the mass murder of civilians was never American policy in Vietnam.
War crimes were the exception, not the rule. And the Winter Soldier
tribunal itself -- which John Kerry had helped moderate -- turned out
to be "packed with pretenders and liars."

>And didn't Clinton only danced around the definition of
>"what is sex" in regards to a blow job? It wasn't like he had
>the CIA involved in murderous Latin American shenanigans
>or knowingly provided aid and support to brutal, murderous
>middle eastern dictators.

Of course Clinton was too busy sharing military secrets with the
Communist Chinese government.

>As far as the Dixie Chicks go, they play straight-up
>country music, which doesn't have wide appeal outside
>of the red states and hick areas. Since the dumb and
>dumbers who live in those areas still, after all this time,
>haven't quite figured out that Maines was 100% right
>about Bush, her band is still blacklisted and boycotted
>in the land of science-haters, poopkickers, sudafed-
>cookers, and Republican-toadying corporate radio.

You stereotyping country music fans is making the same error the Dipsy
Chicks are making. That's why their current concert tour sucks.

You're an idiot for blaming the Dipsy Chicks being shunned by country
music. The did it themselves.

>Hope this clarifies.
>
>-BC

It is quite clear you support anti-Americanism and is an idiot.

-

The Chernobyl nuclear power plant in Ukraine exploded
in 1986, sending chunks of the reactor core flying into
nearby farms and igniting a fire at the reactor that
burned for ten days. It was the worst nuclear disaster
in history--finally giving us a nuclear power plant
that killed more people than died in Teddy Kennedy’s car.

Ann Coulter "Godless" 2006

BC

Jun 10, 2006, 11:16:06 PM6/10/06

Do all you right-wing crackhead morons wake up
in the morning and decide in advance what sort of
malicious behavior you're going to engage in, or is
is just a matter of opportunity to engage in shithead
activity?

Kopechne and Kennedy left a party and then Kennedy
made a wrong turn and crashed into a river. At night,
remmeber. Despite being injured in the crash, Kennedy
dove into to the pitch black water to try to rescue Mary
Jo. Failing that, he walked back to the party to get some
friends to help. Accident caused by carelessness.
Details, details.

The best evidence has *always* been that Chappaquiddick
was only a tragic accident, with the only real questions
(that is, if you're not a right-wing loon) being about what
Kennedy should've, could've done after the accident. Even
then, what he did do doesn't seem all the wrong: first diving
into the pitch-black water afterwards to try to rescue her
himself, and then going back to the party to get friends to
try to reach Kopechne.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Kennedy#Chappaquiddick

And people always leave out the context of the
Chappaquiddick accident: it was just one year after his
brother Robert was assassinated, five years after a plane
crash that almost killed him and had given him chronic
back problems, and 6 years after his brother John Kennedy
was assassinated. Ted wasn't the scholar in the family and
probably wouldn't have been noticed all that much except
for his brothers, but over the years he's proven to be a die
hard liberal in both the good and bad sense of the word, but
a hard drinking life aside, his personal integrity was always
at a much, MUCH higher plane than short-fingered, selfish,
scheming, chronic liars like Bush, Cheney, that sorry-ass
rogues gallery called the Republican leadership, and certainly
more than worthless little pissants like you who find great
pleasure in repeating mindless right-drivel whenever
possible.

> Do you live in a bubble?

Do you have a bubble for a brain?

> >And didn't Kerry volunteer for Vietnam service when Vietnam
> >was a meat grinder, got wounded, and then came home?
> >Or are you confusing him with someone else who used
> >family connections to get into Guard service only to blow
> >off his last couple of years of duty?
>
> Can Bubble Boy come out and play?
>
> John Kerry's anti-Americanism manefested itself after he came home
> from Nam. Don't you or can you remember he spoke in front of the
> Senate Foreign Relations Committee in which he lied about troops in
> Vietnam and the Wintersoldier meeting.

Oh, he lied, did he?

> On January 31, 1971, members of Vietnam Veterans Against the War
> (VVAW) met in a Detroit hotel to document war crimes they claimed to
> have participated in or witnessed during their combat tours in
> Vietnam. During the next three days, more than 100 Vietnam veterans
> and 16 civilians gave anguished, emotional testimony describing
> hundreds of atrocities against innocent civilians in South Vietnam,
> including rape, arson, torture, murder, and the shelling or napalming
> of entire villages. The witnesses stated that these acts were being
> committed casually and routinely, under orders, as a matter of policy.
>
> But the mass murder of civilians was never American policy in Vietnam.
> War crimes were the exception, not the rule. And the Winter Soldier
> tribunal itself -- which John Kerry had helped moderate -- turned out
> to be "packed with pretenders and liars."

Let me Google "packed with pretenders and liars" and
see what I get.... http://ice.he.net/~freepnet/kerry

Now what is this "ice.he.net/~freepnet site? Well
just put this in, http://ice.he.net/~freepnet, and you
get: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/browse

A Freeper site. Surprise, surprise.

But if you use this: http://ice.he.net/~freepnet/kerry,
you get www.wintersoldier.com.

And who runs wintersoldier.com?
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Scott_Swett

It appears that all of that retarded BS you just posted
is no more than the usual lying-ass BS propagated by
Freepers, ex-Nixon toady and chronic liar John O'Neill
and his merry little utterly discredited band of Swift Boat
Liars.
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Swift_Boat_Veterans_for_Truth
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Swift_Boat_Veterans_for_Truth_Republican_Connection
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=John_E._O%27Neill
http://homepage.mac.com/chinesemac/kerry_medals/truth.html

> >And didn't Clinton only danced around the definition of
> >"what is sex" in regards to a blow job? It wasn't like he had
> >the CIA involved in murderous Latin American shenanigans
> >or knowingly provided aid and support to brutal, murderous
> >middle eastern dictators.
> >
> Of course Clinton was too busy sharing military secrets with the
> Communist Chinese government.

Guess again, dumbass -- you're batting .000
http://www.consortiumnews.com/2001/021601a.html

> >As far as the Dixie Chicks go, they play straight-up
> >country music, which doesn't have wide appeal outside
> >of the red states and hick areas. Since the dumb and
> >dumbers who live in those areas still, after all this time,
> >haven't quite figured out that Maines was 100% right
> >about Bush, her band is still blacklisted and boycotted
> >in the land of science-haters, poopkickers, sudafed-
> >cookers, and Republican-toadying corporate radio.
> >

> You stereotyping country music fans is making the same error the Dipsy
> Chicks are making. That's why their current concert tour sucks.

The demographics are that the county music
dominates the "heartland" aka "The Flyover States" aka
"The Red States" aka "Bush Country" aka "Dumb and
Dumberland" and the Dixie Chicks are unfortunately a
straight-up country band, which puts them in an awkward
position with what should be their core audience:
http://www.asecular.com/ran/terms/redneckistan.htm

> You're an idiot for blaming the Dipsy Chicks being shunned by country
> music. The did it themselves.

Who's the idiot? Let's examine what the "Dipsy Chicks"
did, shall we: While the band was on tour in London,
Bush launched his half-ass,ill-planned invasion of Iraq
using a huge pile of lies as an excuse. Natalie Maines
then made this public comment about it: "Just so you
know, we're ashamed the president of the United States
is from Texas."

The predictable response from the gullible, malicious
right-wing poop-kickers in the Red States was to call the
Dixie Chicks traitors, make death threats and call for
boycotts. Several Republican-toadying large radio station
chains including Cumulus Media, Cox Radio, and Clear
Channel Communications (despite their disengenuous
claims to the contrary) decided to exercise their
Republican-given right of censoring anybody they don't
like by ordering (or "suggesting") that the Dixie chicks be
banned from airplay. Of course it didn't matter to those
stupid f*ckheads then and apparently not even now that
Maines merely expressed the logical opinion of an ethical,
well-informed person. Just as stupid was the claim that
she shouldn't have criticized Bush in a foreign country:
the war started when the Dixie Chicks just happen to be
overseas -- should they have to fly back home just to
express their opinions?

So it would appear that the only "dips" involving the chicks
came from the all-too-friggin usual right, surprise, friggin
surprise.

> It is quite clear you support anti-Americanism and is an idiot.

I do believe I rather well-documented that not only are you
"is an idiot," but that you are a malicious, rumor-mongering
liar as well.

> Ann Coulter "Godless" 2006

Coulter Interruptus

I'm a crack whore and I don't care
I'm a crack whore and I don't care
I'm a crack whore and I don't care
My ethics gone away

When I was young I went to school
Became a goddamn right-wing fool
Made the Order of the Coif somehow
Despite even then being a big mouth cow

I'm a crack whore and I don't care
I'm a crack whore and I don't care
I'm a crack whore and I don't care
My ethics gone away

I make good money writing books
That are mostly bought by right-wing kooks
But it's on TV I shine the most
Especially with a smirking, dumb Fox host

I'm a crack whore and I don't care
I'm a crack whore and I don't care
I'm a crack whore and I don't care
My ethics gone away

The National Review fired my ass
Because they claimed I showed no class
Fuck them and their liberal ways
They behave more like lisping gays

I'm a crack whore and I don't care
I'm a crack whore and I don't care
I'm a crack whore and I don't care
My ethics gone away

Liberals hate God and the USA
And they lie in everything they say
That this is all made up doesn't matter
It makes me the center of all this chatter

I'm a crack whore and I don't care
I'm a crack whore and I don't care
I'm a crack whore and I don't care
My ethics gone away

My lastest target are those 9/11 bitches
Who pushed to know about pre-9/11 glitches
The result being that 9/11 Commission bullshit
Claiming Bush's evidence fell short a bit

I'm a crack whore and I don't care
I'm a crack whore and I don't care
I'm a crack whore and I don't care
My ethics gone away

I hate truth and I hate facts
I give fairness and logic a good swift axe
I maliciously insult with dumbass flair
Because I'm a crack whore and I don't care.

-BC (In behalf of Ann Coulter)

johnny@.

Jun 10, 2006, 11:28:06 PM6/10/06

How do you know that?

David Eduardo

Jun 10, 2006, 11:52:41 PM6/10/06

<johnny@.> wrote in message

> BC wrote:
>>
>> Kopechne and Kennedy left a party and then Kennedy
>> made a wrong turn and crashed into a river. At night,
>> remmeber. Despite being injured in the crash, Kennedy
>> dove into to the pitch black water to try to rescue Mary
>> Jo.
>
> How do you know that?

He was Teddy's bartender.

Morton Davis

Jun 11, 2006, 12:31:18 AM6/11/06

<johnny@.> wrote in message
> [...]

He's a liar.

BC

Jun 11, 2006, 12:33:22 AM6/11/06

That was the testimony he gave the police and like all
those Kennedys then, he was a serious swimmer with
an imbedded sense of duty so there was no reason to
doubt he didn't try to help initially. Not hard evidence,
but certainly more reasonable and much more likely
than the near-psychopathic rumors and smears that have
become a key part of the modern Republican canon:

I'm Republican and I'm confused
I like George Bush and I view Fox News

CHORUS: He's Republican and he's confused,
He likes George Bush and he views Fox News.

I cut down trees, pollute the earth
And drive a big-ass SUV
I smear Kennedys and Clintons
And watch pornography

Mounties: He cuts down trees, pollutes the earth
And drives a big-ass SUV
He smears Kennedys and Clintons
And watches pornography

CHORUS: He's Republican and he's confused,
He likes George Bush and he views Fox News.

I cut down trees, I skip and jump,
Go sheepherding with some guys
I think truth is all political
And science is all lies

Mounties: He cuts down trees, he skips and jumps,
Goes sheepherding with some guys
He thinks truth is all political
And science is all lies

CHORUS: He's Republican and he's confused,
He likes George Bush and he views Fox News.

I chop down trees, I say my prayers
After doing some S&M
I wish I changed my gender
And had sex with lots of men

Mounties: He chops down trees, he says his prayers,
After doing some S&M
He wishes he changed his gender
And had sex with lots of men

CHORUS: He's Republican and he's confused,
He likes George Bush and he views Fox News.

(Apologies to Monty Python.)

-BC

t1gercat

Jun 11, 2006, 2:29:31 AM6/11/06

W.Henry wrote:
> : Many conservatives find her to be an embarrassment. As for "many"
> : rightwingers rewarding her, I'd hesitate a bit. Her book sales are
> : usually artifically pumped by block purchases from wealthy right-wing
> : fanatics who then resell the books at a loss or given them away (or
> : just dump them back in the pulp).
>
> cite?

Take a look at the NY Times bestseller list. You'll find a plus sign
(or a star) beside the sales figure. It means that block purchases have
taken place.

BC

Jun 11, 2006, 2:45:01 AM6/11/06

What retard thread did I wander into?
"talk.politics.right-wing-cretins"? It does
remind me of a joke for some reason:

A Bush voter walks into a Wal-Mart
to buy a big-screen TV set.

While browsing, he's approached by a guy
who says he can get him a $1000 LCD TV
set for only $100 if he meets him around
back with his car. The Bush-voter
immediately heads out the store, gets into
his car and drives around to the back of the
store. There he finds the other guy waiting
with a Panasonic box for a 36" LCD TV.
The Bush-voter pays the guy the $100 and
they both carefully load the box into the car.

When the Bush-voter gets home, he gets
a neighbor to help him carry the box into
the house. The Bush-voter then excitedly
tears open the box -- only to find just wood
and plasterboard inside. Before the neighbor
could say anything, the Bush-voter goes,
"Aw dang, I knew there had to be a catch --
you have to put the durn thing together
yourself."

