For Missouri bishops, limitless concealed carry is a bad idea

Mattb.

Aug 21, 2016, 9:43:46 PM8/21/16
For Missouri bishops, limitless concealed carry is a bad idea

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/for-missouri-bishops-limitless-concealed-carry-is-a-bad-idea-92678/

Jefferson City, Mo., Aug 21, 2016 / 04:09 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- The
Missouri legislature should let stand the governor’s veto of a bill
that would allow concealed carry of firearms without a permit, the
state’s Catholic bishops have said.

“Catholic Church teaching recognizes the right to self-defense as a
way of preserving one’s life and in defense of others in the face of
an imminent threat,” the Missouri Catholic Conference said. “We
encourage Missouri citizens of good will, however, not to fall prey to
the notion that we are somehow safer as individuals and as a society
if everyone is always and everywhere armed.”

The conference statement was signed by all the state’s bishops.

The bishops said the current concealed carry permit process is
“reasonable and prudent,” noting such steps as a background check and
eight hours of formal training for permit applicants. The training
includes instruction in loading, cleaning, storing, and discharging of
firearms and lessons about the lawful and appropriate use of force.

Gronk

Aug 21, 2016, 11:49:28 PM8/21/16

Ministry of Vengeance and Vendettas

Aug 22, 2016, 10:21:15 AM8/22/16
Mattb. <trdel...@outlook.com> wrote in
Fuck the Catholic Church. They are so out of touch with reality it is truly
frightening.

I think they are afraid of priests getting shot after being found out as
kid touchers.

--
"...And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not
warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of

Dänk 42Ø

Aug 23, 2016, 1:29:59 AM8/23/16
On 08/22/2016 01:44 AM, Mattb. wrote:
> For Missouri bishops, limitless concealed carry is a bad idea
>
> http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/for-missouri-bishops-limitless-concealed-carry-is-a-bad-idea-92678/
>
> Jefferson City, Mo., Aug 21, 2016 / 04:09 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- The
> Missouri legislature should let stand the governor’s veto of a bill
> that would allow concealed carry of firearms without a permit, the
> state’s Catholic bishops have said.

Last time I checked, America had a fundamental principle of separation
of church and state. The State shall not meddle in Church affairs,
and it follows by logic that the reverse should be true.

Catholic-Americans, are still free to vote for whoever their Bishop
orders them to, but this still violates that principle. Which is why
I hate religion so. I am a free-thinker, and won't be told by anyone
what to believe, buy, or otherwise consume. Catholics are just as
bad as Mormons and Muslims is that they will believe and obey
whatever their clerics dictate.

DoD

Aug 23, 2016, 1:45:42 AM8/23/16

"Dänk 42Ø" <da...@freetown.christiania.org> wrote in message
> On 08/22/2016 01:44 AM, Mattb. wrote:
>> For Missouri bishops, limitless concealed carry is a bad idea
>>
>> http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/for-missouri-bishops-limitless-concealed-carry-is-a-bad-idea-92678/
>>
>> Jefferson City, Mo., Aug 21, 2016 / 04:09 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- The
>> Missouri legislature should let stand the governor’s veto of a bill
>> that would allow concealed carry of firearms without a permit, the
>> state’s Catholic bishops have said.
>
> Last time I checked, America had a fundamental principle of separation
> of church and state. The State shall not meddle in Church affairs,
> and it follows by logic that the reverse should be true.
>
> Catholic-Americans, are still free to vote for whoever their Bishop
> orders them to,

Hmmmm..... Maybe you really need to put down your bong or blunt...whatever
you are doing at this point... When you wake up tomorrow and before you
wake and bake, if you do that, read what you wrote above and maybe you can
see how silly what you wrote is. I will try and help you "free to vote"
"orders them to"
Yikes...

>but this still violates that principle. Which is why
> I hate religion so. I am a free-thinker,

Try to learn the diff between people that are ordered to do something
and people that, and I am going to use this phrase and I hope that you can
understand, cafeteria Catholics.... I will give you an example... If
Catholics VOTED
by their SUPPOSED FAITH .... Barak Obama would have never become
president... That is a
really SIMPLE FACT... Seriously it is... THINK ABORTION alone.

Snip the rest of your rant which I covered above... Do you do other drugs
besides weed? I have
never seen a pothead that confused?

Just Wondering

Aug 23, 2016, 4:55:38 AM8/23/16
On 8/22/2016 11:29 PM, Dänk 42Ø wrote:
> On 08/22/2016 01:44 AM, Mattb. wrote:
>> For Missouri bishops, limitless concealed carry is a bad idea
>>
>> http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/for-missouri-bishops-limitless-concealed-carry-is-a-bad-idea-92678/
>>

>> Jefferson City, Mo., Aug 21, 2016 / 04:09 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- The
>> Missouri legislature should let stand the governor’s veto of a bill
>> that would allow concealed carry of firearms without a permit, the
>> state’s Catholic bishops have said.
>
> Last time I checked, America had a fundamental principle of separation
> of church and state. The State shall not meddle in Church affairs,
> and it follows by logic that the reverse should be true.

No it doesn't. The ultimate implication of that logic would be
that only atheists are eligible for elected office. But expressing an
opinion us not meddling, in fact it's expressly protected by the First
Amendment, especially if the opinion is on matters affecting the
administration of government, and even if the one expressing the opinion
is someone with a position of authority in a church.

PATRICK

Aug 23, 2016, 8:28:03 AM8/23/16
Gosh, is this the only time that this occurs?
Religion is the culprit?
Why do 93 percent of the black people all vote for Obammy?
Why are college towns so sickeningly liberal?
Why do newspapers only print liberal views?
Why is MSNBC so prejudiced?

