A Corporal Has A Message For Harry Reid

Harry Dope

Apr 23, 2007, 12:33:31 PM4/23/07
Marine Corporal From A Bunker In Ramadi: "I Got A Message For That Douche
Harry Reid"
This Email To Me, Harry, And America, Direct From A Grunt On The Front Lines
Of Ramadi, Is Just Hours Old.

Corporal Tyler Rock, 1/6 Charlie Company, on the left, at my old home, Camp
Hurricane Point, Ramadi.

A view from OP Horea, "Most Dangerous Spot On Earth", Downtown Ramadi. I no
shit watched several terrorists die, on several different days, on this
small strip of asphalt. We also took many IED strikes on it. This photo is
from Corporal Rock.

Today, from Corporal Tyler Rock in an outpost in downtown Ramadi. His first
sentence is in response to an email from me:

"yeah i know how you feel. its going to be very weird leaving this place and
going back to america. weve been here for almost an entire year and have
lived in the center of it the whole time. its crazy that when we got here it
was so hectic and now its calmed down so much. so it was awesome to be able
to see that turn out.

yeah news worth reporting.. well ramadi was once dubbed by everyone as the
worst city in the world. but we have done such a great job here that all the
families in the area have worked with us on driving out the insurgency and
that we work directly with the IA and the IP's. the city has been cleaned up
so well that the IP's do most of the patrols now and we go out with them to
hand out candy and toys to the children. you can tell that the people want
us here to protect them from the thugs and gangs (insurgents). granted they
would rather have peace and quit but they know that if we arent here they
will be thrown around by the insurgents. a good example is this one mission
we did. long story short we got blown up in multiple buildings and had to
run into a families house. i spent my christmas holidays covered in ash from
the mortar fire and the IED's, sleeping under a dirty rug i found in the
house. everyone was sleeping way to close for comfort just to stay warm.
anyways. a family was there and they obviously didnt want us there. atleast
at first. the daughters were very sick so our corpsman treated them. they
didnt have electricity so we got them a generator for power, they were cold
so we got them gas heaters, we got them food and water and then we gave them
$500. by the end of the week long visit with them we were drinking tea with
them. when we left we cleaned their house better than it was when we got
there. i even have pictures with the family. they told us that they liked
marines and they would help us as much as they could and they gave us some
information on the insurgents in the area. we ended up catching a HUGE
target down the road from there house because of it.

Part Of A Weapons Cache Seized Recently In Fields Next To What Used To Be An
Insurgent Claimed Hospital. Thanks To 1/6, The Insurgents Don't Claim It
Anymore. Zarqawi Had Reportedly Been Treated There.

yeah and i got a qoute for that douche harry reid. these families need us
here. obviously he has never been in iraq. or atleast the area worth seeing.
the parts where insurgency is rampant and the buildings are blown to pieces.
we need to stay here and help rebuild. if iraq didnt want us here then why
do we have IP's voluntering everyday to rebuild their cities. and working
directly with us too. same with the IA's. it sucks that iraqi's have more
patriotism for a country that has turned to complete shit more than the
people in america who drink starbucks everyday. we could leave this place
and say we are sorry to the terrorists. and then we could wait for 3,000
more american civilians to die before we say "hey thats not nice" again. and
the sad thing is after we WIN this war. people like him will say he was
there for us the whole time.
and for messages back home. i have a wife back home who is going through a
tough time. i just cant wait to be back home and see everyone. haha and i
cant wait to go back home and get some starbucks. i love it when those
people serve me. hahaha"

http://sayanythingblog.com/
--
The Whitehouse email system apparantly contained a glitch that allowed
thousands of emails to escape record, many of which were evidence to other

Server 13

Apr 23, 2007, 1:16:11 PM4/23/07

"Harry Dope" <TheWar...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> Marine Corporal From A Bunker In Ramadi: "I Got A Message For That Douche
> Harry Reid"
> This Email To Me, Harry, And America, Direct From A Grunt On The Front
> Lines Of Ramadi, Is Just Hours Old.

Yes, they've been requiring our troops to write happy letters under
orders.

P.Henery

Apr 23, 2007, 1:34:54 PM4/23/07
On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 13:33:31 -0300, Harry Dope wrote:

Wow, this guy sounds like a real ass hole, no wonder we lost the war.

David Hartung

Apr 23, 2007, 1:38:36 PM4/23/07

Proof?

