Which religion is more violent, Islam or Christianity?

CR

Aug 27, 2004, 4:43:42 PM8/27/04
Take this quiz on which God is more vicious.

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news1001/viciousgodquiz.html

Immortalist

Aug 28, 2004, 12:45:44 AM8/28/04

"CR" <cr...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Take this quiz on which God is more vicious.
>
> http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news1001/viciousgodquiz.html

1. Whose god has promised the cruelest fate for people of different religions?

(Both are equally vicious. Both gods have utter disdain for all other religions
and condemn the followers of those faiths to eternal damnation.) "Surely those
who disbelieve . . . Allah has set a seal upon their hearts . . . and there is a
great punishment for them" (Koran 2:6-7). "Surely those who disbelieve and die
while they are disbelievers, these it is on whom is the curse of Allah and the
angels and men all" (Koran 2:161). [W]hen the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from
heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance of them that know
not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be
punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord . . . (2
Thessalonians 1:7-9). "[H]e that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but
the wrath of God abideth on him"(John 3:36).

2. Whose god orders the most violent plight for nonbelievers while on Earth?

(The Christian god because he ordered his followers to kill all those of a
different religion, including family members, friends and even their cattle,
whereas the Moslem god simply required the enslaving of nonbelievers .) "If thy
brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy
bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying,
Let us go and serve other gods . . . thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall
be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people
. . . If thou shalt hear . . . Certain men . . . have withdrawn the inhabitants
of their city, saying, Let us go and serve other gods . . . Thou shalt surely
smite the inhabitants ofthat city with the edge of the sword, destroying it
utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the
sword" (Deuteronomy13:6-15). "Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the
latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Apostle have prohibited, nor
follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until
they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of
subjection" (Koran 9:29).

3. Whose god orders the cruelest warfare?

(The Christian god because he ordered his followers to kill all the men inthe
towns they invaded, enslaving only the women and children (who sometimes were to
be slaughtered as well, along with every other living thing insight.)) "So when
you meet in battle those who disbelieve, then smite the necks until when you have
overcome them, then make (them) prisoners, and afterwards either set them free as
a favor or let them ransom (themselves) until the war terminates" (Koran 47:4).
"And when the Lord thy God hath delivered [a city] into thine hands, thou shalt
smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword: But the women, and the
little ones . . . shalt thou take unto thyself . . . But of the cities of these
people, which the Lord thy God doth give thee for an inheritance, thou shalt save
alive nothing that breatheth"(Deuteronomy 20:13-16).

4. Whose god has the least pity and most contempt for the enemies of his
followers?

"And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and
smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity: Slay utterly old and young,
both males, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom
is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men who
were before the house. And he said unto them, Defile the house, and fill the
courts with the slain: go you forth. And they went forth, and slew in the city"
(Ezekiel 9:5-7). "Allah does not forbid you respecting those who have not made
war against you on account of (your) religion, and have not driven you forth from
your homes, that you show them kindness and deal with them justly; surely Allah
loves the doers of justice" (Koran 60:8). "And if they incline to peace, then
incline to it and trust in Allah; surely He is the Hearing, the Knowing" (Koran
8:61).

5. Whose god has more contempt for homosexuals?

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have
committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be
upon them"(Leviticus 20:13). "And if two (men) of you commit it, then hurt them
both; but if they turn again and amend, leave them alone, verily, God is easily
turned, compassionate" (Koran 4:21). "Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor
idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind
. . . shall inherit the kingdom of God"(1 Corinthians 6:9-10). "And there shall
wait on them young boys of their own, as fair as virgin pearls" (Koran 52:24).
"They shall be attended by boys graced with eternal youth, who will seem like
scattered pearls to the beholders" (Koran 76:19).

6. Whose god has prescribed the more vicious physical punishment of sinners?

(The Moslem god because he ordered his followers to apply more lashes to sinners
than the Christian god did.) "(As for) the fornicatress and the fornicator, flog
each of them, (giving) a hundred stripes, and let not pity for them detain you in
the matter of obedience to Allah, if you believe in Allah and the last day, and
let a party of believers witness their chastisement" (Koran 24:2). "And it shall
be, if the wicked man be worthy to be beaten, that the judge shall cause him to
lie down, and to be beaten before his face . . . Forty stripes he may give him,
and not exceed"(Deuteronomy 25:2-3).