Bishops do not tell Catholic who to vote for. They may remind their
parishioners who is pro-life and who is pro-death...

PATRICK

Aug 23, 2016, 8:29:00 AM8/23/16
On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 00:45:40 -0500, "DoD" <danski...@gmail.com>
wrote:
+ Good answer....

PATRICK

Aug 23, 2016, 8:29:36 AM8/23/16
+ Another good answer.

Beam Me Up Scotty

Aug 23, 2016, 11:57:50 AM8/23/16
On 08/23/2016 01:29 AM, Dänk 42Ø wrote:
> I am a free-thinker, and won't be told by anyone
> what to believe, buy, or otherwise consume.

Democrats tell you to buy ObamaCare, tell you you can't buy an AR-15 and
want to control the foods and medicines that have access to buy.

The government tells you to believe them above and beyond all others...

Liberalism has created a MATRIX to get you to believe that Liberalism is
actually working and yet the reality is that the more Liberalism we see
the more failed policies we see. Any Democrat or Liberal or government
establishment type that believes in the government and Liberalism, is
NOT a free thinker, they're probably being nudged by the Liberal Matrix
to believe they're a free thinker.

Which is the opposite of an actual free thinker.

If you haven't found the lies in what a Liberal told you, then you
didn't dig deep enough.

--
That's Karma ;)

MattB

Aug 23, 2016, 5:11:46 PM8/23/16
On Sun, 21 Aug 2016 18:57:48 -0700 (PDT), wy <w...@myself.com> wrote:
>All of which is meaningless if a guy decides to "legally" get himself an AK47 to blow away 50 people just for the hell of it. Hey, you know, it's kind of what happened more than quite a few times already.

WY the article is about concealed carry, you might be large enough to
conceal a AK47. I'm not.

I agree with the Bishops here for one main reason the "eight hours of
formal training for permit applicants. The training includes
instruction in loading, cleaning, storing, and discharging of firearms
and lessons about the lawful and appropriate use of force."

ALL States IMO should require this.

MattB

Aug 23, 2016, 5:16:06 PM8/23/16
Well to the most part I agree with you but I do agree with them there
should be "eight hours of formal training for permit applicants. The
training includes instruction in loading, cleaning, storing, and
discharging of firearms and lessons about the lawful and appropriate
use of force."

All States should require this. That is common sense to give the
basics to people " instruction in loading, cleaning, storing". To me
is good. Remember there are some stupid people put there.

>I think they are afraid of priests getting shot after being found out as
>kid touchers.

Surprised more haven't been. Careful though the Pedo defenders
Patrick and Duke will come out. They might threaten to visit you.

PATRICK

Aug 23, 2016, 5:45:31 PM8/23/16
On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 14:16:10 -0700, MattB <trdel...@gmail.com>
wrote:
>Well to the most part I agree with you ..

Of course you do.....

Governor Swill

Aug 23, 2016, 6:15:04 PM8/23/16
I perceive a difference between a person of faith holding office, and
a person holding office dictating their faith as the law of the land.

Swill
--
"If Donald Trump is our standard bearer,
what's happened to our standards?

Governor Swill

Aug 23, 2016, 6:15:56 PM8/23/16
On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 08:28:20 -0400, PATRICK <pbark...@woh.rr.com>
wrote:

>On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 05:29:50 +0000, Dänk 42Ø
By which you mean against or for the death penalty?

Just Wondering

Aug 23, 2016, 6:55:18 PM8/23/16
Then you would agree that Sharia-inspired Moslems should not be elected
to legislatures, and that Catholic Bishops exercising their 1A rights to
expound on matters of public interest are not a problem.

MattB

Aug 23, 2016, 8:09:44 PM8/23/16
On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 17:45:49 -0400, PATRICK <pbark...@woh.rr.com>
wrote:
Notice Patrick Barker needed to slit a sentence in order to post a
negative reply.

Here is the original

**

Well to the most part I agree with you but I do agree with them there
should be "eight hours of formal training for permit applicants. The
training includes instruction in loading, cleaning, storing, and
discharging of firearms and lessons about the lawful and appropriate
use of force."

All States should require this. That is common sense to give the
basics to people " instruction in loading, cleaning, storing". To me
is good. Remember there are some stupid people put there.

>I think they are afraid of priests getting shot after being found out as
>kid touchers.

Surprised more haven't been. Careful though the Pedo defenders
Patrick and Duke will come out. They might threaten to visit you.

***

So you can see Patrick Barker of Dayton is showing the true Catholic
sprit here with his deceptive practices.

Governor Swill

Aug 23, 2016, 10:38:59 PM8/23/16
No reason not to unless they attempt to actually legislate their
beliefs once they're sworn in. They can then be censured, recalled
and/or sued in Federal Court.

>and that Catholic Bishops exercising their 1A rights to
>expound on matters of public interest are not a problem.

As long as they don't do it from the pulpit or promote any political
party or candidate.

duke

Aug 24, 2016, 7:29:33 AM8/24/16
On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 17:45:49 -0400, PATRICK <pbark...@woh.rr.com> wrote:

I guess he wants to return to the land of the white man scalping.

the dukester, American-American

*****
Pope Paul VI
*****

duke

Aug 24, 2016, 7:33:18 AM8/24/16
On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 08:28:20 -0400, PATRICK <pbark...@woh.rr.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 05:29:50 +0000, Dänk 42Ø
I can't believe that he made that mistake - bishops telling Catholics how to
vote! Haahaahaa.

I guess he doesn't understand what a 501(c) means.

duke

Aug 24, 2016, 7:33:49 AM8/24/16
On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 18:15:56 -0400, Governor Swill <governo...@gmail.com>
Murdering the unborn baby.

