Amid Death Threats, Finger Pointed At GOP Leadership

Harry Hope

Mar 24, 2010, 6:36:38 PM3/24/10

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/03/amid-death-threats-dem-rep-dreihaus-points-the-finger-at-gop-leadership.php?ref=fpb

March 24, 2010

Amid Death Threats, Dem Rep Driehaus Points The Finger At GOP
Leadership

By Brian Beutler

In the wake of the passage of the health care bill, Democratic members
of Congress are receiving death threats and implicit threats against
their families.

One of those members--pro-life Rep. Steve Driehaus (D-OH) who voted
for final passage--has had to deal with more than his fair share.

Last week, the anti-reform advocacy group the Committee to Rethink
Reform published an ad in The Cincinnati Enquirer featuring a photo of
Dreihaus with his children.

(Both the Committee and the Enquirer have retracted and apologized for
the ad.)

Now, conservatives are planning a Sunday protest outside of his house,
after a conservative blog put his address--complete with
directions--on the Internet.

Speaking to me and another reporter outside the House chamber this
afternoon, Driehaus said Republican leaders are to blame for the
vitriol--and implied that they will bear some responsibility if reform
opponents' anger bubbles over into violence.

"I think if you look at some of the language that has been used by
leaders on the Republican side, one shouldn't be surprised," Driehaus
said.

"Unfortunately many of us are now receiving threats, death threats."

There has been some violence bubbling up already.

We reported yesterday that vandals had smashed doors and windows at
five Democratic offices around the country in the days surrounding the
landmark House health care vote Sunday night.

"These comments that have been made by Republican leaders can serve
as--I don't know if I want to say an excuse or perhaps permission for
people who may be unbalanced, who may be calling with these threats,"
Driehaus added.

Driehaus, a vulnerable member whose district includes part of
Cincinnati, took explicit issue with House Minority Leader John
Boehner, who represents a neighboring district.

In an interview with National Review Boehner intoned that, if he voted
for the bill, Driehaus would be a "dead man."

Boehner was talking politics, but for Driehaus, it's become all too
real.

"I think it's really important for folks around here, especially
leader Boehner, to understand that his words have consequences,"
Driehaus said.

"Leader Boehner suggested that if I vote yes on this bill and go home
to the west side of Cincinnati, that I could be a dead man.... It
really calls into question his ability to lead. He should be a
statesman."

Driehaus confronted Boehner about the interview on the floor of the
House.

"I told him it was inexcusable," Driehaus said.

"It doesn't really matter the way you meant it, nor the way I accept
it. It's how the least sane person in my district accepts it."

Republicans' hardline anti-reform rhetoric is changing in the days
after reform. But for Driehaus, the damage has already been done.

"They are tacitly endorsing the inappropriate behavior and trying to
use it to their political gain," Driehaus said.

"And they're willing, apparently, to put members families at risk in
order to do so."

Harry

Ramon F Herrera

Mar 24, 2010, 6:41:54 PM3/24/10
On Mar 24, 5:36 pm, Harry Hope <riv...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/03/amid-death-threats-dem-rep...

House Democrats report increased threats since health care vote

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/03/24/congress.threats

I take the whole thing in a stride, philosophically. All we are
witnessing is the last stertors of conservatism as our parents knew
it...

-Ramon

Tab182

Mar 24, 2010, 7:10:41 PM3/24/10

Repulickcans are now on the same level as TERRORISTS!

Clairbear

Mar 24, 2010, 7:08:46 PM3/24/10
Ramon F Herrera <gopo...@jonjay.com> wrote in news:774353a6-97a3-432c-
b6e5-2b0...@k13g2000yqe.googlegroups.com:

Death threats over the votes for the Obamacare bill are not the fault of
the GOP And while I do not agree with their vote anyone making these
threats should be arrested and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the
law. I hope that votes will put them out on the street in November and
none of these death threat loon take it on themselves to harm to idiots
who voted for a bad bill.

Sid9

Mar 24, 2010, 7:31:10 PM3/24/10

"Ramon F Herrera" <gopo...@jonjay.com> wrote in message
.
.
It's time for leaders of the Republican Party to speak out forcefully
against these threats of violence.

Their silence is assent to threats of violence.

Killing, Inc.

Mar 24, 2010, 7:48:35 PM3/24/10

You had no problem with violence and threats when you leftist traitors
were doing it for 6 years, and you were nothing but a tiny minority
then. Now you've pissed off a much larger part of America.
You can now reap what you've sown.
Suck it up and take it, like you had us do.

Democrats and other "progressive" fascists are still the dumbest
animals on the planet.

Message has been deleted

Bret Cahill

Mar 25, 2010, 12:56:00 AM3/25/10
> http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/03/amid-death-threats-dem-rep...

The NRA has been selling the 2nd Amendment as an induhvidualist
"pocket veto" check on federal power.