7. Whose god should you fear most?

(The Christian god because while Allah may be worthy of fear, God not only kills
those who rub Him the wrong way but sends them to Hell as well.) "What! will you
not fight a people who broke their oaths and aimed at the expulsion of the
Apostle, and they attacked you first; do you fear them? But Allah is most
deserving that you should fear Him, if you are believers" (Koran 9:13). "But I
will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath
power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him" (Luke 12:5). "And fear
not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear
him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell" (Matthew 10:28).

8. Whose god places the least value on the lives of women?

(This is basically a wash. Both gods view women as less worthwhile than men.)
"Allah enjoins you concerning your children: The male shall have the equal of the
portion of two females; then if they are more than two females, shall have
two-thirds of what the deceased has left, and if there is one, she shall they
have the half" (Koran 4:11). "And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying, Speak unto
the children of Israel, and sayunto them, When a man shall make a singular vow,
the persons shall be for the Lord by thy estimation. And thy estimation shall be
of the male from twenty years old even unto sixty years old, even thy estimation
shall be fifty shekels of silver, after the shekel of the sanctuary. And if it be
a female, then thy estimation shall be thirty shekels. And if it be from a month
old even unto five years old, then thy estimation shall be of the male five
shekels of silver, and for the female thy estimation shall be three shekels of
silver. And if it be from sixty years old and above, if it be a male, then thy
estimation shall be fifteen shekels, and for the female, ten shekels"
(Leviticus27:1-7).

9. Whose god puts women in their place with the harshest of restrictions on their
speech?

"Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to
teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence" ; (1 Timothy
2:11-12). "Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted
unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith
the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home:
for it is a shame for women to speak in the church" (1Corinthians 14:34-35).
"Allah has heard and accepted the statement of the woman who pleads with you (the
Prophet) concerning her husband and carries her complaint to Allah, and Allah
hears the arguments between both of you for Allah hears and sees all things"
(Koran 58:1).

10. Whose god is the champion of deceit?

(Neither wins for both "B"and "C" are true.) "Surely Allah is not ashamed to set
forth any parable-- (that of) a gnat or any thing above that; then as for those
who believe, they know that it is the truth from their Lord, and as for those who
disbelieve, they say: What is it that Allah means by this parable: He causes many
to err by it and many He leads aright by it! but He does not cause to err by it
(any) except the transgressors" (Koran2:26). "And for this cause God shall send
them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be
damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness"
(2Thessalonians 2:11-12).

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news1001/answers.html

Sonof Ravenson

Aug 28, 2004, 9:37:27 AM8/28/04
CR wrote:

> Take this quiz on which God is more vicious.
>
> http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news1001/viciousgodquiz.html

Muslims, Christians and Jews all worship the same God, the God of
Abraham. A quiz asking "Which God is more vicious?" is, therefore,
pointless.

formerly known as 'cat arranger'

Aug 28, 2004, 1:29:33 PM8/28/04

"Sonof Ravenson" <thes...@pacbell.net> wrote in message
:

That is true in logic but I don't think you would get
.001% of Catholics or Protestants to say that Allah
is another name for God. I wonder what Christian
preachers do in Muslim countries and if they do call
God, Allah whether they follow the same convention
when they are in the states.

Clarity

Aug 28, 2004, 5:32:46 PM8/28/04
Jesus said, "If your enemy strikes you...turn the other cheek. Love your
enemies.

Mohammed said, "Kill your enemies everywhere you find them!".

I dunno...seems to me there is a profound difference.

"CR" <cr...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Message has been deleted

orthogonalian

Aug 28, 2004, 7:47:30 PM8/28/04
"formerly known as 'cat arranger'" <goodidea19...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<2i3Yc.38584$4o.21257@fed1read01>...

I believe we should be using a lowercase "g" for the talk about
specific "Gods" and their viciousness. Anyone who truely believes in a
metaphysical existance of a singular, infallable, and loving God (or
source) does not worship the man-made god's of modern day bureaucratic
religions. However, this is not meant to be an assault on any of the
above religions. They all hold the same framework for peace, liberty,
and solice when viewed superficially above law using compassion as a
mask. I agree with the "assumed" intentions of the post, calling
attention to the fact that the locale beliefs are not "in the clear"
when held up to a logical light. A quiz asking which God is more
vicious is pointless, or rather semantically innaccurate if you
believe in one true God. There can only be one God in that respect,
therefore, calling into question a collection of conjured entities
that make up the lowercase g's would seem more appropriate.