>Swill

duke

Aug 24, 2016, 7:36:06 AM8/24/16
Many Catholic beliefs are deceptive practices for a white man scalper.

PATRICK

Aug 24, 2016, 8:00:54 AM8/24/16
On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 17:09:49 -0700, MattB <trdel...@gmail.com>
Ahhhh.
Excellent.
Please notice what I responded to.
Some dork said : Fuck the Catholic Church. They are so out of touch
with reality it is truly frightening.

And you responded: Well to the most part I agree with you ..

And Then said: Of course you do....

PATRICK

Aug 24, 2016, 8:03:47 AM8/24/16
On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 18:15:56 -0400, Governor Swill
You can take it to mean anything you like.
That is a totally different subject.
Abortion, Capital Punishment, etc.
When we cannot discuss these things, or determine who we want to
represent us in political office, then we might as well give up.

bigdog

Aug 24, 2016, 12:52:15 PM8/24/16
These bishops ought to stick to protecting pedophile priests and stay out of public policy debates.

Governor Swill

Aug 24, 2016, 1:59:07 PM8/24/16
On Wed, 24 Aug 2016 08:01:13 -0400, PATRICK <pbark...@woh.rr.com>
wrote:

>Ahhhh.
>Excellent.
>Please notice what I responded to.
>Some dork said : Fuck the Catholic Church. They are so out of touch
>with reality it is truly frightening.
>
>And you responded: Well to the most part I agree with you ..
>
>And Then said: Of course you do....

Except that you snipped out the rest of what he wrote. And everybody
sees it.

Just Wondering

Aug 24, 2016, 3:53:08 PM8/24/16
1. Censure does nothing, and it's not available to you or me anyway.
2. Many legislators, including Congressmen, are not subject
to recall elections.
3. You can't sue a legislator for the legislation he sponsors.

>> and that Catholic Bishops exercising their 1A rights to
>> expound on matters of public interest are not a problem.
>
> As long as they don't do it from the pulpit or promote any political
> party or candidate.

If a cleric wanted to made political comments from the pulpit, how would
you propose to stop it? How can government legitimately censor the clergy?

PATRICK

Aug 24, 2016, 4:16:29 PM8/24/16
On Wed, 24 Aug 2016 13:59:08 -0400, Governor Swill
<governo...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 24 Aug 2016 08:01:13 -0400, PATRICK <pbark...@woh.rr.com>
>wrote:
>

>>Ahhhh.
>>Excellent.
>>Please notice what I responded to.
>>Some dork said : Fuck the Catholic Church. They are so out of touch
>>with reality it is truly frightening.
>>
>>And you responded: Well to the most part I agree with you ..
>>
>>And Then said: Of course you do....
>
>Except that you snipped out the rest of what he wrote. And everybody
>sees it.

I don't care.
I responded ONLY to the quip that larry junior provided.

MattB

Aug 24, 2016, 4:28:22 PM8/24/16
On Wed, 24 Aug 2016 13:54:28 -0600, Just Wondering
If they don't want to be tax exempt? Personally all Churches should
pay taxes.

Kenny McCormack

Aug 24, 2016, 4:52:03 PM8/24/16
In article <DWmvz.4636$Zu....@fx18.iad>,
Just Wondering <fmh...@comcast.net> wrote:
>If a cleric wanted to made political comments from the pulpit, how would
>you propose to stop it? How can government legitimately censor the clergy?

By taking away their tax-free status.

lines long. As such, it violates one or more Usenet RFCs. In order to remain in
compliance with said RFCs, the actual sig can be found at the following web address:
http://www.xmission.com/~gazelle/Sigs/Rorschach

PATRICK

Aug 24, 2016, 7:05:55 PM8/24/16
On Wed, 24 Aug 2016 13:28:29 -0700, MattB <trdel...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Why?

Just Wondering

Aug 24, 2016, 7:09:26 PM8/24/16
Sounds like that would make churches "pay to play" when it comes to
government. Wouldn't that run afoul of your highly vaunted wall of
separation between church and state?

Just Wondering

Aug 24, 2016, 7:11:50 PM8/24/16
On 8/24/2016 2:52 PM, Kenny McCormack wrote:
> In article <DWmvz.4636$Zu....@fx18.iad>,
> Just Wondering <fmh...@comcast.net> wrote:
>> If a cleric wanted to made political comments from the pulpit, how would
>> you propose to stop it? How can government legitimately censor the clergy?
>
> By taking away their tax-free status.

Before you propose that, look into why the tax code allows that
organizations tax-exempt status in the first place, because if you did
that to churches you'd have to do it to other organizations as well.

Mattb.

Aug 24, 2016, 7:29:54 PM8/24/16
On Wed, 24 Aug 2016 19:06:15 -0400, PATRICK <pbark...@woh.rr.com>
Why not?

Mattb.

Aug 24, 2016, 7:31:03 PM8/24/16
On Wed, 24 Aug 2016 17:10:46 -0600, Just Wondering
Well if they want to be in politics let them pay taxes.

Governor Swill

Aug 24, 2016, 7:38:51 PM8/24/16
On Wed, 24 Aug 2016 16:16:48 -0400, PATRICK <pbark...@woh.rr.com>
wrote:

>On Wed, 24 Aug 2016 13:59:08 -0400, Governor Swill
><governo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 24 Aug 2016 08:01:13 -0400, PATRICK <pbark...@woh.rr.com>
>>wrote:
>>

>>>Ahhhh.
>>>Excellent.
>>>Please notice what I responded to.
>>>Some dork said : Fuck the Catholic Church. They are so out of touch
>>>with reality it is truly frightening.
>>>
>>>And you responded: Well to the most part I agree with you ..
>>>
>>>And Then said: Of course you do....
>>
>>Except that you snipped out the rest of what he wrote. And everybody
>>sees it.
>
>I don't care.
>I responded ONLY to the quip that larry junior provided.

