Lying Bastard Bush May Already Know ID of Anthrax Mailer

1 view

Gandalf Grey

Feb 19, 2002, 3:25:50 PM2/19/02
http://www.nj.com/mercer/times/index.ssf?/mercer/times/02-19-IZAR1IUB.html

Expert: Anthrax suspect ID'd

02/19/02

By JOSEPH DEE
Staff Writer

PRINCETON BOROUGH -- An advocate for the control of biological weapons who
has been gathering information about last autumn's anthrax attacks said
yesterday the Federal Bureau of Investigation has a strong hunch about who
mailed the deadly letters.

But the FBI might be "dragging its feet" in pressing charges because the
suspect is a former government scientist familiar with "secret activities
that the government would not like to see disclosed," said Barbara Hatch
Rosenberg, director of the Federation of American Scientists' Chemical and
Biological Weapons Program.

Rosenberg, who spoke to about 65 students, faculty members and others at the
Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs at Princeton
University, said the FBI has known of the suspect since October and,
according to her "government insider" sources, has interrogated him more
than once.

The investigation into five anthrax-laced letters and several other hoax
letters -- all mailed last fall, including several processed by Trenton Main
Post Office in Hamilton -- was the focus of Rosenberg's talk. She also gave
her thoughts about what the government should do to control biological
weapons.

"There are a number of insiders -- government insiders -- who know people in
the anthrax field who have a common suspect," Rosenberg said. "The FBI has
questioned that person more than once, . . . so it looks as though the FBI
is taking that person very seriously."

She said it is quite possible the suspect is a scientist who formerly worked
at the U.S. government's military laboratory at Fort Detrick, Md.

Rosenberg said she has been gathering information from press reports,
congressional hearings, Bush administration news conferences and government
insiders she would not name.

During a brief question-and-answer session after her talk, one man wondered
whether biological agents truly pose significant dangers to the public,
given the limited number of deaths and illnesses caused by five
anthrax-laced letters.

Without mentioning other biological agents that are far more deadly and
contagious than anthrax, Rosenberg said the potential for a biological
attack is "catastrophic."

Another man wondered if the FBI and other investigators might be focusing
too narrowly on one scientist, saying, "New Jersey is the epicenter of the
international pharmaceutical industry," and many people in those labs
presumably have the skills to handle and refine anthrax.

"I think your argument would have been a good one earlier on, but I think
that the results of the analyses (of the letters and the anthrax in them)
show that access to classified information was essential," Rosenberg said.
"And that rules out most of the people in the pharmaceutical industry. . . .
It's possible, but they would have had to have access to the information,"
Rosenberg said.

Picking up the conversational thread, another man said, "People know a lot,
and it's a question of what they choose to focus their knowledge on. Things
are invented in parallel," he said.

-- -- --

She said the evidence points to a person who has experience handling
anthrax; who has been vaccinated and has received annual booster shots; and
who had access to classified government information about how to chemically
treat the bacterial spores to keep them from clumping together, which allows
them to remain airborne.

"We can draw a likely portrait of the perpetrator as a former Fort Detrick
scientist who is now working for a contractor in the Washington, D.C.,
area," Rosenberg said. "He had reason for travel to Florida, New Jersey and
the United Kingdom. . . . There is also the likelihood the perpetrator made
the anthrax himself. He grew it, probably on a solid medium and weaponized
it at a private location where he had accumulated the equipment and the
material.

"We know that the FBI is looking at this person, and it's likely that he
participated in the past in secret activities that the government would not
like to see disclosed," Rosenberg said. "And this raises the question of
whether the FBI may be dragging its feet somewhat and may not be so anxious
to bring to public light the person who did this.

"I know that there are insiders, working for the government, who know this
person and who are worried that it could happen that some kind of quiet deal
is made that he just disappears from view," Rosenberg said.

"This, I think, would be a really serious outcome that would send a message
to other potential terrorists, that (they) would think they could get away
with it.