-BC

Governor Swill

Jun 11, 2006, 2:59:45 AM6/11/06
On Fri, 09 Jun 2006 10:25:22 -0400, Just Cocky <ju...@cocky.com> wrote:

>The previous poster didn't "get it". The Dixie Chicks are being
>punlished by their fans for Anti-Bush remarks. It has nothing to do
>with the economy.

Or their music, which I'm sure those same fans can't bring themselves
to listen to. I can almost hear the boycott campaigns start against
the stations that dared to play any of their new album.

Swill
--
"Press one to be monitored by the CIA, press two to be monitored by the FBI, press three to be monitored by the NSA. Press zero if you'd like to speak a live operator and have your source intimidated immediately."
Formal dinner: A place where the forks are on the left, and the politics are on the right.

Governor Swill

Jun 11, 2006, 3:01:07 AM6/11/06
On Fri, 09 Jun 2006 14:44:41 GMT, "Morton Davis" <anti...@go.com>
wrote:

>What they are learning is that music fans also have a right to freedom of
>expression.

Political speech. You don't want it, don't buy it. Still, it's hard
to reconcile suddenly dumping a friend because they have a different
view on a political issue. Fickle public, I guess.

Governor Swill

Jun 11, 2006, 3:02:21 AM6/11/06
On 10 Jun 2006 00:37:17 +0200, Mullah Fuq'ar <BombCh...@Killem.net>
wrote:

>They
>should have hired Larry the Cable Guy as a guest roadie as a gesture
>of reconciliation.

They could do a lynching scene on Blue Collar Comedy.

Governor Swill

Jun 11, 2006, 3:06:41 AM6/11/06
On Fri, 09 Jun 2006 11:26:43 -0400, HoneyBadger <scotnormanviking.net>
wrote:

>Only anti-Americans I see are those attempting to
>overturn the constitution, spy on American citizens
>without warrants, reject the Geneva Convention, gerrymander
>voting districts for permanent one party rule, sell
>off American jobs to non-democracies and lie to the
>American public about reasons for war.
>
>Oddly, the Dixie Chicks don't seem to be part of those
>Americans but certainly have drawn attention to them!
>Go figure.

New Sig!

Swill
--

"Only anti-Americans I see are those attempting to overturn the constitution, spy on American citizens without warrants, reject the Geneva Convention, gerrymander voting districts for permanent one party rule, sell off American jobs to non-democracies and lie to the American public about reasons for war.

Eyeball Kid

Jun 11, 2006, 3:14:40 AM6/11/06
In article <jrfn82phvutidtk0u...@4ax.com>, Governor Swill
<govern...@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 09 Jun 2006 14:44:41 GMT, "Morton Davis" <anti...@go.com>
> wrote:
>
> >What they are learning is that music fans also have a right to freedom of
> >expression.
>
> Political speech. You don't want it, don't buy it. Still, it's hard
> to reconcile suddenly dumping a friend because they have a different
> view on a political issue. Fickle public, I guess.
>
> Swill

Last I saw, the Dixie Chicks had launched a new album and were getting
some good publicity for their music. As far as I know, they are in
charge of their musical future. If they want to express their political
opinions, that's just fine by me. If they aren't making as much money
as they were previously, so what? By most standards, maximizing profits
without considering a human element is reserved for nonpersonal
corporations. There are entertainers whom I won't patronize because of
their political beliefs, so the sword cuts both ways. But that's the
way the world works, folks. On the positive side, the Dixie Chicks took
the heat and stayed in the kitchen. And that counts for something.

E. K.

--
"You can fool some of the people all of the time,
 and those are the ones you want to concentrate on."

"I even take the position that sexual orgies eliminate social tensions and
ought to be encouraged." US Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, 2004

"The American Way of Life is not negotiable." Dick Cheney, 2001

"The American Way of Life is heading for extinction." Eyeball Kid, 2006

Free humor. Whenever you want. http://www.psmueller.com

Stevel

Jun 11, 2006, 4:20:25 AM6/11/06

Graphic Queen wrote:
> On Fri, 09 Jun 2006 14:44:41 GMT, "Morton Davis" <anti...@go.com>
> wrote:
>

> >"Just Cocky" <ju...@cocky.com> wrote in message
> >> The previous poster didn't "get it". The Dixie Chicks are being
> >> punlished by their fans for Anti-Bush remarks. It has nothing to do
> >> with the economy.
> >>

> >What they are learning is that music fans also have a right to freedom of
> >expression.
> >
> Not unless they agree that Bush is a wonderful President. Anyone else
> does not have freedom of speech in this country. Who the hell cares
> what the Dixie Chicks think about politics anyway?
> --
>
> Constitution of Mexico:
>
> FOREIGNERS may NOT, in any manner, involve themselves in the political affairs of the COUNTRY!

Well then. Keep your nose out of other countrys buisiness and no one
will give a shit what Americans do. You fucking hypocrite moron

Message has been deleted

Mullah Fuq'ar

Jun 11, 2006, 8:41:06 PM6/11/06
On 10 Jun 2006 05:57:42 -0700, "t1gercat" <wexfo...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

They disrespected the President of the United States on foreign soil.

>> Ann Coulter is a right wing bomb thrower, but she dishes out whatever
>> is thrown at her beliefs.
>
>Really??? When was the last time a mainstream Liberal writer condemned
>widows or veterans for supporting the war? Quote one.

They were condemned for their politics, not for their grief, service
or sacrifice.

On the Jersey Girls:

Coulter: They have attacked Bush; they have attacked Condoleezza Rice.
They're cutting campaign commercials for Kerry, but we can't respond
because their husbands died.

On Joe Wilson:

Coulter: and, oh, you can't talk about respond to Joe Wilson, because
he has a wife at the CIA. Well, the only reason he has any knowledge
of which he claimed to have insider knowledge was because his wife
worked at the CIA.

So to immunize his attack on the president by saying, "You can't
mention his wife works at the CIA," I mean, if that was so dangerous,
which it wasn't -- she wasn't undercover -- but if it were, how about
not writing an op-ed for The New York Times attacking the president?
Don't keep up putting up messengers we're not allowed to respond to.

Well, without the death of their husband's who are the Jersey Girls?
Without the death of her son, who is Cindy Sheehan? OK, so if those
deaths galvanized them to say something about the perceived cause
that's their right to do so, but when their talking points become
personal attacks, and their message spreads beyond the reasonable
scope of their initial complaint, they are just another political
activist and deserve no better and no worse than any other.

>> Lefties are piling up against her for her
>> latest book and many rightwingers are rewarding her by making her book
>> number 1.
>
>Many conservatives find her to be an embarrassment. As for "many"
>rightwingers rewarding her, I'd hesitate a bit. Her book sales are
>usually artifically pumped by block purchases from wealthy right-wing
>fanatics who then resell the books at a loss or given them away (or
>just dump them back in the pulp).

Give us some facts on your idiotic assertions. Many Conservatives?
Numbers please.

Liberals are selling her book by their whining. When Hillary Rotten
Clinton got into the fray, she generated more interest into Coulter's
book.

>> >One must realize that Republicans and Neo-Cons have a hissy fit when a
>> >Hollywood type, rock star, country star or anyone else in the public
>> >eye says anything at all against Bush and/or his policies, no matter
>> >how correct they may be. They keep telling us all how we should not
>> >pay any attention to them because they, after all, are only actors and
>> >actresses.
>> >
>> The are only actors and actresses who don't know how to speak without
>> a script, but the MSM takes them for their words.
>
>Yeah, just like Ronald Reagan. Funny, I didn't see any rightwingers
>scream in anguish when Ron Silver -- just an actor -- took the podium
>at the Republican covention. Today's right wing Pugs are the most
>sensitive, most whiny, most intellectually insecure clutch of ideologs
>American politics has ever produced. Their stock reaction to anyone
>speaking out -- especially actors -- is to howl in fear and anguish
>then to scream that these actors or musicians or whatever should shut
>up because they, well, they're entertainers and have no right to use
>their fame to amplify their voice. It's perfectly OK, though, for the
>president to use the military as a prop, or to prance about in a flight
>suit. It's OK, if the entertainers are OUR entertainers, actors or
>musicians or writers with a right-wing bias. It's only not OK if they
>disagree with us. This is utterly junvenile. Grow up.

Disrespecting Ronald Reagan doesn't help your argument. It only shows
that Coulter was right.

Silver was talking to a convention of Republicans. Maybe that's why
they call it the Republican Convention.

Leftwing entertainers spew out their garbage on foreign venues or on
venues where they are sure to get the love an adoration they so
desperately and the MSM broadcasts those views for all to hear.

They have the right to talk, but they are required to do it in an
intelligent manner.

I know you can't see that. You have yet to mature.

>> >Now, also remember that if any of those type of people say anything
>> >positive about Bush and/or his policies then those same type of people
>> >are some of the most intelligent people and should be listened to by
>> >all of America. Take for instance Brittany Spears. If ever there was a
>> >basic moron when it comes to politics but the Republicans and Neo-Cons
>> >were hanging on her every word back when she was interviewed and said
>> >that she trusted her President (Bush). And if ever there was anyone
>> >that not one person should listen to when it comes to politics, it
>> >most certainly is Spears. Hell, as far as I am concerned, she also
>> >can't sing.
>> >
>> Brittany Spears happens to be one of the most over rated artists and
>> I've never heard her views on politics. Being a pro-business
>> Conservative, I can appreciate her skills in manipulating her fan
>> base.
>
>What's a "pro-business" conservative? You mean a "pro-business"
>conservative like, say, Ken Lay or Jeff Skilling? (Both prominent Pugs
>before their downfall.) A "pro-business" conservative who enjoys huge
>budget deficits and useles wars?

If I were her manager, I'd be happy with the way she can generate a
blind follwing because that translates into money.

Get a clue, Moron.

They are fair game because they put themselves in the public eye
because they take their dissent to a personal level. You're fair game
because of your idiotic comments.

>> John Kerry tried to capitalize on his veteran status. During the
>> Democratic primaries on 2004, he became a joke because he always
>> reminded us he was in Vietnam.
>
>He won the primary, numbskull.

He lost the election because he could only con the wide eyed Liberals.
Everybody else saw through his flim flam.

>>He gained a shitload of military
>> experience in three months of service.
>
>Kerry was a Naval Officer who served on board ship for a year before
>voluteering for Swiftboat duty. He was a Swiftboat commander for a
>little over four months. By that time, he had earned a Silver Star and
>three Purple Hearts. You don't need more than a day -- or even an hour
>-- to earn a bucketful of medals. But you wouldn't know that, would
>you? You've never fired a shot in anger, never been in the military,
>and are too dumb or too lazy to learn about it.

He was in combat for three months and he puts himself out as one of
the great military minds in history. Naw. I buy it. You will buy
anything from a con man.

>> Liberals think John Murtha is
>> untouchable because he was a veteran.
>
>Really?? Who ever said that? What Liberals have said is that Murtha
>served 27 years in the Marine Corps. He's a credible voice when he
>speaks out on military matters. If he's wrong about something, he's
>wrong about it. Attack his ideas but don't attack the man. The Pug's
>problem is that none of their leadership ever did anything even
>remotely similar, so, to cover up their own pathtic inadequacies, they
>attack the man. After all, how many years did Cheney or Hastert, or
>DeLay, or Gonzales, or Ashcroft, or Frist, or Gingrich serve? How much
>combat did Bush see while cowering in the TANG? Murtha's a problem to
>Pugs, because in contrast to him, they appear weak and cowardly, and
>their voices have no authority. How do you defeat that? Oh, just attack
>the man. Call him names. Disparage his career. Question his loyalty and
>patriotism. Keep him on the defensive. But never engage him in debate.
>The Pugs can't win on facts, but if they keep the propaganda rolling,
>they think they can win on insults.

Murtha brought his own problems by being a jerk in Congress. It is his
detractors that whine "because he is a veteran."

>> People are told to give Cindy
>> Sheehan a break because her son died in Iraq.
>
>No, that's not want "people have said." What Liberals have said is
>don't attack the woman's patriotism or honor just because she's chosen
>to speak out. The right always tries to turn the issue of a useless war
>into a an issue of patriotism. That way they can avoid avoid real
>debate and fire up their rather dull and stupid mass. The rightwingers
>want their goldstar mothers to be quiet and supportive of any lunatic
>idea the administration has. It drives them batty when a goldstar
>mother stands and says the war is a crock (which it is). Unable to
>defend the war, they then personally attack the mother, call her names,
>question her motives, even disparage her looks. Coulter is just egging
>them on. Go on, she says, dump on the bitch, don't let her status as
>the mother of a dead soldier stop you. It's open season, call her
>whatever vile name you want; she has no special status. Tear her down;
>it's the only way you'll win, because you can't argue facts.

Where's the bitch's honor? In her speech at the Veterans For Peace
Convention, August 5, 2005. The pitiful bitch said, "Then we have this
lying bastard, George Bush, taking a 5-week vacation in a time of war.
You know what? I'm never going to get to enjoy another vacation,
because of him.

My vacation probably - -this is really sad because I have a really
cute dress I was going to wear to the banquet tomorrow night, but I'm
either gonna be in jail or in a tent in Crawford, waiting until that
jerk comes out and tells me why my son died."

Calling the president a bastard and a jerk is not really speaking out.

I wonder how many times Coulter has been called a name by Liberals,
her motives questioned and has been called a transsexual by young boys
who have been emasculated by her prose against Liberals? You're being
a hypocrite but you're too stupid to notice.

>> People are jumping on
>> Ann Coulter because what she wrote about the Jersey Girls.
>
>The "Jersey girls?" Girls? Tell me, boy, why do you call them "Girls?"
>They're all accomplished women with college degrees, who are quite
>articulate and quite intelligent. The reptillian Ms. Coulter, with her
>fine ear for propaganda, has coined that term to diminish and disparage
>them. What she said about them were a collection of abominable and
>disgusting insults. She never once debated their ideas.

