Warren Buffett tells Congress: Bail out economy or face 'meltdown'

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS

Sep 28, 2008, 12:56:22 PM9/28/08

HAHAHA. Buffet takes a $5 Billion stake in Goldman Sachs and a week later
he says the bailout is necessary!! He's as corrupt as Paulson.

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/28/bailout.deal/index.html

Buffett to Congress: Bail out economy or face 'meltdown'

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Billionaire Warren Buffett told congressional
negotiators that if they can't agree on a proposed financial bailout, the
nation will face "its biggest financial meltdown in American history," two
sources familiar with the talks said.

Word of Buffett's omen came as House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced "great
progress" in reaching a deal on the White House's proposed $700 billion
bailout of the financial system.

Buffett, whom Forbes magazine has placed at No. 2 on its 2008 list of
richest Americans, was one of several business experts whose opinions were
sought, Sen. Kent Conrad, D-North Dakota, told reporters Saturday.

Buffett is chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. His wealth is
estimated at $50 billion. Buffett was consulted by telephone, Conrad said.

(snip).

Message has been deleted

Bill Smith

Sep 28, 2008, 2:14:55 PM9/28/08
On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 11:56:22 -0500, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are
MURDERERS" <xeto...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>HAHAHA. Buffet takes a $5 Billion stake in Goldman Sachs and a week later
>he says the bailout is necessary!! He's as corrupt as Paulson.

Actually, it looks a lot more like he put some serious money where his
mouth is.

Bill Smith

Message has been deleted

tv

Sep 28, 2008, 2:33:51 PM9/28/08
On Sep 28, 11:14 am, Bill Smith <quand...@newsguy.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 11:56:22 -0500, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are
>
> MURDERERS" <xeton2...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >HAHAHA. Buffet takes a $5 Billion stake in Goldman Sachs and a week later
> >he says the bailout is necessary!! He's as corrupt as Paulson.
>
> Actually, it looks a lot more like he put some serious money where his
> mouth is.
>
> Bill Smith

Why does he want the taxpayers to put their money where his mouth is?
Are you sure that his mouth isn't in the trough?

wis...@yahoo.com

Sep 28, 2008, 3:10:24 PM9/28/08
On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 11:56:22 -0500, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are
MURDERERS" <xeto...@yahoo.com> wrote:

The old muff diver is only interested in protecting his wrinckled ass.

ted

Message has been deleted

Bill Smith

Sep 28, 2008, 3:24:55 PM9/28/08
On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 11:33:51 -0700 (PDT), tv <tjwils...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Buffet is no fool, he expects to profit from his investment in the
long run. Do you understand what the bailout, if properly written and
with proper oversight, will actually do?

Bill Smith

zzbu...@netscape.net

Sep 28, 2008, 3:37:24 PM9/28/08
On Sep 28, 12:56 pm, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"

<xeton2...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> HAHAHA. Buffet takes a $5 Billion stake in Goldman Sachs and a week later
> he says the bailout is necessary!!   He's as corrupt as Paulson.
>
> http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/28/bailout.deal/index.html
>
>  Buffett to Congress: Bail out economy or face 'meltdown'
>
> WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Billionaire Warren Buffett told congressional
> negotiators that if they can't agree on a proposed financial bailout, the
> nation will face "its biggest financial meltdown in American history," two
> sources familiar with the talks said.

Well, that's true, but Buffet only made his billionaires because he
just
happened to born in the most moronic time of American Oil History.
When the imbeciles also thought that WAL-MART was also an *oil
well*.
But it only teach 20 years or so, to teach idiots that cruise
missiles, robots, fiber optics,
drones, AUVs, AAVs, masers, lasers, CD+rw, and DVD-rom, GPS, XML,
and USB, don't really
much of a crap what idiots like Wal-Mart think oil
wells ,computers, satellites, science, A,I.
langauge, ,batterries, holograms, or engineering is.

*Poetic Justice*

Sep 28, 2008, 3:48:33 PM9/28/08
>> estimated at $50 billion. Buffett was consulted by telephone, Conrad said..
>>
>> (snip).

Warren Buffett has $5billion he just invested, riding on what happens.

Bill Smith

Sep 28, 2008, 4:20:55 PM9/28/08
On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 12:37:24 -0700 (PDT), "zzbu...@netscape.net"
<zzbu...@netscape.net> wrote:

>On Sep 28, 12:56 pm, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
><xeton2...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> HAHAHA. Buffet takes a $5 Billion stake in Goldman Sachs and a week later
>> he says the bailout is necessary!!   He's as corrupt as Paulson.
>>
>> http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/28/bailout.deal/index.html
>>
>>  Buffett to Congress: Bail out economy or face 'meltdown'
>>
>> WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Billionaire Warren Buffett told congressional
>> negotiators that if they can't agree on a proposed financial bailout, the
>> nation will face "its biggest financial meltdown in American history," two
>> sources familiar with the talks said.
>
> Well, that's true, but Buffet only made his billionaires because he
>just
> happened to born in the most moronic time of American Oil History.

He acquired a multi billion dollar fortune because of when he was
born?

Funny, I would have thought it was because he was very clever at
investing.