David Hartung

Apr 23, 2007, 1:40:26 PM4/23/07
P.Henery wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 13:33:31 -0300, Harry Dope wrote:
>>

> Wow, this guy sounds like a real ass hole, no wonder we lost the war.

Lost?

Only in your imagination.

P.Henery

Apr 23, 2007, 1:43:45 PM4/23/07
On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 12:40:26 -0500, David Hartung wrote:

> P.Henery wrote:
>> On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 13:33:31 -0300, Harry Dope wrote:
>>>

>> Wow, this guy sounds like a real ass hole, no wonder we lost the war.
>
> Lost?

Yes.

> Only in your imagination.

Nope, on the ground. The only people not admitting it are the boy king and
the bushbots.

In fact we have lost two wars since bushes appointment to the presidency.

David Hartung

Apr 23, 2007, 1:58:38 PM4/23/07
P.Henery wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 12:40:26 -0500, David Hartung wrote:
>
>> P.Henery wrote:
>>> On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 13:33:31 -0300, Harry Dope wrote:
>>> Wow, this guy sounds like a real ass hole, no wonder we lost the war.
>> Lost?
>
> Yes.
>
>> Only in your imagination.
>
> Nope, on the ground. The only people not admitting it are the boy king and
> the bushbots.
>
> In fact we have lost two wars since bushes appointment to the presidency.

Those who still believe Bush to have been "appointed" as President, demonstrate
their total and complete lack of credibility.

Amanda Williams

Apr 23, 2007, 2:00:14 PM4/23/07
David Hartung <dhar...@quixnet.net> allegedly said in

Really davey?

If we haven't lost, then what have we "won" ????

Feel free to be specific.

Gonzo Funeral Watch: 42 days 14 hours 57 minutes and counting.

--
AW

<small but dangerous>

P.Henery

Apr 23, 2007, 2:10:35 PM4/23/07

Still having trouble accepting reality? No wonder you think we're 'winning'
in Iraq.

Server 13

Apr 23, 2007, 2:28:49 PM4/23/07

"David Hartung" <dhar...@quixnet.net> wrote in message

Do you need proof that the sun rises in the east, as well?

Try to keep up.

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Letters_home

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/10/13/iraq/main577716.shtml

Server 13

Apr 23, 2007, 2:29:22 PM4/23/07

"David Hartung" <dhar...@quixnet.net> wrote in message

We have some very imaginative generals, then. lol

David Hartung

Apr 23, 2007, 3:22:11 PM4/23/07

Nothing in the above links supports you claim that the troops are being ordered
to write positive letters to the folks back home.

Try again.

Bokonon

Apr 23, 2007, 4:16:26 PM4/23/07

"Harry Dope" <TheWar...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> Marine Corporal From A Bunker In Ramadi: "I Got A Message For That Douche
> Harry Reid"

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/04/20/lieberman-reid/

Reid War Comment Echoes Kissinger, Senior Military Officials
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) is under fire from the right over
his statement yesterday that the war in Iraq "is lost."

Reid was called "reckless" and accused of "playing to the worst elements of
the antiwar left." White House Spokeswoman Dana Perino said his comment was
"disturbing." In a new statement, published in full below, Sen. Joe
Lieberman (I-CT) warns Reid, "We should not surrender in the face of
barbarism."

But Reid's description of the war isn't controversial. In fact, one of Bush's
own regular war advisers - Henry Kissinger - agrees with Reid:

Former U.S. Secretary of State Henry Kissinger, who helped engineer the U.S.
withdrawal from Vietnam, said Sunday the problems in Iraq are more complex
than that conflict, and military victory is no longer possible. [.]

Reid's remarks also echo senior military officials. Retired Gen. Wiliam
Odom, head of Army intelligence and director of the National Security Agency
under Ronald Reagan, published an essay in February titled "Victory Is Not
An Option." Also, via TPM Cafe, here's Gen. Tony McPeak, who served on the
Joint Chiefs of Staff during the first Gulf War:

The war in Iraq isn't over yet, but - surge or no surge - the United States
has already lost. That's the grim consensus of a panel of experts assembled
by Rolling Stone to assess the future of Iraq. "Even if we had a million men
to go in, it's too late now," says retired four-star Gen. Tony McPeak, who
served on the Joint Chiefs of Staff during the Gulf War. "Humpty Dumpty can't
be put back together again."