I'll tell you, girly-man. They're not accomplished in the realm of
debate. They're talking weasels trained by Michael Moore.

>>Every news
>> commentator who tried to skewer Coulter failed because they couldn't
>> quote the book verbatim or took a line out of context.
>
>Horseshit. The quotes were NOT taken out of context. They were full
>sentences and Coulter hasn't denied any of it.

She didn't deny it but they couldn't understand it because they took
it out of context. Alan Colmes really looked like an idiot when he
tried to make it look like he was interviewing Ann Coulter. He tried
to rattle off a string of questions not giving her a chance to answer
a question and when things got tough, he turned to another columnist
who shared his view. Matt Lauer stumbled through his interview with
Ann Coulter. He was taken by the shock and awe of Coulter.

>> Coulter may be
>> a bitch, but she is a dangerous bitch to Liberals.
>
>She's dangerous to the country, you shithead. No one who calls themself
>a conservative should ever defend her. She's vicious and intolerant.
>She advocates violence of the worst sort. She appeals not to reason but
>to pure emotion. And she lies.

Vicious and intolerant, huh? Just like the entire lineup at Err
America, Chris Matthews, Paul "the forehead" Begala, Michael Moore, et
al.

>By the way, Spanky, Chernoble also gave us a nuclear disaster that
>finally killed more people than died as a result of Larua Bush's
>driving. Like that comparison? Find it fair?
>
>Wexford

Oh, you're one of the Wexford wives.

Kyle Daulton

Jun 11, 2006, 8:48:32 PM6/11/06

"Mullah Fuq'ar" <BombCh...@Killem.net> wrote in message

<snip>

Bullshit, Mullet Fucker! (M)ann claimed they are happy that their husbands
died.

Now, fuck off, dummy.

VRWC Destruction Machine

Jun 11, 2006, 11:27:15 PM6/11/06

Did the truth about Tubby Kennedy hurt you.

>Kopechne and Kennedy left a party and then Kennedy
>made a wrong turn and crashed into a river. At night,
>remmeber. Despite being injured in the crash, Kennedy
>dove into to the pitch black water to try to rescue Mary
>Jo. Failing that, he walked back to the party to get some
>friends to help. Accident caused by carelessness.
>Details, details.

He didn't report the accident until 10 hours after the fact. He sought
legal advice before he called the authorities. He said he couldn't
find a place to call for help even though there was a cabin is plain
view with it lights on.

>The best evidence has *always* been that Chappaquiddick
>was only a tragic accident, with the only real questions
>(that is, if you're not a right-wing loon) being about what
>Kennedy should've, could've done after the accident. Even
>then, what he did do doesn't seem all the wrong: first diving
>into the pitch-black water afterwards to try to rescue her
>himself, and then going back to the party to get friends to
>try to reach Kopechne.

I know what he did. He did his best to find out how he could spin the
accident, but his actions told the truth.

>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Kennedy#Chappaquiddick

You out to get a better source for your info. Wikipedia's slogan is
"the free encyclopedia that anyone can edit," It exists as a wiki, a
website that allows visitors to edit its content; the word Wikipedia
itself is a portmanteau of wiki and encyclopedia. Wikipedia is written
collaboratively by volunteers, allowing articles to be changed by
anyone with access to the website.

I wonder how many left wing liars contributed to the article?

>And people always leave out the context of the
>Chappaquiddick accident: it was just one year after his
>brother Robert was assassinated, five years after a plane
>crash that almost killed him and had given him chronic
>back problems, and 6 years after his brother John Kennedy
>was assassinated. Ted wasn't the scholar in the family and
>probably wouldn't have been noticed all that much except
>for his brothers, but over the years he's proven to be a die
>hard liberal in both the good and bad sense of the word, but
>a hard drinking life aside, his personal integrity was always
>at a much, MUCH higher plane than short-fingered, selfish,
>scheming, chronic liars like Bush, Cheney, that sorry-ass
>rogues gallery called the Republican leadership, and certainly
>more than worthless little pissants like you who find great
>pleasure in repeating mindless right-drivel whenever
>possible.

Ahhhh, Tubby Kennedy is the victim. Did ann Coulter write about him in
her new book?

>> Do you live in a bubble?
>
>Do you have a bubble for a brain?

You obviously subscribe to fiction to get your "factual" information.

>> >And didn't Kerry volunteer for Vietnam service when Vietnam
>> >was a meat grinder, got wounded, and then came home?
>> >Or are you confusing him with someone else who used
>> >family connections to get into Guard service only to blow
>> >off his last couple of years of duty?
>>
>> Can Bubble Boy come out and play?
>>
>> John Kerry's anti-Americanism manefested itself after he came home
>> from Nam. Don't you or can you remember he spoke in front of the
>> Senate Foreign Relations Committee in which he lied about troops in
>> Vietnam and the Wintersoldier meeting.
>
>Oh, he lied, did he?

Yes, Bubble Boy.

>> On January 31, 1971, members of Vietnam Veterans Against the War
>> (VVAW) met in a Detroit hotel to document war crimes they claimed to
>> have participated in or witnessed during their combat tours in
>> Vietnam. During the next three days, more than 100 Vietnam veterans
>> and 16 civilians gave anguished, emotional testimony describing
>> hundreds of atrocities against innocent civilians in South Vietnam,
>> including rape, arson, torture, murder, and the shelling or napalming
>> of entire villages. The witnesses stated that these acts were being
>> committed casually and routinely, under orders, as a matter of policy.
>>
>> But the mass murder of civilians was never American policy in Vietnam.
>> War crimes were the exception, not the rule. And the Winter Soldier
>> tribunal itself -- which John Kerry had helped moderate -- turned out
>> to be "packed with pretenders and liars."
>
>Let me Google "packed with pretenders and liars" and
>see what I get.... http://ice.he.net/~freepnet/kerry
>
>Now what is this "ice.he.net/~freepnet site? Well
>just put this in, http://ice.he.net/~freepnet, and you
>get: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/browse
>
>A Freeper site. Surprise, surprise.
>
>But if you use this: http://ice.he.net/~freepnet/kerry,
>you get www.wintersoldier.com.
>
>And who runs wintersoldier.com?
>http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Scott_Swett

Do you know what the Winter Soldier meeting was all about? You better
consult your fictitious sites.

>It appears that all of that retarded BS you just posted
>is no more than the usual lying-ass BS propagated by
>Freepers, ex-Nixon toady and chronic liar John O'Neill
>and his merry little utterly discredited band of Swift Boat
>Liars.

Amazing Bubble Boy, you did not dispute my statements.

>> >And didn't Clinton only danced around the definition of
>> >"what is sex" in regards to a blow job? It wasn't like he had
>> >the CIA involved in murderous Latin American shenanigans
>> >or knowingly provided aid and support to brutal, murderous
>> >middle eastern dictators.
>> >
>> Of course Clinton was too busy sharing military secrets with the
>> Communist Chinese government.
>
>Guess again, dumbass -- you're batting .000
>http://www.consortiumnews.com/2001/021601a.html

American capitalists who placed corporate profits ahead of America's
national interest, and so the businesses they headed donated millions
of dollars to the DNC to help the Democrats regain Congress in the
1996 and 1998 elections. In return, the Clinton-Gore team signed
waivers allowing these companies to transfer our most sensitive
satellite (i.e., missile launching) technology to Red China,
obliterating the safety margin and technological edge we previously
had on our sworn and potential enemies. (China then transferred
sensitive U.S. technology to Pakistan, Iran, and North Korea.) As a
result, according to American intelligence and the Cox Report, China
now has 20 reliable ICBMs targeted at U.S. cities and although not à
la par with the U.S., China poses a serious threat to our national
security. In fact, during the 1996 Taiwan Strait crisis in which China
attempted to intimidate Taiwan and the U.S. sent its 7th Fleet to
discourage a communist invasion, a leading Chinese general threatened
to nuke Los Angeles adding, with great assurance, that the U.S. would
not endanger Los Angeles to defend Taiwan.

You believe anything left of center.
Okay Wiki Boy have it your way. On your next update, made sure it
coincides with fiction in Wikipedia

It;'s true, Liberals do hate America and they do lie in everything
they say. You proved that point in your response.

>I'm a crack whore and I don't care
>I'm a crack whore and I don't care
>I'm a crack whore and I don't care
>My ethics gone away
>
>My lastest target are those 9/11 bitches
>Who pushed to know about pre-9/11 glitches
>The result being that 9/11 Commission bullshit
>Claiming Bush's evidence fell short a bit
>
>I'm a crack whore and I don't care
>I'm a crack whore and I don't care
>I'm a crack whore and I don't care
>My ethics gone away
>
>I hate truth and I hate facts
>I give fairness and logic a good swift axe
>I maliciously insult with dumbass flair
>Because I'm a crack whore and I don't care.
>
>-BC (In behalf of Ann Coulter)

Your M.O. is to deny and lie.

-
I'd rather go hunting with V.P. Dick Cheney than get a car ride from Teddy Kennedy.

VRWC Destruction Machine

Jun 11, 2006, 11:29:07 PM6/11/06
On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 04:31:18 GMT, "Morton Davis" <anti...@go.com>
wrote:

Watch now, he will throw Wikipedia in your face and tell you it's not
lies.

VRWC Destruction Machine

Jun 11, 2006, 11:41:39 PM6/11/06
On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 00:48:32 GMT, "Kyle Daulton" <KDau...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

Of course they were happy their husbands died, they never got so much
attention in their empty lives.

Writing in The Wall Street Journal’s "Opinion Journal" in April 2004,
Dorothy Rabinowitz noted that "all their fury and accusation is aimed
not at the killers who snuffed out their husbands' and so many other
lives, but at the American president, his administration, and an ever
wider assortment of targets including the Air Force, the Port
Authority, the City of New York.

Sounds like this Jersey Girl considers the 9/11 hijackers as victims
of circumstance.

Come on Kyle Dildo, at least when you lie you could make it sound
plausible.

VRWC Destruction Machine

Jun 11, 2006, 11:45:49 PM6/11/06
On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 03:02:21 -0400, Governor Swill
<govern...@comcast.net> wrote:

>On 10 Jun 2006 00:37:17 +0200, Mullah Fuq'ar <BombCh...@Killem.net>
>wrote:
>
>>They
>>should have hired Larry the Cable Guy as a guest roadie as a gesture
>>of reconciliation.
>
>They could do a lynching scene on Blue Collar Comedy.
>
>Swill

They could do a suicide scene based on the Muslim animals at Gitmo.
They already "jumped the shark." as a head start.

kyl...@yahoo.com

Jun 12, 2006, 6:56:51 AM6/12/06

The irony here, of course, is that anyone expressing the view you just
did, *must* be leading a very empty and unfulfilling life. No doubt
about it. It must really suck being you, Consty. You have a below
average intelligence and a way above average level of bottled up hate.
Pity.

BC

Jun 12, 2006, 8:16:43 AM6/12/06

Yeah, that's so less credible than sources like the
Freeper Creepers, The Moonie Times, and all or the
usual Right-Wing-Rumors-R-Us news sources that
get quoted, usually as a sorry-ass attempt at
distraction from, say, a corrupt, lying-ass president
and his bogus and utterly botched war.

> -
> I'd rather go hunting with V.P. Dick Cheney than get a car ride from Teddy Kennedy.

I'd like to see you go hunting with Cheney as well.
A lot.

-BC

Governor Swill

Jun 13, 2006, 3:37:04 AM6/13/06
On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 00:14:40 -0700, Eyeball Kid
<jfm...@nospam.ispwest.com> wrote:

>There are entertainers whom I won't patronize because of
>their political beliefs, so the sword cuts both ways.

Speaking of which, I caught a blurk on CNN that a Judge had expressed
his opinion that Alec Baldwin should undergo a psychological exam. Had
to leave for work and missed the story.

Swill
--
"Only anti-Americans I see are those attempting to overturn the constitution, spy on American citizens without warrants, reject the Geneva Convention, gerrymander voting districts for permanent one party rule, sell off American jobs to non-democracies and lie to the American public about reasons for war." - HoneyBadger

Governor Swill

Jun 13, 2006, 3:39:01 AM6/13/06
On 10 Jun 2006 10:15:44 +0200, Mullah Fuq'ar <BombCh...@Killem.net>
wrote:

>Ann Coulter is a right wing bomb thrower, but she dishes out whatever

>is thrown at her beliefs. Lefties are piling up against her for her

>latest book and many rightwingers are rewarding her by making her book
>number 1.

Watching Larry King's show on it now including some clips from Matt
Lauer's inteview this morning. She be full of shit if she didn't look
so anorexic.

Governor Swill

Jun 13, 2006, 3:40:47 AM6/13/06
wrote:

>Ann Coulter feeds Liberals the same crap they put out. She doesn't

>give anyone a free pass.

Except other right wing bomb throwers.

vkar...@yahoo.com

Jun 13, 2006, 3:46:37 AM6/13/06

Just Cocky wrote:

> <VR...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> ><ba...@ecn.purdue.edu> wrote:

> The previous poster didn't "get it". The Dixie Chicks are being
> punlished by their fans for Anti-Bush remarks. It has nothing to do
> with the economy.

Wow. I wish I could sell 526,000 units in my first week... Quite a
punishment...

Governor Swill

Jun 13, 2006, 3:46:05 AM6/13/06
wrote:

>Ted Kennedy's car didn't kill anyone.

He didn't say it did.

