The Imminent Market Crash and Depressing Economic Collapse

R.A. Lewis

Jan 21, 2004, 4:55:45 PM1/21/04
Even during the "Great Depression" there were years that the stock
market made overall annual gains. Much like the market advances of
last year, this did not signify that the U.S. (or the rest of the
world) was out of the economic doldrums. Commodity prices and
unemployment rates remained high throughout the 1930's for the common
workingman who, incidentally, was only saved from the most basic
material plight thanks to WW2. Workers of industrialized nations
today cannot hope to be so lucky as to be saved by another world war
because the current economic conditions are far more bleak (and
warfare, for that matter, is far more unpleasant).
The stock market weakness of recent years is, however, really an
issue of only secondary importance. Although the market collapse
effected a broad section of the population, the average American is
now far more concerned about unemployment (and underemployment) which
seems to be higher than the official statistics suggest. Furthermore,
amidst this underemployment, the price of energy has increased to
uncomfortable levels. This increase in energy costs raises the price
of other basic commodities like food, electricity, and also the
transportation of everything that needs to be shipped. U.S. oil
reserves are at there lowest levels since 1975 -- a fact which is
certain to keep prices high. That the amount of easily extracted
petroleum is limited, and subject to socio-political influences, does
not suggest that there will be a pot of gold under the oil slick
rainbow. (Some interesting insights on the energy crisis can be found
at www.dieoff.com)
In addition to the energy crisis... the dollar is at its weakest
levels yet compared to the euro and other world currencies. Consumer
and national debt is at unprecedented levels -- as are bankruptcies
and foreclosures (despite the housing boom).
These latter facts in combination with the aforementioned energy
crisis will hurl the world into a deep depression. This will be a
greater depression than was experienced in the 1930's -- it will last
longer and cause hardship for more people. There will be no stopping
it's manifestation as it has already begun to manifest. All one can
do about it is get out of the way. And you'd better act fast... by
mid-year the stock markets will crash and the unemployment rate will

R.A. Lewis

Jan 31, 2004, 4:08:44 PM1/31/04
The "big 3" auto makers and the transportation indexes are poised to
crumble and will drag the rest of the markets, and the overall world
economy, down into the depression which I have described in my earlier
post.
Higher fuel prices will be a major factor, probably THE major
factor, but higher interest rates could certainly reduce the amount of
profits/sales made by the auto makers. Also, the underemployment
situation which I wrote of (and the fear of underemployment) will not
inspire consumers to make big ticket purchases with long-term loans
(to say nothing of leases). And again, fuel costs factor in here
because people will not want to buy the gas-guzzlers which make the
biggest profits for the auto industry.
Do not underestimate the central role which the auto industry
plays in the American/world economy or it's connection with the
petroleum industry (which plays an even more central role). The
downward spiral for these industries has already begun and the
negative feedback loop will not stop till it reaches the bottom of the
economic pit.

George Leroy Tyrebiter Jr.

Jan 31, 2004, 11:32:25 PM1/31/04
On 31 Jan 2004 13:08:44 -0800, ral...@yahoo.com (R.A. Lewis) wrote:

>The "big 3" auto makers and the transportation indexes are poised to
>crumble and will drag the rest of the markets, and the overall world
>economy, down into the depression which I have described in my earlier
>post.

Odd you're smarter about this than all those brilliant and experienced
insiders on Wall Street, who actually talk to GM executives, who
actually know the implications for profits of all these factors.

Why don't they share your insights and sell GM down to the point of a
fair price? Why are they letting all those easy profits go to someone
else?.

> Higher fuel prices will be a major factor, probably THE major
>factor, but higher interest rates could certainly reduce the amount of
>profits/sales made by the auto makers. Also, the underemployment
>situation which I wrote of (and the fear of underemployment) will not
>inspire consumers to make big ticket purchases with long-term loans
>(to say nothing of leases). And again, fuel costs factor in here
>because people will not want to buy the gas-guzzlers which make the
>biggest profits for the auto industry.
> Do not underestimate the central role which the auto industry
>plays in the American/world economy or it's connection with the
>petroleum industry (which plays an even more central role). The
>downward spiral for these industries has already begun and the
>negative feedback loop will not stop till it reaches the bottom of the
>economic pit.