Bret Cahill

Monsieur Turtoni

Mar 25, 2010, 1:06:38 AM3/25/10
On Mar 25, 12:56 am, Bret Cahill <BretCah...@peoplepc.com> wrote:
(snip)

You write like a thug everyday by imitating thugs. What's up with that?

duckstandard

Mar 25, 2010, 1:13:36 AM3/25/10

China Blue Bloods wrote:
> In article <1c732a1c-d809-4493...@r1g2000yqj.googlegroups.com>,

> Again. Look at what they were saying from 1993 to 2000.

They thought it was their duty to taxpayers to fight Democrats efforts
to fight terrorism under Clinton in congress. They needed 'their' pork
incentives to 'allow' to pass, what efforts that they severely limited
in the first place.

Then immediately after Bush took office Bush and the Republicans
dismantled the Democrats terrorism fighting efforts, which of this
targeted BinLaden and funds surrounding him and other groups.

Like this, cater to the Republican party or they get all terrorist on
the country they claim Democrats hate.

Message has been deleted

Bret Cahill

Mar 25, 2010, 10:46:24 AM3/25/10

When you "git pushed too far" you just shoot them evil Feds.

Bret Cahill

John Jones

Mar 25, 2010, 10:58:21 AM3/25/10

Bret Cahill

Mar 25, 2010, 11:15:23 AM3/25/10

You have a constitutional right to shoot anyone you don't like.

Bret Cahill

Monsieur Turtoni

Mar 25, 2010, 12:21:42 PM3/25/10

Bret Cahill

Mar 25, 2010, 1:52:42 PM3/25/10

> > You write like a thug everyday by imitating thugs. What's up with that?
>
> You write lige a slug, well maybe a snail.

Rightarded winger dingers certainly try to censor reality:

Beam Me Up Scotty

Mar 25, 2010, 10:22:02 PM3/25/10
On 3/25/2010 2:07 AM, China Blue Bloods wrote:
> In article <93e07598-2832-4b20...@k17g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>,

> duckstandard <duck...@lavabit.com> wrote:
>
>> China Blue Bloods wrote:
>>> In article
>>> <1c732a1c-d809-4493...@r1g2000yqj.googlegroups.com>,
>>> Tab182 <taberna...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>
> Republicans played to domestic terrorists, the freemen, neonazis, militias,
> aryans, and all the rest of that crowd. Now they're playing to them again.

Do you mean people like Bill Ayers?
Message has been deleted

Beam Me Up Scotty

Mar 25, 2010, 10:34:20 PM3/25/10
On 3/25/2010 12:06 AM, China Blue Bloods wrote:
> In article <1c732a1c-d809-4493...@r1g2000yqj.googlegroups.com>,
> Tab182 <taberna...@hotmail.com> wrote:

While Democrats are the terrorists like Bill Ayers?

So they are all on the level of working with Obama?

Patriot Games

Mar 26, 2010, 8:35:32 AM3/26/10
On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 10:52:42 -0700 (PDT), Bret Cahill
<Bret_E...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>Rightarded winger dingers certainly try to censor reality:

Liars are Exposed:

On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 22:24:14 -0700 (PDT), Bret Cahill
<BretC...@aol.com> wrote:
>The Gipster... ...as crime increased by double digits every year.

Liar: Crime NEVER increased by "double digits" ANY year.

Reagan - January 20, 1981 – January 20, 1989
Year; Total Crime; Change

1981 13,423,800
1982 12,974,400 -3.3%
1983 12,108,600 -6.7%
1984 11,881,800 -1.9%
1985 12,431,400 4.6%
1986 13,211,869 6.3%
1987 13,508,700 2.2%
1988 13,923,100 3.1%
1989 14,251,400 2.3%
http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/uscrime.htm

>Bill Clinton... violent crime drop by double digits every year.

Liar: Crime NEVER dropped by "double digits" ANY year.

Clinton - January 20, 1993 – January 20, 2001
Year; Total Crime; Change

1993 14,144,800
1994 13,989,500 -1.1%
1995 13,862,700 -1.0%
1996 13,493,863 -2.7%
1997 13,194,571 -2.2%
1998 12,475,634 -5.4%
1999 11,634,378 -6.7%
2000 11,608,072 -0.2%
2001 11,876,669 2.3%
http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/uscrime.htm

Liar: Violent Crime NEVER dropped by "double digits" ANY year.

Year; Violent Crime; Change
1993 1,926,020
1994 1,857,670 -3.5%
1995 1,798,790 -3.2%
1996 1,688,540 -6.1%
1997 1,634,770 -3.2%
1998 1,531,044 -6.3%
1999 1,426,044 -6.8%
2000 1,425,486 -0.0%
2001 1,439,480 1.0%
http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/uscrime.htm

>W. Bush... ...violent crime once again started to spiral.

Liar: Crime NEVER 'spiraled.'

Bush - January 20, 2001 – January 20, 2009
Year; Total Crime; Change

2001 11,876,669
2002 11,878,954 0.0%
2003 11,826,538 -0.4%
2004 11,679,474 -1.2%
2005 11,565,499 -0.9%
2006 11,401,511 -1.4%
2007 11,251,828 -1.3%
http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/uscrime.htm

Liar: Violent Crime NEVER 'spiraled.'