Paul Bramscher

Aug 28, 2004, 10:08:38 PM8/28/04
Clarity wrote:
> Jesus said, "If your enemy strikes you...turn the other cheek. Love your
> enemies.
>
> Mohammed said, "Kill your enemies everywhere you find them!".
>
> I dunno...seems to me there is a profound difference.

In words perhaps. Except that Christians engineered the Crusades, used
religion in connection to Manifest Destiny to enslave Africa and wage
ethnic cleansing against Native Americans.

And the present self-proclaimed born-again right-wing Governor of
Minnesota (Tim Pawlenty) rushed through a conceal-and-carry law for
handguns. The present brand of flag-waving, gun-toting, science-burning
Christians is America's own answer to the Taliban and the Jewish
equivalents.

All three of the religions are in the process of losing their more
compassionate, thoughtful, open, and caring people to agnosticism or
something else.

CR

Aug 29, 2004, 6:17:38 PM8/29/04
"Clarity" <cla...@home.com> wrote in message news:<10j1ufg...@corp.supernews.com>...

> Jesus said, "If your enemy strikes you...turn the other cheek. Love your
> enemies.
>
> Mohammed said, "Kill your enemies everywhere you find them!".
>
> I dunno...seems to me there is a profound difference.

That's because you haven't read the whole bible. Only the parts you
like. It says in the bible that if you catch a family member
worshipping another god you should stone them to death.

6: "If your brother, the son of your mother, or your son, or your
daughter, or the wife of your bosom, or your friend who is as your own
soul, entices you secretly, saying, `Let us go and serve other gods,'
which neither you nor your fathers have known,
7: some of the gods of the peoples that are round about you, whether
near you or far off from you, from the one end of the earth to the
other,
8: you shall not yield to him or listen to him, nor shall your eye
pity him, nor shall you spare him, nor shall you conceal him;
9: but you shall kill him; your hand shall be first against him to put

him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.

10: You shall stone him to death with stones, because he sought to
draw you away from the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land
of Egypt, out of the house of bondage." - Deuteronomy 13

The fact is it's much easier to find bad examples in the bible vs the
koran. There are a few in the koran, but the bible has them just about
everywhere you look.

formerly known as 'cat arranger'

Aug 29, 2004, 10:36:42 PM8/29/04
Somebody on NPR wrote in on this subject
and said that the Muslims attacked the Christians
before the Crusades. I don't know if it is true or
not.

Woodard R. Springstube

Aug 30, 2004, 1:10:02 AM8/30/04
"formerly known as 'cat arranger'" <goodidea1950SPAM-
SP...@hotmail.com> wrote in news:7pwYc.206306$Oi.98311
@fed1read04:

It is true. At the time that Mohammad wrote the Koran, all of
the Middle East (modern Palestine, Egypt, Syria, Turkey, North
Africa, etc.) was Christian. The great early theologian,
Augustine, was from Hippo, an ancient city in North Africa. The
muslims conquered North Africa and Egypt before 800 A.D. They
later went on to conquer much of the rest of the Middle East
before the First Crusade. By 800 A.D. (about 200 years before
the First Crusade) the muslims had invaded and conquered Spain.
They then invaded France and were stopped about 100 miles from
Paris by troops under Charles Martel, grandfather of
Charlemagne. All of this happened before the First Crusade.
The Muslims also invaded India and conquered it, even though it
was Hindu and had no connection with the Christian crusades.
They seem to think that they have a mandate to spread Islam by
the sword until it is the only religion in the world. They made
a good start, then ran out of steam. Now, after a few hundred
years, they seem to have regrouped and are trying again, albeit
by different methods.

CR

Aug 30, 2004, 9:52:32 AM8/30/04
"Woodard R. Springstube" <springst...@Diespammer.net> wrote in message news:<Xns95551B78D9A5...@64.245.249.102>...

