Crush the doctor’s lobby

Raymond

Oct 12, 2008, 3:06:15 AM10/12/08
Doctors Lobby Against Medicare Payment Cuts

Doctors’ lobby scolds GOP over cuts in Medicare fees ... The lobby’s
highest priority this year is preventing the cut from taking
place, ...Save the Doctors ?. "'The person most likely to kill you is
not a relative or a friend, or a mugger or a burglar or a drunken
driver. The person most likely to kill you is your doctor."

(Vernon Coleman) author, What Doctors Don't Tell You Doctors Are The
Third Leading Cause of Death in the US, Causing 250,000 Deaths Every
Year

ALL THESE ARE DEATHS PER YEAR:

12,000 -- unnecessary surgery 8
7,000 -- medication errors in hospitals 9
20,000 -- other errors in hospitals 10
80,000 -- infections in hospitals 10
106,000 -- non-error, negative effects of drugs 2
These total to 250,000 deaths per year from iatrogenic causes!!

116 million extra physician visits
77 million extra prescriptions
17 million emergency department visits
8 million hospitalizations
3 million long-term admissions
199,000 additional deaths
$77 billion in extra costs
The high cost of the health care system is considered to be a deficit,
but seems to be tolerated under the assumption that better health
results from more expensive care.

However, evidence from a few studies indicates that as many as 20% to
30% of patients receive inappropriate care.

This article in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA)
is the best article I have ever seen written in the published
literature documenting the tragedy of the traditional medical paradigm
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Health_Concerns/doctors_are_third_leading_cause_of_death.htm

Crush the doctor’s lobby
---if you really want efficiency in health care, according to Matthew
Yglesias:

Long story short, substantial progress on the health care costs
problem will probably require the crushing of the doctor's lobby.
Reforming to the method of financing health care can shift the fiscal
burden off financially struggling people in a helpful way in the
short- or medium-term but absent some kind of doctor-crushing
initiative to change the system of health care delivery the fiscal
burden will soon enough drown whoever's tasked with the responsibility
of paying for it.

Via Ezra Klein via Kevin MD.
posted by R. W. Donnell @ 6:30 AM

i_hate...@yahoo.com

Oct 12, 2008, 3:14:59 AM10/12/08
> literature documenting the tragedy of the traditional medical paradigmhttp://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Health_Concerns/doctors_are_third_lead...

> Crush the doctor’s lobby
> ---if you really want efficiency in health care, according to Matthew
> Yglesias:
>
> Long story short, substantial progress on the health care costs
> problem will probably require the crushing of the doctor's lobby.
> Reforming to the method of financing health care can shift the fiscal
> burden off financially struggling people in a helpful way in the
> short- or medium-term but absent some kind of doctor-crushing
> initiative to change the system of health care delivery the fiscal
> burden will soon enough drown whoever's tasked with the responsibility
> of paying for it.
>
> Via Ezra Klein via Kevin MD.
> posted by R. W. Donnell @ 6:30 AM

America has only the 19th best health care system in the world in
2007, accoirding to the World Health Organization - go to their
website to see if it you don't believe it.

1) Help pay off the eduational debt of doctor's
2) Reduce the paperwork their offices must do, so they can focus on
real health
care

snipe

Oct 12, 2008, 10:11:02 AM10/12/08

>> Yglesias:
>> Long story short, substantial progress on the health care costs problem
>> will probably require the crushing of the doctor's lobby. Reforming to
>> the method of financing health care can shift the fiscal burden off
>> financially struggling people in a helpful way in the short- or
>> medium-term but absent some kind of doctor-crushing initiative to
>> change the system of health care delivery the fiscal burden will soon
>> enough drown whoever's tasked with the responsibility of paying for it.
>>
>> Via Ezra Klein via Kevin MD.
>> posted by R. W. Donnell @ 6:30 AM
>
> America has only the 19th best health care system in the world in 2007,
> accoirding to the World Health Organization - go to their website to see
> if it you don't believe it.
>
> 1) Help pay off the eduational debt of doctor's
> 2) Reduce the paperwork their offices must do, so they can focus on real
> health care

Extensive paperwork became necessary because doctors view insurance as a
bottomless treasure chest begging to be looted, rather than a way to pay
necessary medical bills. They've left the insurance companies no choice
but to carefully scrutinize every charge and demand a medical
justification for anything remotely suspicious.

David Johnston

Oct 12, 2008, 11:48:41 AM10/12/08
On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 00:06:15 -0700 (PDT), Raymond <Bluer...@aol.com>
wrote:

>Doctors Lobby Against Medicare Payment Cuts
>
>Doctors’ lobby scolds GOP over cuts in Medicare fees ... The lobby’s
>highest priority this year is preventing the cut from taking
>place, ...Save the Doctors ?. "'The person most likely to kill you is
>not a relative or a friend, or a mugger or a burglar or a drunken
>driver. The person most likely to kill you is your doctor."
>
>(Vernon Coleman) author, What Doctors Don't Tell You Doctors Are The
>Third Leading Cause of Death in the US, Causing 250,000 Deaths Every
>Year
>
>ALL THESE ARE DEATHS PER YEAR:
>
>12,000 -- unnecessary surgery 8

How many due to necessary surgery?