No. You didn't. You responded like an asshole troll and selectively
edited to make it seem as though he meant something other than what he
did. And even in your edit, it was clear he was not in full agreement
with what he'd commented on.

Swill
--
#imwithher #stronger together
"It's shameful how Hillary is selling access to government

Governor Swill

Aug 24, 2016, 7:40:48 PM8/24/16
On Wed, 24 Aug 2016 13:28:29 -0700, MattB <trdel...@gmail.com>
wrote:

I'll second that. They should be ashamed of themselves for buying
preachers multimillion dollar mansions, car collections and airplanes.

"Would Jesus wear a rolex on his television show?" -- Ray Stevens

Governor Swill

Aug 24, 2016, 7:41:27 PM8/24/16
On Wed, 24 Aug (Kenny McCormack) wrote:
>Just Wondering wrote:
>>If a cleric wanted to made political comments from the pulpit, how would
>>you propose to stop it? How can government legitimately censor the clergy?
>
>By taking away their tax-free status.

How would that censor the clergy?

Just Wondering

Aug 24, 2016, 8:01:08 PM8/24/16
On 8/24/2016 5:31 PM, Mattb. wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Aug 2016 17:10:46 -0600, Just Wondering wrote:
>> On 8/24/2016 2:28 PM, MattB wrote:
Well that sure doesn't address my question to you.

MattB

Aug 25, 2016, 12:13:11 AM8/25/16
On Wed, 24 Aug 2016 18:02:28 -0600, Just Wondering
Don't have a answer. Do you?

MattB

Aug 25, 2016, 12:15:47 AM8/25/16
I doubt Jesus would except much of the major organized religions few
follow his words. Fundamentalist follow Paul a man that never knew
Jesus and yet wrote much of the NT.

Governor Swill

Aug 25, 2016, 12:52:33 AM8/25/16
On Wed, 24 Aug 2016 21:15:55 -0700, MattB <trdel...@gmail.com>
Ah . . . But see, Paul was inspired by divine inspiration. As they
say, the "scales fell from his eyes". Christians accept it as a point
of faith that Paul's writings are acceptable as scripture, but Thomas
Jefferson didn't. He assembled his own bible created almost
exclusively of quotes of Jesus, excerpts from the disciples writings
with Paul's letters conspicuously absent.

Swill
--
#imwithher #stronger together
And then the elephant said . . ,

MattB

Aug 25, 2016, 3:08:07 AM8/25/16
On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 00:52:34 -0400, Governor Swill
I've never read that. Have to get a copy.

>Swill

duke

Aug 25, 2016, 7:41:27 AM8/25/16
On Wed, 24 Aug 2016 13:28:29 -0700, MattB <trdel...@gmail.com> wrote:

501(c) groups live by different IRS rules.

duke

Aug 25, 2016, 7:42:16 AM8/25/16
How say he doesn't understand.

duke

Aug 25, 2016, 7:43:09 AM8/25/16
They aren't in politics. That's the rule.

duke

Aug 25, 2016, 7:44:14 AM8/25/16
On Wed, 24 Aug 2016 19:40:48 -0400, Governor Swill <governo...@gmail.com>
Catholic Priests don't get that.

>"Would Jesus wear a rolex on his television show?" -- Ray Stevens
>
>Swill

duke

Aug 25, 2016, 7:45:05 AM8/25/16
Where did he get his information from?

duke

Aug 25, 2016, 7:45:57 AM8/25/16
On Wed, 24 Aug 2016 20:52:02 +0000 (UTC), gaz...@shell.xmission.com (Kenny
McCormack) wrote:

>In article <DWmvz.4636$Zu....@fx18.iad>,
>Just Wondering <fmh...@comcast.net> wrote:
>>If a cleric wanted to made political comments from the pulpit, how would
>>you propose to stop it? How can government legitimately censor the clergy?
>
>By taking away their tax-free status.

By law, they would then be allowed to politic from the pulpit.

duke

Aug 25, 2016, 7:47:00 AM8/25/16
Dem boyz be rially slo 2day. Let them stew for a while.

MattB

Aug 25, 2016, 3:48:05 PM8/25/16
So the RCC doesn't have a lobbying group in the USA?

MattB

Aug 25, 2016, 3:49:10 PM8/25/16
Leave that up to you to figure out.

PATRICK

Aug 25, 2016, 3:58:40 PM8/25/16
On Wed, 24 Aug 2016 19:38:51 -0400, Governor Swill
<governo...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 24 Aug 2016 16:16:48 -0400, PATRICK <pbark...@woh.rr.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 24 Aug 2016 13:59:08 -0400, Governor Swill
>><governo...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>Except that you snipped out the rest of what he wrote. And everybody
>>>sees it.
>>
>>I don't care.
>>I responded ONLY to the quip that larry junior provided.
>
>No. You didn't. You responded like an asshole troll and selectively
>edited to make it seem as though he meant something other than what he
>did. And even in your edit, it was clear he was not in full agreement
>with what he'd commented on.

That is his problem.
People should be clear about what they are speaking about.
Speaking of ass hole trolls, have you even met matty?

PATRICK

Aug 25, 2016, 4:01:57 PM8/25/16
On Wed, 24 Aug 2016 16:30:09 -0700, Mattb. <trdel...@outlook.com>
Some Americans seem to think that churches1 are merely large buildings
that, after about noon on Sunday, lock their doors and occupy space
for the balance of the week.
This misperception could prove quite costly in the wake of the Supreme
Court's finding of a constitutional "right" to same-sex marriage.
Already, some are calling for the ending of tax exempt status for
churches, religious-affiliated schools of all kinds, and non-profits
in general if they do not actively make accommodations for same-sex
partners.
Not only would this loss be an act of political aggression against
religious entities, but it would adversely affect untold millions of
lives by shrinking countless church ministries to those with profound
and urgent needs.

tax exempt status for churches is a historic, even intrinsic, part of
the federal tax system.