> It is true. At the time that Mohammad wrote the Koran, all of
> the Middle East (modern Palestine, Egypt, Syria, Turkey, North
> Africa, etc.) was Christian. The great early theologian,
> Augustine, was from Hippo, an ancient city in North Africa. The
> muslims conquered North Africa and Egypt before 800 A.D. They
> later went on to conquer much of the rest of the Middle East
> before the First Crusade. By 800 A.D. (about 200 years before
> the First Crusade) the muslims had invaded and conquered Spain.
> They then invaded France and were stopped about 100 miles from
> Paris by troops under Charles Martel, grandfather of
> Charlemagne. All of this happened before the First Crusade.
> The Muslims also invaded India and conquered it, even though it
> was Hindu and had no connection with the Christian crusades.
> They seem to think that they have a mandate to spread Islam by
> the sword until it is the only religion in the world. They made
> a good start, then ran out of steam. Now, after a few hundred
> years, they seem to have regrouped and are trying again, albeit
> by different methods.

So what do you suggest? There's over a billion muslims. Should we just
wipe them all out?

CR

Aug 30, 2004, 11:47:11 AM8/30/04
"Woodard R. Springstube" <springst...@Diespammer.net> wrote in message news:<Xns95551B78D9A5...@64.245.249.102>...

> The Muslims also invaded India and conquered it, even though it
> was Hindu and had no connection with the Christian crusades.
> They seem to think that they have a mandate to spread Islam by
> the sword until it is the only religion in the world.

One thing I'll admit is that most of the terrorist activity lately is
Islamic. And it irritates me that the news is always covering it up.
For example the news always calls them "Chechen Rebels" when they are
really Islamic terrorists. But I think you are making an error
equating this to some sort of inherent design flaw in Islam. For one
thing there are 1.2 billion muslims. The percentage of troublemakers
is microscopic. Also the bible probably has more references to
slaughtering non-believers than the koran. And are they really working
together as one? It seems like muslims are fighting each other just as
much as they are fighting non-muslims. I think the reason is location.
Most muslim countries are 3rd world oil countries. They have money
which enables them to buy weapons and cause a lot of trouble.

Clarity

Aug 30, 2004, 8:02:58 PM8/30/04
Naw...I've read the whole thing. An' most of the...uh..."quotes" you
present are disciples and largely out of context. The biggest...read...is
the "basic" fundamental concept of love vs hate...foundational stuff...

"CR" <cr...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

David Friedman

Aug 30, 2004, 8:50:39 PM8/30/04
In article <Xns95551B78D9A5...@64.245.249.102>,

"Woodard R. Springstube" <springst...@Diespammer.net> wrote:

> The Muslims also invaded India and conquered it, even though it
> was Hindu and had no connection with the Christian crusades.
> They seem to think that they have a mandate to spread Islam by
> the sword until it is the only religion in the world.

Two corrections.

1. They conquered only part of India.

2. Muslim governments, and Muslim doctrine, are generally tolerant of
the other "Peoples of the Book," which includes Christians and Jews. So
while the objective may be to get the whole world under Muslim control,
it isn't to forcibly wipe out all other religions.

--
www.daviddfriedman.com

michael price

Aug 31, 2004, 7:45:43 AM8/31/04
cr...@hotmail.com (CR) wrote in message news:<1ab0ed1b.04083...@posting.google.com>...

> "Woodard R. Springstube" <springst...@Diespammer.net> wrote in message news:<Xns95551B78D9A5...@64.245.249.102>...
>

> > The Muslims also invaded India and conquered it, even though it
> > was Hindu and had no connection with the Christian crusades.
> > They seem to think that they have a mandate to spread Islam by
> > the sword until it is the only religion in the world.
>
> One thing I'll admit is that most of the terrorist activity lately is
> Islamic. And it irritates me that the news is always covering it up.
> For example the news always calls them "Chechen Rebels" when they are
> really Islamic terrorists.

Or they are nationalist terrorists that happen to come from a majority
muslim country. The extent to which Islam is relevent to the actions of
Chenchen terrorists is variable and hard to determine. The Russian
government on the other hand is almost totally Christian, should the
their often vicious actions be described as the actions of "the Christian
Russia government"?

CR

Aug 31, 2004, 11:15:30 AM8/31/04
"Clarity" <cla...@home.com> wrote in message news:<10j7fvt...@corp.supernews.com>...

> Naw...I've read the whole thing. An' most of the...uh..."quotes" you
> present are disciples and largely out of context.

Your sarcasm is comical considering you are dead wrong.