"So I hope that doesn't happen, and that is my motivation to continue to
follow this and to try to encourage press coverage and pressure on the FBI
to follow up and publicly prosecute the perpetrator."

-- -- --

She expressed disappointment that the U.S. government last July decided
against signing an international biological weapons treaty that would ban
nations from developing such weapons.

"It became clear from congressional testimony that the reason for this
rejection was the need to protect our secret projects," Rosenberg said.

During the question-and-answer period, one woman said, "I'm not sure that I
understood you completely, but it seems to me that the United States
government has a double-standard," of wanting other nations to comply with a
weapons ban but wanting freedom to pursue its own program.

"I'm totally shocked by this information," she said, sending a wave of
laughter through the lecture hall.

"They make no bones about it," Rosenberg replied. "On many occasions they've
argued that rules should be for the bad guys, not the good guys."

Rosenberg said she worries about an "enormous increase" in money in the Bush
budget for research into bioterrorism agents. "There is already a rush for
this funding," she said.

The number of researchers and labs ought to be tightly controlled, she said.
Under the current budget proposal, however, she says the government will be
spreading money around to "a lot more people and a lot more laboratories
around the country from which bioterrorists can emerge, as one just did.

"By spreading around this access and this knowledge, we're asking for
trouble.'

'

--
FAIR USE NOTICE: This post contains copyrighted material the use of which
has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. I am

"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so
long as I'm the dictator." - GW Bush 12/18/2000.

"This is not a monarchy.... We've got a dictatorial President and a Justice
Department that does not want Congress involved.... Your guy's acting like
he's king."
--Congressman Dan Burton, referring to George W. Bush

"It's more difficult to seem bipartisan after the Daschle memo."
---Frank Luntz: GOP pollster and propaganda producer

Bert Hyman

Feb 19, 2002, 3:33:18 PM2/19/02
ganda...@infectedmail.com (Gandalf Grey) wrote in

> strong hunch ... might be "dragging its feet"...
> "government insider" sources... it looks as though ... quite
> possible ...

Wow! Sounds like an open and shut case!

--
Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN | be...@visi.com

Jeffrey Davis

Feb 19, 2002, 3:50:57 PM2/19/02

Bert Hyman wrote:

> ganda...@infectedmail.com (Gandalf Grey) wrote in
>
> > strong hunch ... might be "dragging its feet"...
> > "government insider" sources... it looks as though ... quite
> > possible ...
>
> Wow! Sounds like an open and shut case!

It sounds like she wasn't simply describing a possibility.
It sounds like she knows a specific person and just wants
someone else to be the first to say it. Given her reticence
a) she doesn't know what she's talking about or b) she's
knows what she's talking about or c) she's got a grudege
against a specific worker at Ft. Dietrich.

--
Jeffrey Davis <res0...@verizon.net>
You know, aside from the fact that I'll never again

Captain Compassion

Feb 19, 2002, 4:11:23 PM2/19/02
On Tue, 19 Feb 2002 20:50:57 GMT, Jeffrey Davis <res0...@verizon.net>
wrote:

>Bert Hyman wrote:
>>
>> ganda...@infectedmail.com (Gandalf Grey) wrote in
>>
>> > strong hunch ... might be "dragging its feet"...
>> > "government insider" sources... it looks as though ... quite
>> > possible ...
>>
>> Wow! Sounds like an open and shut case!
>
>It sounds like she wasn't simply describing a possibility.
>It sounds like she knows a specific person and just wants
>someone else to be the first to say it. Given her reticence
>a) she doesn't know what she's talking about or b) she's
>knows what she's talking about or c) she's got a grudege
>against a specific worker at Ft. Dietrich.

Well she should go public with the name. Or maybe she can E-mail it to
me and I'll split the $5,000,000 reward with her.