Contrary to an argument made frequently by liberal critics of the
church tax exemption, the exemption is neither sponsorship of religion
nor a subsidy for churches. In Walz v. Tax Commission of the City of
New York (1970), Chief Justice Warren Burger wrote that "the grant of
a tax exemption is not sponsorship since the government does not
transfer part of its revenue to churches but simply abstains from
demanding that the church support the state."

Walz was a cornerstone case regarding tax exempt status for religious
institutions. Describing the reasoning of the case, Georgetown
University's Berkeley Center for Religion, Peace, and World Affairs
summarizes:

... (Walz said that) the purpose of the exemptions was not to advance
or inhibit religion; the exemptions were available to a broad class of
institutions the state found desirable, including hospitals,
libraries, playgrounds, scientific, professional, historical, and
patriotic groups. After examining the long history in the United
States of exempting religious institutions from taxation, the Court
determined that the exemption has not resulted in the excessive
entanglement of religion and the government. In fact, the Court found,
taxing religious property could increase government entanglement by
giving rise to tax valuation of church property, tax liens, and tax
foreclosures. Further, demanding that religious institutions support
the government by paying taxes would also create entanglement.
As seminary president Albert Mohler explains with respect to the
subsidy argument, a "subsidy would be the transfer of tax money to
institutions. That's not what's going on here.... Rather, the tax
exemption is granted with respect to institutions the government does
not feel that it has the right to tax on the one hand and on the other
hand, institutions that it believes are essential to the Commonwealth
and to the commonweal, to the well-functioning of society."

http://www.frc.org/taxexemptionchurches

PATRICK

Aug 25, 2016, 4:02:56 PM8/25/16
On Wed, 24 Aug 2016 18:02:28 -0600, Just Wondering
Matty doesn't know how to answer questions.

PATRICK

Aug 25, 2016, 4:04:01 PM8/25/16
On Wed, 24 Aug 2016 16:31:18 -0700, Mattb. <trdel...@outlook.com>
They are merely using their rights for free speech.
Have you ever heard of it?

PATRICK

Aug 25, 2016, 4:06:44 PM8/25/16
On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 06:45:52 -0500, duke <duckg...@cox.net> wrote:

>On Wed, 24 Aug 2016 20:52:02 +0000 (UTC), gaz...@shell.xmission.com (Kenny
>McCormack) wrote:
>
>>In article <DWmvz.4636$Zu....@fx18.iad>,
>>Just Wondering <fmh...@comcast.net> wrote:
>>>If a cleric wanted to made political comments from the pulpit, how would
>>>you propose to stop it? How can government legitimately censor the clergy?
>>
>>By taking away their tax-free status.
>
>By law, they would then be allowed to politic from the pulpit.

kinda like that Rev Wright who proclaimed: "God Damn America."

MattB

Aug 25, 2016, 5:32:38 PM8/25/16
On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 16:02:18 -0400, PATRICK <pbark...@woh.rr.com>
Ok how about we don't tax the actual church building, residences or
charities of Churches but tax all other profits and property.

MattB

Aug 25, 2016, 5:34:51 PM8/25/16
On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 16:04:21 -0400, PATRICK <pbark...@woh.rr.com>
Yes I use it here. Just don't say if you believe in God you will vote
this or this way. Then guess the Same-sex_marriage vote in Ireland
shows the Church has little true power over how people vote. Yet I'll
bet some will say it was a sin to vote for Gay marriage.

MattB

Aug 25, 2016, 5:36:22 PM8/25/16
On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 16:03:17 -0400, PATRICK <pbark...@woh.rr.com>
Yes I do Pedo Patrick. If I know the answer.

Governor Swill

Aug 25, 2016, 6:15:00 PM8/25/16
On Thu, 25 Aug MattB wrote:

>>Ah . . . But see, Paul was inspired by divine inspiration. As they
>>say, the "scales fell from his eyes". Christians accept it as a point
>>of faith that Paul's writings are acceptable as scripture, but Thomas
>>Jefferson didn't. He assembled his own bible created almost
>>exclusively of quotes of Jesus, excerpts from the disciples writings
>>with Paul's letters conspicuously absent.
>
>I've never read that. Have to get a copy.

It's easily downloaded online. Google "Jefferson Bible" and you're
bound to run into a free one somewhere to download. That's how I got
mine. It isn't very long.

Governor Swill

Aug 25, 2016, 6:16:03 PM8/25/16
On Thu, 25 Aug duke wrote:
>On Wed, 24 Aug MattB wrote:
>>I doubt Jesus would except much of the major organized religions few
>>follow his words. Fundamentalist follow Paul a man that never knew
>>Jesus and yet wrote much of the NT.
>
>Where did he get his information from?

Same place you get yours.

Swill
--
#imwithher #stronger together

Governor Swill

Aug 25, 2016, 6:16:58 PM8/25/16
On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 06:44:10 -0500, duke wrote:
>>I'll second that. They should be ashamed of themselves for buying
>>preachers multimillion dollar mansions, car collections and airplanes.
>
>Catholic Priests don't get that.

No, such largesse is saved for the Bishops, Archbishops and Cardinals.
RHIP.