> Mary Jo was alive for a long time
>after the wreck. SHe was injured and breathing air trapped inside the car,
>fighting for her life. Meanwhile, Ted Kennedy left her there and went back
>to drinking with his chums. He didn't call the cops. He didn't call anyone
>to help. Ted Kennedy's criminal negeligence kiled Mary Jo. He should have
>gone to prison.

Nothing in his post disagrees with that.

Governor Swill

Jun 13, 2006, 3:57:54 AM6/13/06
On 11 Jun 2006 02:33:37 +0200, Mullah Fuq'ar <BombCh...@Killem.net>
wrote:

>John Kerry's anti-Americanism

There's a difference between being ant-American and criticizing your
goverment when it does wrong. In fact, I'd say dissent is far more
American than grazing contentedly at the trough on guillotine day.

>On January 31, 1971, members of Vietnam Veterans Against the War
>(VVAW) met in a Detroit hotel to document war crimes they claimed to
>have participated in or witnessed during their combat tours in
>Vietnam.

Two words: My Lai

> During the next three days, more than 100 Vietnam veterans
>and 16 civilians gave anguished, emotional testimony describing
>hundreds of atrocities against innocent civilians in South Vietnam,
>including rape, arson, torture, murder, and the shelling or napalming
>of entire villages. The witnesses stated that these acts were being
>committed casually and routinely, under orders, as a matter of policy.
>
>But the mass murder of civilians was never American policy in Vietnam.
>War crimes were the exception, not the rule.

Um, not true. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Lai_Massacre

"During the Vietnam War, the Quang Ngai Province of South Vietnam was
a suspected haven for guerrillas of the People's Liberation Armed
Forces and other cadres of the National Front for the Liberation of
Vietnam (NLF), also called the "Viet Cong" or "VC" by the U.S. forces
and their allies and supporters."

"...rather than measuring success by the acquisition of territory or
strategic locations (for example), missions were evaluated based on
their "body count" - the number of presumed NLF operatives killed.
Soldiers were encouraged by higher command to exaggerate body counts
in order to give the impression of military success. Owing to that
pressure, and to the fact that it was often very difficult for a NLF
operative to be distinguished from a non-combatant, there was often a
wide discrepancy between the declared body count for a particular
mission, and the number of enemy weapons recovered. According to
University of Missouri–Kansas City law professor Doug Linder, GIs
joked that "anything that's dead and isn't white is a VC" for body
count purposes. There is no doubt that many civilians were killed in
the province, fueling existing anti-American sentiment in the region."

On the cover up:

"Six months later, a 21-year-old soldier of the 11th Light Infantry
named Tom Glen wrote a letter accusing the Americal Division (and
other entire units of the U.S. military, not just individuals) of
routine brutality against Vietnamese civilians; the letter was
detailed, its allegations horrifying, and its contents echoed
complaints received from other soldiers. Colin Powell, then a young US
Army Major, was charged with investigating the letter, which did not
specifically reference My Lai (Glen had no knowledge of the events
there). Powell wrote: "In direct refutation of this portrayal is the
fact that relations between American soldiers and the Vietnamese
people are excellent." Later, Powell's refutation would be called an
act of "white-washing" the news of My Lai, and questions would
continue to remain undisclosed to the public. On May 4, 2004, Powell,
then United States Secretary of State, said to Larry King, "I mean, I
was in a unit that was responsible for My Lai. I got there after My
Lai happened. So, in war, these sorts of horrible things happen every
now and again, but they are still to be deplored."[4]"

And the verdict:

"On March 17, 1970, the United States Army charged 14 officers with
suppressing information related to the incident. Most of these charges
were dropped.

"U.S. Army Lt. William Calley was convicted in 1971 of premeditated
murder in ordering the shootings and initially sentenced to life in
prison; two days later, however, President Richard Nixon ordered him
released from prison, pending appeal of his sentence. Calley served 3½
years of house arrest in his quarters at Fort Benning, Georgia, and
was then ordered freed by Federal Judge J. Robert Elliot. Calley
claimed that he was following orders from his captain, Ernest Medina;
Medina denied giving the orders and was acquitted at a separate trial.
Most of the soldiers involved in the My Lai incident were no longer
enlisted. Of the 26 men initially charged, Lt. Calley's was the only
conviction. The entire episode inspired what is known today as the
Medina standard."

> And the Winter Soldier
>tribunal itself -- which John Kerry had helped moderate -- turned out
>to be "packed with pretenders and liars."

Swill

Governor Swill

Jun 13, 2006, 4:00:18 AM6/13/06
On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 22:28:06 -0500, "johnny@." <johnny@.> wrote:

>> Kopechne and Kennedy left a party and then Kennedy
>> made a wrong turn and crashed into a river. At night,
>> remmeber. Despite being injured in the crash, Kennedy
>> dove into to the pitch black water to try to rescue Mary
>> Jo.
>
>How do you know that?

I was young and it was a long time ago but I recall some talk about
him trying to get to her in the car but failed. I could be wrong and
in any case, if he'd been concerned enough to try to resue her, he
would have been concerned enough to call the police immediately
instead of waiting until after breakfast the next morning.

Governor Swill

Jun 13, 2006, 4:06:49 AM6/13/06
On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 03:29:07 GMT, VRWC Destruction Machine
<VR...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Watch now, he will throw Wikipedia in your face and tell you it's not
>lies.

Nobody knows for sure but he claims he did. For whatever that's
worth. (Not much IMO) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Jo_Kopechne

"Kennedy was able to extricate himself from the submerged car but
Kopechne died. Since her parents' lawyer, Joseph Flanagan, filed a
petition barring an autopsy, the cause of death was never medically
confirmed. When the car was recovered, all the doors were locked and
three of the windows were either open or smashed in.

"Kennedy claims he dove down several times attempting to free her.
After exhausting himself, he rested for twenty minutes, then walked
back to the Lawrence Cottage where the party had been held. At the
Lawrence Cottage, Ted summoned his cousin, Joe Gargan, and another
friend, Paul Markham, to return to the scene of the accident. Ted sat
in the back of a white Plymouth Valiant rental car that Kopechne had
used that day. Though there was a working telephone at this location,
none of the group phoned for police or rescue help. Kennedy then
returned to the submerged car with Gargan and Markham who then resumed
trying to reach her. The group claimed that the tidal current
prevented them from reaching her.

"Kennedy did not report the accident to authorities. He was contacted
by the local police after they had identified the car. He had, in the
meantime, discussed the accident with several people, including his
attorney and Kopechne's parents."

At least he didn't mistake her for a quail and shoot her. ;-)

*us*

Jun 13, 2006, 9:04:22 AM6/13/06
On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 09:24:29 GMT, Roedy Green
<my_email_is_post...@munged.invalid> wrote:

>On Thu, 8 Jun 2006 10:06:15 -0400, "Morales" <Mor...@aol.com> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone who said :
>>- Initial ticket sales for the Dixie Chicks' upcoming
>>tour are far below expectations and several dates will likely be canceled or
>>postoned.
>

>Country music is an American taste. Most of the rest of world gag on
>it. The anti-war message is not sufficient to make non-Americans
>endure it.

Listen to the new Dixie Chicks release and get back to us.

VRWC Destruction Machine

Jun 13, 2006, 9:24:14 AM6/13/06

Are you too helpless to defend the fact that articles in Wikipedia can
be edited by anyone? Poor baby.

VRWC Destruction Machine

Jun 13, 2006, 9:33:13 AM6/13/06
On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 03:57:54 -0400, Governor Swill
<govern...@comcast.net> wrote:

>On 11 Jun 2006 02:33:37 +0200, Mullah Fuq'ar <BombCh...@Killem.net>
>wrote:
>
>>John Kerry's anti-Americanism
>
>There's a difference between being ant-American and criticizing your
>goverment when it does wrong. In fact, I'd say dissent is far more
>American than grazing contentedly at the trough on guillotine day.

Kerry lied about the troops in Vietnam.

>>On January 31, 1971, members of Vietnam Veterans Against the War
>>(VVAW) met in a Detroit hotel to document war crimes they claimed to
>>have participated in or witnessed during their combat tours in
>>Vietnam.
>
>Two words: My Lai

How many soldiers served in Vietnam? How many were involved in My Lai?
Is the comparison measurable? Get real. My Lai did not define the US
mission in Vietnam

VRWC Destruction Machine

Jun 13, 2006, 9:35:24 AM6/13/06

Whatcha doing here, Kyle Dildo?

VRWC Destruction Machine

Jun 13, 2006, 9:37:16 AM6/13/06
On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 03:39:01 -0400, Governor Swill
<govern...@comcast.net> wrote:

>On 10 Jun 2006 10:15:44 +0200, Mullah Fuq'ar <BombCh...@Killem.net>
>wrote:
>
>>Ann Coulter is a right wing bomb thrower, but she dishes out whatever
>>is thrown at her beliefs. Lefties are piling up against her for her
>>latest book and many rightwingers are rewarding her by making her book
>>number 1.
>
>Watching Larry King's show on it now including some clips from Matt
>Lauer's inteview this morning. She be full of shit if she didn't look
>so anorexic.

Oh, your evaluation of her appearance makes a difference, eh? What
makes her full of shit?

VRWC Destruction Machine

Jun 13, 2006, 9:38:49 AM6/13/06
On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 03:40:47 -0400, Governor Swill
<govern...@comcast.net> wrote:

>On 10 Jun 2006 10:15:44 +0200, Mullah Fuq'ar <BombCh...@Killem.net>
>wrote:
>
>>Ann Coulter feeds Liberals the same crap they put out. She doesn't
>>give anyone a free pass.
>
>Except other right wing bomb throwers.

When was the last time Michael Moore criticized Muhammed al Franken.

VRWC Destruction Machine

Jun 13, 2006, 9:41:44 AM6/13/06

Canceled concert venues has to be a bit disconcerting. They may be a
one hit wonder in 2006.

BC

Jun 13, 2006, 9:58:43 AM6/13/06

Are you too clueless to think and breathe at the
same time? Poor dumbass:
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v438/n7070/full/438900a.html

-BC

jstarret

Jun 13, 2006, 10:20:38 AM6/13/06

Graphic Queen wrote, yet for some reason insisted this be deleted
(Of course, now that it is quoted in my reply, everything, including
her headers, is now archived):
From: Graphic Queen <p...@pagan.com>
Newsgroups:
talk.politics.misc,misc.immigration.usa,alt.politics.immigration,alt.politics.bush,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Subject: Re: Anti-American Dixie Chicks tour struggling
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 15:07:35 GMT

On Fri, 09 Jun 2006 10:25:22 -0400, Just Cocky <j...@cocky.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 09 Jun 2006 13:37:41 GMT, VRWC Destruction Machine
><V...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 11:30:06 -0400, "Mark D. Bass"

>><b...@ecn.purdue.edu> wrote:

>The previous poster didn't "get it". The Dixie Chicks are being
>punlished by their fans for Anti-Bush remarks. It has nothing to do
>with the economy.

And who gives a shit what they say?

One must realize that Republicans and Neo-Cons have a hissy fit when a

Hollywood type, rock star, country star or anyone else in the public
eye says anything at all against Bush and/or his policies, no matter
how correct they may be. They keep telling us all how we should not
pay any attention to them because they, after all, are only actors and
actresses.

Now, also remember that if any of those type of people say anything

positive about Bush and/or his policies then those same type of people
are some of the most intelligent people and should be listened to by
all of America. Take for instance Brittany Spears. If ever there was a
basic moron when it comes to politics but the Republicans and Neo-Cons
were hanging on her every word back when she was interviewed and said
that she trusted her President (Bush). And if ever there was anyone
that not one person should listen to when it comes to politics, it
most certainly is Spears. Hell, as far as I am concerned, she also
can't sing.

So, of course they love the bitch, who used to be male, called Ann

Coulter. Come on, the bitch Ann is nothing but a true asshole and
anyone that even listens to that shrill, loud and obnoxious bitch
shows how they can't think for themselves. I put her in the same
category as Rush Limbaugh. Entertainment and nothing more. Except that
even Rush shows a little intelligence and I don't mind listening to
him sometimes but I refuse to listen to someone as hateful and such a
lying bitch as Coulter. Give me Pat Buchanan any time, someone who
actually has a brain and only wants what is good for the country.

GQ
--

Constitution of Mexico:

FOREIGNERS may NOT, in any manner, involve themselves in the political
affairs of the COUNTRY!

jstarret

Jun 13, 2006, 10:27:55 AM6/13/06

Mullah Fuq'ar wrote:

> Ann Coulter is a right wing bomb thrower, but she dishes out whatever
> is thrown at her beliefs.

Well, no. She rarely is able to mount even a weak defense against the
attacks she generates.

> >One must realize that Republicans and Neo-Cons have a hissy fit when a
> >Hollywood type, rock star, country star or anyone else in the public
> >eye says anything at all against Bush and/or his policies, no matter
> >how correct they may be. They keep telling us all how we should not
> >pay any attention to them because they, after all, are only actors and
> >actresses.
> >

> The are only actors and actresses who don't know how to speak without
> a script, but the MSM takes them for their words.

Not so, of course. Many actors and actresses are quite intelligent and
able to speak in complete sentences, even complete paragraphs,
extemporaneously.

> Brittany Spears happens to be one of the most over rated artists and
> I've never heard her views on politics. Being a pro-business
> Conservative, I can appreciate her skills in manipulating her fan
> base.

She is exceeding dull. Do you really think she plans her carreer? She
is no Madonna (another musical no show) as far as business acumen goes.

> Ann Coulter feeds Liberals the same crap they put out. She doesn't
> give anyone a free pass.

Sure she does. If she agrees with someone politically, she will let
them get away with anything.