So you are saying that the disciples are wrong? In this case
(Deuteronomy) it was Moses. Are you saying Moses was wrong? By the way
defenders of the koran will also use the same excuse, that it is taken
out of context.

And that passage was not taken out of context. Here is the whole
chapter:

Deuteronomy 13

A Warning against Idolatry

1"Suppose there are prophets among you, or those who have dreams about
the future, and they promise you signs or miracles, 2and the predicted
signs or miracles take place. If the prophets then say, `Come, let us
worship the gods of foreign nations,' 3do not listen to them. The LORD
your God is testing you to see if you love him with all your heart and
soul. 4Serve only the LORD your God and fear him alone. Obey his
commands, listen to his voice, and cling to him. 5The false prophets
or dreamers who try to lead you astray must be put to death, for they
encourage rebellion against the LORD your God, who brought you out of
slavery in the land of Egypt. Since they try to keep you from
following the LORD your God, you must execute them to remove the evil
from among you.
6"Suppose your brother, son, daughter, beloved wife, or closest friend
comes to you secretly and says, `Let us go worship other gods'--gods
that neither you nor your ancestors have known. 7They might suggest
that you worship the gods of peoples who live nearby or who come from
the ends of the earth. 8If they do this, do not give in or listen, and
have no pity. Do not spare or protect them. 9You must put them to
death! You must be the one to initiate the execution; then all the
people must join in. 10Stone the guilty ones to death because they
have tried to draw you away from the LORD your God, who rescued you
from the land of Egypt, the place of slavery. 11Then all Israel will
hear about it and be afraid, and such wickedness will never again be
done among you.
12"Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving
you 13that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow
citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. 14In such
cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true
and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, 15you
must attack that town and completely destroy[1] all its inhabitants,
as well as all the livestock. 16Then you must pile all the plunder in
the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch
as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin
forever; it may never be rebuilt. 17Keep none of the plunder that has
been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his
fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you
and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your
ancestors.
18"The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep
all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him.

formerly known as 'cat arranger'

Aug 31, 2004, 12:49:31 PM8/31/04

"Woodard R. Springstube" <springst...@Diespammer.net> wrote in message
: "formerly known as 'cat arranger'" <goodidea1950SPAM-
:

There seems to be a huge difference in different sects/churches
within all religions. Amish are a lot less violent than whatever
religion was used by the KKK. And apparently some Islamic
sects hate other ones and are less secular and less violent.

CR

Aug 31, 2004, 5:40:59 PM8/31/04
nini...@yahoo.com (michael price) wrote in message
> > > The Muslims also invaded India and conquered it, even though it
> > > was Hindu and had no connection with the Christian crusades.
> > > They seem to think that they have a mandate to spread Islam by
> > > the sword until it is the only religion in the world.
> >
> > One thing I'll admit is that most of the terrorist activity lately is
> > Islamic. And it irritates me that the news is always covering it up.
> > For example the news always calls them "Chechen Rebels" when they are
> > really Islamic terrorists.
>
> Or they are nationalist terrorists that happen to come from a majority
> muslim country. The extent to which Islam is relevent to the actions of
> Chenchen terrorists is variable and hard to determine. The Russian
> government on the other hand is almost totally Christian, should the
> their often vicious actions be described as the actions of "the Christian
> Russia government"?

Good point. You have to admit though, that most of the terrorist
attacks these days are committed by muslims. But I don't believe that
it's some sort of worldwide coordinated attack in an effort to rule
the world. Or that Islam is inherently evil. My guess is that it has
something to do with the fact that many muslim countries have oil.
That gives them lots of extra cash to get into trouble.

James A. Donald

Aug 31, 2004, 5:46:45 PM8/31/04
cr...@hotmail.com (CR) wrote in message
> So what do you suggest? There's over a billion muslims.
> Should we just wipe them all out?

Historically, Christian holy wars have tended to be genocidal.
This is not so much a reflection of Christianity, as the
western tradition of total war, that war is to be fought by
full mobilization to total victory, and that any moral
restraint that might prove a significant obstacle to victory
does not apply in wartime. In a holy war, it is hard to have
total victory short of genocide.

I would favor attempting to cure the Muslim world, as we cured
the Soviet world, and by using similar means - low level proxy
wars fought under the threat of total war. For example we
should arm Christian holy warriors in the Sudan, and encourage
volunteer irregulars from the west, but not put regular western
troops there - the objective being to make the characteristic
violence, repression, and rape through which the muslim
religion spreads intolerably costly and dangerous.

