#Limbaugh may have broken Ohio election laws

4000 Dead

Mar 25, 2008, 6:51:46 PM3/25/08

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/MSNBC_Limbaugh_encouraging_dirty_tricks_in_0325.html

Abrams praises investigation of Limbaugh's Dem primary 'dirty tricks'
David Edwards and Nick Juliano
Published: Tuesday March 25, 2008

This month's primaries in Ohio and Texas resurrected Hillary Clinton
from the political graveyard for the umpteenth time this election
season.

Conservative talker Rush Limbaugh is taking credit for Clinton's
continued presence in the race after encouraging Republican voters to
switch parties before those two big states voted March 4, and he has
called on Pennsylvania GOPers to do the same before their state votes
April 22. Limbaugh's listeners are worried about an election fraud
investigation, which could result in criminal charges for voters in at
least one Ohio county.

MSNBC host Dan Abrams says the right-wing radio host's aim is "to
subvert democracy and inject dirty tricks into the Democratic
nomination process."

"I've said it before, I think it's un-American to encourage people to
vote for a candidate they don't want to win, in order to corrupt the
process," Abrams said. "But in Ohio, it may also be illegal."

He went on to discuss a probe in Cuyahoga County, which includes
Cleveland, where Board of Elections officials are launching an
investigation into crossover voters to determine whether any are
guilty of election fraud, a felony. Results of the investigation will
be released March 31.

It's unlikely that Limbaugh single-handedly swung the results to
Clinton in either state, as was his stated intention. Clinton and her
Democratic rival Barack Obama split Republicans in Ohio, and Obama won
Texas Republicans, according to network exit polls.

In Ohio's Cuyahoga County, which includes Cleveland, the Plain Dealer
reported that a "staggering" 16,000 Republicans switched parties to
vote in the March 4 Democratic primary. Some GOP voters openly
acknowledged their intention to meddle with the opposing party,
writing messages like "For one day only" on pledges voters are
required to sign indicating they will support the party whose primary
they are voting in.

As staggering as the Cuyahoga County figure seemed, exit polls suggest
crossover voters may have been even more prevalent elsewhere in the
state. Nearly 325,000 voters cast a ballot for either Obama or Clinton
in the Cleveland area, so Republicans accounted for about 5 percent of
the Democratic turnout. Statewide, Republicans made up about 9 percent
of the Democratic primary electorate, according to the exit polls.

Obama has touted his support among independents and GOP voters --
so-called Obamacans -- and while some crossover voters told the PD
they voted for Clinton to set up an easy target for John McCain in the
fall, others said they thought Obama would be an easier opponent.
Plenty of Republicans also voted Democratic out of heart-felt beliefs,
to be sure, as the GOP struggles in what is expected to be a rocky
election year.

In Pennsylvania, Obama's campaign was working hard to get supporters
to switch their registration from independent or Republican to
Democratic. He even ran a radio ad reminding those voters that Monday
was the last day they could register as Democrats to vote in the April
22 primary. Meanwhile, Limbaugh also has said he has "operatives"
registering Republicans as Democrats to vote for Clinton.

Between March 10 and 17, the most recent timeframe available, more
than 14,000 new Democrats registered to vote in Pennsylvania and
29,000 voters switched their registration to the Democratic party, the
Philadelphia Inquirer reports.

Before Pennsylvania goes to the polls, the Cleveland, Ohio-area
elections board will release the results of its investigation. Some
ballots containt possible evidence of voter fraud, which in Ohio is
punishable by up to a year in jail and a $2,500 fine.

"I'm looking for evidence," Sandy McNair, a Democratic member of the
county's elections board tells the Plain Dealer. "I'm not interested
in a witch hunt. But I am interested in holding people accountable,
whether they're Democrat or Republican."

This video is from MSNBC's Verdict, broadcast March 24, 2008.

"I want justice...There's an old poster out West, as I recall, that
said, 'Wanted: Dead or Alive,'"
- G.W. Bush, 9/17/01, UPI

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care.
It's not that important. It's not our priority."
- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

Pay your taxes so the rich don't have to.

For the best in liberal/leftist commentary, visit www.zeppscommentaries.com

cmdr buzz corey

Mar 25, 2008, 7:38:52 PM3/25/08
On Mar 25, 4:51 pm, 4000 Dead <ze...@finestplanet.com> wrote:
> http://rawstory.com/news/2008/MSNBC_Limbaugh_encouraging_dirty_tricks...

The loonie libs would just luv to get Rush on this, but it ain't gonna
happen.

G.I.Jesus

Mar 25, 2008, 8:54:38 PM3/25/08

"cmdr buzz corey" <cmdr-bu...@mailcity.com> wrote in message

> The loonie libs would just luv to get Rush on this, but it ain't gonna
> happen.

Okay, Nostrodamas.

4000 Dead

Mar 25, 2008, 9:55:28 PM3/25/08

Agreed. As long as Putsch is in office, right wingers are above the
law.
--

What do you call a Republican with a conscience?

An ex-Republican.

http://www.balloon-juice.com/?p=8827 (From Yang, AthD (h.c)

"Prosperity and peace are in the balance," -- Putsch, not admitting that he's against both

Putsch: leading America to asymetric warfare since 2001

Not dead, in jail, or a slave? Thank a liberal!

Pay your taxes so the rich don't have to.