Bill Smith

zzbu...@netscape.net

Sep 28, 2008, 4:39:07 PM9/28/08
On Sep 28, 4:20 pm, Bill Smith <quand...@newsguy.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 12:37:24 -0700 (PDT), "zzbun...@netscape.net"

He was much more clever at being the son of a stock broker.
Just like Bill Gates was much more clever being born the son of a
Lawyer,
who could program C Code. Rather than being somebody who knew
something
about engineering, GPS, robots, lasers, masers, CD, DVD, HDTV,
HTML, XML, Elibrairies, Blogs, On-Line-Publishing, Fiber Optics,
All-In-One Printers,
Holograms, Batteries, and USB.

>                                                Bill Smith- Hide quoted text -

Felix D.

Sep 28, 2008, 6:19:51 PM9/28/08

"Bill Smith" <quan...@newsguy.com> wrote in message

While the intent is to actually generate a modest profit on the deal, some
of the details of what happens then are to much to stomach. As I understand
it, they propose to send 20% of any such profits to groups like ACORN.

That's proving to be the deal killer.

Gray Ghost

Sep 28, 2008, 6:23:25 PM9/28/08
"Felix D." <#1Che...@OGPU.org> wrote in

Given some of the projected ROI I've heard (and don't really beleive) you
could retire the debt. Yeah, but that would be responsible.

--
Always remember:

Bull Connor was a Democrat!

firefly

Sep 28, 2008, 6:59:26 PM9/28/08
Yeah, Buffet lives in a dreamworld and his money isn't real.

---firefly

"Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" <xeto...@yahoo.com> wrote in
message news:Xns9B276F455E725r...@216.168.3.70...

*Poetic Justice*

Sep 28, 2008, 7:09:22 PM9/28/08

Every time in the past that they loaned out our money, they kept the
"profit". Why are we running the USA MORTGAGE COMPANY? As a taxpayer I
don't want to authorize the government to be a loan company.

zzbu...@netscape.net

Sep 28, 2008, 9:56:57 PM9/28/08
On Sep 28, 6:59 pm, "firefly" <firefly...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Yeah, Buffet lives in a dreamworld and his money isn't real.

Well, he would have to. Since Buffet is one of those people
who is an elevator operator for Game Theory.
But, unfortunately for the Game Theory Stooges, most of them
found it realy diffiuclt to operate elevators, when Mexican drug
runners
own all the elevators.

> ---firefly
>
> "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" <xeton2...@yahoo.com> wrote in
> messagenews:Xns9B276F455E725r...@216.168.3.70...

> > HAHAHA. Buffet takes a $5 Billion stake in Goldman Sachs and a week later
> > he says the bailout is necessary!!   He's as corrupt as Paulson.
>
> >http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/28/bailout.deal/index.html
>
> > Buffett to Congress: Bail out economy or face 'meltdown'
>
> > WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Billionaire Warren Buffett told congressional
> > negotiators that if they can't agree on a proposed financial bailout, the
> > nation will face "its biggest financial meltdown in American history," two
> > sources familiar with the talks said.
>
> > Word of Buffett's omen came as House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced "great
> > progress" in reaching a deal on the White House's proposed $700 billion
> > bailout of the financial system.
>
> > Buffett, whom Forbes magazine has placed at No. 2 on its 2008 list of
> > richest Americans, was one of several business experts whose opinions were
> > sought, Sen. Kent Conrad, D-North Dakota, told reporters Saturday.
>
> > Buffett is chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. His wealth is
> > estimated at $50 billion. Buffett was consulted by telephone, Conrad said.
>

> > (snip).- Hide quoted text -

TedKennedyMurderedHisP...@spamgourmet.com

Sep 29, 2008, 1:46:47 PM9/29/08
On Sep 28, 3:37 pm, "zzbun...@netscape.net" <zzbun...@netscape.net>
wrote:
> > (snip).- Hide quoted text -

"imbeciles?" I don't think anyone who writes with such shoddy grammer
and vocabulary has any stance by which to refer to someone else as an
imbecile, imbecile.

TedKennedyMurderedHisP...@spamgourmet.com

Sep 29, 2008, 1:48:54 PM9/29/08
On Sep 28, 7:09 pm, *Poetic Justice* <@http://Poetic-Justice.Talk-n-

Dog.com> wrote:
> Felix D. wrote:
> > "Bill Smith" <quand...@newsguy.com> wrote in message

> >> Buffet is no fool, he expects to profit from his investment in the
> >> long run. Do you understand what the bailout, if properly written and
> >> with proper oversight, will actually do?
>
> > While the intent is to actually generate a modest profit on the deal, some
> > of the details of what happens then are to much to stomach. As I understand
> > it, they propose to send 20% of any such profits to groups like ACORN.
>
> Every time in the past that they loaned out our money, they kept the
> "profit".  Why are we running the USA MORTGAGE COMPANY?  As a taxpayer I
> don't want to authorize the government to be a loan company.
>

> > That's proving to be the deal killer.- Hide quoted text -

Perhaps, if we vote for "change", they'll correct this problem.

Bwahahahaha!

Sorry, I forgot these were career politicians we were talking about.