> John Kerry tried to capitalize on his veteran status. During the
> Democratic primaries on 2004, he became a joke because he always

> reminded us he was in Vietnam. He gained a shitload of military

> experience in three months of service.

Will you stake your reputation on your "fact" that Kerry only served
for three months?

vkar...@yahoo.com

Jun 13, 2006, 3:38:43 PM6/13/06

VRWC Destruction Machine wrote:
> On 13 Jun 2006 00:46:37 -0700, vkar...@yahoo.com wrote:
>

> >Just Cocky wrote:

> >> The previous poster didn't "get it". The Dixie Chicks are being
> >> punlished by their fans for Anti-Bush remarks. It has nothing to do
> >> with the economy.
> >>

> >Wow. I wish I could sell 526,000 units in my first week... Quite a
> >punishment...
>
> Canceled concert venues has to be a bit disconcerting.

Isn't this a tautology?

> They may be a one hit wonder in 2006.

Or maybe they can tour only the Democrat half of the USA. And I bet
they'll be huge in Europe and Latin America.

Number 9

Jun 13, 2006, 3:57:40 PM6/13/06

rightwinghank wrote:
> I smell FISH!

Seeing as you have smelled this with two different posters....

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.fan.rush-limbaugh/msg/7f245576000bea2e?hl=en&

And taking into account the fact that smell doesn't travel through the
internet...

I would have to say you might want to consider seeing a doctor about
the problem you seem to be having with your B.O.

Or.....

Cross your legs...

Or...

Ask you wife to take care of her "personal hygine" problem...

Or...

Come up with some original material.

So, you think you can take care of that, Hank?

> Is that you HoneyBadger?
>

> Say...how bout some personal hygine?
>
> BTW...I sent out the 4 D cells for your "toy" that you requested...hold
> on love...
>
> Its commmmming.
> love
> hank

> HoneyBadger wrote:
> > Only anti-Americans I see are those attempting to
> > overturn the constitution, spy on American citizens
> > without warrants, reject the Geneva Convention, gerrymander
> > voting districts for permanent one party rule, sell
> > off American jobs to non-democracies and lie to the
> > American public about reasons for war.
> >

> > Oddly, the Dixie Chicks don't seem to be part of those
> > Americans but certainly have drawn attention to them!
> > Go figure.
> >
> > --
> > Mellivora Capensis
> > http://www.prwatch.org/
> > http://mediamatters.org/
> > http://www.alternet.org/

mr_antone

Jun 13, 2006, 4:01:46 PM6/13/06
On 10 Jun 2006 05:45:10 -0700, "rightwinghank"
<rightw...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I smell FISH!

Remind your girlfriend she needs to remove her tampon and not leave it
in there for months at a time.

mr_antone

Number 9

Jun 13, 2006, 4:04:12 PM6/13/06

Number 9 wrote:
> rightwinghank wrote:
> > I smell FISH!
>
> Seeing as you have smelled this with two different posters....
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.fan.rush-limbaugh/msg/7f245576000bea2e?hl=en&
>
> And taking into account the fact that smell doesn't travel through the
> internet...
>
> I would have to say you might want to consider seeing a doctor about
> the problem you seem to be having with your B.O.
>
> Or.....
>
> Cross your legs...
>
> Or...
>
> Ask you wife to take care of her "personal hygine" problem...
>
> Or...
>
> Come up with some original material.
>
> So, you think you can take care of that, Hank?

Wow, the problem seems to be bigger then I thought. You seem to have
had this problem for some time...

http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=fish&num=10&scoring=r&hl=en&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_ugroup=&as_usubject=&as_uauthors=rightwinghank&lr=&as_drrb=q&as_qdr=&as_mind=1&as_minm=1&as_miny=1981&as_maxd=13&as_maxm=6&as_maxy=2006&safe=off

If I were you, and thank the Lord I am not, I would be very concerned.
I have heard that a fishy smell eminating from your body for a long
period of time can be an indication of a serious problems. It sounds
like you have a bad case of whatever it is you have, so GO TO A DOCTOR
IMMEDIATELY!!!!!

Mullah Fuq'ar

Jun 13, 2006, 5:58:37 PM6/13/06
<govern...@comcast.net> wrote:

>On 10 Jun 2006 10:15:44 +0200, Mullah Fuq'ar <BombCh...@Killem.net>
>wrote:
>
>>Ann Coulter is a right wing bomb thrower, but she dishes out whatever
>>is thrown at her beliefs. Lefties are piling up against her for her
>>latest book and many rightwingers are rewarding her by making her book
>>number 1.
>
>Watching Larry King's show on it now including some clips from Matt
>Lauer's inteview this morning. She be full of shit if she didn't look
>so anorexic.
>
>Swill

When Matt Lauer Interviewed Ann Coulter, he was way out of his league.

Geoffrey Dickens of Newsbusters showed how hypocritical Lauer is.

"Matt Lauer has two different sets of standards for politically
provocative authors. If you are on the left he laughs with you, if you
are on the right he slams you. On this morning’s Today show Ann
Coulter’s statements drew outrage from Matt but last October when Al
Franken suggested Karl Rove and Lewis Libby be executed for treason
Matt and the Today show crew laughed. Lauer’s interview with Coulter
got particularly testy when he read excerpts from Coulter’s new book
and demanded she defend them."

Lauer asked Coulter that required a yes or no answer. If Lauer was a
good reporter as you'd make him out to be, he'd ask a follow up as to
why?

Example:

Lauer: "'Environmentalists' energy plan is a repudiation of American
Christian destiny which is jet skis, steak on the electric grill, hot
showers and night-skiing. Liberalism is a religion. A comprehensive
belief system denying that the Christian belief in man's immortal
soul.' And you go on to say, 'liberalism is the opposition party to
God.' How do you think Democrats who believe in God are gonna feel
about that statement?"

Coulter: "They probably won't like it. They don't like a lot of things
I say."

Lauer: "Is it a fair statement you think?"

Coulter: "Yes, yes."

Lauer: "How about this one?"

How about this one? Doesn't that statement require an explanation
unless Lauer already made up his mind.

Another:

Coulter: "The last candidate the Democrats got into the White House
was Bill Clinton. I, I take that as a fair assessment of whom the
Democrats will choose as their representative. Bill Clinton sold out
every single special interest group. The criminal rights group, the
welfare bureaucrats. The one group he would not stand up to were the
abortion ladies. Vetoing bans on partial birth, a gruesome procedure
passed by overwhelming majorities in the House and Senate. Twice,
Clinton vetoed that. That tells you what the Democratic Party thinks
about abortion."

Lauer: "Do you, do you believe everything in this book, do you believe
everything in the book or do you put some things in there just that
cater to your base?"

Coulter: "No of course I believe everything."

<<Matt Lauer crickets>

Lauer was dumbfounded, he didn't know what to do.

-

The Chernobyl nuclear power plant in Ukraine exploded
in 1986, sending chunks of the reactor core flying into
nearby farms and igniting a fire at the reactor that
burned for ten days. It was the worst nuclear disaster
in history--finally giving us a nuclear power plant
that killed more people than died in Teddy Kennedy’s car.

Ann Coulter "Godless" 2006

Mullah Fuq'ar

Jun 13, 2006, 5:59:56 PM6/13/06
<govern...@comcast.net> wrote:

>On 10 Jun 2006 10:15:44 +0200, Mullah Fuq'ar <BombCh...@Killem.net>
>wrote:
>
>>Ann Coulter feeds Liberals the same crap they put out. She doesn't
>>give anyone a free pass.
>
>Except other right wing bomb throwers.
>
>Swill

Do Left wing bombers feed crap to other comrades?

Governor Swill

Jun 14, 2006, 12:58:37 AM6/14/06
On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 13:24:14 GMT, VRWC Destruction Machine
<VR...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Are you too helpless to defend the fact that articles in Wikipedia can
>be edited by anyone?

Not true.

Governor Swill

Jun 14, 2006, 1:05:17 AM6/14/06
On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 13:33:13 GMT, VRWC Destruction Machine
<VR...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Kerry lied about the troops in Vietnam.
>>
>>>On January 31, 1971, members of Vietnam Veterans Against the War
>>>(VVAW) met in a Detroit hotel to document war crimes they claimed to
>>>have participated in or witnessed during their combat tours in
>>>Vietnam.
>>
>>Two words: My Lai
>
>How many soldiers served in Vietnam? How many were involved in My Lai?
>Is the comparison measurable? Get real. My Lai did not define the US
>mission in Vietnam

More than that. Articles, books, vets I'ved talked to, documents
released under the freedom of information act have provided a wealth
of evidence that while atrocities were not the norm and did not define
the war effort, they were far more common than the public knew.

Nothing wrong in all that except to show reason why war is a bad thing
that does terrible things to victims and perps alike.

Governor Swill

Jun 14, 2006, 1:09:05 AM6/14/06
On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 13:37:16 GMT, VRWC Destruction Machine
<VR...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>Watching Larry King's show on it now including some clips from Matt
>>Lauer's inteview this morning. She be full of shit if she didn't look
>>so anorexic.
>>
>Oh, your evaluation of her appearance makes a difference, eh? What
>makes her full of shit?

Every word she's written that I have ever read.

Governor Swill

Jun 14, 2006, 1:18:36 AM6/14/06
On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 13:38:49 GMT, VRWC Destruction Machine
<VR...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>When was the last time Michael Moore criticized Muhammed al Franken.

Soulmates, those two. Both incapable of fact verification and
analytical thinkng. Both make themselves rich by preying on the fears
of the ignorant with wild accusations, half truths and opinions that
could only have been formed by a Grand Wizard or a Kennedy. And they
both manage to speak all that crap with a straight face. They're such
fine actors, you'd think they actually believe the bile that spews out
of their mouths.

BC

Jun 14, 2006, 1:27:52 AM6/14/06
VRWC Destruction Machine wrote:

> On 10 Jun 2006 20:16:06 -0700, "BC" <call...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Mullah Fuq'ar wrote:

> >> Within hours of Kopechne's death, a Kennedy aide named Dun Gifford
> >> flew a chartered plane into Edgartown (the Martha's Vineyard town that
> >> Chappaquiddick is a part of), with orders to get the body off the
> >> island. Before Massachusetts officials had even decided whether to
> >> perform an autopsy to settle the cause of death, Kopechne's remains
> >> were in Pennsylvania -- beyond the state's jurisdiction.
> >
> >Do all you right-wing crackhead morons wake up
> >in the morning and decide in advance what sort of
> >malicious behavior you're going to engage in, or is
> >is just a matter of opportunity to engage in shithead
> >activity?
> >
> Did the truth about Tubby Kennedy hurt you.

What truth? Republican feces tossing doesn't
exactly have a lot to do with truth generally.

> >Kopechne and Kennedy left a party and then Kennedy
> >made a wrong turn and crashed into a river. At night,
> >remmeber. Despite being injured in the crash, Kennedy
> >dove into to the pitch black water to try to rescue Mary

> >Jo. Failing that, he walked back to the party to get some
> >friends to help. Accident caused by carelessness.
> >Details, details.
>
> He didn't report the accident until 10 hours after the fact. He sought
> legal advice before he called the authorities. He said he couldn't
> find a place to call for help even though there was a cabin is plain
> view with it lights on.

Gosh, he had a terrible accident on top of a few
tough years -- I'm sure the likes of you would have
done so much better in the hours following...

> >The best evidence has *always* been that Chappaquiddick
> >was only a tragic accident, with the only real questions
> >(that is, if you're not a right-wing loon) being about what
> >Kennedy should've, could've done after the accident. Even
> >then, what he did do doesn't seem all the wrong: first diving
> >into the pitch-black water afterwards to try to rescue her
> >himself, and then going back to the party to get friends to
> >try to reach Kopechne.
>
> I know what he did. He did his best to find out how he could spin the
> accident, but his actions told the truth.

Privvy to all the deal dope are we? Or are you just
a real dope?

> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Kennedy#Chappaquiddick
>
> You out to get a better source for your info. Wikipedia's slogan is
> "the free encyclopedia that anyone can edit," It exists as a wiki, a
> website that allows visitors to edit its content; the word Wikipedia
> itself is a portmanteau of wiki and encyclopedia. Wikipedia is written
> collaboratively by volunteers, allowing articles to be changed by
> anyone with access to the website.
>
> I wonder how many left wing liars contributed to the article?

I wonder if I can count all your brain cells on one hand:
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v438/n7070/full/438900a.html

> >And people always leave out the context of the
> >Chappaquiddick accident: it was just one year after his
> >brother Robert was assassinated, five years after a plane
> >crash that almost killed him and had given him chronic
> >back problems, and 6 years after his brother John Kennedy
> >was assassinated. Ted wasn't the scholar in the family and
> >probably wouldn't have been noticed all that much except
> >for his brothers, but over the years he's proven to be a die
> >hard liberal in both the good and bad sense of the word, but
> >a hard drinking life aside, his personal integrity was always
> >at a much, MUCH higher plane than short-fingered, selfish,
> >scheming, chronic liars like Bush, Cheney, that sorry-ass
> >rogues gallery called the Republican leadership, and certainly
> >more than worthless little pissants like you who find great
> >pleasure in repeating mindless right-drivel whenever
> >possible.
> >

> Ahhhh, Tubby Kennedy is the victim. Did ann Coulter write about him in
> her new book?