MattB

Aug 25, 2016, 6:44:16 PM8/25/16
On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 18:15:01 -0400, Governor Swill
<governo...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 25 Aug MattB wrote:
>
>>>Ah . . . But see, Paul was inspired by divine inspiration. As they
>>>say, the "scales fell from his eyes". Christians accept it as a point
>>>of faith that Paul's writings are acceptable as scripture, but Thomas
>>>Jefferson didn't. He assembled his own bible created almost
>>>exclusively of quotes of Jesus, excerpts from the disciples writings
>>>with Paul's letters conspicuously absent.
>>
>>I've never read that. Have to get a copy.
>
>It's easily downloaded online. Google "Jefferson Bible" and you're
>bound to run into a free one somewhere to download. That's how I got
>mine. It isn't very long.

I'll have to print it out. I can only look at a screen for so long.

>Swill

Governor Swill

Aug 25, 2016, 11:06:27 PM8/25/16
On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 14:32:47 -0700, MattB <trdel...@gmail.com>
Tax everything and yes, churches, being a public accomodation should
be required to follow the law.

Ministry of Vengeance and Vendettas

Aug 25, 2016, 11:08:55 PM8/25/16
MattB <trdel...@gmail.com> wrote in

> On Mon, 22 Aug 2016 14:21:14 -0000 (UTC), Ministry of Vengeance and
> Vendettas <nuke_them_...@sulaco.com> wrote:
>
>>Mattb. <trdel...@outlook.com> wrote in
>>
>>> For Missouri bishops, limitless concealed carry is a bad idea
>>>
>>> http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/for-missouri-bishops-limitless-c
>>> on cealed-carry-is-a-bad-idea-92678/
>>>
>>> Jefferson City, Mo., Aug 21, 2016 / 04:09 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- The
>>> Missouri legislature should let stand the governor’s veto of a bill
>>> that would allow concealed carry of firearms without a permit, the
>>> state’s Catholic bishops have said.
>>>
>>> “Catholic Church teaching recognizes the right to self-defense as a
>>> way of preserving one’s life and in defense of others in the face of
>>> an imminent threat,” the Missouri Catholic Conference said. “We
>>> encourage Missouri citizens of good will, however, not to fall prey to
>>> the notion that we are somehow safer as individuals and as a society
>>> if everyone is always and everywhere armed.”
>>>
>>> The conference statement was signed by all the state’s bishops.
>>>
>>> The bishops said the current concealed carry permit process is
>>> “reasonable and prudent,” noting such steps as a background check and
>>> eight hours of formal training for permit applicants. The training
>>> includes instruction in loading, cleaning, storing, and discharging of
>>> firearms and lessons about the lawful and appropriate use of force.
>>
>>Fuck the Catholic Church. They are so out of touch with reality it is
>>truly frightening.
>
> Well to the most part I agree with you but I do agree with them there
> should be "eight hours of formal training for permit applicants. The
> training includes instruction in loading, cleaning, storing, and
> discharging of firearms and lessons about the lawful and appropriate
> use of force."
>
> All States should require this. That is common sense to give the
> basics to people " instruction in loading, cleaning, storing". To me
> is good. Remember there are some stupid people put there.
>>
>>I think they are afraid of priests getting shot after being found out as
>>kid touchers.
>
> Surprised more haven't been. Careful though the Pedo defenders
> Patrick and Duke will come out. They might threaten to visit you.

My now 13 yo daughter fired her first gun at 7 when she was physically able
to hold and shoot it. After much dry firing and handling 7instruction at
home. She was taught how to clean her firearms after use.

That is good parenting. That is how it should be done.

--
"...And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not
warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of
resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to
the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a
century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time,
with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."--
Thomas Jefferson, Nov. 13, 1787

MattB

Aug 26, 2016, 1:04:23 AM8/26/16
On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 03:08:53 -0000 (UTC), Ministry of Vengeance and
I did something similar as I used guns for work and though locked them
up wanted the kids to know they weren't toys. If there is a gun in
the home all parents should do this. That is why I think removing the
requirement for the training to have a CWP is a bad move.

duke

Aug 26, 2016, 7:48:19 AM8/26/16
The proper term is "politicking from the pulpit".

duke

Aug 26, 2016, 7:50:24 AM8/26/16
Nobody does. We vote our conscience.

>Then guess the Same-sex_marriage vote in Ireland
>shows the Church has little true power over how people vote. Yet I'll
>bet some will say it was a sin to vote for Gay marriage.

Congratulations on figuring it out. It's a matter of conscience. And God gets
the only job as judge. He knows.

duke

Aug 26, 2016, 7:51:04 AM8/26/16
It's clearly in the bible.

duke

Aug 26, 2016, 7:52:03 AM8/26/16
On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 18:16:03 -0400, Governor Swill <governo...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Thu, 25 Aug duke wrote:
>>On Wed, 24 Aug MattB wrote:
>>>I doubt Jesus would except much of the major organized religions few
>>>follow his words. Fundamentalist follow Paul a man that never knew
>>>Jesus and yet wrote much of the NT.
>>
>>Where did he get his information from?
>
>Same place you get yours.

Wrong, I was taught by my parents, my Church, my personal studies. Paul was
taught by Jesus.

duke

Aug 26, 2016, 7:53:43 AM8/26/16
On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 18:16:59 -0400, Governor Swill <governo...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 06:44:10 -0500, duke wrote:
>>>I'll second that. They should be ashamed of themselves for buying
>>>preachers multimillion dollar mansions, car collections and airplanes.
>>
>>Catholic Priests don't get that.
>
>No, such largesse is saved for the Bishops, Archbishops and Cardinals.
>RHIP.