What Kissinger, Odom, McPeak, and Reid understand is that the mission in
Iraq has changed. The United States is now stuck in the middle of a civil
war to which there is no military solution, only a political one. As Reid
said later: "there is still a chance to change course - and we must change
course."

UPDATE: John Aravosis has several other quotes.

Digg It!

Full statement:

WASHINGTON - Senator Joe Lieberman (ID-CT) today made the following
statement in response to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's comment that
the Iraq War is "lost:"

"This week witnessed horrific terrorist attacks by Islamist extremists in
Iraq, killing hundreds of innocent civilians and leading Senate Majority
Leader Harry Reid to declare that the war is 'lost.'

With all due respect, I strongly disagree. Senator Reid's statement is not
based on military facts on the ground in Iraq and does not advance our cause
there.

Al Qaeda's strategy for victory in Iraq is clear. They are trying to murder
as many innocent civilians as possible in an effort to reignite sectarian
fighting and drive us to retreat from Iraq.

The question now before us is whether we respond to these terrorist attacks
by running away as Al Qaeda hopes - abandoning the future of Iraq, the
Middle East, and ultimately our own security to the very same people
responsible for this week's atrocities - or whether we stand united to fight
them.

This is exactly the wrong time to conclude that we have lost the war in
Iraq, or that our new strategy has failed. Instead, we should provide
General Petraeus and his troops with the time and the resources to succeed.
We should not surrender in the face of barbarism."

--
"History! Read it and weep!"
-Bokonon

Bokonon

Apr 23, 2007, 4:18:31 PM4/23/07

"Harry Dope" <TheWar...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> Marine Corporal From A Bunker In Ramadi: "I Got A Message For That Douche
> Harry Reid"

http://tinyurl.com/2vufdh

Soldier Says War Can't Be Won; Fellow Soldiers Call It "Our Vietnam"
By Greg Sargent | bio
It'll be interesting to see what the wingers make of this one. Here's
someone else echoing the treacherous surrender rhetoric of Harry Reid and
other Dems.

Who is that someone else? Staff Sgt. Matt St. Pierre, who's been in Iraq for
two of the last three years. Check out this interview he gave today to CNN
International:

He says:

We've talked at length, my soldiers and myself, and a term that comes up
often is, 'this is our generation's Vietnam.' I don't think this can be won.
We're caught in the middle of a civil war.
In fairness, he does say that we are the "buffer" right now and that he
fears a pullout may be disastrous. But he also adds that in the event of
withdrawal...
The people that were against us, and they're the majority, they're gonna I
believe ultimately win. And that's unfortunate.
So, let's see. According to Staff Sgt. Matt St. Pierre...

(1) The U.S. can't win the war;

(2) He and his soldiers agree after talking "at length" that this is their
Vietnam;

(3) The "majority" in Iraq is "against us" right now.

If memory serves, other people voicing these sentiments back home -- i.e.,
Democrats -- have been subjected to a withering stream of abuse from the
White House, the GOP, and their ever-obedient lackeys and shills in the
media and blogosphere.

So what will all these good people say about Staff. Sgt. Matt St. Pierre?
What petty, snarling little insults will they spew at him? We're waiting.

Special thanks to TPM Reader KC for sending this in.

Bokonon

Apr 23, 2007, 4:19:35 PM4/23/07

"David Hartung" <dhar...@quixnet.net> wrote in message

> Lost?
>
> Only in your imagination.

http://tinyurl.com/2vufdh

horatioclaytracepukieorionchildmolestors

Apr 23, 2007, 5:03:39 PM4/23/07
On Apr 23, 1:16 pm, "Bokonon" <seattledemocr...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Harry Dope" <TheWarIsL...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

who cares what a walking dead man oil nazi sheep has to say

Stu Gotz

Apr 23, 2007, 11:17:02 PM4/23/07

"David Hartung" <dhar...@quixnet.net> wrote in message

So we've won the war, Rev Hardtongue? MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! Bring the
troops home....

Kevin Cunningham

Apr 24, 2007, 7:27:59 AM4/24/07

"David Hartung" <dhar...@quixnet.net> wrote in message

This is beyond weird but... So tell us sport, were are we winning the war
in Iraq? In Petal Land? Disney Land Middle East? Or your private Booze It
Up Land.

David Hartung

Apr 24, 2007, 8:14:00 AM4/24/07

The statement was that we have lost the war. The fact that we are still
fighting would seem to indicate that such a conclusion is premature.