Context is one of the right-winger's most despise
enemy. And regarding Ann Coulter, all together
now:

Coulter Interruptus

I'm a crack whore and I don't care
I'm a crack whore and I don't care
I'm a crack whore and I don't care
My ethics gone away

When I was young I went to school
Became a goddamn right-wing fool
Made the Order of the Coif somehow
Because even then I was a big mouth cow

I'm a crack whore and I don't care
I'm a crack whore and I don't care
I'm a crack whore and I don't care
My ethics gone away

I make good money writing books
That are bought by all the right-wing kooks
But it's on TV I shine the most
Especially with a smirking, dumb Fox host

I'm a crack whore and I don't care
I'm a crack whore and I don't care
I'm a crack whore and I don't care
My ethics gone away

The National Review fired my ass
Because they claimed I showed no class
Fuck them and their liberal ways
They behave more like lisping gays

I'm a crack whore and I don't care
I'm a crack whore and I don't care
I'm a crack whore and I don't care
My ethics gone away

Liberals hate God and the USA
And they lie in everything they say
That this is all made up doesn't matter
It makes me the center of all this chatter

I'm a crack whore and I don't care
I'm a crack whore and I don't care
I'm a crack whore and I don't care
My ethics gone away

My lastest target are those 9/11 bitches
Who pushed to know about pre-9/11 glitches
The result being that 9/11 Commission bullshit
Claiming Bush's evidence fell short a bit

I'm a crack whore and I don't care
I'm a crack whore and I don't care
I'm a crack whore and I don't care
My ethics gone away

I hate truth and I hate facts
I give fairness and logic a good swift axe
I maliciously insult with dumbass flair
Because I'm a crack whore and I don't care

> >> Do you live in a bubble?
> >
> >Do you have a bubble for a brain?
> >
> You obviously subscribe to fiction to get your "factual" information.

If you call that fiction, what do you call reality?
Rightwingretardville?
http://workingforchange.speedera.net/www.workingforchange.com/webgraphics/wfc/TMW05-04-05.jpg

> >> Can Bubble Boy come out and play?
> >>
> >> John Kerry's anti-Americanism manefested itself after he came home
> >> from Nam. Don't you or can you remember he spoke in front of the
> >> Senate Foreign Relations Committee in which he lied about troops in
> >> Vietnam and the Wintersoldier meeting.
> >
> >Oh, he lied, did he?
> >
> Yes, Bubble Boy.

Again, must I point out again that Republican feces
tossing doesn't exactly have a lot to do with truth
generally?

> >> On January 31, 1971, members of Vietnam Veterans Against the War
> >> (VVAW) met in a Detroit hotel to document war crimes they claimed to
> >> have participated in or witnessed during their combat tours in

> >> Vietnam. During the next three days, more than 100 Vietnam veterans

> >> and 16 civilians gave anguished, emotional testimony describing
> >> hundreds of atrocities against innocent civilians in South Vietnam,
> >> including rape, arson, torture, murder, and the shelling or napalming
> >> of entire villages. The witnesses stated that these acts were being
> >> committed casually and routinely, under orders, as a matter of policy.
> >>
> >> But the mass murder of civilians was never American policy in Vietnam.

> >> War crimes were the exception, not the rule. And the Winter Soldier

> >> tribunal itself -- which John Kerry had helped moderate -- turned out
> >> to be "packed with pretenders and liars."
> >

> >Let me Google "packed with pretenders and liars" and
> >see what I get.... http://ice.he.net/~freepnet/kerry
> >
> >Now what is this "ice.he.net/~freepnet site? Well
> >just put this in, http://ice.he.net/~freepnet, and you
> >get: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/browse
> >
> >A Freeper site. Surprise, surprise.
> >
> >But if you use this: http://ice.he.net/~freepnet/kerry,
> >you get www.wintersoldier.com.
> >
> >And who runs wintersoldier.com?
> >http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Scott_Swett
> >
> Do you know what the Winter Soldier meeting was all about? You better
> consult your fictitious sites.

You mean where Vietnam vets talked about the
atrocities they witnessed and took part in? The
stuff like this:

The My Lai Massacre
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Lai_massacre

The Thanh Phong Massacre
http://www.globalpolicy.org/intljustice/wanted/2001/0426admitt.htm

The Phoenix Program
http://www.thememoryhole.org/phoenix

Some Misc
http://slate.msn.com/id/105552
http://www.factcheck.org/article.aspx?docID=244
http://www.vvaw.org/veteran/article/?id=80
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/patrick.guenin/cantho/vnnews/surviv.htm

> >It appears that all of that retarded BS you just posted
> >is no more than the usual lying-ass BS propagated by
> >Freepers, ex-Nixon toady and chronic liar John O'Neill
> >and his merry little utterly discredited band of Swift Boat
> >Liars.
>
> Amazing Bubble Boy, you did not dispute my statements.

Refuting claims with cited evidence and calling it
"retarded BS" is considered "disputing" in most
cultures. But then again, you do live in
Rightwingretardville....

> >> Of course Clinton was too busy sharing military secrets with the
> >> Communist Chinese government.
> >
> >Guess again, dumbass -- you're batting .000
> >http://www.consortiumnews.com/2001/021601a.html
> >
> American capitalists who placed corporate profits ahead of America's
> national interest, and so the businesses they headed donated millions
> of dollars to the DNC to help the Democrats regain Congress in the
> 1996 and 1998 elections. In return, the Clinton-Gore team signed
> waivers allowing these companies to transfer our most sensitive
> satellite (i.e., missile launching) technology to Red China,
> obliterating the safety margin and technological edge we previously
> had on our sworn and potential enemies. (China then transferred
> sensitive U.S. technology to Pakistan, Iran, and North Korea.) As a
> result, according to American intelligence and the Cox Report, China
> now has 20 reliable ICBMs targeted at U.S. cities and although not à
> la par with the U.S., China poses a serious threat to our national
> security. In fact, during the 1996 Taiwan Strait crisis in which China
> attempted to intimidate Taiwan and the U.S. sent its 7th Fleet to
> discourage a communist invasion, a leading Chinese general threatened
> to nuke Los Angeles adding, with great assurance, that the U.S. would
> not endanger Los Angeles to defend Taiwan.

What did I say about Republican feces tossing?
The real story is slightly more complicated:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/campfin/stories/hughes073098.htm
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/campfin/stories/hughes072798.htm

> >> You stereotyping country music fans is making the same error the Dipsy
> >> Chicks are making. That's why their current concert tour sucks.
> >
> >The demographics are that the county music
> >dominates the "heartland" aka "The Flyover States" aka
> >"The Red States" aka "Bush Country" aka "Dumb and
> >Dumberland" and the Dixie Chicks are unfortunately a
> >straight-up country band, which puts them in an awkward
> >position with what should be their core audience:
> >http://www.asecular.com/ran/terms/redneckistan.htm
> >

> >> You're an idiot for blaming the Dipsy Chicks being shunned by country
> >> music. The did it themselves.
> >
> >Who's the idiot? Let's examine what the "Dipsy Chicks"
> >did, shall we: While the band was on tour in London,
> >Bush launched his half-ass,ill-planned invasion of Iraq
> >using a huge pile of lies as an excuse. Natalie Maines
> >then made this public comment about it: "Just so you
> >know, we're ashamed the president of the United States
> >is from Texas."
> >
> >The predictable response from the gullible, malicious
> >right-wing poop-kickers in the Red States was to call the
> >Dixie Chicks traitors, make death threats and call for
> >boycotts. Several Republican-toadying large radio station
> >chains including Cumulus Media, Cox Radio, and Clear
> >Channel Communications (despite their disengenuous
> >claims to the contrary) decided to exercise their
> >Republican-given right of censoring anybody they don't
> >like by ordering (or "suggesting") that the Dixie chicks be
> >banned from airplay. Of course it didn't matter to those
> >stupid f*ckheads then and apparently not even now that
> >Maines merely expressed the logical opinion of an ethical,
> >well-informed person. Just as stupid was the claim that
> >she shouldn't have criticized Bush in a foreign country:
> >the war started when the Dixie Chicks just happen to be
> >overseas -- should they have to fly back home just to
> >express their opinions?
> >
> >So it would appear that the only "dips" involving the chicks
> >came from the all-too-friggin usual right, surprise, friggin
> >surprise.
> >
> >> It is quite clear you support anti-Americanism and is an idiot.
> >
> >I do believe I rather well-documented that not only are you
> >"is an idiot," but that you are a malicious, rumor-mongering
> >liar as well.
> >

> You believe anything left of center.
> Okay Wiki Boy have it your way. On your next update, made sure it
> coincides with fiction in Wikipedia

Feel free to cite any conservative source that even
remotely comes close to a Wiki entry. Actually try
to find any conservative source that even occasionally
leaves the comfy confines of Rightwingretardville.

-BC

Governor Swill

Jun 14, 2006, 2:18:39 AM6/14/06
On 13 Jun 2006 23:58:37 +0200, Mullah Fuq'ar <BombCh...@Killem.net>
wrote:

>Lauer was dumbfounded, he didn't know what to do.

I wouldn't know what to do either if somebody told me barefaced lies
and then said that of course they believed them.

Governor Swill

Jun 14, 2006, 2:19:58 AM6/14/06
On 13 Jun 2006 23:59:56 +0200, Mullah Fuq'ar <BombCh...@Killem.net>
wrote:

>Do Left wing bombers feed crap to other comrades?

I don't pay attention to left wing bombers. They're nutcases and not
worth consideration.

Governor Swill

Jun 14, 2006, 2:20:45 AM6/14/06
On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 15:01:46 -0500, mr_antone <mr_antone@> wrote:

>>I smell FISH!
>
>Remind your girlfriend she needs to remove her tampon and not leave it
>in there for months at a time.

Without wringing them out and washing them from time to time.

VRWC Destruction Machine

Jun 14, 2006, 4:26:39 AM6/14/06
On 13 Jun 2006 12:38:43 -0700, vkar...@yahoo.com wrote:

>VRWC Destruction Machine wrote:

>> >Wow. I wish I could sell 526,000 units in my first week... Quite a
>> >punishment...
>>
>> Canceled concert venues has to be a bit disconcerting.
>>

>Isn't this a tautology?

It's reality. In order for the Dipsy Chicks to redeem themselves, they
will have to offer a sincere apology to the President and to their fan
base instead of being arrogant and coming out with a song called Not
Ready To Make Nice. If the won't do that, they may as well get into
Rock n' Roll or Rap where arrogance is celebrated.

>> They may be a one hit wonder in 2006.
>>

>Or maybe they can tour only the Democrat half of the USA. And I bet
>they'll be huge in Europe and Latin America.

Their musical genre is country and they have pissed that market. It is
best they move overseas since they felt it was appropriate to slam the
President in England. If they were true to their conviction, they
would have slammed the President in Nashville or Dallas but they did
it in England.

Governor Swill

Jun 15, 2006, 4:07:01 AM6/15/06
On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 08:26:39 GMT, VRWC Destruction Machine
<VR...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Their musical genre is country and they have pissed that market. It is
>best they move overseas since they felt it was appropriate to slam the
>President in England. If they were true to their conviction, they
>would have slammed the President in Nashville or Dallas but they did
>it in England.

Wrong place, right time.

VRWC Destruction Machine

Jun 15, 2006, 10:50:52 AM6/15/06
On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 04:07:01 -0400, Governor Swill
<govern...@comcast.net> wrote:

>On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 08:26:39 GMT, VRWC Destruction Machine
><VR...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Their musical genre is country and they have pissed that market. It is
>>best they move overseas since they felt it was appropriate to slam the
>>President in England. If they were true to their conviction, they
>>would have slammed the President in Nashville or Dallas but they did
>>it in England.
>
>Wrong place, right time.
>
>Swill

It was just wrong. The Dixie Chicks have announced eight new concert
dates in Canada and the Northeast, for the first leg of their 2006
Accidents and Accusations tour, while at least 12 U.S. arenas have put
ticket sales for shows on hold for now. Cannuckistan is definitely a
liberal safe haven for their idealogy and the Northeast is a blue
state haven. The mere fact Natalie Maines opened her pie hole was a
bad business decision. She should have taken a lesson from Walmart,
give the customer what it wants. She forgot what her customers want,
That's entertainment. After the stir after their English concert, they
posed for Rolling Stone Magazine which provided more controversy for
them. What's next now? Will the Dixie Chicks so a spread for Hustler?

Governor Swill

Jun 17, 2006, 3:59:10 AM6/17/06
On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 14:50:52 GMT, VRWC Destruction Machine
<VR...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>It was just wrong.

It's wrong for celebrities to engage political issues in their art?
I'll remember that the next time I hear a country song ridiculing non
whites who need to be killed.

> The Dixie Chicks have announced eight new concert
>dates in Canada and the Northeast, for the first leg of their 2006
>Accidents and Accusations tour, while at least 12 U.S. arenas have put
>ticket sales for shows on hold for now. Cannuckistan is definitely a
>liberal safe haven for their idealogy and the Northeast is a blue
>state haven. The mere fact Natalie Maines opened her pie hole was a
>bad business decision.

Nobody doubts that, not even the DC, but sometimes principle becomes
more important than the almighty dollar.

> She should have taken a lesson from Walmart,
>give the customer what it wants. She forgot what her customers want,
>That's entertainment.

I doubt they forgot that. But they may have felt that it was high
time for them to get their lazy asses out from in front of American
Idol and watched some news.

> After the stir after their English concert, they
>posed for Rolling Stone Magazine which provided more controversy for
>them. What's next now? Will the Dixie Chicks so a spread for Hustler?

I bet their fans would buy it.

VRWC Destruction Machine

Jun 17, 2006, 7:23:25 PM6/17/06
On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 03:59:10 -0400, Governor Swill
<govern...@comcast.net> wrote:

>On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 14:50:52 GMT, VRWC Destruction Machine
><VR...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>It was just wrong.
>
>It's wrong for celebrities to engage political issues in their art?

