Re: UK - Anti-Knife Drive Increased Killings

Message has been deleted

Mike Jones

Jul 22, 2009, 2:08:02 PM7/22/09
Responding to Mr.B1ack:

> BBC reports that the UKs anti-knife drive - created in response to an
> escalation in youth knife attacks - has resulted in about a seven
> precent INCREASE in stabbing deaths since its implmentation.
>
> Way to GO guys ! :-)
>
> Brits still don't "get it" ...
>
> Gun-control crusaders in the USA should take note.

How wonderful it would be if real life was as simple as your logics. ;\

Tip: "has resulted in" is an assumption at best.

If you want to associate things for fun, the link between American movies
and urban violence has way more meat on it. Wanna go there?

And then there's...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b37A7K1Tvg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-wcqSKse-I

..etc.

Gun promoting crusaders in the USA should take note.

--
*===( http://www.400monkeys.com/God/
*===( http://principiadiscordia.com/

Message has been deleted

Mike Jones

Jul 22, 2009, 7:46:39 PM7/22/09
Responding to Mr.B1ack:

> Mike Jones <N...@Arizona.Bay> wrote:
>
>>Responding to Mr.B1ack:
>>
>>> BBC reports that the UKs anti-knife drive - created in response to an
>>> escalation in youth knife attacks - has resulted in about a seven
>>> precent INCREASE in stabbing deaths since its implmentation.
>>>
>>> Way to GO guys ! :-)
>>>
>>> Brits still don't "get it" ...
>>>
>>> Gun-control crusaders in the USA should take note.
>>

>>How wonderful it would be if real life was as simple as your logics. ;\
>>
>>Tip: "has resulted in" is an assumption at best.
>

> Temporally correlated ...
>
> Suspiciously so.

I was thinking something similar myself. ;)

Message has been deleted

Tater Gumfries

Jul 23, 2009, 9:08:09 AM7/23/09
On Jul 22, 7:48 am, Mr.B1ack <b...@barrk.net> wrote:
> BBC reports that the UKs anti-knife drive - created in
> response to an escalation in youth knife attacks - has
> resulted in about a seven precent INCREASE in stabbing
> deaths since its implmentation.

There ain't no report says that.

Tater

Patriot Games

Jul 23, 2009, 11:35:45 AM7/23/09
On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 18:08:02 GMT, Mike Jones <N...@Arizona.Bay> wrote:
>Responding to Mr.B1ack:
>> BBC reports that the UKs anti-knife drive - created in response to an
>> escalation in youth knife attacks - has resulted in about a seven
>> precent INCREASE in stabbing deaths since its implmentation.
>> Way to GO guys ! :-)
>> Brits still don't "get it" ...
>> Gun-control crusaders in the USA should take note.
>How wonderful it would be if real life was as simple as your logics. ;\
>Tip: "has resulted in" is an assumption at best.
>If you want to associate things for fun, the link between American movies
>and urban violence has way more meat on it. Wanna go there?
>And then there's...
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b37A7K1Tvg
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-wcqSKse-I
>..etc.

Somebody desperately wants to change the subject....

I wonder why?

>Gun promoting crusaders in the USA should take note.

We ALWAYS do.

From: Mike Jones <N...@Arizona.Bay>
82.47.145.104 = Bingley, United Kingdom

Hahahahahahahah!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Mike Jones

Jul 23, 2009, 4:01:42 PM7/23/09
Responding to Mr.B1ack:

> Mike Jones <N...@Arizona.Bay> wrote:
>
>>Responding to Mr.B1ack:

>>> Temporally correlated ...
>>>
>>> Suspiciously so.
>>

>>I was thinking something similar myself. ;)
>

> "Proof" is always hard to determine ... so "strong correlation" often
> has to suffice.

Pre-created panic is often deployed as a "strong correlation" thing.

Beware recycled media-panic. It'll get ya every time.

And now more on those killer icebergs. Are they in /your/ town yet? 8{

Message has been deleted

Patriot Games

Jul 23, 2009, 6:02:03 PM7/23/09

Oops! Caught LYING, again:

(7.3%)

Tackling Knives Action Programme (TKAP) Phase 1:
Overview of key trends from a monitoring programme
http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/rds/pdfs09/horr18c.pdf

Mike Jones

Jul 24, 2009, 6:10:27 AM7/24/09
Responding to Mr.B1ack:

[...]

>>And now more on those killer icebergs. Are they in /your/ town yet? 8{
>

> I'm SURE I saw one lurking behind some bushes down near the
> Quickie-Mart ! Who should I report it to ?

I don't care! I'm, like, so outta here maaaaan! Whoah!

Could try this guy though...?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mall_Cop