For the finest in liberal/leftist commentary,
http://www.zeppscommentaries.com
For news feed (free, 10-20 articles a day)
Zepps_News...@yahoogroups.com
For essays (donations accepted, 2 articles/week)
Zepps_essay...@yahoogroups.com
a.a. #2211 -- Bryan Zepp Jamieson

Foxtrot

Mar 25, 2008, 10:21:07 PM3/25/08
4000 Dead <zepp22...@finestplanet.com> wrote:

>cmdr buzz corey <cmdr-bu...@mailcity.com> wrote:
>>4000 Dead <ze...@finestplanet.com> wrote:
>>> http://rawstory.com/news/2008/MSNBC_Limbaugh_encouraging_dirty_tricks...
>>>
>>> Abrams praises investigation of Limbaugh's Dem primary 'dirty tricks'

>>> This month's primaries in Ohio and Texas resurrected Hillary Clinton

>>> from the political graveyard for the umpteenth time this election
>>> season.
>>>
>>> Conservative talker Rush Limbaugh is taking credit for Clinton's
>>> continued presence in the race after encouraging Republican voters to
>>> switch parties before those two big states voted March 4, and he has
>>> called on Pennsylvania GOPers to do the same before their state votes
>>> April 22. Limbaugh's listeners are worried about an election fraud
>>> investigation, which could result in criminal charges for voters in at
>>> least one Ohio county.
>>>
>>> MSNBC host Dan Abrams says the right-wing radio host's aim is "to
>>> subvert democracy and inject dirty tricks into the Democratic
>>> nomination process."
>>>
>>> "I've said it before, I think it's un-American to encourage people to
>>> vote for a candidate they don't want to win, in order to corrupt the
>>> process," Abrams said. "But in Ohio, it may also be illegal."

C'mon asshole make our day. LOL

>>The loonie libs would just luv to get Rush on this, but it ain't gonna
>>happen.
>
>Agreed. As long as Putsch is in office, right wingers are above the
>law.

It's an OHIO law that they're investigating dumbass, not federal.
Your paranoid hatred of Bush is showing.

Go right ahead and try to ignore the First Amendment and attack
Rush. And go right ahead and try to prosecute Ohio voters for
voting as they see fit.

You're only driving people away from the Dem party and increasing
Rush's audience.

Steve

Mar 26, 2008, 6:17:42 AM3/26/08

The desperate loons are claiming that it's illegal to change your
registration.... what a hoot

Milt Shook is too stupid to find out what a Congressional page
does before claiming to have been one....

"I was a Senate Page for two years when I went to HS in Maryland. Why is
that hard to believe?"
--Milt.Shook
http://groups.google.com/group/talk.politics/msg/45a41b2be7278eed?&q=senate+page

"Of course, between commuting an hour each way to and from the Capitol
every day, and trying to keep up with my studies in high school, and
play JV football (I was "too skinny" for varsity, according to my
moronic coach), and a few other extra curricular activities, I
wouldn't have had much time for that, anyway. Especially after I blew
out my knee in the fourth game of the season... damn... "

--Milt Shook, apparently unaware that congressional pages attend school
mornings and evenings at the Capital so they can attend sessions of Congress.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.society.liberalism/msg/d4fb757cb481a5c2

"I was a [..Congressional..] page. Twice; and both
under unusual circumstances, especially the second time. "
--Milt Shook
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.society.liberalism/msg/f2f538a583cb79c3

Canyon note: Fantasies like that aren't unusual at all for Shook..

Michael Ejercito

Mar 26, 2008, 10:56:15 AM3/26/08
What else do they have?

Michael

milt....@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2008, 11:14:52 AM3/26/08

Oh, I don't know about this one. A radio host tells his minions to go
out and break the law, some of them go out and break the law, and it's
the radio host's fault?

Far be it from me to defend Limbaugh, but for Chrissakes, this is
insane. I just don't see how he's responsibility for the stupidity of
the idiots who listen to him and do what he says. Isn't this much like
those mothers who tried to sue Ozzy Osbourne because he supposedly
told their kids to commit suicide? Whatever happened to individual
free will. The schmucks who chose to break the law in Ohio should be
prosecuted, not Limbaugh.

I'd much rather see him thrown in jail for doctor shopping, or other
things he IS responsible for.

4000 Dead

Mar 26, 2008, 11:22:20 AM3/26/08

Changing it for purposes of election fraud may well be illegal.

Especially since some of those right wingers were stupid enough to
write in that that was their intent on the forms.

--

What do you call a Republican with a conscience?

An ex-Republican.

"Prosperity and peace are in the balance," -- Putsch, not admitting that he's against both

Putsch: leading America to asymetric warfare since 2001

Not dead, in jail, or a slave? Thank a liberal!

Pay your taxes so the rich don't have to.

4000 Dead

Mar 26, 2008, 11:29:59 AM3/26/08

No, but he is complicit. There IS such a thing as conspiracy charges,
you know.

>Far be it from me to defend Limbaugh, but for Chrissakes, this is
>insane. I just don't see how he's responsibility for the stupidity of
>the idiots who listen to him and do what he says. Isn't this much like
>those mothers who tried to sue Ozzy Osbourne because he supposedly
>told their kids to commit suicide? Whatever happened to individual
>free will. The schmucks who chose to break the law in Ohio should be
>prosecuted, not Limbaugh.

That's been a favorite defence of the GOP for years: "he wuz too
stoop'd to know he was doin' anything wrong."

>I'd much rather see him thrown in jail for doctor shopping, or other
>things he IS responsible for.

--

What do you call a Republican with a conscience?

An ex-Republican.

"Prosperity and peace are in the balance," -- Putsch, not admitting that he's against both

Putsch: leading America to asymetric warfare since 2001

Not dead, in jail, or a slave? Thank a liberal!