They're hired to apply their craft. Would you want your doctor to have
your treatment determined whether your Liberal or Conservative?

>I'll remember that the next time I hear a country song ridiculing non
>whites who need to be killed.

I don't know a mainstream Country artist who sings a song that
non-whites be killed. Are you running on bigoted fumes?

Governor Swill

Jun 20, 2006, 3:58:38 AM6/20/06
On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 23:23:25 GMT, VRWC Destruction Machine
<VR...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>It's wrong for celebrities to engage political issues in their art?
>
>They're hired to apply their craft. Would you want your doctor to have
>your treatment determined whether your Liberal or Conservative?

A doctor is not a celebrity practicing an artistic craft. He's a
mechanic who repairs bodies based on established scientific principles
and specific procedures.

>>I'll remember that the next time I hear a country song ridiculing non
>>whites who need to be killed.
>>
>I don't know a mainstream Country artist who sings a song that
>non-whites be killed. Are you running on bigoted fumes?

If I liked country music more I could tell you the names of the
artists who have recorded some pretty hate filled political diatribes.

csa...@telisoft.com

Jun 24, 2006, 9:33:14 PM6/24/06

Red Neck Double Standard.

Question and Answer for Merle Haggard.

Q:
On last year's album, "Chicago Wind," you recorded a song called
"Rebuild America First" in which you sing, "Let's get out of Iraq,
and get back on track." Why do you think you were basically given a
pass when the Dixie Chicks were raked over the coals for their
comparatively tame criticism of the president and the war?

A:
I don't really understand it. I don't know what's new about girls
not liking war, first of all. And second of all, they have a right to
say what they want to. Third, I'm an American, and I'll back
everything they say. I'm not for the war in Iraq because I don't
believe they've explained why they're doing it.

David Moffitt

Jun 24, 2006, 10:57:45 PM6/24/06

<csa...@telisoft.com> wrote in message

%%%% Proof positive what drugs and alcohol does to the human brain.

"[L]iberals are afraid to state what they truly believe in, for to do so
would result in even less votes than they currently receive. Their
methodology is to lie about their real agenda in the hopes of regaining
power, at which point they will do whatever they damn well please. The
problem is they have concealed and obfuscated for so long that, as a group,
they themselves are no longer sure of their goals. They are a collection of
wild-eyed splinter groups, all holding a grab-bag of dreams and wishes. Some
want a Socialist, secular-humanist state, others the repeal of the Second
Amendment. Some want same sex/different species marriage, others want voting
rights for trees, fish, coal and bugs. Some want cradle to grave care and
complete subservience to the government nanny state, others want a culture
that walks in lockstep and speaks only with intonations of political
correctness. I view the American liberals in much the same way I view the
competing factions of Islamic
fundamentalists. The latter hate each other to the core, and only join
forces to attack the US or Israel. The former hate themselves to the core,
and only join forces to attack George Bush and conservatives." --Ron Marr

Kurt Lochner (Weasels Remember!)

Jun 25, 2006, 12:06:03 AM6/25/06
Doofus Mouthoff <moff...@earthlink.net> whimpered again because:

> <csa...@telisoft.com> wrote:

> >"half-vast Right-Wing conspiracy Noise Machine" wrote:
> >>
> >>It was just wrong. The Dixie Chicks have announced eight new concert
> >>dates in Canada and the Northeast, for the first leg of their 2006
> >>Accidents and Accusations tour, while at least 12 U.S. arenas have put
> >>ticket sales for shows on hold for now. Cannuckistan is definitely a
> >>liberal safe haven for their idealogy and the Northeast is a blue
> >>state haven. The mere fact Natalie Maines opened her pie hole was a
> >>bad business decision. She should have taken a lesson from Walmart,
> >>give the customer what it wants. She forgot what her customers want,
> >>That's entertainment. After the stir after their English concert, they
> >>posed for Rolling Stone Magazine which provided more controversy for
> >>them. What's next now? Will the Dixie Chicks so a spread for Hustler?
> >
> > Red Neck Double Standard.
> >
> > Question and Answer for Merle Haggard.
> >
> > Q:
> > On last year's album, "Chicago Wind," you recorded a song called
> > "Rebuild America First" in which you sing, "Let's get out of Iraq,
> > and get back on track." Why do you think you were basically given a
> > pass when the Dixie Chicks were raked over the coals for their
> > comparatively tame criticism of the president and the war?
> >
> > A:
> > I don't really understand it. I don't know what's new about girls
> > not liking war, first of all. And second of all, they have a right to
> > say what they want to. Third, I'm an American, and I'll back
> > everything they say. I'm not for the war in Iraq because I don't
> > believe they've explained why they're doing it.
>
>%%%% Proof positive what drugs and alcohol does to the human brain.

With you as an example.. *>guffaw!<*

--Say, don't you owe somebody $5,000.00 from a bet you lost?

"%%%% Yep it expalins a lot."

"%%%% We fathom your very well."

"%%%% That is where my limited skills hit a dead end."

"%%%% I don't like cold or real high places."

"%%%% I sure sounded like you were cocksucker."

"%%%% You left out people who prey for theirself."

"%%%% Did they have women's panties on their heads?"

"%%%% Well you are wentertaining with your thrashing about when your ass is kicked."

"%%%% I don't need to prove it, that would be posting personal information."

"%%%% Brave little peice of shit hiding behind your computer aren't you?"

"%%%% I grew up poor with the same opportunities as everyone in my town had."

"%%%% Nope! From a large inheritance and outside of the larger tax area of Metro Nashville."

"%%%% ROTFLMAO! Why would I be a coward when my address has been on the net for years?"

"%%%% Yeah, sure. Have you noted that <you> posted personal information
about me on the net. Do you know what the legal implications of that "is"?

Cheeks

Jun 25, 2006, 3:17:55 PM6/25/06
David Moffitt wrote:

Right wing zeroes like Muffin are always upset that liberals
won't admit to all the fucking stupidities attributed to them
by lying bastards like Rush Limbaugh.

Muffin, bite my ass.

--
Al Franken lays a serious ass kicking on Ann Coulter

An Evening with Ann Coulter: Al's Opening Statement
COULTER DEBATE OPENING STATEMENT – UNIVERSITY OF
JUDAISM