The evidence from past stock movements suggests that basically no one
is reliable in predictions such as yours.

Fortune telling is not a widely respected profession.

R.A. Lewis

Feb 2, 2004, 4:14:12 PM2/2/04
That first line of yours seemed sarcastic when you wrote of "brilliant
and experienced insiders on Wall Street," but it's not odd that anyone
should notice or report what's actually happening with the markets.
If you want to trust those insiders go ahead, but wasn't it Grubman
(the highest paid market analyst EVER) who kept telling people to buy
Worldcom until it was all but worthless. Anyway, much of the
information available to them is also available to us and it doesn't
surprise me at all when the larger portion of those educated lemmings
follow the party-line right off the cliff (The Olduvai Gorge). Maybe
they are too close to the action and maybe they want to believe that
their unsustainable forecasts will hold true indefinitely.
Anyway, who says that insiders don't share my view? There has been a
lot of insider selling in the markets lately and probably a bit of
short selling. You're familiar with those concepts, aren't you?

George Leroy Tyrebiter Jr. <gl...@cmhs.edu> wrote in message news:<e40p1099mj0f1u2qj...@4ax.com>...

> Odd you're smarter about this than all those brilliant and experienced
> insiders on Wall Street, who actually talk to GM executives, who
> actually know the implications for profits of all these factors.
>
> Why don't they share your insights and sell GM down to the point of a
> fair price? Why are they letting all those easy profits go to someone
> else?.
>

> Fortune telling is not a widely respected profession.

Once again I'll mention Jack Grubman and I'll also point to tulips and
the dotcom bubble.

R.A. Lewis

Feb 2, 2004, 4:18:40 PM2/2/04
That first line of yours seemed sarcastic when you wrote of "brilliant
and experienced insiders on Wall Street," but it's not odd that anyone
should notice or report what's actually happening with the markets.
If you want to trust those insiders go ahead, but wasn't it Grubman
(the highest paid market analyst EVER) who kept telling people to buy
Worldcom until it was all but worthless. Anyway, much of the
information available to them is also available to us and it doesn't
surprise me at all when the larger portion of those educated lemmings
follow the party-line right off the cliff (The Olduvai Gorge). Maybe
they are too close to the action and maybe they want to believe that
their unsustainable forecasts will hold true indefinitely.
Anyway, who says that insiders don't share my view? There has been a
lot of insider selling in the markets lately and probably a bit of
short selling. You're familiar with those concepts, aren't you?

George Leroy Tyrebiter Jr. <gl...@cmhs.edu> wrote in message news:<e40p1099mj0f1u2qj...@4ax.com>...

> Odd you're smarter about this than all those brilliant and experienced

> insiders on Wall Street, who actually talk to GM executives, who
> actually know the implications for profits of all these factors.
>
> Why don't they share your insights and sell GM down to the point of a
> fair price? Why are they letting all those easy profits go to someone
> else?.
>

> Fortune telling is not a widely respected profession.

Once again I'll mention Jack Grubman and I'll also point to tulips and
the dotcom bubble.

R.A. Lewis

Feb 2, 2004, 4:22:35 PM2/2/04
That first line of yours seemed sarcastic when you wrote of "brilliant
and experienced insiders on Wall Street," but it's not odd that anyone
should notice or report what's actually happening with the markets.
If you want to trust those insiders go ahead, but wasn't it Grubman
(the highest paid market analyst EVER) who kept telling people to buy
Worldcom until it was all but worthless. Anyway, much of the
information available to them is also available to us and it doesn't
surprise me at all when the larger portion of those educated lemmings
follow the party-line right off the cliff (The Olduvai Gorge). Maybe
they are too close to the action and maybe they want to believe that
their unsustainable forecasts will hold true indefinitely.
Anyway, who says that insiders don't share my view? There has been a
lot of insider selling in the markets lately and probably a bit of
short selling. You're familiar with those concepts, aren't you?