Pay your taxes so the rich don't have to.

bval...@aol.com

Mar 26, 2008, 11:46:41 AM3/26/08
.
> Abrams praises investigation of Limbaugh's Dem primary 'dirty tricks'
.
Good.

Republicans are sick and tired of Democrat "mean" tactics, and are
fighting back in kind.
And now you want to arrest Rush Limbaugh for thought crime
violations? You want to arrest citizens for casting votes for the
"wrong" reason?

BTW, just how has your heavy handed thug tactics worked so far to
dismantle the Republican Party?

http://www.gallup.com/poll/105691/McCain-vs-Obama-28-Clinton-Backers-McCain.aspx

If McCain vs. Obama, 28% of Clinton Backers Go for McCain
If McCain vs. Clinton, 19% of Obama backers go for McCain

Steve

Mar 26, 2008, 11:46:49 AM3/26/08

Zepp may well be insane....

>Especially since some of those right wingers were stupid enough to
>write in that that was their intent on the forms.

There was no election fraud.. these people truly wanted the candidate
they voted for to be the Democrat Party's nominee...

>> Michael

Steve

Mar 26, 2008, 11:46:50 AM3/26/08

<ROFL> There IS such a thing as Leftist desperation....

Steve

Mar 26, 2008, 11:46:50 AM3/26/08
On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 08:14:52 -0700 (PDT), milt....@gmail.com wrote:

Except there was no law broken nor was anyone told to break any law...

>Far be it from me to defend Limbaugh, but for Chrissakes, this is
>insane. I just don't see how he's responsibility for the stupidity of
>the idiots who listen to him and do what he says. Isn't this much like
>those mothers who tried to sue Ozzy Osbourne because he supposedly
>told their kids to commit suicide? Whatever happened to individual
>free will. The schmucks who chose to break the law in Ohio should be
>prosecuted, not Limbaugh.
>
>I'd much rather see him thrown in jail for doctor shopping, or other
>things he IS responsible for.

Milt Shook is too stupid to find out what a Congressional page

bval...@aol.com

Mar 26, 2008, 11:54:16 AM3/26/08
.
.

> Changing it for purposes of election fraud may well be illegal.
.
Elected officials can decide what's going on inside the heads of
voters?

.
> Especially since some of those right wingers were stupid enough to
> write in that that was their intent on the forms.
.
OK, so you're lying again. Standard Jamie procedure. What actually
happened is that in 99.9 percent of the cases, the loyalty oaths
weren't even asked for. You guys got nuthin'!!!!!!

After years of trying to destroy Rush's life, he's just kicked the
Democrat Party in the balls.

Wasn't it only a few months ago that the lefties were gloating how
"irrelevant" Rush had become? That he was now a "has been"?

Tell me, how has your plan to "turn mean" been working out for you?

Steve

Mar 26, 2008, 12:05:43 PM3/26/08

Fatty's been calling his enemies "cunts" lately.. That's sure to
bring people around to his POV...

I figure it's time to start considering legal action
against this little stalker.
Zepp Jamieson 2 Mar 2005
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.politics.democrats.d/msg/b503459d6b2db5b2?hl=en&

bval...@aol.com

Mar 26, 2008, 12:12:33 PM3/26/08

> Far be it from me to defend Limbaugh, but for Chrissakes, this is
> insane. I just don't see how he's responsibility for the stupidity of
> the idiots who listen to him and do what he says. Isn't this much like
> those mothers who tried to sue Ozzy Osbourne because he supposedly
> told their kids to commit suicide? Whatever happened to individual
> free will. The schmucks who chose to break the law in Ohio should be
> prosecuted, not Limbaugh.
.
The problem is that the Ohio law is insanely unconstitutional. Ohio
is the only state in the Union which demands a loyalty oath, and if
challenged, it wouldn't stand for ten seconds. Talk show host and
constitutional scholar Hugh Hewitt has already collected a team of the
top constitutional lawyers in the country to stand by Rush if Ohio is
stupid enough press forward.

I must admit, it would be tons o' fun to see Democrats defending the
concepts of thought crimes and loyalty oaths (not loyalty oaths to
America - oh goddess, no - that would be as insane as wearing an
American flag on one's lapel or walking out on a Minister while he
screams "God DAMN America" - but loyalty to the Democrat Party.) Oh,
here's another turd in the punchbowl in regards to your dream of
shutting down free speech - in almost every case, nobody bothered to
ask for the Loyalty Oath To The Democrat Party be signed.

> I'd much rather see him thrown in jail for doctor shopping, or other
> things he IS responsible for.

.
Please list ANYBODY who's EVER been arrested in Florida for a first
offense doctor shopping pain killers after an operation after
volunteering entering rehab. Here's a quick clue - it's never
happened. Rush's enemies have been looking for years, and have come
up empty handed. But then, what is the law for, if not to be twisted
around to arrest people who criticize Democrats?

bval...@aol.com

Mar 26, 2008, 12:17:31 PM3/26/08
.
.

> No, but he is complicit. There IS such a thing as conspiracy charges,
> you know.
.
Ooooooooo, so Rush is guilty of conspiracy to violate Ohio's Thought
Control Law. After all, the Democrats want to control the MOTIVES of
voters, and to make votes they don't like criminal.

.

bval...@aol.com

Mar 26, 2008, 12:22:52 PM3/26/08

.
> >Wasn't it only a few months ago that the lefties were gloating how
> >"irrelevant" Rush had become? That he was now a "has been"?
.

> >Tell me, how has your plan to "turn mean" been working out for you?
.