Blackwater

Oct 12, 2008, 2:23:08 PM10/12/08
On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 15:48:41 GMT, David Johnston <da...@block.net>
wrote:

>On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 00:06:15 -0700 (PDT), Raymond <Bluer...@aol.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Doctors Lobby Against Medicare Payment Cuts
>>
>>Doctors’ lobby scolds GOP over cuts in Medicare fees ... The lobby’s
>>highest priority this year is preventing the cut from taking
>>place, ...Save the Doctors ?.

Maybe you should socialize with some doctors
sometime. You'd find out that the medicare
reimbursement is usually SO small that they
literally lose money on every patient. Not
exactly a sound plan for staying in business,
or fair reward for medical school and the
constant threat of malpractice suits.

nys999

Oct 12, 2008, 10:24:08 PM10/12/08
b...@barrk.net (Blackwater) wrote in news:48f24007.2529815
@news.west.earthlink.net:

Exactly how many doctors do you know who are on food stamps like WalMart
workers?

Raymond

Oct 14, 2008, 4:24:05 AM10/14/08
On Oct 12, 2:23 pm, b...@barrk.net (Blackwater) wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 15:48:41 GMT, David Johnston <da...@block.net>
> wrote:
>
> >On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 00:06:15 -0700 (PDT), Raymond <Bluerhy...@aol.com>

> >wrote:
>
> >>Doctors Lobby Against Medicare Payment Cuts
>
> >>Doctors’ lobby scolds GOP over cuts in Medicare fees ... The lobby’s
> >>highest priority this year is preventing the cut from taking
> >>place, ...Save the Doctors ?.
>
>    Maybe you should socialize with some doctors
>    sometime. You'd find out that the medicare
>    reimbursement is usually SO small that they
>    literally lose money on every patient. Not
>    exactly a sound plan for staying in business,
>    or fair reward for medical school and the
>    constant threat of malpractice suits.

RE: Maybe you should socialize with some doctors
sometime

I did. That's how I know how bad our health care is in America.

A very good friend of mine became a very successful physician in a
large Ohio city. He is a millionaire long ago.
He told me that when he was in med school worrying about staying up
all night studying for exams
that he would never have believed that he could become so rich so fast
and know so little about medicine.

He is a GP. (Family doctor) He told me that alll he really needed was
a stethoscope a thermometer, a great office staff.and a blood lab
where he may get some worth while information. (He calls his staff his
palace guards) and a nurse with lots of hospital experience to advise
him on special cases. Most cases require very little medical
understanding.at his level. "That's why I have a Rolodex full of
names of people who may know something about medicine.The truth is, I
run a travel agency and I am the travel agent.. Any nurse can do what
I do every day. He also admitted that he knew very little about
medications. What he knows, he knows from the "PIMPS" ( he calls
them..).. from the pharmacutical companies and from the nurses who
know far more than he does about the drugs.

Expenses? He calls them his 'nut." He told me that he makes his
monthly nut by visiting patients in the hospital before going to the
office. He also said that Michael Moore was gentle on the health care
in America. "Thank God the people don't know the real truth."

Health care in America is probably the worst in the modern world and
is by far the nost corrupt and dangerous of all the western nations.

SEE Doctors are the third leading cause of death and Gangsters in
Medicine.
http://www.naturodoc.com/library/public_health/doctors_cause_death.htm
http://www.healingdaily.com/Doctors-Are-The-Third-Leading-Cause-of-Death-in-the-US.htm

Disease in America.
Some of the economics of Medicine.
Exceptions to the rule.
Takeover of the American medical Association.
Treatment instead of cure.
Insurance fraud.
Government coercion in medical practice.
What to do.

The Journal of the American Medical Association
http://www.whale.to/a/smith25.html

Nurse practitioners should replace these agents of death and save
Americans a great deal of grief and money.

SEE:
Advanced Nursing Practices Are Invading Doctors' Turf - New ...

When Margaret Manchester was training to be a nurse, she was taught to
stand up whenever a doctor entered the room and to offer him her
chair.

But nurses are no longer handmaidens to the medical profession. Armed
with advanced degrees and training, many like Ms. Manchester are being
certified as nurse practitioners, edging onto turf once reserved for
doctors. Some are even serving as the primary source of care for their
patients. And the patients love them.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?sec=health&res=9F0CE5D61338F931A15752C1A965958260

"Greed is good:"
--- Hippocrates ?
No, Gordon Gekko "Wall Street" the new father of medicine

The truth is that there are some great doctors out there but they are
rare and greed is not their specialty.It's a shame that we don't get a
chance to meet them.

Take two aspirin and call me after my golf lesson."
--- Doomer. I.M ,, MD