George Leroy Tyrebiter Jr. <gl...@cmhs.edu> wrote in message news:<e40p1099mj0f1u2qj...@4ax.com>...

> Odd you're smarter about this than all those brilliant and experienced

> insiders on Wall Street, who actually talk to GM executives, who
> actually know the implications for profits of all these factors.
>
> Why don't they share your insights and sell GM down to the point of a
> fair price? Why are they letting all those easy profits go to someone
> else?.
>

> Fortune telling is not a widely respected profession.

Once again I'll mention Jack Grubman and I'll also point to tulips and
the dotcom bubble.

R.A. Lewis

Feb 2, 2004, 4:23:58 PM2/2/04
That first line of yours seemed sarcastic when you wrote of "brilliant
and experienced insiders on Wall Street," but it's not odd that anyone
should notice or report what's actually happening with the markets.
If you want to trust those insiders go ahead, but wasn't it Grubman
(the highest paid market analyst EVER) who kept telling people to buy
Worldcom until it was all but worthless. Anyway, much of the
information available to them is also available to us and it doesn't
surprise me at all when the larger portion of those educated lemmings
follow the party-line right off the cliff (The Olduvai Gorge). Maybe
they are too close to the action and maybe they want to believe that
their unsustainable forecasts will hold true indefinitely.
Anyway, who says that insiders don't share my view? There has been a
lot of insider selling in the markets lately and probably a bit of
short selling. You're familiar with those concepts, aren't you?

George Leroy Tyrebiter Jr. <gl...@cmhs.edu> wrote in message news:<e40p1099mj0f1u2qj...@4ax.com>...

> Odd you're smarter about this than all those brilliant and experienced

> insiders on Wall Street, who actually talk to GM executives, who
> actually know the implications for profits of all these factors.
>
> Why don't they share your insights and sell GM down to the point of a
> fair price? Why are they letting all those easy profits go to someone
> else?.
>

> Fortune telling is not a widely respected profession.

Once again I'll mention Jack Grubman and I'll also point to tulips and
the dotcom bubble.

R.A. Lewis

Feb 3, 2004, 9:13:44 PM2/3/04
Sorry for the the multi-post, Im a newbie.

R.A. Lewis

Feb 3, 2004, 9:31:04 PM2/3/04
Newbie or not, this link might prove interesting in regards to the
attached message. http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGAKPA6P8QD.html

bearded hippy Kerry

Feb 11, 2004, 9:24:43 AM2/11/04

> > Why are you so convinced that the correction/crash will wait until
> > after the election for these things.
>
> Because Bush will resort to having the Army throw hundred dollar bills
> out of helicopters if that's what it takes to keep the market going.

What would Kerry do to "keep the economy going", other than to raise the tax
burden on the American Worker? Does Kerry not have ANY plans of his own?
You make Kerry sound like such an incompetant, mindless, directionless oaf!

America

Feb 11, 2004, 9:41:51 AM2/11/04
Impaired bushcultie wrote:

>What would Kerry do to "keep the economy going"...

Replacing Bad News Bush would be enough.

R.A. Lewis

Feb 11, 2004, 2:48:20 PM2/11/04
"bearded hippy Kerry" <MoneyTalk...@Heinz.com> wrote in message news:<LWqWb.5777$jk2.20560@attbi_s53>...

> "Mark" <mma...@my-deja.com> wrote in message
>
> What would Kerry do to "keep the economy going", other than to raise the tax
> burden on the American Worker? Does Kerry not have ANY plans of his own?
> You make Kerry sound like such an incompetant, mindless, directionless oaf!

Actually, he's just another corrupt politician.
Imagine that.