Year; Violent Crime; Change
2001 1,439,480
2002 1,423,677 -1.1%
2003 1,383,676 -2.8%
2004 1,360,088 -1.7%
2005 1,390,745 2.2%
2006 1,418,043 1.9%
2007 1,408,337 -0.7%
http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/uscrime.htm

=== Update ==============================

On Tue, 2 Jun 2009 22:06:55 -0700 (PDT), Bret Cahill
<BretC...@peoplepc.com> wrote:
>On Jun 2, 10:15 am, Patriot Games <Patr...@America.Com> wrote:
>> Liar: Crime NEVER increased by "double digits" ANY year.
>But as the figures below show, it's close enough.

Thanks for admitting YOU INTENTIONALLY LIED.

=============================

Each time I concentrate on exposing your lying the affect is the same:

2008 Mar: 504
2008 Apr: 284 -44%
2008 May: 345
2008 Jun: 602
2008 Jul: 894
2008 Aug: 742
2008 Sep: 130 -82%
2008 Oct: 345
2008 Nov: 131 -62%
2008 Dec: 404
2009 Jan: 448
2009 Feb: 673
2009 Mar: 321 -52%
2009 Apr: 63 -80%
2009 May: 390

Which leads me to conclude that your LYING needs to be EXPOSED EVERY
DAY...

Bret Cahill

Mar 26, 2010, 11:17:24 AM3/26/10
> >Rightarded winger dingers certainly try to censor reality:
>
> Liars are Exposed:

That's why the Repugliar Party is out of power.

Repugliars told too many lies and no one believes you anymore.

Anyway you keep dodging the question:

Can you beat out David Duke to be the EmCee at the 2012 GOP Nat'l
Convention cross burning?

Bret Cahill

Patriot Games

Mar 26, 2010, 5:49:16 PM3/26/10

Sucks to be you....

Monsieur Turtoni

Apr 15, 2010, 8:37:48 PM4/15/10
On Mar 26, 11:17 am, Bret Cahill <Bret_E_Cah...@yahoo.com> wrote:
(snip)

People think your constantly cross-posting spamming of usenet is
thuggery.
People think your name calling is thuggery.
People think you are a thug because you're a thug.
All you have is hate speech aka thug.
HTH.

Akira Bergman

Apr 15, 2010, 9:51:39 PM4/15/10

He probably works for the same crowd that he seems to despise so much,
since his methods result in the jamming, confusion and damage of the
NG. I would say he and his opposition are playing a well known
military game. He carries a false flag. The web is full of these
mercenaries playing with the future of humanity. Brave soldiers.

He could also be just deranged.

Bret Cahill

Apr 15, 2010, 10:09:06 PM4/15/10
> > People think your constantly cross-posting spamming of usenet is
> > thuggery.
> > People think your name calling is thuggery.
> > People think you are a thug because you're a thug.
> > All you have is hate speech aka thug.
> > HTH.
>
> He probably works for the same crowd that he seems to despise so much,

Everything I do is pro bono as even being alive represents a conflict
of interest to a philosopher of my caliber.

> since his methods result in the jamming, confusion and damage of the
> NG.

I took a dopey newsgroup out of the chatter boxer backwater and turned
it into the world class thought provoking forum that is the envy of
newsgroups.

Bret Cahill

Akira Bergman

Apr 15, 2010, 10:16:59 PM4/15/10

The quick response is an indication of your concern for your cover
being blown up.

What you are doing is ugly and it can do no good for any party except
the people you work for; you are a MIC shill. You have nothing to do
with philosophy and everything to do with the military tactics.

May beauty be your captured and lost soul's guide.

Monsieur Turtoni

Apr 16, 2010, 12:24:04 AM4/16/10
(snip)

> I took a dopey newsgroup out of the chatter boxer backwater and turned
> it into the world class thought provoking forum that is the envy of
> newsgroups.
>
> Bret Cahill
(snip)

>> Akira Bergman:

>> "He could also be just deranged."

Yes. Deranged. Deluded. ill.

Bret Cahill

Apr 16, 2010, 12:59:28 PM4/16/10

> > > He probably works for the same crowd that he seems to despise so much,
>
> > Everything I do is pro bono as even being alive represents a conflict
> > of interest to a philosopher of my caliber.
>
> > > since his methods result in the jamming, confusion and damage of the
> > > NG.
>
> > I took a dopey newsgroup out of the chatter boxer backwater and turned
> > it into the world class thought provoking forum that is the envy of
> > newsgroups.

> The quick response is an indication of your concern for your cover
> being blown up.

More likely it indicates I can think up some pretty funny jokes on
short notice.

Of course rightards aren't bright enough to have a sense of humor.

Google _Das KapitalOne_ where rightard after rightard thought the
Federalist # 10 was written by Karl Marx.

Bret Cahill

John Jones

Apr 16, 2010, 6:12:12 PM4/16/10

John Jones