> Fatty's been calling his enemies "cunts" lately.. That's sure to
> bring people around to his POV...
.
I understand that when Jamie wants to masturbate, he has to roll
around in flour to find the wet spot.

milt....@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2008, 12:44:59 PM3/26/08
On Mar 26, 11:29 am, 4000 Dead <zepp22114...@finestplanet.com> wrote:
This crime involves one person. Basically, a person showed up at the
polling place, that person voted when he shouldn't have, and did so of
his own volition. This isn't a conspiracy; it's stupidity.

One question, though; how can you have a conspiracy when the two
people supposedly involved have never had contact with each other.

> >Far be it from me to defend Limbaugh, but for Chrissakes, this is
> >insane. I just don't see how he's responsibility for the stupidity of
> >the idiots who listen to him and do what he says. Isn't this much like
> >those mothers who tried to sue Ozzy Osbourne because he supposedly
> >told their kids to commit suicide? Whatever happened to individual
> >free will. The schmucks who chose to break the law in Ohio should be
> >prosecuted, not Limbaugh.
>
> That's been a favorite defence of the GOP for years: "he wuz too
> stoop'd to know he was doin' anything wrong."

Well, in this case, they're right. How far do we take this? If Thom
Hartmann tells his listeners to join a protest, and they end up
arrested, should we also go after Thom, because he told them to do
it?

4000 Dead

Mar 26, 2008, 1:13:30 PM3/26/08

Same way a hired gun for the mob who has never spoken to the head of
the family can stil be part of the same conspiracy. It is enough that
the mob boss makes his wishes known.

milt....@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2008, 3:21:40 PM3/26/08
On Mar 26, 1:13 pm, 4000 Dead <ze...@finestplanet.com> wrote:
Okay, besides the fact that we're not talking about murder here, or
robbery, I would also point out that the instances of actually
prosecuting a mob boss are very rare. It's because it requires there
be some sort of direct access and coercion for there to be a
conspiracy. If you complain to me that you're low on money, and I tell
you jokingly to "rob a bank," I'm not part of the conspiracy if you
decide to do so. It takes a little more than simply asking someone to
do something to create a conspiracy. What sort of coercion do you
think Limbaugh used?

milt....@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2008, 3:32:50 PM3/26/08
On Mar 26, 12:12 pm, "bvall...@aol.com" <bvall...@aol.com> wrote:
> > Far be it from me to defend Limbaugh, but for Chrissakes, this is
> > insane. I just don't see how he's responsibility for the stupidity of
> > the idiots who listen to him and do what he says. Isn't this much like
> > those mothers who tried to sue Ozzy Osbourne because he supposedly
> > told their kids to commit suicide? Whatever happened to individual
> > free will. The schmucks who chose to break the law in Ohio should be
> > prosecuted, not Limbaugh.
>
> .
> The problem is that the Ohio law is insanely unconstitutional. Ohio
> is the only state in the Union which demands a loyalty oath, and if
> challenged, it wouldn't stand for ten seconds. Talk show host and
> constitutional scholar Hugh Hewitt has already collected a team of the
> top constitutional lawyers in the country to stand by Rush if Ohio is
> stupid enough press forward.

They really can't be that stupid. At least I hope not. I can't stand
Limbaugh, but he has the same freedom of speech as everyone else. How
chilling would it be to free speech if, every time you said something
controversial, you had to worry about some moron taking you too
literally and breaking the law, based on what you said?

If someone who voted actually broke a valid law, that person should be
prosecuted, if appropriate. But when some lamebrain hears Limbaugh say
something, and does exactly that, it's not Limbaugh's fault. Limbaugh
can't help that he attracts an audience of morons... well, it is, but
he can't be held responsible for their moronic activities.

> I must admit, it would be tons o' fun to see Democrats defending the
> concepts of thought crimes and loyalty oaths (not loyalty oaths to
> America - oh goddess, no - that would be as insane as wearing an
> American flag on one's lapel or walking out on a Minister while he
> screams "God DAMN America" - but loyalty to the Democrat Party.) Oh,
> here's another turd in the punchbowl in regards to your dream of
> shutting down free speech - in almost every case, nobody bothered to
> ask for the Loyalty Oath To The Democrat Party be signed.

Well, I'm actually kind of surprised to see Democrats going down this
road. This is a clear free speech issue. I can't stand Limbaugh, but I
also defend his right to free speech unequivocally. And blaming him
because someone did something stupid on his say-so is simply
ridiculous. If Randi Rhodes told her listeners to climb the White
House fence, and several of them did it, you can say she's stupid for
telling them that, and you might make a case for civil responsibility,
if Secret Sevice killed them while doing so. But would she be a
criminal? Of course not.

> > I'd much rather see him thrown in jail for doctor shopping, or other
> > things he IS responsible for.
>
> .
> Please list ANYBODY who's EVER been arrested in Florida for a first
> offense doctor shopping pain killers after an operation after
> volunteering entering rehab. Here's a quick clue - it's never
> happened. Rush's enemies have been looking for years, and have come
> up empty handed. But then, what is the law for, if not to be twisted
> around to arrest people who criticize Democrats?

As usual, you missed my point. I was talking about his responsibility
for actions. Immediately, you go into defensive mode...

But I will say this... doctor shopping is the rich person's equivalent
of forging prescriptions, or breaking into a pharmacy and stealing
meds. it just goes to show that there is a chasm between justice for
the rich and justice for the poor...

Jeffrey Scott Linder

Mar 26, 2008, 4:51:04 PM3/26/08
4000 Dead <zepp22...@finestplanet.com> wrote:

And you were so willing to forgive Michael Moore in 2004.
Well...it is the silly season.