Bradley K. Sherman

Apr 24, 2007, 8:18:21 AM4/24/07
In article <bOKdnQPeBPkeabDb...@comcast.com>,

Still dying does not equal still fighting. Remember Bush's
"National Strategy for Victory in Iraq"?

<http://www.whitehouse.gov/infocus/iraq/iraq_strategy_nov2005.html>

Bush doesn't. No one can even define what victory in Iraq would
look like.

--bks

Mitchell Holman

Apr 24, 2007, 8:32:16 AM4/24/07
David Hartung <dhar...@quixnet.net> wrote in

Name the last war the US "won" after losing as many
allies as Bush's "coalition" has lost. Have you noticed
that even the Whitehouse website no longer lists the
members of said coalition?

Bokonon

Apr 24, 2007, 12:19:07 PM4/24/07

"David Hartung" <dhar...@quixnet.net> wrote in message

> The statement was that we have lost the war. The fact that we are still
> fighting would seem to indicate that such a conclusion is premature.

Why?

David Hartung

Apr 24, 2007, 2:03:04 PM4/24/07
Bokonon wrote:
> "David Hartung" <dhar...@quixnet.net> wrote in message
>
>> The statement was that we have lost the war. The fact that we are still
>> fighting would seem to indicate that such a conclusion is premature.
>
> Why?

Think about it.

Message has been deleted

David Hartung

Apr 24, 2007, 4:58:22 PM4/24/07
Cl...@Knicklas.com wrote:
> About 80% of the American public has
>
> About 99% of the Democratic party has,
>
> And about 85% of the entire world has, DaveyLoon
>
> And they ALL have concluded that:
>
> 1) Your lying sack of shit fucked us big time
>
> 2) Your lying sack of shit didn't know what he was
> doing then----OR NOW
>
> 3. That the war is "un-winnable" militarily---and that
> means for 90% of that group the troops should quit.

Thus you demonstrate your ignorance.

Bokonon

Apr 24, 2007, 6:35:22 PM4/24/07

>>> The statement was that we have lost the war. The fact that we are still
>>> fighting would seem to indicate that such a conclusion is premature.
>>
>> Why?
>
> Think about it.

I have.

It brings to mind the image of a doctory giving CPR to someone whose heart
stopped beating an hour ago.

The patient is dead. The presence of somone doing CPR on a cadaver doesn't
make that conclusion the least bit premature.

Rich Travsky

Apr 24, 2007, 11:19:05 PM4/24/07
Harry Dope wrote:

> Marine Corporal From A Bunker In Ramadi: "I Got A Message For That Douche
> Harry Reid"
> This Email To Me, Harry, And America, Direct From A Grunt On The Front Lines
> Of Ramadi, Is Just Hours Old.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/military-cant-win-in-iraq-general/2007/03/09/1173166991655.html
"There is no military solution to a problem like that in Iraq," General
David Petraeus said. "Military action is necessary to help improve
security ... but it is not sufficient."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/12/20/AR2006122000268.html
Wednesday, December 20, 2006
U.S. Not Winning War in Iraq, Bush Says for 1st Time

President Bush acknowledged for the first time yesterday that the
United States is not winning the war in Iraq and said he plans to
expand the overall size of the "stressed" U.S. armed forces to meet
the challenges of a long-term global struggle against terrorists.

Rich Travsky

Apr 24, 2007, 11:19:32 PM4/24/07

Rich Travsky

Apr 24, 2007, 11:20:20 PM4/24/07

HAHAHHAHHA!

The Germans and the Japanese kept fighting long after it was clear they could
not win.

RT

Rich Travsky

Apr 24, 2007, 11:21:18 PM4/24/07

Think about Germany and Japan fighting on long after it was evident the war
was lost...

RT

liber...@yahoo.com

Apr 25, 2007, 5:32:59 PM4/25/07
David Hartung <dhar...@quixnet.net> wrote in

Ya know, your stupidity knows no bounds. Many wars go on after
being lost. When Hitler was pushed out of France, the war was
lost. But it went on for four more months. The war in the Pacific
went on for three years after the Japanese military command knew
they had lost.

You are a perfect example of why rethugs shouldn't be allowed
around heavy machinery and explosives. You really should stop
embarrassing your parents by posting assine assertions on the
Internet.