From time to time the American government should meet
objectionable behavior with frightening escalation, hinting at
the willingness to engage in genocidal total war, as the west
hinted at willingness to engage in the battle of armageddon
during the Berlin crisis and the Cuban crisis, while trying to
avoid actually doing so.

Roger Dodger

Aug 31, 2004, 7:08:41 PM8/31/04
cr...@hotmail.com (CR) wrote in message news:<1ab0ed1b.04083...@posting.google.com>...

> It seems like muslims are fighting each other just as
> much as they are fighting non-muslims. I think the reason is location.
> Most muslim countries are 3rd world oil countries. They have money
> which enables them to buy weapons and cause a lot of trouble.

Saudi Arabia has money which it gives to the most barbaric sects
of Islam, thus making sure the moderate ones remain poor and
voiceless (and in many cases, dead, in Muslim-to-Muslim fighting).

If America treats Saudi Arabia as it did Iraq, then this
insanity will end. Islam will remain another anti-rational
mystic religion, but it may well accomodate the modern world,
as does Christianity.

Roger Dodger

Aug 31, 2004, 7:25:09 PM8/31/04
Sonof Ravenson <thes...@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:<rU%Xc.12669$I74....@newssvr27.news.prodigy.com>...

Better to ask, "which set of followers are more vicious?"

Judaism: Mostly minded their own business, and tried to build
a nation based on moral law and justice. (An eye for an eye)
Industry, intelligence, and integrity - that's the Jews. No
Crusades or Jihads, just sexual repression.

Christianity: Kept the bad parts of Judaism and threw away the
good. Replaced justice with unearned forgiveness, and afterlife
salvation based upon "faith" and forced conversions. Genocide
for Jesus was good, but masturbation -> hell-fire.

Islam: Christianity with one brain cell, based on "deen",
which is faith on steroids.

lunky

Aug 31, 2004, 10:18:45 PM8/31/04
Such a rediculous quiz is pitiful! The church that sponsors the
website is trying to say their religion is the only right one, and
their answers to the questions are the only possible answers when all
of this is truly a matter of opinion.

CR

Sep 1, 2004, 8:56:55 AM9/1/04
h...@citlink.net (lunky) wrote in message news:<29bee804.0408...@posting.google.com>...

It's a parody.

CR

Sep 1, 2004, 12:38:37 PM9/1/04
jam...@echeque.com (James A. Donald) wrote in message news:<96dc81b9.04083...@posting.google.com>...

I thought you were an anarchist.

CR

Sep 1, 2004, 12:42:01 PM9/1/04
roger...@fastmail.fm (Roger Dodger) wrote in message news:<28a00488.04083...@posting.google.com>...

> If America treats Saudi Arabia as it did Iraq, then this
> insanity will end. Islam will remain another anti-rational
> mystic religion, but it may well accomodate the modern world,
> as does Christianity.

I don't think so. There will always be new monsters invented that will
require massive government programs to attempt to eradicate.

Ludwig77

Sep 1, 2004, 4:30:27 PM9/1/04
Paul Bramscher <brams00...@tc.umn.edu> wrote in message news:<cgrdst$ij4$1...@lenny.tc.umn.edu>...

One needs to make a distinction between Christians and those who
*claim* to follow Christ.

Christ never ever advocated forcing conversions. He preached a Gospel
of the heart.

People who have claimed to be Christian (like the crusaders) are no
more Christian than a person who claims to be a "Darwinian" who
rejects the theory of evolution.

Ludwig77

Sep 1, 2004, 4:39:49 PM9/1/04

But it does baffle me that we're not hearing more protests out of the
majority muslims if the majority is opposed to Islamic terrorism.

Or perhaps their protests are not being reported by the media?

formerly known as 'cat arranger'

Sep 1, 2004, 8:59:19 PM9/1/04

"Ludwig77" <gregr...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
: cr...@hotmail.com (CR) wrote in message

It's pretty common knowledge that radical Islam and suicide
prep is taught in many mainstream schools in the Muslim
World. Indonesia for one.

CR

Sep 2, 2004, 10:04:51 AM9/2/04
gregr...@yahoo.com (Ludwig77) wrote in message news:<8d273a25.04090...@posting.google.com>...