Church ownership. When the Bishop moves, the "mansion" stays.

duke

Aug 26, 2016, 7:55:51 AM8/26/16
I wonder if he was 501(c).

duke

Aug 26, 2016, 7:58:10 AM8/26/16
wrote:

>On Thu, 25 Aug MattB wrote:
>
>>>Ah . . . But see, Paul was inspired by divine inspiration. As they
>>>say, the "scales fell from his eyes". Christians accept it as a point
>>>of faith that Paul's writings are acceptable as scripture, but Thomas
>>>Jefferson didn't. He assembled his own bible created almost
>>>exclusively of quotes of Jesus, excerpts from the disciples writings
>>>with Paul's letters conspicuously absent.
>>
>>I've never read that. Have to get a copy.

https://www.biblegateway.com/ has all sorts of bibles to pick from and use
online.

>It's easily downloaded online. Google "Jefferson Bible" and you're
>bound to run into a free one somewhere to download. That's how I got
>mine. It isn't very long.
>
>Swill

PATRICK

Aug 26, 2016, 8:31:43 AM8/26/16
On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 14:32:47 -0700, MattB <trdel...@gmail.com>
Profits?
The RCC does not have profits.
Do you know how much a priest is paid?
Ask one....

Now if you want to tax the preacher's income, I might say: "Go for
it." However, that will take away from some other charity.
Now if you want to tax Benny Hinn and his rolex's and Mercedes Benzes,
that would be fine with me.

No, you can't tax the properties that are being used for charitable
purposes. Like Schools, and hospitals, and priest housing. Now if
your parents will their property to the church and it is used for
rental income, then of course that should and IS taxed.

Be careful on your wishes. You might exclude some charity. Would you
close a hospital emergency room to the poor if they aren't paying for
your pot holes to be filled?

PATRICK

Aug 26, 2016, 8:33:04 AM8/26/16
On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 14:36:32 -0700, MattB <trdel...@gmail.com>
wrote:
And that is your biggest problem. You open your mouth without
thinking something all the way through. But then, you keep me
entertained when you do....

PATRICK

Aug 26, 2016, 8:33:46 AM8/26/16
On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 12:48:14 -0700, MattB <trdel...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 06:43:05 -0500, duke <duckg...@cox.net> wrote:
>>They aren't in politics. That's the rule.
>
>So the RCC doesn't have a lobbying group in the USA?

Not on staff....

PATRICK

Aug 26, 2016, 8:35:28 AM8/26/16
On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 14:35:01 -0700, MattB <trdel...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Priests never say that.
You are an idiot looking for a place for a train wreck.

> Then guess the Same-sex_marriage vote in Ireland
>shows the Church has little true power over how people vote. Yet I'll
>bet some will say it was a sin to vote for Gay marriage.

You keep betting.
That is what keeps us all entertained.

PATRICK

Aug 26, 2016, 8:36:32 AM8/26/16
On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 15:44:27 -0700, MattB <trdel...@gmail.com>
There is nothing new and exciting to find in it.

PATRICK

Aug 26, 2016, 8:57:49 AM8/26/16
On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 22:04:34 -0700, MattB <trdel...@gmail.com>
wrote:
And I never taught my wife or daughters how to shoot.
They never asked. And I kept them safe myself.

Governor Swill

Aug 26, 2016, 12:28:46 PM8/26/16
On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 06:51:59 -0500, duke <duckg...@cox.net> wrote:

>On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 18:16:03 -0400, Governor Swill <governo...@gmail.com>
>wrote:

>>>Where did he get his information from?
>>
>>Same place you get yours.
>
>Wrong, I was taught by my parents, my Church, my personal studies. Paul was
>taught by Jesus.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Paul never met Jesus. He was a Roman
businessman who converted to Christianity years after the
crucifiction.

Governor Swill

Aug 26, 2016, 12:29:31 PM8/26/16
On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 06:53:39 -0500, duke <duckg...@cox.net> wrote:

>On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 18:16:59 -0400, Governor Swill <governo...@gmail.com>
>wrote:

>>>Catholic Priests don't get that.
>>
>>No, such largesse is saved for the Bishops, Archbishops and Cardinals.
>>RHIP.
>
>Church ownership. When the Bishop moves, the "mansion" stays.

Makes it even worse. They get to live in a mansion with servants for
free.

Beam Me Up Scotty

Aug 26, 2016, 12:51:21 PM8/26/16
On 08/26/2016 12:28 PM, Governor Swill wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 06:51:59 -0500, duke <duckg...@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 18:16:03 -0400, Governor Swill <governo...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Same place you get yours.
>>
>> Wrong, I was taught by my parents, my Church, my personal studies. Paul was
>> taught by Jesus.
>
> BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Paul never met Jesus. He was a Roman
> businessman who converted to Christianity years after the
> crucifiction.
>
> Swill

Macabre.

--
That's Karma ;)

MattB

Aug 26, 2016, 3:33:04 PM8/26/16
Yes it is, but should it be?

MattB

Aug 26, 2016, 3:33:34 PM8/26/16
On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 08:36:53 -0400, PATRICK <pbark...@woh.rr.com>
Then you have read it?

MattB

Aug 26, 2016, 3:34:55 PM8/26/16
On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 08:35:49 -0400, PATRICK <pbark...@woh.rr.com>
If the don't say or imply it the there is no problem. Yet you seem
upset.

>> Then guess the Same-sex_marriage vote in Ireland
>>shows the Church has little true power over how people vote. Yet I'll
>>bet some will say it was a sin to vote for Gay marriage.
>
>You keep betting.
>That is what keeps us all entertained.

OK

MattB

Aug 26, 2016, 3:36:03 PM8/26/16
Does your church think God would send a person to hell for voting for
gay marriage?

MattB

Aug 26, 2016, 4:53:26 PM8/26/16
On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 08:34:07 -0400, PATRICK <pbark...@woh.rr.com>
Catholic Church spent $2M on major N.Y. lobbying firms to block
child-sex law reform

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/catholic-church-hired-lobby-firms-block-n-y-kid-rape-laws-article-1.2655010

MattB

Aug 26, 2016, 4:54:21 PM8/26/16
On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 08:33:26 -0400, PATRICK <pbark...@woh.rr.com>
Isn't that why you were asked to leave the Air force? Big mouth no
brain?