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who
deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of
minorities." (Ayn Rand)

"In the end they will lay their freedom at our feet and say to us,
'Make us your slaves, but feed us.'" -- Dosteovsky

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one:
"O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it.
--Voltaire

"You can never really own more than you can carry with two hands while
running at full speed." -- Robert A. Heinlein

Joseph R. Darancette
res0...@NOSPAMverizon.net

peab...@peaboy.com

Feb 19, 2002, 4:08:04 PM2/19/02
On Tue, 19 Feb 2002 20:33:18 +0000 (UTC), Bert Hyman <be...@visi.com>
wrote like a right wing nut;
>ganda...@infectedmail.com (Gandalf Grey) wrote in
>
>> strong hunch ... might be "dragging its feet"...
>> "government insider" sources... it looks as though ... quite
>> possible ...
>
>Wow! Sounds like an open and shut case!

Hey Hymen, if it was good enough for conservatives to get clinton, why
not now.

Are you a fuckwit hypocrite?

Poor, pathetic, DIMWIT DANA, blusterers thusly:

IT PROVES YOU ARE A HYPOCRITE.

Hey ASSHOLE no one but you cares about this,
but it does show you are a hypocritical LOON.

Come on Roseasshole tell us what town you live in,
or are you to chicken to fight.

I am in Phoenix, and my number is listed,
come on chicken man, make your hat.

Harold

Feb 19, 2002, 4:53:03 PM2/19/02
On Tue, 19 Feb 2002 21:08:04 GMT, peab...@peaboy.com wrote:

>On Tue, 19 Feb 2002 20:33:18 +0000 (UTC), Bert Hyman <be...@visi.com>
>wrote like a right wing nut;
>>ganda...@infectedmail.com (Gandalf Grey) wrote in
>>
>>> strong hunch ... might be "dragging its feet"...
>>> "government insider" sources... it looks as though ... quite
>>> possible ...
>>
>>Wow! Sounds like an open and shut case!
>
>Hey Hymen, if it was good enough for conservatives to get clinton, why
>not now.
>
>Are you a fuckwit hypocrite?

No. We listened to Clinton and we judged him ourselves.

By the way, your self identification is quite appropriate. Good
choice.

[deleted]

Regards, Harold (Capitalist Pig)
----
"Our flag ... has gathered and stored chiefly this supreme idea:
divine right of liberty in man. Every color means liberty; every
thread means liberty; every form of star and beam or stripe of
light means liberty - not lawlessness, but organized, institutional
liberty - liberty through law. ... Not an atom of crown was allowed
to go into its insignia. Not a symbol of authority in the ruler was
permitted to go into it. It was an ordinance of liberty by the people,
for the people. That it meant, that it means and, by the blessing
of God, that it shall mean to the end of time!"
----Henry Ward Beecher

-----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! ==-----

Gandalf Grey

Feb 19, 2002, 5:19:59 PM2/19/02

"Harold" <haroldb...@delete.yahoo.com> wrote in message

> On Tue, 19 Feb 2002 21:08:04 GMT, peab...@peaboy.com wrote:
>
> >On Tue, 19 Feb 2002 20:33:18 +0000 (UTC), Bert Hyman <be...@visi.com>
> >wrote like a right wing nut;
> >>ganda...@infectedmail.com (Gandalf Grey) wrote in

> >>Wow! Sounds like an open and shut case!
> >
> >Hey Hymen, if it was good enough for conservatives to get clinton, why
> >not now.
> >
> >Are you a fuckwit hypocrite?
>
> No. We listened to Clinton and we judged him ourselves.

And we're listening to that lying bastard Bush and judging him ourselves.

peab...@peaboy.com

Feb 19, 2002, 5:30:05 PM2/19/02
On Tue, 19 Feb 2002 15:53:03 -0600, Harold
<haroldb...@delete.yahoo.com> wrote like a right wing nut;
>On Tue, 19 Feb 2002 21:08:04 GMT, peab...@peaboy.com wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 19 Feb 2002 20:33:18 +0000 (UTC), Bert Hyman <be...@visi.com>
>>wrote like a right wing nut;
>>>ganda...@infectedmail.com (Gandalf Grey) wrote in

>>>Wow! Sounds like an open and shut case!
>>
>>Hey Hymen, if it was good enough for conservatives to get clinton, why
>>not now.
>>
>>Are you a fuckwit hypocrite?
>
>No. We listened to Clinton and we judged him ourselves.