> But it does baffle me that we're not hearing more protests out of the
> majority muslims if the majority is opposed to Islamic terrorism.
>
> Or perhaps their protests are not being reported by the media?

That would be my guess. It's not really news to hear someone say "I
think terrorism is bad."

James A. Donald

Sep 2, 2004, 12:44:27 PM9/2/04
James A. Donald

> > Historically, Christian holy wars have tended to be
> > genocidal. This is not so much a reflection of
> > Christianity, as the western tradition of total war, that
> > war is to be fought by full mobilization to total victory,
> > and that any moral restraint that might prove a significant
> > obstacle to victory does not apply in wartime. In a holy
> > war, it is hard to have total victory short of genocide.
> >
> > I would favor attempting to cure the Muslim world, as we
> > cured the Soviet world, and by using similar means - low
> > level proxy wars fought under the threat of total war. For
> > example we should arm Christian holy warriors in the Sudan,
> > and encourage volunteer irregulars from the west, but not
> > put regular western troops there - the objective being to
> > make the characteristic violence, repression, and rape
> > through which the muslim religion spreads intolerably
> > costly and dangerous.
> >
> > From time to time the American government should meet
> > objectionable behavior with frightening escalation, hinting
> > at the willingness to engage in genocidal total war, as the
> > west hinted at willingness to engage in the battle of
> > armageddon during the Berlin crisis and the Cuban crisis,
> > while trying to avoid actually doing so.

> I thought you were an anarchist.

My recommedation was what I think the existent government
should do, but an anarchist America could well do the same.
Anarchic societies usually do engage in low level wars and
proxy wars. Total war is a little harder, but the crusades
were financed by passing around the hat, and by loot and
conquered land. I do not recommend total war, but if total war
is necessary an anarchic society can accmplish something that
looks a little bit like total war.

Abhijit Bhattacharya

Sep 5, 2004, 11:28:24 PM9/5/04
"Woodard R. Springstube" <springst...@Diespammer.net> wrote in message news:<Xns95551B78D9A5...@64.245.249.102>...

> The Muslims also invaded India and conquered it, even though it
> was Hindu and had no connection with the Christian crusades.

We're working on fixing that. :-)

Regards,

Abhijit

Paul Bramscher

Sep 7, 2004, 2:54:22 PM9/7/04
Ludwig77 wrote:

Yet perhaps the problem here is that there exists living scientists as
authorities who can "rebutt" or debunk pseudoscience, yet Christ seems
nowhere to be found -- and has not returned despite centuries of
spiritual misunderstanding and wars conducted in the religion's
namesake. Who are the authorities in matters of Christianity (or by
extension Islam or Judaism) that we might turn to?

Paul Bramscher

Sep 8, 2004, 2:45:22 PM9/8/04
Abhijit Bhattacharya wrote:

Though it looks like you all but lost Buddhism as a result, the Moslems
nearly wrecked it in the 12th century.

Buddhism got jerked around again in Tibet. And then, with one of
history's great ironies -- it came home to India again (through the
Dalai Lama).

Perhaps a better question is: which religion is least violent?
Buddhism, Jainism or Sikhism?

Day Brown

Sep 8, 2004, 11:23:54 PM9/8/04
Well, maybe we awta look at the least of all. Archaeologist M. Gimbutas,
'The Language of the Goddess' with a forward by Joseph Campbell, who
closes with:"The message here is of an actual age of peace and harmony
with the creative energies of Nature, which for a spell of 4000
prehistoric years, anteceded the 5000 of what James Joyce has termed the
'nightmare' (of contending tribal and national interests) from which it
is certainly time for this planet to wake."

Turns out, that the Native European 'Golden Age of Peace' was not a
myth. There is by now, a collection of 50,000 artifacts in the museums
of eastern Europe, and the absence of weapons and iconography of war and
violence speaks volumes.

Message has been deleted

Abhijit Bhattacharya

Sep 9, 2004, 12:22:51 AM9/9/04
Paul Bramscher <brams00...@tc.umn.edu> wrote in message news:<chnk43$ieb$1...@lenny.tc.umn.edu>...

I'd vote for the Jains. There is a Buddhist dictatorship in Burma and
Sikhs are highly regarded in India for their military prowess.

Regards,

Abhijit