JSL

Jeffrey Scott Linder

Mar 26, 2008, 4:54:21 PM3/26/08
4000 Dead <ze...@finestplanet.com> wrote:

I keep waiting for Zepp to use his Michael Moore defense on this
one....doens't seem to be happening.

JSL

Steve

Mar 26, 2008, 5:53:01 PM3/26/08
On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 12:32:50 -0700 (PDT), milt....@gmail.com wrote:

>On Mar 26, 12:12 pm, "bvall...@aol.com" <bvall...@aol.com> wrote:
>> > Far be it from me to defend Limbaugh, but for Chrissakes, this is
>> > insane. I just don't see how he's responsibility for the stupidity of
>> > the idiots who listen to him and do what he says. Isn't this much like
>> > those mothers who tried to sue Ozzy Osbourne because he supposedly
>> > told their kids to commit suicide? Whatever happened to individual
>> > free will. The schmucks who chose to break the law in Ohio should be
>> > prosecuted, not Limbaugh.
>>
>> .
>> The problem is that the Ohio law is insanely unconstitutional. Ohio
>> is the only state in the Union which demands a loyalty oath, and if
>> challenged, it wouldn't stand for ten seconds. Talk show host and
>> constitutional scholar Hugh Hewitt has already collected a team of the
>> top constitutional lawyers in the country to stand by Rush if Ohio is
>> stupid enough press forward.
>
>They really can't be that stupid. At least I hope not. I can't stand
>Limbaugh, but he has the same freedom of speech as everyone else. How
>chilling would it be to free speech if, every time you said something
>controversial, you had to worry about some moron taking you too
>literally and breaking the law, based on what you said?
>
>If someone who voted actually broke a valid law, that person should be
>prosecuted, if appropriate.

Fact is that there was no law broken.. and even if there was a valid
law that was Constitutional and applied to a person pledging
allegiance to a political party, and if that pledge was actually
administered to the individual, the fact that it's completely legal
to change your party registration nullifies any claim that one cannot
change their mind at any time.... You'd have to prove what he was
thinking at the time he made the pledge....

Please, please, let some big Democrat try to push this thing....

bval...@aol.com

Mar 26, 2008, 6:42:00 PM3/26/08
.

> As usual, you missed my point.>
.
No, I got your point - I just found it despicable.
.

> I was talking about his responsibility for actions.>
.
Have you ever called for any other person addicted to pain killers to
be arrested? Ever? Of course not - Rush's addiction is something
sleazy people use to try and shut him up.
Rush was responsible. He went on his show, admitted what he did, got
help, and has been clean ever since. If this had happened to a
liberal, you would have hailed him as a hero.

Here some other media figures who found themselves addicted to
painkillers - how many of these people have you demanded be sent to
jail?

Kathleen Turner

Daniel Baldwin

Winona Ryder

Matthew Perry

Jamie Lee Curtis

Jerry Lewis

Jack Osbourne

Charlie Sheen

Glen Campbell

Liza Minnelli

Chevy Chase
.
Any? No? Just people who voice conservative opinion? Hmmmmmmmmmmm.
.

> Immediately, you go into defensive mode...

.
What other sensible position is there when liberals are trying to shut
down free speech? You're talking about using the law as it's never
been used before to destroy the life of a person who says things you'd
rather no one is allowed to hear.

.
> But I will say this... doctor shopping is the rich person's equivalent
> of forging prescriptions, or breaking into a pharmacy and stealing
> meds. it just goes to show that there is a chasm between justice for
> the rich and justice for the poor...

.
Ah, playing the class hatred card, huh? So, tell me, just why
wouldn't middle class or poor people doctor shop?

The Weasel

Mar 26, 2008, 8:10:26 PM3/26/08
On Mar 26, 10:44 am, milt.sh...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Mar 26, 11:29 am, 4000 Dead <zepp22114...@finestplanet.com> wrote:

Ohio is an open primary state, thus a person cannot vote "when he
shouldn't have".

>and did so of
> his own volition. This isn't a conspiracy; it's stupidity.
>
> One question, though; how can you have a conspiracy when the two
> people supposedly involved have never had contact with each other.
>

> > >Far be it from me to defend Limbaugh, but for Chrissakes, this is
> > >insane. I just don't see how he's responsibility for the stupidity of
> > >the idiots who listen to him and do what he says. Isn't this much like
> > >those mothers who tried to sue Ozzy Osbourne because he supposedly
> > >told their kids to commit suicide? Whatever happened to individual

> > >free will. The schmucks who chose to break the law inOhioshould be

The Weasel

Mar 26, 2008, 8:34:54 PM3/26/08
On Mar 25, 7:55 pm, 4000 Dead <zepp22114...@finestplanet.com> wrote:
> [...]

> >> of the Democraticprimaryelectorate, according to the exit polls.

> >> Obama has touted his support among independents and GOP voters --
> >> so-called Obamacans -- and while some crossover voters told the PD
> >> they voted for Clinton to set up an easy target for John McCain in the
> >> fall, others said they thought Obama would be an easier opponent.
> >> Plenty of Republicans also voted Democratic out of heart-felt beliefs,
> >> to be sure, as the GOP struggles in what is expected to be a rocky
> >> election year.
>
> >> In Pennsylvania, Obama's campaign was working hard to get supporters
> >> to switch their registration from independent or Republican to
> >> Democratic. He even ran a radio ad reminding those voters that Monday
> >> was the last day they could register as Democrats to vote in the April
> >> 22primary. Meanwhile, Limbaugh also has said he has "operatives"

Once again, Old Zepp finds himself on the wrong side of the issue. It
is not that "right wingers" are above the law, it is that they also
have the right to FREE SPEECH.