No, you didn't

You listened to ass-kicked conservatives Desperate for anything to
keep pressure off them. The worst example of unethical, immoral,
unChristian-like behavior in American Political history

I don't have any idea who 'we" are, in your context, because nearly
80% of REAL americans supported him during the conservative smears and
sham impeachment.

Is there something about "at" (@) that confuses you?

> [...]
>Daniel Ortega in Nicaragua led to subsidizing of
>proxy mass murder of thousands of innocents there
>by Contra terrorists. Later came the Iran-Contra
>scandal, the usurpations of presidential powers
>>by Oliver North and the selling of armaments for
> American hostages in Lebanon, impeachable offenses
>in a non-teflon presidency.
>
>A similar moral famine affected Reagan when he
>declared that the only alternative in the Philippines to
>Ferdinand Marcos' reign of terror and murder
> (he did not characterize it as such) was a communist
>dictatorship. The peaceful revolution led by the admirable
>Benigno Aquino's widow Corazon - whose husband
>was murdered in a public spectacle by Marcos's
>henchmen - belied Reagan's denial of a democratic movement.
> Reagan was perfectly willing to keep anti-communist
>murderers like Marcos in Power.
>
>Although Elie Wiesel importuned him to shun a Nazi cemetery
>at Bitburg at the request of Michael Deaver and Helmut
> Kohl, President Reagan went and gave a ludicrous speech.
> He exculpated the entire German nation for its barbarity,
>persecution, genocide and war save "one man" he held
>responsible. Certainly there was a better way to honor
>Germany's decades of dedication to Democracy in the
>wake of World War II.
>
>The Reagan Administration supported Saddam Hussein
>when Iraq invaded America's nemesis Iran, in his eight year war. It
>led to the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait, the Persian Gulf War and the
>present threat of chemical and biological warfare.

>Also deleted from Reagan's revisionism is his sending of 230
>Marines to their easily avoidable death in what then Senator
>Sam Nunn, D-Ga. called "Mission Impossible" in Lebanon.
>The same security measures employed by embassies and
>banks throughout the world would have prevented the
> bombing of the Marine barracks in Beirut.
>
>Reagan's me culpa after the bombing was bought by
>an American electorate that could never impute anything
>but the noblest motives to the "Gipper" and could forgive
>him almost everything.
>
>As George Clemenceau might conclude, history is
> too serious a matter to be left to editorial writers and
>columnists. Give Ronald Reagan his due, his leadership
>of the "revolution" that bears his name. It culminated in
> Republican control of Congress for the first time in
> 40 years in 1994. And give him credit for the energy
> that contributed to - but was far from solely responsible
>fro - the dissolution of the Soviet Union's hegemony.
>
>Extol his B-movie actor's ability to memorize his lines
>and deliver them with presidential credibility.
>
>Like him for his affability and personal charm.
>
>But remember and recognize that he was a shallow
>and shameless president who exploited a nation's
>need for shallow answers to profound and protracted
>problems.
>
>History must not permit him to "go gently into that good
>night" unscathed by scandal, imperverious to imperfections

CLINTON Legacy Going Down Like the TITANIC

Feb 19, 2002, 5:39:40 PM2/19/02
Yeah it you and the FBI will be knocking on your door soon. Hurry up and
hide before you become someones cell bitch !

peab...@peaboy.com

Feb 19, 2002, 5:43:25 PM2/19/02
On Tue, 19 Feb 2002 22:39:40 GMT, CLINTON Legacy Going Down Like the
TITANIC <"Please save my legacy"@My Harlem Ho House.com> wrote like a
right wing nut;

>Yeah it you and the FBI will be knocking on your door soon. Hurry up and
>hide before you become someones cell bitch !

Calling right wing crazies exactly what they are is illegal now?

Hmmm

Asscroft is working fast.

"These are sick guys"----FBI agent reading KnicKKKlas and Beck's
posts.