Thank you. First of all, I know I join Ann in
thanking the University of Judaism for hosting
this event. We’ve had an opportunity to spend some
time with President Wexler and have dinner with
many folks from the University community.
And I’d like to answer the question that I
actually get asked the most when I do an event for
a Jewish organization. Yes, I had enough to eat.
You know, in these kinds of debate forums, someone
has to go first. It’s always preferable to go
second, because you can react to what’s been said,
giving you something of a tactical advantage. More
importantly, it pretty much spares you the chore
of writing out pre-prepared remarks.
Both Ann and I said we preferred going second, but
I didn’t insist on it, because I understood
somebody had to go first. And being a liberal, I
just wasn’t tough-minded enough to insist on a
coin toss.
So, I’ll try to use my time to define the terms of
the debate – if you will. “Whence Judaism?”
No. I think we should talk about the Bush
Administration and the Republican Congress and
what it has accomplished over the past five years.
I’m talking, of course, about well over two
trillion dollars added to the national debt, the
increase in poverty in our country and the added
millions of Americans, including children, without
health insurance. I’m talking about the sale of
our democracy to corporate interests that pollute
our water and our air. I’m talking about the
widening gap between the haves and the have nots
in this country. And I’m talking about the war in
Iraq.
I’m talking about an increasingly corrupt,
secretive, and incompetent federal government that
rewards cronies, a Republican majority in Congress
that’s acted as a rubber stamp, that has performed
virtually no oversight and which excludes the
minority party from the legislative process in a
way unprecedented in our recent history.
I also want to discuss with Ann the coarsening of
dialogue in this country. I want to discuss values
with Ann. Values like love, of family, of your
fellow man, of country. Ann has said repeatedly
that liberals hate America. I disagree.
Last year I had the honor of speaking at West
Point. It was an audience not so very different
from this one. Except that instead of you, the
audience was made up of about twelve hundred
cadets. Many of whom will be going to Iraq in the
next year or so.
The occasion was the Sol Feinstone Lecture on the
Meaning of Freedom endowed by philanthropist Sol
Feinstone. It’s an annual event and Sol
Feinstein’s granddaughter, who is about my age,
attended.
After telling a number jokes and getting the
cadets on my side. I told them that we had been
lied into the war in Iraq. I had just published a
book entitled The Truth (with jokes), and I told
the cadets that you can’t have freedom without the
truth. You can have freedom without jokes, as has
been proven by the Dutch and the Swiss.
I proceeded to prove that we had been lied into
war, citing example after example of President
Bush, Vice President Cheney, Defense Secretary
Rumsfeld, and Condi Rice, who had been National
Security Advisor in the lead-up to the war,
telling the public information that they knew not
to be true.
At the end of the speech I received a standing
ovation from the cadets. Sol Feinstone’s
granddaughter told me she had gone to every
lecture for the last thirty or so years, and that
I received only the second standing ovation. The
other was for Max Cleland, who lost both legs and
an arm in Vietnam.
By the way, Ann has written that Max Cleland was
lucky to have lost his legs and his arm in
Vietnam. I disagree. More importantly, I know Max,
and he disagrees.
I believe I received the standing ovation because
the cadets knew that I was speaking from the
heart, and that the information I had given them
was all true. And as I said, you can’t have
freedom without the truth.
You can’t have good government without the truth.
During the crafting and passage of the Medicare
prescription drug bill, the chief actuary of
Medicare was told to withhold from Congress the
true cost of the bill. He’d be fired if he told
the truth.
The bill costs so much, in large part, because the
bill prohibits Medicare from negotiating with the
pharmaceutical companies on the price of drugs. As
a result, seniors now pay on average 44% more than
veterans getting the same drugs through the VA
which is allowed to use its size to negotiate with
the drug companies. To get the bill passed, the
vote was held open for three hours. Tom DeLay was
later admonished by Republicans on the ethics
committee for attempting to bribe, and then
extort, Republican Nick Smith of Michigan to get
him to change his vote. The chairman of the
Commerce Committee Billy Tauzin who ushered the
legislation through, soon left Congress for a two
million dollar a year job as the chief lobbyist
for the pharmaceutical industry. Obviously, a
complete coincidence.
During the 2000 campaign George Bush ran for
president by saying repeatedly, and I quote, “by
far the vast majority of my tax cut goes to those
at the bottom.” Of course, nothing could be
further from the truth.
In fact, the president continues to ask for and
sign tax cuts that go primarily to those at the
top. By the way, until George W. Bush, our country
had never cut taxes during a time of war.
As a result, our deficits grow and the cuts – in
Medicaid, Pell Grants, food stamps, low-income
housing subsidies, community block grants – are
targeted at the poorest in our society.
George W. Bush famously said that Jesus was his
favorite political philosopher. Frankly, I don’t
get it.
I’m Jewish. Thank you. I’m not an expert on the
New Testament. But I know that if you cut out all
the passages where Jesus talks about helping the
poor, helping the least among us, if you literally
took a pair of scissors and cut out all those
passages, you’d have the perfect box to smuggle
Rush Limbaugh’s drugs in.
I don’t understand when the Christian right says
that equal rights in marriage threatens marriage.
I’ve been married 30 years, many of them happy. I
don’t think that if my wife and I were walking
around in Boston, where we met, if we saw two men
holding hands with wedding bands… I don’t think
I’d say “Hey, that looks good. Y’know, honey, you
don’t like watching football on Sundays. Maybe I
could marry a guy, watch football with him, and
then if I wanted to have sex, I could come over
and have sex with you.”
I was just talking to Newt Gingrich the other day.
And I said to him, “Don’t you want for a gay
couple what you had with your first wife? Don’t
you want that bond that comes with the pledge of
fidelity that you had with your second wife? Don’t
you want what comes with that lifelong bond that
you may or may not have with your third wife – I
have no idea what’s going on there.”
You know, Bill O’Reilly always talks about his
“traditional values” – as opposed to “the far
left’s secular humanist values.” I didn’t realize
phone sex was a traditional value. I didn’t think
the phone had been around long enough. Maybe
telegraph sex.
In her book Slander, Ann referred to Democrats and
our “Marquis de Sade lifestyle.” I’ve been married
for thirty years. Ann, you’re an attractive woman.
And I know you support the president’s abstinence-
only sex education. I want to congratulate you for
saving yourself for your one true love.
When my daughter was six years old, her teacher
asked all her students to write about how their
parents had met. We told Thomasin that we met at a
mixer freshman year of college. I saw Franni
across the room, gathering up some friends to
leave. I liked the way she was taking control and
I thought she was beautiful. So I asked her to
dance, and then got her a ginger ale, then
escorted her to her dorm and asked for a date.
My daughter wrote, “My dad asked my mom to dance,
bought her a drink, and then took her home.” Now
all the facts were accurate, but what my daughter
wrote was extremely misleading. Now my daughter
wasn’t lying. She didn’t realize that what she
wrote made her mom seem like a slut.
Ann, however, is not six years old. And she has
developed her own techniques for misleading, by
leaving out important facts. Let me give you an
example of Ann lying by omission.
Also in her book Slander, Ann tells her readers
that Al Gore had a leg up on George W. Bush when
applying to their respective colleges. Harvard and
Yale. Ann writes:
“Oddly, it was Bush who was routinely accused of
having sailed through life on his father’s name.
But the truth was the reverse. The media was
manipulating the fact that – many years later –
Bush’s father became president. When Bush was
admitted to Yale, his father was a little-known
congressman on the verge of losing his first
Senate race. His father was a Yale alumnus, but so
were a lot of other boys’ parents. It was Gore,
not Bush, who had a famous father likely to
impress college admissions committees.”
What does Ann omit? Well, that Bush’s grandfather
Prescott Bush was also a Yale alum and had been
Senator from Connecticut, the home state of Yale
University. That Prescott Bush had been a trustee
of Yale. That Prescott Bush had been the first
chair of Yale’s Development Board – the folks who
raise the money. That Prescott Bush sat on the
Yale Corporation for twelve years. That Prescott
Bush, like George W. Bush’s father, George H. W,
Bush, had been a member of Skull and Bones. That
the first Bush to go to Yale was Bush’s great
great grandfather James Bush, who graduated in
1844. That in addition to his father, grandfather,
and greatgreatgrandfather, Bush was the legacy of
no less than twenty-seven other relatives who
preceded him at Yale, including five great great
uncles. Seven great uncles. Five uncles, and a
number of first cousins.
Now why did Ann leave out these somewhat relevant
facts? Ann grew up in Connecticut. Ann, did you
really not know that Prescott Bush had been your
senator when you were born?
Ann, is it possible that when Prescott’s son
George H. W. Bush became president, it totally
escaped your notice that his father had
represented your state in the United States
Senate? Did neither of your parents mention it in
passing at the dinner table? Did no one at home in
Darien make any comments about the new president’s
lineage?
Understand. This isn’t sloppiness. This is
deliberate. For Ann’s purposes – to claim that the
media that was manipulating facts here – Ann
herself had to manipulate facts – in such a
shameless way. This is what she does.
And she does it over and over and over again.
Let me give you another example.
On page 265 of her book Treason, Ann writes of Tom
Friedman, the New York Times columnist. “He blamed
twenty years of relentless attacks by Muslim
extremists on- I quote – ‘religious
fundamentalists of any stripe.’”
This didn’t sound like Tom Friedman to me, so I
found the one Friedman column that contained that
phrase – “religious fundamentalists of any
stripe.” It was from a December 26, 2001 column
called “Naked Air,” about an airline where
everyone would fly naked. “Think about it,”
Friedman writes, tongue firmly planted in cheek,
“If everybody flew naked, not only would you never
have to worry about the passenger next to you
carrying box cutters or exploding shoes, but no
religious fundamentalists of any stripe would ever
be caught dead flying nude.”
Let me repeat. Ann wrote of Tom Friedman, Jewish
by the way, that “he blamed twenty years of
relentless attacks by Muslim extremists on – I
quote – ‘religious fundamentalists of any
stripe.’” She bothered to put “I quote” in there
for emphasis.
Friedman actually wrote “no religious
fundamentalists of any stripe would ever be caught
dead flying nude” in service of a conceit that
illustrated our dilemma of either becoming less
open as a society or learning to live with much
higher risks than we’ve ever been used to before.
Friedman was not blaming 9/11 on the Lubavichers,
as Ann suggests.
Now this sort of deliberate misrepresentation
contributes to a coarsening of our nation’s
dialogue. Ann recently told an audience:
“We need somebody to put rat poisoning in Justice
Stevens’ creme brulee,” Coulter said. “That’s just
a joke, for you in the media.”
Here’s my question. What’s the joke? Maybe it’s a
prejudice from my days as a comedy writer, but I
always thought the joke had to have an operative
funny idea. I’ll give you an example of a joke.
Like they do every Saturday night, two elderly
Jewish couples are going out to dinner. The guys
are in front, the girls riding in back. Irv says
to Sid, “Where should we go tonight?”
Sid says, “How about that place we went about a
month ago. The Italian place with the great
lasagna.”
Irv says, “I don’t remember it.”
Sid says, “The place with the great lasagna.”
Irv says, “I don’t remember. What’s the name of
the place?”
Sid thinks. But can’t remember. “A flower. Gimme a
flower.”
“Tulip?” Irv says.
“No, no. A different flower.”
“Magnolia?”
“No, no. A basic flower.”
“Orchid?”
“No! Basic.”
“Rose?”
That’s it! Sid turns to the back seat. “Rose. What
was the name of that restaurant…?”
That’s a joke. What exactly is the joke in “We
need somebody to put rat poisoning in Justice
Stevens’ creme brulee?” Is it the crème brulee? Is
that it? Because Stevens is some kind of
Francophile or elitist? Is it the rat poison? See,
I would have gone with Drano. I’m really trying
here, Ann. Please, when you come up, explain the
joke about murdering an associate justice of the
Supreme Court. One who by the way, was appointed
to the Supreme Court by Gerald Ford, and who,
also, by the way, won a Bronze Star serving in the
Navy in World War II. What is the joke? ‘Cause I
don’t get it.
Now in Ann’s defense, she doesn’t always make
horribly offensive remarks or knowingly craft
lies. Very often Ann is just wrong out of
ignorance or pure laziness. Take this from the
MSNBC Show – Saturday Final – on August 30, 2003 –
MSNBC. She is talking about how well the war in
Iraq is going.
COULTER: I think the rebuilding is going extremely
well. Douglas MacArthur was in Japan five years
after V.J. Day. There were enormous casualties in
Germany after World War II. The rebuilding is
actually going quite well compared to past
efforts. And really, all we’re getting from
Democrats is constant carping.
Ann, do you know how many combat fatalities the
American military had in Germany after V-E day?
Zero. You know how many in Japan after V-J day?
Zero.
Ann and I have debated once before. In May of
2004, and Ann still felt the war was going
amazingly well. Let me quote her from that debate:
“…. This war is going amazingly well… the casualty
rate is incredibly small for the rebuilding. It is
going better than can be expected. You cannot read
about how well things are going against Al Sadr,
where you have Iraqis protesting against Al Sadr;
all these stories about how Al Sadr had (this)
vast support among the Iraqis… oh no no no. They
recently held a protest march saying, ‘Al Sadr,
get out.’”
As you know, Ann, Moktadr al Sadr, recently picked
the Shiite choice for prime minister for the new
government, Mohamed al Jafaari. Sadr has thirty-
two seats in the Iraqi assembly compared to Ahmed
Chalabi’s zero. And remember, it was Chalabi to
whom we were going to turn over the Iraqi
government.
Things are not going amazingly well in Iraq. And
they haven’t been going amazingly well since we
allowed the looting of Baghdad. A week ago, former
prime minister Ayad Allawi said that Iraq was
already in a civil war. And as George Bush said in
September of 2004, we should listen to Allawi
because – and I quote – “he understands what’s
going on there – after all, he lives there.”
The first thing this Administration needs to do in
Iraq is to start acknowledging the truth and level
with the American people.
I think the one lesson we can all agree on from
Vietnam is that we cannot blame the troops. By and
large, the vast, vast majority of our troops have
performed heroically. And they deserve our
gratitude and support. And that means supporting
them after they’ve come home.
Two thirds of the wounded in Iraq now have brain
injuries. That’s because so many of the casualties
are from IED’s, and the injuries are concussive
and not ballistic. Each one of those brain
injuries is going to cost a million dollars over
the course of that veteran’s life. And we need to
fund programs for those who come back with post
traumatic stress disorder – a higher percentage
than in any previous war.
Now another value I believe in is love of country.
For some reason it rankles Ann that I’ve done six
USO tours and have had the nerve to talk about it.
I do so because I want people to be aware of the
work that the USO does. I want anyone here today
who is a Hollywood celebrity to think about giving
up a couple weeks of your life to entertain our
men and women in uniform. I think it rankles Ann
that I’ve talked about going on the USO tours
because she can’t conceive that anyone would
actually do something for anyone else. I didn’t go
to Iraq to prove that Democrats are patriotic,
Ann. I did my first USO tour in 1999, when Clinton
was president. We went to Kosovo, a war that was
vehemently and vocally opposed by many
Republicans. Even so, we didn’t call them
traitors. I was invited by the USO to go to Iraq
because they know I do a good job and that it
means a lot to the troops when anyone comes over
to show them we care.
My daughter is 25. She teaches inner city kids in
the Bronx. And that makes me proud. She hates when
I say it, and that makes me even more proud.
My son is an engineering student. He wants to
build fuel efficient cars. He’s a junior in
college and got a job at Ford this summer working
on a new manufacturing process for power trans. I
don’t know what that means either. But he got
there because he works his butt off.
But my son doesn’t feel that he got where he is
because he is some kind of rugged individual. That
he did it all himself. He knows that he stands on
the shoulders of those who stood on the shoulders
of those who stood on the shoulders of those who
stood on the shoulders of those who stood on the
necks of Indians.
My wife and I tried to instill certain values in
our kids. But we don’t love them because they’re
perfect. We love them because they’re decent,
loving kids. Kids who care about others and care,
by the way, about the truth.
One last thing. Speaking of the truth. A few
months after my last debate with Ann, the
following appeared in a New York Observer story
about Ann. From the September 13, 2004 issue..
The writer asks Ann in the article:
“She debated Al Franken recently?
“’Yes,’ she said. ‘It’s not an interesting debate,
because liberals can’t argue. So it’s never like
point-counterpoint; all we do is hear about his
fucking U.S.O. tours for three hours. Excuse my
French.’”
Ann, let’s see if we can have a point-
counterpoint, and an interesting debate. And by
the way, Ann, I have here a DVD of that entire
three hour debate – And I’ll bet you my speaking
fee tonight that I spoke about my USO tours for
less than a grand total of three minutes. How
about it Ann? My speaking fee against your
speaking fee?
I mean we care about the truth, don’t we?

Kevin

Jun 25, 2006, 3:22:16 PM6/25/06
That a member of the Dixie Chicks said she was embarrassed by the
mistakes of the Bush administration does not make them anti-American,
but instead, American patriots of the highest order. In the land of
liberty, being able to accurately say the "emporer has no clothes"
should be appreciated.

That some of you say their allegiance to the American nation over a
failed politician is blasphemous shows how out of touch you are. Those
that think Americans should never express doubts or criticize their
government are threats to this nation itself.

Shame on you. Your ignorance shames all Americans.

Morales wrote:
> Dixie Chicks tour struggling in several markets

> Wed Jun 7, 2006 7:08pm ET
> By Ray Waddell
> NASHVILLE (Billboard) - Initial ticket sales for the Dixie Chicks' upcoming
> tour are far below expectations and several dates will likely be canceled or
> postoned.
>
> Ticket counts for the 20-plus arena shows that went on sale last weekend
> were averaging 5,000-6,000 per show in major markets and less in
> secondaries, according to sources contacted by Billboard. Venue capacities
> on the tour generally top 15,000.

> In contrast, the band's new album, "Taking the Long Way," sold 526,000 units
> in its first week, according to Nielsen Soundscan, the third-largest sales
> week of 2006. The album logged a second week in the period ended June 4,
> according to sales data issued Wednesday.
>

> Despite those numbers, early ticket sales are clearly not meeting
> projections. The plug was pulled on public on-sales for shows in
> Indianapolis (August 23), Oklahoma City (September 26), Memphis (September
> 27) and Houston (September 30) because of tepid pre-sales in a national
> promotion with Target stores.
>
> The Memphis show has been pulled off the route and the status of the shows
> in Indianapolis, Houston and Oklahoma City remains uncertain. Industry
> speculation has it that much or all of the tour may be postponed. At the
> very least, it is likely routing and capacity will be reconfigured.
>
> Early ticket sales for this tour are in marked contrast to the Chicks' last
> proper outing in 2003 when a national on-sale moved some 867,000 tickets the
> first weekend, and second shows were added in several markets. The Chicks
> ended up with the top-grossing country tour of 2003 at $62 million.
>
> But not all shows on this tour are below projections. "We're happy (with our
> on-sale) and comparatively seem to be ahead of most," says John Page, Global
> Spectrum COO/GM at Wachovia Center in Philadelphia, where the trio is booked
> for July 25. A second date was added for the Air Canada Center in Toronto,
> where the first show sold out in eight minutes. "Canada loves the Chicks,"
> says ACC booking director Patti-Ann Tarlton.
>
> After two shows in London, the North American tour was set to begin July 21
> in Detroit. But with ticket sales below expectations, it is possible the
> route and capacities may be further reconfigured. The Chicks are managed by
> Simon Renshaw and booked by Rob Light at Creative Artists Agency, both of
> whom declined to comment.
>
> Reuters/Billboard
>

> begin 666 spacer.gif
> K1TE&.#EA`0`!`( ``/___P```"'Y! $`````+ `````!``$```("1 $`.P``
> `
> end

David Moffitt

Jun 25, 2006, 8:20:51 PM6/25/06

"Cheeks" <_> wrote in message news:449edeca$1...@nntp.zianet.com...

%%%% You listen to Rush? BRAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA-----

> Muffin, bite my ass.

%%%% You are all ass, ass cheeks!

"I wouldn't mind having a 50 caliber sniper rifle. Just to shoot the
shit out of things, like the neighbor's dog shitting in my yard, for
example." --Cheeks in talk.politics.guns 3/29/2006 3:20 PM

Kurt Lochner (Weasels Remember!)

Jun 25, 2006, 10:19:42 PM6/25/06
Cheeks wrote:

[..]
> Right wing zeroes like Muffin [..]

Oh now, you shouldn't be so disparaging about Muffy, he's
doing a service for his country, mowing lawns and changing
the bedpans too. Never mind that he's also selling oxygen
and supplies to all his customers, er.. patients as well..

He works out of a hospice, no telling how much he gouges
on the pricing, being a good republican free market thinker..

> Muffin, bite my ass.

Nope, I'd definitely recommend against that.. No telling what
he's been around of late while he's been making his rounds..

--He's not good for much past greed and hate, typical conservative..