Ohio's SoS, Democrat Jennifer Brunner, will not go forward on the
case.

"She told the (Cleveland) Plain Dealer tonight that she feared
treading on free-speech rights."

http://www.wtol.com/Global/story.asp?S=8069555

> --
>
> What do you call a Republican with a conscience?
>
> An ex-Republican.
>

> http://www.balloon-juice.com/?p=8827(From Yang, AthD (h.c)

> "Prosperity and peace are in the balance," -- Putsch, not admitting that he's against both
>
> Putsch: leading America to asymetric warfare since 2001
>
> Not dead, in jail, or a slave? Thank a liberal!
> Pay your taxes so the rich don't have to.

> For the finest in liberal/leftist commentary,http://www.zeppscommentaries.com

> For news feed (free, 10-20 articles a day)

> Zepps_News-subscr...@yahoogroups.com

> For essays (donations accepted, 2 articles/week)

> Zepps_essays-subscr...@yahoogroups.com

milt....@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2008, 9:14:41 PM3/26/08
On Mar 26, 6:42 pm, bvall...@aol.com wrote:

No. You didn't get my point, as you prove below.

Might as well PLONK. You're not capable of cogent thought.

4000 Dead

Mar 26, 2008, 10:55:42 PM3/26/08

Ah. So I can come into your living room and paint obscene graffiti on
the walls? That's part of my right to free speech? Cool!

--

What do you call a Republican with a conscience?

An ex-Republican.

http://www.balloon-juice.com/?p=8827 (From Yang, AthD (h.c)

"Prosperity and peace are in the balance," -- Putsch, not admitting that he's against both

Putsch: leading America to asymetric warfare since 2001

Not dead, in jail, or a slave? Thank a liberal!
Pay your taxes so the rich don't have to.
For the finest in liberal/leftist commentary,
http://www.zeppscommentaries.com
For news feed (free, 10-20 articles a day)

Zepps_News...@yahoogroups.com

For essays (donations accepted, 2 articles/week)

Zepps_essay...@yahoogroups.com

bval...@aol.com

Mar 26, 2008, 10:05:47 PM3/26/08

.
> > No, I got your point - I just found it despicable.
.
> No. You didn't get my point, as you prove below.
,
And yet, you don't actually dispute any of my points, do you?

bval...@aol.com

Mar 26, 2008, 10:09:22 PM3/26/08
.
.
> >This crime involves one person. Basically, a person showed up at the
> >polling place, that person voted when he shouldn't have, and did so of
> >his own volition. This isn't a conspiracy; it's stupidity.
.
> >One question, though; how can you have a conspiracy when the two
> >people supposedly involved have never had contact with each other.
.
> Same way a hired gun for the mob who has never spoken to the head of
> the family can stil be part of the same conspiracy. It is enough that
> the mob boss makes his wishes known.
.
Tell me, don't you feel that people who lie in the road to keep Army
recruiters from visiting a high school are heroes, even though they
break the law? Was Martin Luther King a criminal when he broke the
law to protest a wrong?

milt....@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2008, 10:26:25 PM3/26/08

You're also obtuse. Another reason to plonk...

so...

Plonk!

George Grapman

Mar 26, 2008, 10:29:59 PM3/26/08
bval...@aol.com wrote:
> [...]

http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/balko200405170730.asp

Last month, Jacob Sullum wrote an article for Reason magazine's website
about Richard Paey, a 45-year-old father of three in constant, chronic
pain from a car accident, back surgery, and multiple sclerosis. Unable
to find a doctor after moving to Florida, Paey covertly obtained the
painkillers he needed for relief. Because the painkillers contained
oxycodone (the drug war's latest fashionable target), and because Paey
obtained more than 28 grams of the drug (about 60 pills), he was
arrested last March for drug trafficking. Paey was tried and convicted.
Though both prosecutors and jury conceded that Paey wasn't a dealer,
their hands were tied by uncompromising drug-war policy

http://www.reason.com/news/show/35695.html

milt....@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2008, 10:31:30 PM3/26/08
On Mar 26, 8:10 pm, The Weasel <theoneandonlysuperwea...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

I find this phenomenon fascinating...

You're the second wingnut in this thread who seems to miss the fact
that I agree with you, that Rush Limbaugh should not be prosecuted for
anything.

Instead, your knees jerk so far into your chins that it rattles your
brain, and you see things that aren't there.

The "crime" is necessarily hypothetical at this point, isn't it, given
that no one has even been charged with anything at this point.

So put the knee back and re-read what I actually said, and not what
you decided to read that wasn't there...

bval...@aol.com

Mar 26, 2008, 11:16:01 PM3/26/08
On Mar 26, 7:26 pm, milt.sh...@gmail.com wrote:

> > .
> > .
> > .
> > > No. You didn't get my point, as you prove below.
.

> > And yet, you don't actually dispute any of my points, do you?
.

> You're also obtuse. Another reason to plonk...
.
Again, you didn't actually address my points, and explain why they
were wrong, did you?

George Grapman

Mar 26, 2008, 11:25:39 PM3/26/08
bval...@aol.com wrote:
> [...]

Do a google search on Richard Paey. Nation Review has a story about him

>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
> .
>>> And yet, you don't actually dispute any of my points, do you?
> .
>> You're also obtuse. Another reason to plonk...
> .
> Again, you didn't actually address my points, and explain why they
> were wrong, did you?