Gandalf Grey

Feb 19, 2002, 5:49:11 PM2/19/02

"BUSH Legacy Going Down Like the TITANIC" <"Please save my
legacy"@Crawford.com> wrote in message

> Yeah it you and the FBI will be knocking on your door soon. Hurry up and
> hide before you become someones cell bitch !

Are you advertising? Or just lonely?

King Pineapple

Feb 19, 2002, 5:53:49 PM2/19/02
Capitalist Pig "Harold" <haroldb...@delete.yahoo.com> kicked rosell's
Gandalf Grey soundly in message

> On Tue, 19 Feb 2002 21:08:04 GMT, peab...@peaboy.com wrote like an
unemployed leftwing nut:

> >Are you a fuckwit hypocrite?

To which Harold shot back:

> By the way, your self identification is quite appropriate. Good
> choice.

That's from a brouhaha started by another ass-kicked Democrat who apparently
took offense at my Dan Rather sig. He desperately dragged up my old posts
from 1997 under another name (PeaBoy2) and tried to "bust me", as it were.
Needless to say, the attempt was a miserable failure. Strangely reminiscent
of rosell's "Buttmaster" escapades with Dana...rosell was so enamored of
this ill-fated attempt (so like his own) that he adopted the PeaBoy moniker.

I'm honored, having young "fuckwit" rosell follow in my footsteps. (Sniff).
Two peas in a pod.....

"I think you can be an honest person and lie about any number of things"-

Dan Rather

Brain Death

Feb 19, 2002, 7:49:23 PM2/19/02
On Tue, 19 Feb 2002 21:08:04 GMT, peab...@peaboy.com wrote:

>On Tue, 19 Feb 2002 20:33:18 +0000 (UTC), Bert Hyman <be...@visi.com>
>wrote like a right wing nut;
>>ganda...@infectedmail.com (Gandalf Grey) wrote in
>>
>>> strong hunch ... might be "dragging its feet"...
>>> "government insider" sources... it looks as though ... quite
>>> possible ...
>>
>>Wow! Sounds like an open and shut case!
>
>Hey Hymen, if it was good enough for conservatives to get clinton, why
>not now.

Hmmm, could it be that we did not base the case on "strong hunches",
"government insider sources" and did not have to use weasel words like
"it looks like" and "might be" and "quite possible".

BD

Brain Death

Feb 19, 2002, 7:51:04 PM2/19/02
On Tue, 19 Feb 2002 12:25:50 -0800, "Gandalf Grey"
<ganda...@infectedmail.com> wrote:

Wow, and the story was broken by a reporter for the Mercer County
Times, who managed to get this "scoop" by attending a seminar.

News story, this isn't.

BD

chudh

Feb 19, 2002, 7:59:49 PM2/19/02
Appointee Bush opens and shuts the case many times per night.

Between drags on the bourbon bottle.

TheRock

Feb 19, 2002, 7:56:28 PM2/19/02
Where does it say Bush knows ?
Maybe your the lying assmuncher ?

"Gandalf Grey" <ganda...@infectedmail.com> wrote in message
> [...]

peab...@peaboy.com

Feb 19, 2002, 8:18:32 PM2/19/02
On Tue, 19 Feb 2002 22:53:49 GMT, "King Pineapple"
<saddl...@earthlink.net> wrote like a right wing nut;

>That's from a brouhaha started by another ass-kicked Democrat who apparently
>took offense at my Dan Rather sig. He desperately dragged up my old posts

>from 1997 under another name (PeaBoy2) and tried to "bust me", as it were.\

It's "icing" on an already baked cake, Queenie

You were "busted" months ago when you tried to promote a belief that
"fibs" by Clinton could be "impeachable" and "immoral" but not LIES by
Ronald Raygun. "Irrelevant" you said of Raygun's LIES.