David Hartung

Apr 25, 2007, 10:54:03 PM4/25/07
liber...@yahoo.com wrote:
> David Hartung <dhar...@quixnet.net> wrote in
>
>> Bokonon wrote:
>>> "David Hartung" <dhar...@quixnet.net> wrote in message

>>> Why?
>> Think about it.
>
> Ya know, your stupidity knows no bounds. Many wars go on after
> being lost. When Hitler was pushed out of France, the war was
> lost. But it went on for four more months. The war in the Pacific
> went on for three years after the Japanese military command knew
> they had lost.
>
> You are a perfect example of why rethugs shouldn't be allowed
> around heavy machinery and explosives. You really should stop
> embarrassing your parents by posting assine assertions on the
> Internet.

While you have yet to make a valid case that the US has already lost the war.

Rich Travsky

Apr 26, 2007, 1:27:04 PM4/26/07

Start here:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/military-cant-win-in-iraq-general/2007/03/09/1173166991655.html
"There is no military solution to a problem like that in Iraq," General
David Petraeus said. "Military action is necessary to help improve
security ... but it is not sufficient."

and here

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5866571/
Updated: 11:35 a.m. MT Sept 2, 2004
Lauer: You said to me a second ago, one of the things you'll lay out in your
vision for the next four years is how to go about winning the war on terror.
That phrase strikes me a little bit. Do you really think we can win this war
on terror in the next four years?

President Bush: I have never said we can win it in four years.

Lauer: So I'm just saying can we win it? Do you see that?

President Bush: I don't think you can win it.

David Hartung

Apr 26, 2007, 2:56:34 PM4/26/07

Taken out of context, but nowhere does this General say that we has already
lost. What he does say is that final victory will require more than just
military action.

> and here
>

> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5866571/
> Updated: 11:35 a.m. MT Sept 2, 2004
> Lauer: You said to me a second ago, one of the things you'll lay out in your
> vision for the next four years is how to go about winning the war on terror.
> That phrase strikes me a little bit. Do you really think we can win this war
> on terror in the next four years?
>
> President Bush: I have never said we can win it in four years.
>
> Lauer: So I'm just saying can we win it? Do you see that?
>
> President Bush: I don't think you can win it.

Taken way out of context.

Here is the President's next comment:
I don’t think you can win it. But I think you can create conditions so that
those who
use terror as a tool are less acceptable in parts of the world — let's put it
that way.

Also, he was talking about the broader war on terrorism, not just the current
fighting in Iraq.

I see you still have not made your case.

Care to try again?

ah...@no-spam-panix.com

Apr 26, 2007, 8:49:17 PM4/26/07
David> Taken way out of context.

David> Here is the President's next comment:
David> I don’t think you can win it. But I think you can create conditions
David> so that those who
David> use terror as a tool are less acceptable in parts of the world —
David> let's put it that way.

But he has made terrorism much more popular. Hence he has lost the
war, primarily because he had no clue about the real nature of the
"war" on Islamic terrorism. A cluelessness that you, sadly, share.

--
Andrew Hall
(Now reading Usenet in alt.fan.rush-limbaugh...)

Rich Travsky

Apr 29, 2007, 1:58:05 AM4/29/07

What he says is precisely means we're not winning. His words are rather
clear. Oh, and neither he - nor you - has yet to define what "final victiry"
is ...

> > and here
> >

> > http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5866571/
> > Updated: 11:35 a.m. MT Sept 2, 2004
> > Lauer: You said to me a second ago, one of the things you'll lay out in your
> > vision for the next four years is how to go about winning the war on terror.
> > That phrase strikes me a little bit. Do you really think we can win this war
> > on terror in the next four years?
> >
> > President Bush: I have never said we can win it in four years.
> >
> > Lauer: So I'm just saying can we win it? Do you see that?
> >
> > President Bush: I don't think you can win it.
>
> Taken way out of context.
>
> Here is the President's next comment:
> I don’t think you can win it. But I think you can create conditions so that

An admission it's unwinnable. Just another way of saying it.

> those who
> use terror as a tool are less acceptable in parts of the world — let's put it
> that way.
>
> Also, he was talking about the broader war on terrorism, not just the current
> fighting in Iraq.

Iraq has nothing to do with that since what's going on there wasn't happening
UNTIL Chimpoleon cooked up some lies to invade. What's going on there is his
self made mess.

> I see you still have not made your case.

I see you don't know what you're talking about.