This from vallely who claims that Limbaugh is convincing many
Republicans to cross over and that Democrats did the same thing. When
asked for proof he posted numerous links. One reported that McCain was
trying to get votes from independents and Democrats. Another was a blog
saying a Democrat had urged people to vote for McCain, one was a story
saying he would not do as well in Michigan as he had done in 2000 and
one was a video showing McCain claiming victory. The one thing that had
in common was that none of them backed up his claims.

bval...@aol.com

Mar 26, 2008, 11:41:07 PM3/26/08
.
.
> http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/balko200405170730.asp
.

> Last month, Jacob Sullum wrote an article for Reason magazine's website
> about Richard Paey, a 45-year-old father of three in constant, chronic
> pain from a car accident, back surgery, and multiple sclerosis. Unable
> to find a doctor after moving to Florida, Paey covertly obtained the
> painkillers he needed for relief. Because the painkillers contained
> oxycodone (the drug war's latest fashionable target), and because Paey
> obtained more than 28 grams of the drug (about 60 pills), he was
> arrested last March for drug trafficking. Paey was tried and convicted.
> Though both prosecutors and jury conceded that Paey wasn't a dealer,
> their hands were tied by uncompromising drug-war policy
.
> http://www.reason.com/news/show/35695.html
.
This is a best example the drive by media has been able to dig up, and
it's pathetic.

Here's a couple of major differences between Richard Paey's case and
Rush's:

Mr. Paey was caught committing crimes. Rush was not.

Mr. Paey stole perscription forms from his doctor, and filled them in
himself. Rush was never accused of that.

Mr. Paey's doctor was in New Jersey, and Mr. Paey used the stolen
prescriptions forms to fill drugs in Florida, which means he crossed
state lines to commit a crime. Rush, as I mentioned before, was never
caught committing a crime.

Mr. Paey was offered a deal - he decided to take his chances with the
jury. Rush was not.

Mr. Paey was convicted unanimously by a jury. Despite two years of
investigation, and millions of dollars squandered, not enough evidence
was found to bring Rush's case to court.

Rush admitted what he did, and voluntarily got help. His treatment
has been 100% successful. There is no mention in the article of Mr.
Paey seeking drug therapy, but considering how onesided in favor of
Mr. Paey the article in "Reason" was, I can only assume that no
serious attempt at controlling his addiction was attempted.

.

George Grapman

Mar 26, 2008, 11:50:51 PM3/26/08

National Review and Reason are now part of the drive by media?

> Here's a couple of major differences between Richard Paey's case and
> Rush's:
>
> Mr. Paey was caught committing crimes. Rush was not.

Really? Rush was not caught doctor shopping?

> Mr. Paey stole perscription forms from his doctor, and filled them in
> himself. Rush was never accused of that.
>
> Mr. Paey's doctor was in New Jersey, and Mr. Paey used the stolen
> prescriptions forms to fill drugs in Florida, which means he crossed
> state lines to commit a crime. Rush, as I mentioned before, was never
> caught committing a crime.

No ,he had his maid score for him.

> Mr. Paey was offered a deal - he decided to take his chances with the
> jury. Rush was not.
>
> Mr. Paey was convicted unanimously by a jury. Despite two years of
> investigation, and millions of dollars squandered, not enough evidence
> was found to bring Rush's case to court.
>
> Rush admitted what he did, and voluntarily got help. His treatment
> has been 100% successful.

Rush only admitted his addiction and got help after it was reported.

bval...@aol.com

Mar 26, 2008, 11:55:32 PM3/26/08

.

.
> I find this phenomenon fascinating...
.
> You're the second wingnut in this thread who seems to miss the fact
> that I agree with you, that Rush Limbaugh should not be prosecuted for
> anything.
.
Cut the crap, willya? You most certainly DID say that Rush should be
arrested. "I'd much rather see him thrown in jail for doctor

shopping, or other things he IS responsible for. "

> Instead, your knees jerk so far into your chins that it rattles your

> brain, and you see things that aren't there.

.

"I'd much rather see him thrown in jail for doctor shopping, or other
things he IS responsible for. "

.
> The "crime" is necessarily hypothetical at this point, isn't it, given
> that no one has even been charged with anything at this point.
.
> So put the knee back and re-read what I actually said, and not what
> you decided to read that wasn't there...

.

"I'd much rather see him thrown in jail for doctor shopping, or other
things he IS responsible for. "

Any other softballs that you'd like me to knock out of the park?

bval...@aol.com

Mar 26, 2008, 11:57:54 PM3/26/08

> Do a google search on Richard Paey. Nation Review has a story about him
.
I read the article on Paey - I cut it to shreds, so I expect that
you'll pretend it doesn't exist.

.
.
.

> This from vallely who claims that Limbaugh is convincing many
> Republicans to cross over and that Democrats did the same thing.
.
Oops, rather than answer my question, Grapejuice went babbling about
something else entirely.

George Grapman

Mar 27, 2008, 12:05:34 AM3/27/08
I was simply pointing out you continued inability to back up any of
your claims with facts.

bval...@aol.com

Mar 27, 2008, 12:34:59 AM3/27/08
On Mar 26, 9:05 pm, George Grapman <sfgeo...@paccbell.net> wrote:
.
No, you were dodging a legitimate question. It's the only
intellectual skill that liberals have, other than screaming "racist",
"sexist", "homophobe" or "faggot."

George Grapman

Mar 27, 2008, 12:37:46 AM3/27/08

Where did I use those words?
Please show us where any of the links you posted made any mention of
your claims.

bval...@aol.com

Mar 27, 2008, 12:42:45 AM3/27/08
On Mar 26, 8:50 pm, George Grapman <sfgeo...@paccbell.net> wrote:
.