You were asked what "principle" allowed you to consider one "lie"
immoral, yet raygun's lies "irrelevant"

You've NEVER answered, and killfile anyone who asks you to explain

THEN, (after you got your ass kicked about that) you elevated Clintons
"fibs" to "perjury" and when you were beaten day after day you whined
about "harrasment" and usenet "thuggery"

You're just a fucking 3rd grade sniveler, Queenie.

The discovery of your "alter ego" was done by those who cared enough
to find out your past posts to make sure they were citing you
correctly.

>Needless to say, the attempt was a miserable failure. Strangely reminiscent
>of rosell's "Buttmaster" escapades with Dana...rosell was so enamored of
>this ill-fated attempt (so like his own) that he adopted the PeaBoy moniker.

As for Buttmaster, the same goes. His denial of just about everything
was why I searched his posts. MOF, I didn't discover his really SICK,
DISGUSTING sex ads until he began to claim I "forged them" and went
back to before I even had a computer and was on line.

So stick it in your warped and well used ass, Queenie.

You deserve every bit of ridicule you get

Just like Buttmaster is paying for the hundreds of e-mails he sent me,
the complaints he filed and the lies he told, you credible (what
little you had, is dogshit.

>I'm honored, having young "fuckwit" rosell follow in my footsteps. (Sniff).
>Two peas in a pod.....

You'd be honored if a 2nd grader acknowledged you had crediblity,
Queenie

You STILL can't defend a single "principle" you've ever listed as
reasons behind your loony "beliefs"

>"I think you can be an honest person and lie about any number of things"-

"POTATOE"

"Inside politics" Monday August 22, 2000

This is the man conservaloons say isn't a dumb asshole
BUSH: I've got to do a better job of making it clear. I think when
people understand that we're -- I've got a lot of money
that's going to be applied to different programs, that
the tax relief package will become even more -- people will
buy into the tax relief package even more. . . .

BUSH: Oh, you know, you just hear some people saying: Well, you're
cutting into basic programs or you're cutting into the baseline
of the budget. And the surplus is really money after the budgets
have been projected to increase by $3.3 trillion cumulatively
over a 10- year period of time. . . .

BUSH: We will spend $3.3 trillion over the next 10 years on top
of -- on top of the $1.9 trillion budget. We still have
trillions of dollars left in the surplus.

[JOHNATHAN] KARL: That explanation left people scratching their
heads. Later, Bush aide Karen Hughes offered a translation.

KAREN HUGHES, BUSH CAMPAIGN COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR: He wants to
make sure that people don't succumb to the misrepresentations
and distortions that Vice President Gore is making.

Gandalf Grey

Feb 19, 2002, 8:59:00 PM2/19/02

<peab...@peaboy.com> wrote in message

> On Tue, 19 Feb 2002 22:53:49 GMT, "King Pineapple"
> <saddl...@earthlink.net> wrote like a right wing nut;
>
> >That's from a brouhaha started by another ass-kicked Democrat who
apparently
> >took offense at my Dan Rather sig. He desperately dragged up my old posts
> >from 1997 under another name (PeaBoy2) and tried to "bust me", as it
were.\

Why try? Craigie's been busted so many times, it isn't even fun anymore.

Bert Hyman

Feb 20, 2002, 9:03:20 AM2/20/02
peab...@peaboy.com () wrote in news:3c72be87....@news.enetis.net:

> Hey Hymen,

Gad. Now they've got 9 year olds trying to support their insane
positions.

Peabrain? How apt.

Ed Lake

Feb 20, 2002, 12:05:28 PM2/20/02
Gandalf,

Barbara Rosenberg has been saying for months that she thinks the FBI knows who
the anthrax terrorist is. So have I. But finding PROOF that you can take to
court is something else again.

Babs really knows how to stir things up. This story is really BIG news in
Britain (partly because she mentioned that the guy traveled to the UK). And it
seems to be the subject of threads on many different newsgroups.

I also think the FBI knows who the guy is, but I don't think Barbara Rosenberg
does. If you want to compare theories, hers is here:
http://www.fas.org/bwc/news/anthraxreport.htm

And mine is here: http://www.anthraxinvestigation.com/

Ed

Gandalf Grey