MattB

Aug 26, 2016, 5:05:36 PM8/26/16
On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 08:32:04 -0400, PATRICK <pbark...@woh.rr.com>
They own a bank and have no profits?

>Do you know how much a priest is paid?
>Ask one....

>Now if you want to tax the preacher's income, I might say: "Go for
>it." However, that will take away from some other charity.
>Now if you want to tax Benny Hinn and his rolex's and Mercedes Benzes,
>that would be fine with me.

Tax all equally.

>No, you can't tax the properties that are being used for charitable
>purposes. Like Schools, and hospitals, and priest housing. Now if
>your parents will their property to the church and it is used for
>rental income, then of course that should and IS taxed.
>
>Be careful on your wishes. You might exclude some charity. Would you
>close a hospital emergency room to the poor if they aren't paying for
>your pot holes to be filled?

I said charities were to be tax free. Guess you missed that or are
being deceptive again. The as a RCC fundie you dirty others with
calumny, with disinformation, that is the Catholic way.

MattB

Aug 26, 2016, 5:07:09 PM8/26/16
On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 08:58:11 -0400, PATRICK <pbark...@woh.rr.com>
wrote:
You were a paper pusher different type of job. I can see you have
much of a liberal in you.

duke

Aug 26, 2016, 5:40:09 PM8/26/16
On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 23:06:27 -0400, Governor Swill <governo...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 14:32:47 -0700, MattB <trdel...@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 16:02:18 -0400, PATRICK <pbark...@woh.rr.com>
>>wrote:

>Tax everything and yes, churches, being a public accomodation should
>be required to follow the law.

Then you must allow politicking form the pulpit as a 501(c) with heavy charity
spending. Besides, the Church is not a public accommodation.

>Swill

PATRICK

Aug 26, 2016, 7:31:18 PM8/26/16
On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 14:07:22 -0700, MattB <trdel...@gmail.com>
My desk was the dashboard of my truck, and my voice was all over the
Motorola radio. Yes, I did sign a lot of forms - I signed that an
aircraft was fully mission capable for a scheduled sortie. I signed
over a Red X that was cleared by my 7-level technicians. I kicked
tires and lit fires, and launched thousands of fighter jets toward
their missions. I Ok'd training required and training received. I've
washed jets in 35 degree weather. I've loaded weapons on F-4's,
F-16's and F-15's. I've even PAL'd a nuke once. I've worked on
Martin Baker ejection seats. I've towed aircraft. I've quick turned
sorties. I've determined what fixes were required, which Tab Vees to
fill, which aircraft needed to go to Inspection, which aircraft to use
for weapons training, And who could take vacation. I once had 11
Captains and 14 E-9's working directly for me. That was a bitch when
it came to evaluation time. I've made and broke people's promotions.
I once sent a pedo punk to Leavenworth. And then had to manage his
illegal wife's deportation out of Spain.

+ What is it that you say you did, yeoman?
Why didn't they give you a Good Conduct Medal?
What kid of discharge did they give you and yer pals?

PATRICK

Aug 26, 2016, 7:33:17 PM8/26/16
On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 14:05:48 -0700, MattB <trdel...@gmail.com>
How do you think we launder Mafia money?

>>Do you know how much a priest is paid?
>>Ask one....
>

>>Now if you want to tax the preacher's income, I might say: "Go for
>>it." However, that will take away from some other charity.
>>Now if you want to tax Benny Hinn and his rolex's and Mercedes Benzes,
>>that would be fine with me.
>
>Tax all equally.

What is stopping you?

>>No, you can't tax the properties that are being used for charitable
>>purposes. Like Schools, and hospitals, and priest housing. Now if
>>your parents will their property to the church and it is used for
>>rental income, then of course that should and IS taxed.
>>
>>Be careful on your wishes. You might exclude some charity. Would you
>>close a hospital emergency room to the poor if they aren't paying for
>>your pot holes to be filled?
>
>I said charities were to be tax free.

Well then, that covers the Catholic Church - the largest charity in
the world.

PATRICK

Aug 26, 2016, 7:34:11 PM8/26/16
On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 13:54:33 -0700, MattB <trdel...@gmail.com>
28 + years.....
Have you forgotten?

PATRICK

Aug 26, 2016, 7:36:18 PM8/26/16
On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 13:53:37 -0700, MattB <trdel...@gmail.com>
So?
That lobbying group is not on staff.
We had to outsource to them.
Any questions?

PATRICK

Aug 26, 2016, 7:37:32 PM8/26/16
MattB <trdel...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Does your church think God would send a person to hell for voting for
>gay marriage?

I don't think so.
Do you think you can speak for God and his judgments?

PATRICK

Aug 26, 2016, 7:38:25 PM8/26/16
On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 12:35:06 -0700, MattB <trdel...@gmail.com>
You seem to imply stupid shit.
I am not upset.
I expect this from you.

PATRICK

Aug 26, 2016, 7:41:26 PM8/26/16
On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 12:33:45 -0700, MattB <trdel...@gmail.com>
I have read the Bible a few times.
Jefferson did not invent any new words or phrases in "HIS" Bible.
He merely cut up a couple of King James Bibles and taped the words
from Jesus into one book.
You can still find those same words in the King James Bible.
And yes, I have read it.
Maybe you SHOULD read it. You might find something interesting. If
you do, get back to the rest of the class.

PATRICK

Aug 26, 2016, 7:42:16 PM8/26/16
On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 12:33:16 -0700, MattB <trdel...@gmail.com>
Why not?