> > Mr. Paey was caught committing crimes. Rush was not.
.
> Really? Rush was not caught doctor shopping?
.
Nope. Two years (and millions of dollars) of investigation produced
nothing.
.

.
> No ,he had his maid score for him.
.
That's what she claims. Of course, this convicted drug dealer was
paid a six figure sum to dream up a condemning story about Rush to the
National Enquirer.

.
.
.
> Rush only admitted his addiction and got help after it was reported.
.
If it had been Clinton, ("Aaaaaggghhhrrrr Clinton's name was
mentioned!!!! It burns, it burns!!!!!f") Bubba would have attacked
the maid, attack the National Enquirer, impuned anyone who repeated
the story. Aw, Hell, you know the drill as well as anyone. Rush
admitted that his life was out of control, confessed, got help and got
his life in order.

> There is no mention in the article of Mr.Paey seeking drug therapy, but considering how onesided in favor of Mr. Paey the article in "Reason" was, I can only assume that no serious attempt at controlling his addiction was attempted.
.

George Grapman

Mar 27, 2008, 12:43:46 AM3/27/08

Admitted after it became public knowledge.

bval...@aol.com

Mar 27, 2008, 3:36:00 AM3/27/08

bval...@aol.com

Mar 27, 2008, 3:41:27 AM3/27/08
.

> Where did I use those words?
.
Where did I say that you used those words? Oh, wait, you're just
lying again to cover for your intellectual inferiority, aren't you?

nob...@nowhere.com

Mar 27, 2008, 6:30:27 AM3/27/08

Ah, Miltie plonks another another person who disagrees with him. This
is Miltie's SOP when someone challenges what he says. Of course,
Miltie doesn't really have any plonking capacity and has been known to
reply to people he's claimed to plonk.

nob...@nowhere.com

Mar 27, 2008, 6:33:28 AM3/27/08

Don't confuse Georgie with facts. He's not very good with them.

nob...@nowhere.com

Mar 27, 2008, 6:37:10 AM3/27/08

That would involve trespassing, wouldn't it? Of course Zippy is too
stupid for words.

Steve

Mar 27, 2008, 8:26:36 AM3/27/08
On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 18:14:41 -0700 (PDT), milt....@gmail.com wrote:

There's Milt claiming he can killfile again... even though google
groups has no killfile cardinality...

Milt makes up stories... He's kind of like Hillary in that respect.

[...]

Steve

Mar 27, 2008, 8:26:37 AM3/27/08
On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 18:55:42 -0800, 4000 Dead
<zepp22...@finestplanet.com> wrote:

Zepp's been warned about the hallucinogenic side effects of eating too
many twinkies....

Steve

Mar 27, 2008, 8:26:37 AM3/27/08

Not to mention the damage he'd do trying to squeeze his fat, 300+
pound ass through the door...

The Weasel

Mar 27, 2008, 8:48:18 AM3/27/08

Apples to oranges. Breaking and entering is a crime in my state, but
crossover voting is not.

> >Ohio's SoS, Democrat Jennifer Brunner, will not go forward on the
> >case.
>
> >"She told the (Cleveland) Plain Dealer tonight that she feared
> >treading on free-speech rights."
>
> >http://www.wtol.com/Global/story.asp?S=8069555
>
> >> --
>
> >> What do you call a Republican with a conscience?
>
> >> An ex-Republican.
>

> >>http://www.balloon-juice.com/?p=8827(FromYang, AthD (h.c)

4000 Dead

George Grapman

Mar 27, 2008, 10:10:07 AM3/27/08
Lying? this from a poster who repeatedly replies to requests to back
up his claims with links that never mention those claims.

The Weasel

Mar 27, 2008, 10:37:12 AM3/27/08

If you believe that it does, then try it for yourself.

The Weasel

Mar 27, 2008, 11:00:35 AM3/27/08

Really? I mentioned Limbaugh? Do cite.

> Instead, your knees jerk so far into your chins that it rattles your
> brain, and you see things that aren't there.

Great self-description. I didn't mention Limbaugh, I addressed your
point about the crime involves one person who votes when he
shouldn't.

> The "crime" is necessarily hypothetical at this point, isn't it, given
> that no one has even been charged with anything at this point.

And no one will. The state of Ohio is not stupid enough to get into
the business of voter intimidation and violating the US Constution.

> So put the knee back and re-read what I actually said, and not what
> you decided to read that wasn't there...

"This crime involves one person. Basically, a person showed up at the

polling place, that person voted when he shouldn't have,"

This is what I responded to. Did you notice that you were speaking of
an Ohio voter, not Limbaugh??

Ohio is an open primary state, i.e. your premise of a "person voted
when he shouldn't have" is false.

OGExtremeOne

Mar 27, 2008, 11:02:59 AM3/27/08
HE AIN'T BROKE SHIT LIAR

--

THE MORE YOU CAN GET *COLOREDS* TO READ, THE SOONER *THEY* FIND OUT
THAT *THEY*

What Is a "*black stupid Nigger*" ?
By *Dre Z.(dogg) Turdd*
http://hnn.us/articles/1221.html
OGExtr...@dizum.com

kingextreme1hnic.vcf

bval...@aol.com

Mar 27, 2008, 4:21:40 PM3/27/08
.
> Lying?>
.
Yes. You strongly implied that I accused you of using the word
"racist", "sexist", "homophobe" or "faggot", when I did no such thing.
.

> this from a poster who repeatedly replies to requests to back
> up his claims with links that never mention those claims.
.
Just where is that link which shows Rush demanding loyalty oaths?

George Grapman

Mar 27, 2008, 4:33:18 PM3/27/08

Show me where I implied that.